Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• TigerNY128
    TigerNY128 Posts: 763 Member
    Options
    Random question....I am being forced to buy a new car due to my old one finally dying. I'm trying to rearrange my budget to come up with a car payment. I currently pay $123 a month for DirectTv. I've been told I can do Netflix or Hulu for less than $10 a month. Does anyone only have th
  • TigerNY128
    TigerNY128 Posts: 763 Member
    Options
    Ugh it cut my post off. My question was does anyone have ONLY Netflix or Hulu? How does that work for you??
  • Italian_Buju
    Italian_Buju Posts: 8,030 Member
    Options
    JPW1990 wrote: »
    Tubbs216 wrote: »
    JPW1990 wrote: »
    I have two updates!

1) My Wegmans does carry the Halo Top Vanilla, Chocolate, and Lemon Cake. They were ALL sold out (they only got a very small amount in) so I shall have to check back.

2) I PASSED MY EXAM!!!!!!!!!! B)

Checking in on a Sunday night because I have actual work to do this week, but so glad to hear this! How's your FIL?

And I'm sure this has already been covered, but why is @JPW1990 in jail?

Ironically, answering that question would be a violation of the rules. Can't have people breaking the strictly upheld rules around here, ya know ;)

Oh, so you can post when you are in jail? What exactly does it do then? I assumed it prevented you from posting....
    It's like Fight Club - you can't talk about it.
    I think when in jail you can only make a certain number of posts in a certain timeframe. JPW nod once if that's right, twice if it's wrong.

No, you just have jail bars so you can be publicly shamed.

LOL
  • nonoelmo
    nonoelmo Posts: 3,941 Member
    Options
    TigerNY128 wrote: »
    Random question....I am being forced to buy a new car due to my old one finally dying. I'm trying to rearrange my budget to come up with a car payment. I currently pay $123 a month for DirectTv. I've been told I can do Netflix or Hulu for less than $10 a month. Does anyone only have th

I refuse to pay for TV or radio for that matter. I really don't watch much (or hardly ever) so I'm probably not the best example. But: You can get an antenna that can pick up off the airwaves because there are still free tv channels. I am in a mid-size city and I get a dozen or more channels. My daughter uses netflix a lot and I believe you can get a month free to try it. So you are correct, for a tv antenna ($30? once) and netflix or hulu or amazon prime you can save quite a bit toward your car monthly.
  • Tubbs216
    Tubbs216 Posts: 6,597 Member
    Options
    I would love to get rid of cable (the only option here). I hate it - it's all commercials, crappy reality stuff or reruns. I keep reading about Apple TV but don't quite get how it works. I like a few actual channels (TLC - NO JUDGEMENT, REMEMBER), HGTV, that kind of stuff, plus news and weather. The rest I'd be quite happy to get off Netflix, which in my opinion is the bargain of the century for how much we use it.
  • raelynnsmama52512
    raelynnsmama52512 Posts: 1,184 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    Ugh it cut my post off. My question was does anyone have ONLY Netflix or Hulu? How does that work for you??

We have Netflix but hubby is about to lose his mind. Apparently, he's the only one who misses the cable. I think he just wants the stupid outdoor channel. I personally like Netflix, but I don't watch much on it. I mainly use it for when Raelynn wants to watch a Thomas the train movie now lol. I'm happy with my music app, but when I want some tv in my life, I pull up something on Netflix (is that the TARDIS I hear? ;) ). Switching cut our bill in half, now we just pay 80 for phone and internet ( we have Charter) and 12.85 monthly for Netflix. So far so good!

ETA: Damn it if hubby didn't just effing get the cable added back on! Granted, it only raised our bill $16, but I guess he just couldn't stand it anymore :unamused:
    He did actually just go with the basic package, so he still doesn't have his beloved outdoor channel heheheh :naughty:
  • festerw
    festerw Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    We're going on year 3 without satellite. Netflix works well if you aren't dead set on needing to see the latest seasons of network shows. We're also too far out to get broadband so we're limited in what is feasible running through our phones. Luckily we're grandfathered on Verizon's unlimited data or we'd be in trouble since we average about 100GB per month.
  • Agathokakological
    Agathokakological Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    festerw wrote: »
    We're going on year 3 without satellite. Netflix works well if you aren't dead set on needing to see the latest seasons of network shows. We're also too far out to get broadband so we're limited in what is feasible running through our phones. Luckily we're grandfathered on Verizon's unlimited data or we'd be in trouble since we average about 100GB per month.

Have you tried Amazon Prime? They have a great streaming service with more current shows and movies. Plus you get free 2-day shipping. You do have to pay for the whole year at once, but it works out a little cheaper than what you'd pay for Netflix for the year.

I'd get rid of my cable, but I'm bundled with phone and internet and to get rid of cable would actually cost more than what I'm paying now. It's insane.
  • festerw
    festerw Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    We do have Prime also and a Fire TV we've adapted to not having satellite and spend more time outside now..and save $60/month.
  • misskarne
    misskarne Posts: 1,767 Member
    Options

Going back the other way, why do you need to buy a "new" car that's so expensive it requires payments? You can get really good second-hand cars anywhere from $1500-$4000 if you know where to look, and sometimes real bargains for cheaper. My figures are in AUD, of course, and I know things are cheaper in the US.

I have pay TV but I watch it for ALL OF THE SPORT! and I don't have Netflix. I simply wouldn't use the Netflix enough to justify even the small price.
  • FluffySandwich
    FluffySandwich Posts: 1,293 Member
    Options
    Francl27 wrote: »
    Tubbs216 wrote: »
    LBuehrle8 wrote: »
    pofoster21 wrote: »
    LBuehrle8 wrote: »
    I can't handle glasses 24/7. I primarily wear contacts and then pop them out the minute I get home from work! B) I've been wearing contacts for 19 years so I can take them out put them in no problem.

This is me. I have worn contacts since I was like 14 or 16. They are the first thing that comes out when I get home. They don't bother me during the day, but the second I get home they MUST come out!

Haha I'm exactly that way too! During the day I don't even think about them but once home I'm not completely comfortable until I've taken my rinse off shower, put on my sweats, and taken out my contacts!
    Nobody's mentioned the need to remove their bra the minute they walk through the door, so I guess that's just me then..?

I used to... now I don't care that much anymore. I still frequently change into PJs at 5pm or something though... which has been embarrassing a couple times when people showed up unexpectedly.
    Yep. I pretty much always change into pajamas when I get home, and don't remove them at all if I'm staying in... so whenever a neighbor stops by or a postman shows up at my door to deliver something I didn't expect, it's embarrassing (I usually try and quickly change into some jeans at least). I feel so lazy :lol:

I change into PJs as soon as I get home too, and I do not get embarrassed at all....why am I gonna sit around in clothes at home??

I like the way you think. In fact, we should be able to wear PJs in public. Maximum comfort for everyone, always.
  • rachellenorafitness
    rachellenorafitness Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    It's been a couple of months since I've done this (thank goodness) but there are times when I numb out so I don't get upset, and I buy a bunch of junk food (mainly candy) and eat it all in one sitting. If I feel sick and still had some left I would throw it away but ruin it so I won't dig it out of the trash to eat more.. But often I would still dig it out of the garbage.
  • BodyByBex
    BodyByBex Posts: 3,685 Member
    Options
    Confession: I didn't take the time to catch up on the thread. I'm too far behind.

Second Confession: I am thinking about going back to school and I am doubting as to whether or not I will actually finish a degree this time.

Not really a confession: Things are going well with my boss and I, so far.
  • Susieq_1994
    Susieq_1994 Posts: 5,361 Member
    Options
    ShibaEars wrote: »
    Do any of you actually send messages to your MFP friends if they've disappeared for a period of time? There are a couple people that I like and would hate to see quit, but I'm not sure what to say and if it's weird to send them a "where are you" message.

I do, but not a PM. I usually write something like... "Hi there! Just passing by to check in... I haven't seen you around for a while, is everything alright? Hope you're doing well, have a great day. :)"
  • Susieq_1994
    Options
    MoHousdon wrote: »
    Also... This thread is pretty quiet for a Monday. It seems a lot of the regular posters aren't bothering to keep up anymore, and it's slowing down. This makes me very sad. :'(

I have been reading just not posting. Was kind of a bummer of a weekend and didn't want to drag anyone down

That stinks, but that's really what we're all here for. Hugs.

Yup, what she said. :) It's therapeutic to let it out here!
  • Susieq_1994
    Options
    Thanks @MoHousdon and @Glinda1971. Tomorrow will be better. I had a friend die of a heart attack, it was my son's weekend with his dad (that's never a good thing) and I ate way to much. On a positive note though I was down a half pound on my weigh in this morning.

I'm so sorry about your friend. But at least your son is home now (I think?), and you lost half a pound! That's awesome. :)
  • Susieq_1994
    Options
    Caitwn wrote: »
    I confess that I am unreasonably happy to have discovered that my local Target carries PB2 in not just the regular peanut butter version but the peanut butter and chocolate variety as well.

Life is good.

And Susieq, thanks for the great baking tips on chocolate chip cookies! I've saved those for future reference once I am eating at maintenance levels. I dearly love cooking and baking, but I find that for now it's best if I don't get into the whole baking thing - it just sets up dynamics that I don't care to struggle with. I most definitely allow myself the occasional treat (hello there, Talenti gelato), but for whatever reason I find fitting in an occasional serving of gelato to work out way better than actually diving into the process of baking/creating sweets or rich meals. It's like I'm somehow much more aware of stuff that I have cooked myself, and that makes it harder to manage. Weird, I know.

There is a positive side, though! I have discovered that one of the great things about being a good cook is that I have lots of little tricks and techniques to make my healthier food choices really yummy.

And I certainly do plan to enjoy those cookies in future!

You're very welcome! :) And I definitely agree about being a good cook--My husband always says I'm really, really good at making healthy food taste good AND be affordable calorie-wise. :smiley:
  • Susieq_1994
    Options
    Francl27 wrote: »
    I snacked all morning and into afternoon (1pm) with my kids. Knowing I was sabotaging myself. So now, it's 2:46pm and I am starving and have 736 calories to last me the rest of the day. smh!

Oh wow 736 calories left at 2.46pm is a good day for me LOL.

For me, too! A bad day is when I'm already 500 calories over my goal and it's 10 AM... X_X
  • Susieq_1994
    Options
    pofoster21 wrote: »
    Last night, I couldn't sleep and I was feeling pretty depressed, and I ended up writing rather than sleeping. As I mentioned before, I often use poetry to express emotions, so I wrote a new poem. I don't feel that I can share it on Wattpad; it's too personal and I also feel that it's a little too dark for the atmosphere I try to maintain there. But I figured (well, I hope anyway...) nobody would mind if I shared it here, and some might be able relate to it. :)
    Broken
    Sometimes I think my body’s like
    A hollow husk of skin
    The pieces inside like scattered shards
    Of glass; piercing me within

They’re the thoughts that ravage me
    That tear at my heart, my soul
    Until I feel there’s nothing left
    But bloody, ragged holes

They’re the emotions; the ones that choke
    Like a damp blanket on my face
    I gasp, I panic, I try to breathe
    But all my effort goes to waste

It’s the dread that follows me
    As I go about my day
    It haunts and whispers nasty things
    And it just won’t go away

I cut my fingers as I try so hard
    To reconnect those broken shards
    With a glue of hope, of life and love
    And hope for healing with no scars

Sometimes the pain is just too much
    And I run off to hide awhile
    To cry a little, lick my wounds
    And not have to fake a smile

I take refuge in the arms of the one I love
    For him I’ll keep trying my all
    He’s always there to soothe the hurt
    And to catch me when I fall

He deserves to have the best
    So even as I sob and wish to die
    I get up and keep going through the dark
    Praying for my tears to one day dry

So back I go to try again
    Maybe today will be the day
    As long as there’s life in this broken shell
    Faith in God will lead the way
    14/06/15

This is beautiful and so sad too. I really hope one day you are able to put those pieces together.

Still waiting to catch the woman at the barn that is a counselor. She hasn't been back since her dog died. :( But her horse is still there so she will show up eventually!

I'm so glad @pofoster21 reads backwards, otherwise I would have missed this in my attempts to catch up. This is beautiful @Susieq_1994

Thank you very much! :) To both you and @pofoster21 :)
  • ccourcha
    ccourcha Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    Wife is sleeping hard. Difficult not to play with her without her knowing hahah