Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• Susieq_1994
    Susieq_1994 Posts: 5,361 Member
    Options
    Caitwn wrote: »
    MoHousdon wrote: »
    peleroja wrote: »
    I found the confession and it is actually worse than I expected, which is...quite something for these boards. Haha.

I confess I almost flagged it, but then I remembered no judgment. I'm judging anyway though because it was all kinds of disturbing. It made me uncomfortable to read it. As a matter of fact, I had to re-read because I didn't believe I read it right the first time.

I flagged it. My 'no-judgment' zone does not include that kind of thing in any way. If you guys feel I violated the spirit of this thread by flagging, then I'll step away from this thread in future, and will do so without any drama or hostility, I promise. I do understand and appreciate the environment that's been created here. But for me, 'no judgment' doesn't mean 'absolutely anything is fine'.

I have to say, I agree with you. Don't step away from the thread, we'll miss you! :o
  • LBuehrle8
    LBuehrle8 Posts: 4,044 Member
    Options
    Hey guys,
    So I posted yesterday about only have 700 Cal's left for the entire day And didn't know.how I was gonna make it...WELL I DIDNT! I totally binges last night before bed (handful of mini oreos, spiral BBQ chips and a cupcake ). I can pinpoint the reason why I was having cravings. ..(stress related ). And though I am regretting it this morning, on the other hand I am happy those cravings were giving such a short time for me to give into them (before bed) as opposed to allllll day today.
    Anyways, fresh start..I only beat myself a LITTLE.... gotta keep pushing.
    Oh and I didn't enter my cheats in my diary. *whoops*
    -mic drop-

Hey no worries- just pick up and try again today! That's what I'm doing with my cupcake binge...so worth it though :)
  • m1xm0d3
    m1xm0d3 Posts: 1,576 Member
    Options
    KylerJaye wrote: »
    Guys, I think I'm in trouble. I just made these:
    e67j0kb2qyoi.jpg
    ...And I think they're going to be lunch.

Also, for anyone who wants to see my giant <400 calorie cauliflower rice, here's a picture of one serving next to a jumbo-sized sandwich, for comparison purposes:
    8ws55a2iirls.jpg

Editing to add.. Maybe excuse the messy table in the background. Please? Thank you. ;)

can you PLEASE share your cookie recipe? every time i try to make them, they end up paper thin with the chips just sticking up. it's depressing...

The secret behind fat cookies is the creaming part. Most people (including me, until I learned better) cream the heck out of the butter and sugars with a stand mixer or whisk, incorporating so much air that the cookies end up collapsing on themselves. I no longer use a whisk--I basically smash the butter and sugars together using a spoon, and ALWAYS err on the side of less beating when you can. You'll get awesome cookies every time. Here's my recipe, though:

155g all purpose flour
    2.5g (0.5 tsp) baking soda
    Sprinkle of salt (around 2g)
    100g butter, softened to room temperature (I always use slightly salted, even in recipes that contain salt. I love the flavor depth that the salt brings out.)
    82g brown sugar (I use the dark one, again for extra flavor)
    5mL (1 tsp) vanilla flavoring
    25g granulated white sugar
    1 large egg (~55g)
    150g semi sweet or milk chocolate chips (I tend to use a mix of both)

1) Combine flour, baking soda, and salt in a bowl. Mix together and set aside.
    2) Smash the butter into the sugars with a metal spoon. Mix only until combined.
    3) Add the vanilla and the egg. If needed, use a whisk to mix in the egg, but mix as little as needed to combine--be very careful at this point to not overmix and incorporate much air into the dough.
    4) Dump in the flour mixture and the chocolate chips, all at once. Stir slowly with a spoon until everything comes together. The dough will be dense and thick.
    5) Drop in round balls (around 32g each) onto a cookie sheet covered in baking paper/parchment paper. Chill the cookie sheet in the fridge for 20-30 minutes, then place in a 350 degree (Fahrenheit) oven for 11-12 minutes.

This recipe makes 16 generously sized cookies at 160ish calories each. :)

Gosh, I actually just typed all that out on my phone. How exhausting. If MFP eats this post, I'm going to just die!

sorry, i'm 30 pages behind, but thank you!! :)

I have to admit, I don't like fluffy cookies (unless they're Lofthouse), sorry @Susieq_1994 . I prefer my cookies to be somewhat flat and crispy on the edges, but still gooey in the middle and my husband makes them JUST RIGHT!!! They look almost identical to this one. And now, I'm craving his homemade chocolate chip cookies. :(

o0lbdg1adc4r.jpg

Or Whole Foods where I can not only get cookies, but look for Halo Top ice cream too. :neutral:

IMO the trick is to take them out early while they still look like they need to cook a bit more. I think I am going by Kroger today for my virgin halo top experience later tonight. I hope the lemon is good cuz I have high hopes.
  • Susieq_1994
    Susieq_1994 Posts: 5,361 Member
    Options
    Guys, I think I'm in trouble. I just made these:
    e67j0kb2qyoi.jpg
    ...And I think they're going to be lunch.

Also, for anyone who wants to see my giant <400 calorie cauliflower rice, here's a picture of one serving next to a jumbo-sized sandwich, for comparison purposes:
    8ws55a2iirls.jpg

Editing to add.. Maybe excuse the messy table in the background. Please? Thank you. ;)

can you PLEASE share your cookie recipe? every time i try to make them, they end up paper thin with the chips just sticking up. it's depressing...

The secret behind fat cookies is the creaming part. Most people (including me, until I learned better) cream the heck out of the butter and sugars with a stand mixer or whisk, incorporating so much air that the cookies end up collapsing on themselves. I no longer use a whisk--I basically smash the butter and sugars together using a spoon, and ALWAYS err on the side of less beating when you can. You'll get awesome cookies every time. Here's my recipe, though:

155g all purpose flour
    2.5g (0.5 tsp) baking soda
    Sprinkle of salt (around 2g)
    100g butter, softened to room temperature (I always use slightly salted, even in recipes that contain salt. I love the flavor depth that the salt brings out.)
    82g brown sugar (I use the dark one, again for extra flavor)
    5mL (1 tsp) vanilla flavoring
    25g granulated white sugar
    1 large egg (~55g)
    150g semi sweet or milk chocolate chips (I tend to use a mix of both)

1) Combine flour, baking soda, and salt in a bowl. Mix together and set aside.
    2) Smash the butter into the sugars with a metal spoon. Mix only until combined.
    3) Add the vanilla and the egg. If needed, use a whisk to mix in the egg, but mix as little as needed to combine--be very careful at this point to not overmix and incorporate much air into the dough.
    4) Dump in the flour mixture and the chocolate chips, all at once. Stir slowly with a spoon until everything comes together. The dough will be dense and thick.
    5) Drop in round balls (around 32g each) onto a cookie sheet covered in baking paper/parchment paper. Chill the cookie sheet in the fridge for 20-30 minutes, then place in a 350 degree (Fahrenheit) oven for 11-12 minutes.

This recipe makes 16 generously sized cookies at 160ish calories each. :)

Gosh, I actually just typed all that out on my phone. How exhausting. If MFP eats this post, I'm going to just die!

sorry, i'm 30 pages behind, but thank you!! :)

I have to admit, I don't like fluffy cookies (unless they're Lofthouse), sorry @Susieq_1994 . I prefer my cookies to be somewhat flat and crispy on the edges, but still gooey in the middle and my husband makes them JUST RIGHT!!! They look almost identical to this one. And now, I'm craving his homemade chocolate chip cookies. :(

o0lbdg1adc4r.jpg

Or Whole Foods where I can not only get cookies, but look for Halo Top ice cream too. :neutral:

I've made cookies like that before, but only by accident! I called them (don't judge me, PLEASE?) cancer cookies, because the chocolate chips were poking like little mountains out of the top like I imagine tumors would look.
  • tulips_and_tea
    tulips_and_tea Posts: 5,710 Member
    Options
    m1xm0d3 wrote: »
    I ate a little bit of Half Baked last night but gave the rest to my daughter so I could justify buying another pint the next time I'm at the grocery store.

I wish some of my MFP's lived closer so I'd have workout buddies. Or I wish my husband would want to go with me, but by the time he gets home from being on his feet for 9+ hours, working out is the last thing he wants to do. I asked him if he wanted to work out with me while we're on vacation, he said he DOES plan on working out. Wink, wink, nudge, nudge.

Hey I've been skipping the catch-up but was curious how the step-daughter talk went? or IF it went?

I appreciate you asking. No talk yet. As a matter of fact, haven't seen or heard from her since last Monday. My husband texted her last Friday but she's not responded yet. Her cat is tearing up my carpet in the guestroom and she's starting pooping outside her litter box. Enough is enough already. I want to let him handle this and not step on his toes or anything, but honestly, I'm pretty fed up and I texted him earlier that if he doesn't message her today, I will.

Edited to add. it's hard to talk to someone who won't return messages or never comes around.

This makes me sad because it means the cat is unhappy and/or in distress. Not your fault, of course! I mean the cat is being neglected by her.
  • LBuehrle8
    Options
    I ate a little bit of Half Baked last night but gave the rest to my daughter so I could justify buying another pint the next time I'm at the grocery store.

I wish some of my MFP's lived closer so I'd have workout buddies. Or I wish my husband would want to go with me, but by the time he gets home from being on his feet for 9+ hours, working out is the last thing he wants to do. I asked him if he wanted to work out with me while we're on vacation, he said he DOES plan on working out. Wink, wink, nudge, nudge.

I agree :) It'd be so neat to meet all y'all in person!
  • xLoveLikeWinterx
    xLoveLikeWinterx Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    m1xm0d3 wrote: »
    And dang it, someone PM me the disturbing confession. I MUST know so I can be bothered by it as well.

Sent. :)

Ok I'm caving. Me too, please? I read through a bunch of pages and still can't find it :(
  • Terpnista84
    Terpnista84 Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    I drink alcohol instead of eating dinner as long as I stay within my calorie goal.
  • LBuehrle8
    Options
    CONFESSION: I have pretty much only worn wifebeaters outside of work since the weather has warmed up. I say its because its been getting hot, but really its more because my upper body is starting to look awesome after 4 months of lifting.

Haha nothing wrong with that! That's great!
  • Kalici
    Kalici Posts: 685 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    Tubbs216 wrote: »
    Kalici wrote: »
    april10472 wrote: »
    Sometimes when I'm really hungry and I'm with other people I stop listening to them talk and fantasize about my next meal

Is this fantasizing where you're imagining the steak and potatoes you'll have later or are you looking at the other person and thinking, "Your lips would be wonderful in a soup"? ;)
    ... with some fava beans and a nice Chianti?

But of course! It wouldn't be dinner without it. Also, it'll help you hit those macros. ;)
  • tulips_and_tea
    Options
    festerw wrote: »
    BZAH10 wrote: »
    We're going on year 3 without satellite. Netflix works well if you aren't dead set on needing to see the latest seasons of network shows. We're also too far out to get broadband so we're limited in what is feasible running through our phones. Luckily we're grandfathered on Verizon's unlimited data or we'd be in trouble since we average about 100GB per month.

But what about sports? My problem with getting rid of cable is losing live college football, NFL, NASCAR, NBA, etc. Is there a way to watch live games other than cable?

I watch college football with an antenna and that's only a few times a year since we don't follow any other sports.

Thanks. Not sure if that would work for me because college football is my absolute favorite sport and I watch multiple games all day on Saturdays during the season. Then of course College Football Game Day on ESPN. Damn ESPN for being so expensive and requiring me to pay for cable!
  • tulips_and_tea
    Options
    We're going on year 3 without satellite. Netflix works well if you aren't dead set on needing to see the latest seasons of network shows. We're also too far out to get broadband so we're limited in what is feasible running through our phones. Luckily we're grandfathered on Verizon's unlimited data or we'd be in trouble since we average about 100GB per month.

But what about sports? My problem with getting rid of cable is losing live college football, NFL, NASCAR, NBA, etc. Is there a way to watch live games other than cable?

*whispers* Online streaming. I do believe it's illegal, though. Most of the sites that have it tend to get the links shut down every so often, then they post new ones, and so on.

I don't actually use it, I just know someone who does. o:) I'm not much of a sports fan.

Thank you. That's what I was thinking as well. I don't think I could do this because if I'm in the middle of a game and lose reception I will be irate!
  • Kalici
    Kalici Posts: 685 Member
    Options
    bkhamill wrote: »
    Tubbs216 wrote: »
    On Friday, my 13-year-old daughter told me that she's been depressed for over a year and wanted to go see a therapist. This was after a major meltdown over what should have been a minor incident. We'd noticed she's been withdrawn and has been spending a lot of time in her room, but thought it was just typical teenage moodiness. I'll be calling the dr. first thing tomorrow, but have also been doing some research and trying to find things to do on our end. This isn't something I've ever dealt with before. One of the things that was recommended was getting her out of her isolation, as well as exercise. I brought her with me to work today (I work at a university library). She's currently out collecting books (she loves to read) and hitting the Cyber Cafe. She seems very happy today. I also spoke to her about joining a gym together, at least for the summer, and she was very receptive to the idea. So, we'll be going to the YMCA tomorrow to check it out. I'm a little scared to join a gym, as I don't like working out in front of people. But, I'm willing to do it for her. She's excited that they might have a pool. I told her there's no way I'm wearing a bathing suit in public, but she's welcome to swim without me. Anyway, this isn't really a confession, but I needed to get this off my chest. Thanks for listening.
    Oh, sending positive vibes your way - it's so hard to see a child so young struggling with mental health issues. Sorry you're both dealing with this, but I commend you for doing practical real things that can help. Maybe also look at some vitamin supplements?

My daughter just finished her second year of university and is now taking a year off due to depression and anxiety. This has been a very hard year for her, and stressful and worrying for us. Now that she's home, our family doctor believe her problems may be in a big part due to anemia caused by very heavy periods, so she's tackling the anemia before looking at anti-depressants etc. Maybe it might be a good idea to ask for a blood test to rule out any physical causes also?

Still way behind, but I had extreme anemia issues due to heavy periods and I got the Mirena (IUD) and it stopped the bleeding and cured my anemia problems. Worth looking into for sure.

Mirena is my best friend ever. I love not having my period.
  • tulips_and_tea
    Options
    I drink alcohol instead of eating dinner as long as I stay within my calorie goal.

I'm guilty of this on occasion. I eat my main meal at lunch to fuel my late afternoon workouts. After that I'm not very hungry anyway.
  • MrFitness225
    MrFitness225 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    My pics are really recent pics of me, I don't lie about what I log, I weight myself at the same time on the same day each week, I'm pretty healthy and fit.....oh wait, these are supposed to be confessions.
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    CONFESSION: I have pretty much only worn wifebeaters outside of work since the weather has warmed up. I say its because its been getting hot, but really its more because my upper body is starting to look awesome after 4 months of lifting.

I love this...
  • peleroja
    peleroja Posts: 3,979 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options

*whispers* Online streaming. I do believe it's illegal, though. Most of the sites that have it tend to get the links shut down every so often, then they post new ones, and so on.

I don't actually use it, I just know someone who does. o:) I'm not much of a sports fan.

Thank you. That's what I was thinking as well. I don't think I could do this because if I'm in the middle of a game and lose reception I will be irate!

That's why we spend $$$ on cable - the men of my house are completely unable to accept the possibility of lag/buffer/freezing/etc., were we to watch sports online rather than via the three hundred sports channels they pay for (and I feel like that's only a small exaggeration, haha.)

Still, whatever. It keeps them happy, and if all it takes is a $120/month cable and internet package for them to be able to watch every single hockey game ever, then fine. It gives me an endless stream of cooking shows and baby animal documentaries, too, lol.
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    Caitwn wrote: »
    My student loan payment just bumped up almost $200. Crap! I wasn't ready for that... :s

Per MONTH?! Ouch. Do you still have a large balance? Any option of a loan-forgiveness program?

Oh yeah, the balance is pretty impressive and we make too much for any type of loan forgiveness. Gonna have to suck it up and pay it off. :s

Be 100% sure that there aren't full or partial forgiveness programs you qualify for. Not all of them are income-based. Some offer loan forgiveness based on the kind of work you do (public health is one example), and include stipulations like paying on time for up to ten years, but when you're looking at a big student loan burden, it's still more than worth it to file for the forgiveness program.

Yeah, I actually work in a field that will forgive after 10 years...but in 10 years, the loan will be paid off.
  • riderfangal
    riderfangal Posts: 1,965 Member
    Options
    peleroja wrote: »

That's why we spend $$$ on cable - the men of my house are completely unable to accept the possibility of lag/buffer/freezing/etc., were we to watch sports online rather than via the three hundred sports channels they pay for (and I feel like that's only a small exaggeration, haha.)

Still, whatever. It keeps them happy, and if all it takes is a $120/month cable and internet package for them to be able to watch every single hockey game ever, then fine. It gives me an endless stream of cooking shows and baby animal documentaries, too, lol.

That is why I keep my satellite as well. The thought of the lags and freezes during my football would not be a happy thing for me