Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• Oberon21
    Oberon21 Posts: 13,235 Member
    Options
    BZAH10 wrote: »
    nonoelmo wrote: »
    Francl27 wrote: »
    kelly_c_77 wrote: »
    levan11 wrote: »
    I'm a bit behind but had to chime in on the road rage thing. Apparently it's no joke these days. Last year there was an incident where a father and son were being tailgated by someone for quite awhile so they pulled into the parking lot of my gym (not necessarily for any type of confrontation I don't think, just to let the guy pass), but the guy followed them into the parking lot and SHOT them. The son actually died. Way too many crazies these days.

That is absolutely awful! I've gotten angry at other drivers on more than one occasion...but I can't imagine someone being so angry that they feel the need to shoot/kill someone!
    I mentioned before how much I love hot sauce... I bought a bottle of Frank's last week and already it's almost gone. Frank's hot sauce isn't very spicy at all (I could probaby drink the whole bottle and not get much of a burn) but it's DELICIOUS to me. It just tastes so good. I've been pouring it onto a spoon and eating it on its own :neutral:

I told my mom that I had bought some and she said ''Awww man, we brought you up two bottles!'' So now I have a lot of Frank's... it'll be gone soon enough :lol:

I love hot sauce too! I use apple cider vinegar, hot sauce, and Mrs. Dash Garlic and Herb spice as my salad dressing every day. And hot sauce goes on pretty much everything else too! I use a bottle of it every week...just for myself.
    I've been doing pretty much the same thing- yesterday I ate a big bowl of spinach and cucumbers with hot sauce, rice wine vinegar, and some spices that I randomly threw in. The good thing about that meal/snack is that it was virtually no calories at all, and I find it so delicious.

Yes, same! I pair my salad with that "dressing", an egg white/cheese pita sandwich, and raw veggies dipped in spicy mustard for my lunch every day and it's 190-220 calories (depending on which/how much veggies I have) and keeps me full!!! Love it.

I would probably get eaten for ever daring to promote a cauliflower substitution for ANYTHING in the main forums, but what's probably my most favorite meal on the planet right now is mixed fried cauliflower "rice". It's the only thing I've ever tasted in which cauliflower actually tastes like/has the texture of the real thing, and I can eat a bowl the size of my head for less than 400 calories. I'm seriously in love with it. It is SO GOOD. *drool*

Yeah... I made some. Ate the whole thing (seriously, a whole cauliflower plus all the toppings etc). I managed to make myself sick of it after one attempt. Go me.

Still love cauliflower but nope that way anymore LOL.

Trying to catch up... you all have been busy. I went to see Jurassic World instead of working out. Then got home, made myself a huge salad... and had 3 cookies and 2 squares of chocolate. Should still be within my calories though (there's a school party with food trucks tonight but I'm having dinner before going, I don't need a 1200 calories meal).

I have made a curry cauliflower dish for years but I have not made it for while. I'm going to have to fix that problem soon.

Recipe? Pretty please?

Has anyone else been getting randomly added by people you've never interacted with in the forums or anywhere? I find it annoying, especially because my profile is designed to avert friend-collecting friend requests. They don't even bother to leave a message with the request, which means they probably didn't even read my profile... So why add me at all? :-/

Yes. I have nothing other than my age, that I'm female and a quote on my profile. I don't log food and I don't interact with too many people other than this thread. It's weird that it's happening to a lot of us though, isn't it?

I think the only thing on mine is my age and where I live. I never filled anything out. I never send friend requests. I don't want to get rejected.
  • Toria718
    Toria718 Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    xMrBunglex wrote: »
    festerw wrote: »
    Ryudori wrote: »
    Confession: I'm terribly immature and I giggle every time I see someone post a topic like "Tips for eating out."

I had to sit through safety training a couple months ago and the instructor kept saying "the erection of scaffolding" or "erecting scaffolding" and I giggled every time.

I'm still WAYYYY behind...but we have a client that operates cranes named "Gibbons Erection" ...

...and every time they pop up on my caller ID I picture a horny monkey abusing himself on the other end of the line.

one of my friends works for a waste disposal company and one of the shirts the company has says something along the lines of "home of the hookers" referring to the trucks with hooks to pull on containers. I giggle every time i see it lol.
  • Oberon21
    Options
    So I'm going to sound like a crazy person, but diatomaceous earth works awesome at getting rid of ants (or any sort of exoskeleton insect). It's basically tiny glass shards that gets under their little exoskeletons and kills them. You can get it at any garden center/Home Depot sort of place.
    I like it better than the poison because I don't worry about it getting on me (don't inhale it though, or let your pets inhale it - glass shards in lungs is not good). Last year and this year I had ant problems, put a line of it where it looked like their home was (so they walk through it and take the little shards down into the nest to kill everyone off) and they were gone in a day. I then wash away the powder so I don't have to worry about my dog deciding to sniff it.

This is the best stuff! It is actually not harmful to dogs or people. Only insects or germs? Parasites? I use it on my horses feet to ward off thrush and people feed it to horses. I highly recommend it.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options
    I have two updates!

1) My Wegmans does carry the Halo Top Vanilla, Chocolate, and Lemon Cake. They were ALL sold out (they only got a very small amount in) so I shall have to check back.

2) I PASSED MY EXAM!!!!!!!!!! B)

Congrats!!!

Yeah mine only had vanilla left and not that many of them. Need someone else to try it so I don't feel crazy, people are laughing at me for saying that I like it in the ice cream group!
    bkhamill wrote: »
    Update on the biopsy, they got the results really fast... and there is no cancer - no concerns! WooHoo! Now time for my weekend to begin.

Awesome! Enjoy your week end!

Confession - proud of myself for sticking to my deficit 5 days in a row. Tonight was the kids' school party and there were food trucks and I didn't even eat anything... while everyone else had pizza and water ice. I had dinner before we went like a good dieting person (and it was delicious, so there).

Still want to punch people who say that I'm using PMS as an excuse to eat more in the face though... because it's funny how I always get so hungry the 10 days before my period every single month, while it's so easy to resist temptation the rest of the time. Sadly it means I probably only have two more weeks tops before it starts again... it might happen during my vacation though and that would really suck, because it's going to be hard to just fill up on veggies then. Really dreading it.

Last confession - husband wants me to start reading with the kids at bedtime with him. I said no. Yes, #momoftheyear again, but frankly, by the time they go to bed I am SO DONE and I'm just going to lose it if I have to do that on top of the rest... Nope, nope, nope. His job. Besides, they're 7, and I really hope they start reading on their own soon.
  • clover157
    clover157 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    clover157 wrote: »
    Wooow... 2000 new comments when I finally get a chance to have a looksie!! Wish I could binge read them all!!
    I confess, I feel like an idiot. I started the C25K last week and made it through the first week easily, pushed myself too hard even when it hurt and now my knees are so freaking sore I haven't run in 5 days. I've been a bit emotional lately, I even cried that I can't run yet today.
    On the plus side, I've found a super delicious vanilla mug cake recipe :D Cake makes everything better, right?

Would you mind sharing the recipe??
    Soooo tasty. Probably a dangerous recipe to discover, you've been warned ;)
    http://www.tablefortwoblog.com/the-moistest-very-vanilla-mug-cake/
  • Oberon21
    Options
    Confession: All of these Father's Day advertisements just depress me because I had a really rough patch with my dad this year, he really stressed me out while I was in the hospital and the time I was stuck at home, and still hold negative feelings towards him.

They depress me because I lost my father 25 years ago and I wish I could buy him a Father's Day gift.
  • Oberon21
    Options
    Confession: There used to be the an older man who would jog by early in the morning when the sprinklers were on at my apartments and shout - "water wasters! you're wasting water" - every other day or so. He stopped doing it and I havent seen him for a while. My neighbors seem glad, but I thought it was funny and I kind of miss him.

I wonder what he would've yelled had he been jogging past dead, unwatered lawns instead?

I'm wondering why he isn't still jogging by? Is he dead?
  • Susieq_1994
    Susieq_1994 Posts: 5,361 Member
    Options
    KylerJaye wrote: »
    Guys, I think I'm in trouble. I just made these:
    e67j0kb2qyoi.jpg
    ...And I think they're going to be lunch.

Also, for anyone who wants to see my giant <400 calorie cauliflower rice, here's a picture of one serving next to a jumbo-sized sandwich, for comparison purposes:
    8ws55a2iirls.jpg

Editing to add.. Maybe excuse the messy table in the background. Please? Thank you. ;)

can you PLEASE share your cookie recipe? every time i try to make them, they end up paper thin with the chips just sticking up. it's depressing...

The secret behind fat cookies is the creaming part. Most people (including me, until I learned better) cream the heck out of the butter and sugars with a stand mixer or whisk, incorporating so much air that the cookies end up collapsing on themselves. I no longer use a whisk--I basically smash the butter and sugars together using a spoon, and ALWAYS err on the side of less beating when you can. You'll get awesome cookies every time. Here's my recipe, though:

155g all purpose flour
    2.5g (0.5 tsp) baking soda
    Sprinkle of salt (around 2g)
    100g butter, softened to room temperature (I always use slightly salted, even in recipes that contain salt. I love the flavor depth that the salt brings out.)
    82g brown sugar (I use the dark one, again for extra flavor)
    5mL (1 tsp) vanilla flavoring
    25g granulated white sugar
    1 large egg (~55g)
    150g semi sweet or milk chocolate chips (I tend to use a mix of both)

1) Combine flour, baking soda, and salt in a bowl. Mix together and set aside.
    2) Smash the butter into the sugars with a metal spoon. Mix only until combined.
    3) Add the vanilla and the egg. If needed, use a whisk to mix in the egg, but mix as little as needed to combine--be very careful at this point to not overmix and incorporate much air into the dough.
    4) Dump in the flour mixture and the chocolate chips, all at once. Stir slowly with a spoon until everything comes together. The dough will be dense and thick.
    5) Drop in round balls (around 32g each) onto a cookie sheet covered in baking paper/parchment paper. Chill the cookie sheet in the fridge for 20-30 minutes, then place in a 350 degree (Fahrenheit) oven for 11-12 minutes.

This recipe makes 16 generously sized cookies at 160ish calories each. :)

Gosh, I actually just typed all that out on my phone. How exhausting. If MFP eats this post, I'm going to just die!
  • nonoelmo
    nonoelmo Posts: 3,941 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    gl0pjp2t0ex8.jpg
    I'm learning. I was trying to post dog pictures but I'll post one of my hair. I think I officially have waist length hair finally. I change the length and style quite a bit but I've been enjoying it long so I let it grow. I've never been this long or even close before. Now I'm going in for a trim next week as it has been six months since the last time I had it trimmed. I didn't think it could get this long but it did! I had it in a very short bob in 2011. Edit to add, I didn't have or could not access dog pictures here on this ipad.

confession. I'm ridiculously pleased with myself over my hair growing. I But I have little control over my nails. Brittle and dry and break easily so I have to wear them short.

I guess I could add something weight related. I have maintained a 50+ pound weight loss for more than 12 years.
  • nonoelmo
    edited June 2015
    Options
    n8rd8wehx63p.jpg
    Ijkcw2wr5gonn.jpg
    tbpnp5giq0e2.jpg
    ok Whahooo I did it. It took both an iphone and an ipad to get it to work but it seems like it worked. I am still inept with this but I can learn. Yay!

So the black poodle is 10.5 years and named Sorcha.
    The dog of unknown origin is 6 or 7 and is our squishy Bruno.

They are both super sweet people and dog friendly dogs.
  • Shandajh
    Shandajh Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    my secret is that I think I'm the only female in the world who doesn't need the "D" and who is not lesbian
  • Oberon21
    Options
    LH85DC wrote: »
    LH85DC wrote: »
    zira91 wrote: »
    funjen1972 wrote: »
    funjen1972 wrote: »
    I wear the same stinky workout clothes for several days without washing. Ewww gross, I know. Always change my socks though lol
    Questions (not judgement of course):

1) do you mean you don't change out of those workout clothes for days or are you "airing" things out like some of these other ladies?

2) For the ladies airing stuff out would it be just as easy to take those clothes in the bathroom+when you shower and leave them in a sink full of water and Woolite while you shower and the drain the sink while you dress and then hang them to dry for the same lenght of time they would have "aired out"?...without really costing you any more time if thats the issue?

3) Is it the scented trash bag, and what do you do with the yellow drawstring tie it at your waist like sweats?

4) What is the difference between, judgement, curiosity, "nosy" -ness, and concern?

I put my workout clothes on hooks in my bedroom to air them out. Hand washing & wringing seems like wayyyyy too much work lol

be careful of ringworm or tinea though.. i used to do this and got a ringworm infection (could be from the gym) of which i have to use both antifungal pills and cream for > 14 days! need to rewash all my clothes in hot water every day during that time to avoid reinfection.. sob.. too much hard works comes with that.. lessons learned though..

This is what I was thinking at the beginning of the thread when all these confessions were made- this happened to a girl in college who always re-wore workout clothes without washing. I was never one for wearing things more than once or twice anyway, but ever since then I've been paranoid about ringworm! Even when we go camping and hiking I make sure I have an extra clean sports bra and shirt (one more than the number of days we're going for), just in case.

Ok this might be a totally dumb question, but how to you catch ring worm from anything that doesn't have ring worm??

As I understand it, ringworm is a fungus that likes wet, warm places - and is frequently spread at gyms, through dirty clothes, towels, sharing combs, brushes, and via animals or the skin of infected people. And if you get the fungus on your clothes, at the gym for example, and then keep rewearing those clothes without washing them, you up your chances of actually developing an infection...

Oh, I thought ring worm was an actual kind of worm......dumb name then lol

So did I!
  • Susieq_1994
    Susieq_1994 Posts: 5,361 Member
    Options
    MoHousdon wrote: »
    Here is a picture of my lovely bruise. My leg is really swollen, it hurts constantly, and my foot keeps falling asleep. I think working out this week was not the best idea, but I'm trying to do all I can before I go on vacation and have to be seen in public in a bikini. Yellow means it's healing, right?!

yy12snvtb9io.jpg

Ouch; hopefully, it's healed before vacation.

Speaking of bruises do any of you see a bruise & touch it to see if it hurts LOL?

Well, let's just put it this way... Last night, my wisdom tooth--which is in the process of torturing me--was especially painful. I stuck my finger in my hand to poke at it, and my husband grabbed my hand away. I was like... "Hey! It hurts, so I need to poke it. I always poke at my ouchies!"

He gave me this really sarcastic look and replied... "I know. And how's that been workin' out for ya?" (I'm notorious for re-opening cuts of all sorts just because I can't seem to leave them alone--so I'm nearly always bleeding from somewhere or another)

Soooo... Of course I'd be poking it! Probably several times an hour. Just to check. ;)
  • nonoelmo
    Options
    pofoster21 wrote: »
    Confession today, no work to be done. Absolutely none. On the bright side, I'm going out to eat pizza for dinner. I blame it on the newly created pizza group.

You are slowly working your way around your body on these pics. Is your a** next? :)
    That made me laugh!
  • Oberon21
    Options
    LBuehrle8 wrote: »
    I do not play games on my phone or my computer so all this Sims talk and Hay Day and such I have no idea what's going on. Never been big on those kinds of things :/

Ditto
  • Oberon21
    Options
    Rabbit914 wrote: »
    Also my MFP was not working yesterday. I was able to read everyone's posts but couldn't quote or even reply at all. Got back on this morning and I was 15 pages behind. I'm still behind but getting there.

Confession: I miss living in Japan. The culture there is so wonderful. And the people are so much more thoughtful and lovely compared to Americans. I am an American, but other Americans disappoint me a great deal. I don't mean to offend anyone. We could learn so much from other cultures. Where we lived there was ZERO crime. You could sleep with your windows and doors wide open, leave your car unlocked. The mailman would actually come into your house and set your mail inside your house. I could go on and on, but that's just one small example.

Could not agree more.

Me too. I remember watching some docs about prisons over seas and the violence and crap from inmates was nearly non existent because they are actually treated properly. Some of the prisons had swimming pools and all kinds of crap to keep the inmates healthy. Some allow them to house with family members and friends etc. And most had menus and food of that of a five star hotel. I was amazed and thought it was brilliant.

Just wondering? Was it for all inmates or the ones who did petty crimes?

I know you like the ID channel & for all of those who watch it too they're having a special about Ted Bundy on Sunday. I will probably watch it since I have never watched anything based on him before.

http://www.nbcnews.com/id/31107096/ns/dateline_nbc-crime_reports/t/where-theres-smoke/#.VXrLAEZySig

This is one of the cases that stuck with me for a long time. It almost seemed like something out of a movie. I couldn't believe the wife wasn't arrested too.

I do believe it was all inmates.....one thing I forgot that is a big one too is that guards are expected to treat the inmates with the utmost respect....and amazingly (sarcastic), the inmates treated the guards the same way.

Treat people like animals, and they will behave as such.....

I was a corrections officer at an all male prison in Virginia for a year and a half before I moved back here to Ohio. I will say I always treated the offenders like the human beings they are and was treated a lot differently then some of the other staff who treated these men like they were dogs. I understand the majority of the men who were incarcerated and I was around all the time committed some incredibly heinous and horrible crimes but I always kept in mind that they've already been judged and now they're serving their sentence it's not my job to judge them. On the flip side I always kept in the back of my mind the horrible crimes they did commit so I didn't get too close to any of them. You'd be surprised how much manipulation can be worked and how smart a lot of those criminals really are!

I am rally surprised by this. You mentioned it once before. How did you end up in that job? I would be terrified.
  • Italian_Buju
    Italian_Buju Posts: 8,030 Member
    Options
    Okay, you guys, I have a terrible, terrible confession. It may shock some of you who have known me for a while, but I think it's time to come clean.

The fact is... I use "I Can't Believe It's Not Butter!". And I like it. *hangs head in shame*

... I actually feel the need to defend this confession. I don't think it tastes like butter! I just like the taste... I use it like it's some exotic cream cheese spread or something...

I love that stuff.....I use it on everything except for popcorn and for baking (I keep real butter for those two things).
  • Italian_Buju
    Italian_Buju Posts: 8,030 Member
    Options
    MoHousdon wrote: »
    kecmw25 wrote: »
    @nonoelmo I love your new profile pic!! Is that you hugging your dog? So sweet

Are those his little teeth like he's smiling?! I love it. Too precious.

Thank you. He has the biggest underbite so his teeth do show a lot and often. I bought him for my son and he is the perfect, mellow, loving, gentle, squishy dog!

Post a picture I want to see him!! I'm on my phone so the picture on your profile shows up small :( I love doggies!

I will work on that - have to get back to work and will have to figure out how to post a picture that is not linked somewhere already. He's a good boy.

He looks super cute~!
  • Oberon21
    Options
    ythannah wrote: »
    arv51862 wrote: »
    Wow, This is a tough one but it will feel good to get the 'secret' off my chest...
    My profile pic, It's not really me...
    Whewwww, I feel better already ! =)

Your honesty has inspired me... in the interests of full disclosure, I have to share that mine isn't me either.

I refuse to accept this.

Damn. Anonymity... out the window.

After today I have 6 days' vacation. I have to admit that I'm getting a little anxious about being offline for long periods and 90 gazillion new posts appearing on this thread.

Plus I'll miss all of you. :/

Awesome! We'll miss you too! Where are you going? Sorry, if you said and I missed it.

I only kinda mentioned vaguely that I'd be in the US again... at the end of next week we're doing a short road trip to Minneapolis.

But my SO is back now (as of this morning) so I'll have a lot less online time.

Speaking of which, I'm sitting here all butt-hurt because he didn't come and see me when he got back into town. Normally he'd stop by my work for a 5-minute visit because we've been apart for TWO FREAKIN' WEEKS but this time he didn't... said he didn't feel like dealing with road construction, wtf? I manage to drive through the same construction zone every day, sometimes twice a day, without complaining, and there IS an easy alternate route. So having a little pity party all by myself right now... and feeling stupid about letting it get to me.

I would be sad about this too. It's not a pity party. It's an emotional response to a lack of consideration.
  • nonoelmo
    Options
    I have a Playstation 2 with the first or second Sims, and I still play it sometimes. I have Sims 3 for XBox 360, but sometimes I prefer the old one with it's simplicity. :) I don't like to game on my computer because I already feel like I'm on it too much and a time suck like Sims would just really put it over the top. I'm trying to cut back. I'm sure you can tell by the various times of day I post in this thread that I'm failing so far :D

I spend more time than I think I should here... but people are so interesting and nice. I feel like I'm at a huge party/reuinion/summer camp or something. Good stuff. Supportive, Happy, Sad with compassion. Love it.