Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• ythannah
    ythannah Posts: 4,365 Member
    Options
    JPW1990 wrote: »
    ythannah wrote: »
    BZAH10 wrote: »
    arv51862 wrote: »
    Wow, This is a tough one but it will feel good to get the 'secret' off my chest...
    My profile pic, It's not really me...
    Whewwww, I feel better already ! =)

Your honesty has inspired me... in the interests of full disclosure, I have to share that mine isn't me either.

I refuse to accept this.

Damn. Anonymity... out the window.

After today I have 6 days' vacation. I have to admit that I'm getting a little anxious about being offline for long periods and 90 gazillion new posts appearing on this thread.

Plus I'll miss all of you. :/

Awesome! We'll miss you too! Where are you going? Sorry, if you said and I missed it.

I only kinda mentioned vaguely that I'd be in the US again... at the end of next week we're doing a short road trip to Minneapolis.

But my SO is back now (as of this morning) so I'll have a lot less online time.

Speaking of which, I'm sitting here all butt-hurt because he didn't come and see me when he got back into town. Normally he'd stop by my work for a 5-minute visit because we've been apart for TWO FREAKIN' WEEKS but this time he didn't... said he didn't feel like dealing with road construction, wtf? I manage to drive through the same construction zone every day, sometimes twice a day, without complaining, and there IS an easy alternate route. So having a little pity party all by myself right now... and feeling stupid about letting it get to me.

Not stupid at all. I'd feel the same way. You may ask him about it when you see him, but if it's just a one-time thing and he seems stressed about other things, then I'm sure it was just the traffic. Either way, enjoy your vacation and you will be missed!

I think I will say something... in the proper "I felt..." terminology. It's just that the construction thing sounded like a really lame excuse because it's seriously no big deal -- single lane traffic for a couple of blocks, not even any flaggers.

OTOH, clearly I'm not in a good headspace emotionally today because I just had a meltdown in the card shop trying to pick out a Father's Day card. There seems to be a surfeit of "you've always been so wonderful" "you've always been there for me" "you've always loved me" cards this year. And they just don't work for me.

Try the ones that are meant to be from little kids with printed writing instead of script. Simpler should help.

The little kid ones seemed to be all about fart jokes and BBQing and sports, none of which fit.

I usually do well at the dollar store, something with a nice majestic buck or a sailboat, and "have a wonderful day, Dad". Plain. Simple. But then I felt guilty about only spending $1 on a card, thought I'd try for a better card this year.
  • berlynnwall
    berlynnwall Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    Francl27 wrote: »
    spamarie wrote: »
    I've had to skip about 40 pages because I've had all day meetings at work for the past 2 days and just never got caught up. Sorry if I missed something momentous!

Confession: I paired my aforementioned supernoodles with fish fingers (I think they're call fish sticks in the States). Best 'placate the pregnancy hormones' dinner ever.

When I was pregnant with my oldest, I constantly craved fish and chips (fries). I think I had fish and chips at least twice a week. So good. That actually sounds good now too...

I was craving it like crazy last week and my mom's boyfriend ordered it twice. I was peeved. So I made my own... much healthier and definitely helped with the craving (just with cod, rolled in flour, egg whites, and panko crumbs, then baked, and homemade baked fries). I bet it tasted better too... but I can't remember every having GOOD fish and chips here in the US either.

I can find OK fish and chips inland, but the best f&c in my experience are on the coast, where they cook fish all day long and know what they are doing with it. I'm going to try to make it at home, that is a good idea. I tend to stick to what I know, and I've never cooked fresh fish!
  • CooCooPuff
    CooCooPuff Posts: 4,374 Member
    Options
    Confession: All of these Father's Day advertisements just depress me because I had a really rough patch with my dad this year, he really stressed me out while I was in the hospital and the time I was stuck at home, and still hold negative feelings towards him.
    I confess that I too am having a hard time with all these Father's Day advertisements. I tried to go on a bookstore's webpage the other day and was overcome with all these ''BOOKS 50% OFF FOR DAD!'' or ''DAD'S GOING TO LOVE THIS!'' etc etc, so I closed out of it. I'm sorry you went through a rough patch with your father and I hope you two can patch things up together at some point (take things at your pace).

I'm almost done with the book I am reading and am going to go downtown soon to pick up some more for my trip ;) Excited about that.

EDIT: Why am I making such ridiculous mistakes. ''I do'' instead of ''I too,'' really? :(
    Thanks.

I did see a couple of awesome FD cakes at HEB today though. :wink:

• tulips_and_tea
    tulips_and_tea Posts: 5,711 Member
    Options
    kelly_c_77 wrote: »
    annette_15 wrote: »
    TigerNY128 wrote: »
    I confess I might get a little too excited about my breakfast every morning...and it's the same thing every day. It is just so good that I can't bring myself to have anything else.
    I also confess that I don't mind listening to my son's DJ Shuffle Volume One cd when driving in the car. I actually really enjoy it and sing along to all the songs. I get sad when he wants to switch to a different cd.

What do you eat for breakfast??

454g (2 cups) of Fage 0% plain greek yogurt, 140g frozen strawberries(defrosted for about 30 seconds..so still slightly frozen, but soft), 10g(2 tbsp.) of Hersheys Special Dark Unsweetened Cocoa, and a generous amount of sweetener(I use Stevia) to taste. Mix it all up...A LOT of food, very filling, and only 330 calories.
    Sometimes if I'm out of strawberries, I'll use chopped raw apple(about 100g), OR 122g(1/2 cup) of canned pumpkin, and cinnamon in place of the cocoa. Also delicious for the same amount of calories.

Ahh, yeah that does sound really good!

I do a 90-minute work out every morning and it's all I think about...like my reward for getting up at 4:00am and busting my butt. It's like a chocolate pudding with strawberries...and so much of it! :) The other ones are good too..like apple pie and pumpkin pie flavored yogurt. Mmmm... now I'm excited for tomorrow morning.

I was on one of those kicks several years ago. But I was doing 90 min. straight cardio sessions on either the treadmill or the elliptical. It was a great stress reliever and I was so physically tired by the end of the day that I slept great! But, for me, I was concerned I was risking an over use injury and was worried that I'd become reliant on that much cardio to maintain my size, so I cut back. Now I do 30 - 40 min. cardio sessions 3 - 4 days per week and lifting is my main source of exercise. I feel better and am really happy to have so much time back in my day, but I do get a little jealous when I see others doing that much.
  • WestCoastJo82
    WestCoastJo82 Posts: 2,304 Member
    Options
    So I'm going to sound like a crazy person, but diatomaceous earth works awesome at getting rid of ants (or any sort of exoskeleton insect). It's basically tiny glass shards that gets under their little exoskeletons and kills them. You can get it at any garden center/Home Depot sort of place.
    I like it better than the poison because I don't worry about it getting on me (don't inhale it though, or let your pets inhale it - glass shards in lungs is not good). Last year and this year I had ant problems, put a line of it where it looked like their home was (so they walk through it and take the little shards down into the nest to kill everyone off) and they were gone in a day. I then wash away the powder so I don't have to worry about my dog deciding to sniff it.
  • rungirl1973
    rungirl1973 Posts: 2,559 Member
    Options
    Confession: I hate Facebook. Why does everyone feel the need to emotionally vomit everything they can possibly think of that happens in their life all over the feeds? Does nothing in life remain private anymore? :-/

Editing to add: I'm obviously not dissing this confession thread--I love this thing. I'm referring to the people who like to air all of their dirty laundry and that of their family in public for all to see. I find it extremely distasteful.

My "favorite" thing is when someone is fighting with their partner or a specific person and is posting all kinds of passive aggressive and hostile comments about it publicly instead of just messaging that person - or just talking to them in real life - because half the time they are sitting in the same house.

Exactly! I also especially hate the dramatic "fishing" ones where they say something totally vague like... "I'm so sad..." or "I can't believe this!! Ugh!!" and wait for everyone to ask what's wrong and if they're okay. -_-

Ugh, my terrible SIL is guilty of both of these. Hence, the "terrible".

I generally either ignore those, or in one case I texted my friend and asked him what was going on. Only because he and his boyfriend both posted some vague garbage like that at the same time. That was a breakup.

I'd much rather vaguebooking or attention seeking posts than the racist crap my SIL posts. I've unfollowed her.

I do not know how you cannot just rip her a new one.....I generally lose my mind if I see something racist or homophobic on facebook

I have. It's generally met with some comment about me being a "bleeding heart". OK, sure, I'll take that. Gladly. But, I'm sure the Jesus you go and worship every Sunday would be more of a "bleeding heart" than whatever it is you are.

In order to keep the peace, I've unfollowed her.
  • tulips_and_tea
    Options
    Confession: There used to be the an older man who would jog by early in the morning when the sprinklers were on at my apartments and shout - "water wasters! you're wasting water" - every other day or so. He stopped doing it and I havent seen him for a while. My neighbors seem glad, but I thought it was funny and I kind of miss him.

I wonder what he would've yelled had he been jogging past dead, unwatered lawns instead?

He probably would have nodded and thought "good". Seemed like a human Grumpy Cat. I just thought it was so funny that he yelled it at us, like we had some control over the lawn care.

Human Grumpy Cat! Hahaha! Yeah, that's what I was thinking when you mentioned it was an apartment building. He probably had something negative and grouchy he yelled at each place he jogged past.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    LBuehrle8 wrote: »
    Lefty1290 wrote: »
    I'm actually wanting to hurry up and get my workout and shower in for the day because it's going to rain from 3 PM onwards and I need to binge-watch the new season of Orange is the New Black. #priorities

I couldn't sleep last night I was so excited for it to come out!!! We all know what Laura's doing this weekend! :)

Unfortunately I don't know when I'll be watching it... My husband isn't into it so we're still watching X Files in the afternoon, and my kids only have one week of school left and most of them will be half days... so it might have to wait until September, as I don't really want to start the season and not be able to finish for months.

But to be honest, I'd rather watch X Files anyway.
  • rungirl1973
    rungirl1973 Posts: 2,559 Member
    Options
    ShibaEars wrote: »
    Confession: I hate Facebook. Why does everyone feel the need to emotionally vomit everything they can possibly think of that happens in their life all over the feeds? Does nothing in life remain private anymore? :-/

Editing to add: I'm obviously not dissing this confession thread--I love this thing. I'm referring to the people who like to air all of their dirty laundry and that of their family in public for all to see. I find it extremely distasteful.

I have a cousin who posts crap all the time. She's the attention seeker type, so she'll post something like "Worst day ever" or "I'm so done", and then people ask what's wrong and she'll reply "I don't want to talk about it". SOOOOOOO ANNOYING!

I have a couple of those people on my wall. Or they post things like ''I'm so ugly!!'' along with a dozen selfies, and then when someone says ''You're gorgeous!!'' they'll reply with something like ''Yeah right'' or ''Thanks but you don't have to lie.'' Next day, same thing.

:(

I finally had to exit a couple of groups I was in that were fitness related. Women would post pictures of themselves in bikinis or swimsuits and say, "Please, no negative comments, do you think I can pull this off in public?" or "I would never post this on my personal page" or some other such nonsense.
    Why do you need a bunch of people's opinions about whether or not you should wear something in public? If you like it, wear it. If you don't, don't. That's the only opinion that really matters here.
  • Francl27
    Options
    Guys, I think I'm in trouble. I just made these:
    (picture removed)
    ...And I think they're going to be lunch.

Even though you're younger than me- will you be my mother? I hate baking! I need someone to do it for me! :)

Consider yourself adopted, if you'll save me from myself by eating my baked goods. I LOVE to bake! But then I end up eating a little too much of what I baked... :p

YAYY!! I would like some chocolate cake with white whipped cream icing :) Haha that is why I'm glad I hate baking because if I did I wouldn't be able to stop myself from eating everything I made!

While it isn't chocolate cake, you reminded me of this dessert that I made when I visited family in March:
    fxj460qrsmyq.jpg

It's layered from bottom to top: Digestive biscuits (A bit like graham crackers), vanilla custard, Oreos, chocolate custard, repeat... And the top is real whipped cream (not the stuff in a can). ;)

Oh YUM. I did something a little bit similar with graham crackers, strawberries, and ricotta (sweetened with a bit of sugar and some vanilla extract), plus whipped cream on top... Left it overnight in the fridge and it was a delicious breakfast, actually thinking of making that again for tomorrow, but without the whipped cream as I don't have any.
  • Francl27
    Options
    Last night I discovered ants in my apartment. I swept the floors and cleaned them all and noticed that most of the ants were gone, but some still remained near the door of our apartment. My boyfriend and I finally investigated outside and saw some coming from a hole in our building, near our neighbor's door. This needs to be brought to the owner's attention, but I can't help but feel glad that it doesn't seem to be MY fault (food on the floor, etc). I was terrified to think that I caused an ant infestation :fearful:

TERRO is fantastic to get rid of ants.
  • kellienw335
    kellienw335 Posts: 1,745 Member
    Options
    Confession: There used to be the an older man who would jog by early in the morning when the sprinklers were on at my apartments and shout - "water wasters! you're wasting water" - every other day or so. He stopped doing it and I havent seen him for a while. My neighbors seem glad, but I thought it was funny and I kind of miss him.

I wonder what he would've yelled had he been jogging past dead, unwatered lawns instead?

He probably would have nodded and thought "good". Seemed like a human Grumpy Cat. I just thought it was so funny that he yelled it at us, like we had some control over the lawn care.

Human Grumpy Cat! Hahaha! Yeah, that's what I was thinking when you mentioned it was an apartment building. He probably had something negative and grouchy he yelled at each place he jogged past.

Maybe that was his motivation; he yelled at different locations to keep him running. I use music, but maybe yelling helped him! I can just imagine him smiling once he got past your building! ;)
  • riderfangal
    riderfangal Posts: 1,965 Member
    Options
    So I'm going to sound like a crazy person, but diatomaceous earth works awesome at getting rid of ants (or any sort of exoskeleton insect). It's basically tiny glass shards that gets under their little exoskeletons and kills them. You can get it at any garden center/Home Depot sort of place.
    I like it better than the poison because I don't worry about it getting on me (don't inhale it though, or let your pets inhale it - glass shards in lungs is not good). Last year and this year I had ant problems, put a line of it where it looked like their home was (so they walk through it and take the little shards down into the nest to kill everyone off) and they were gone in a day. I then wash away the powder so I don't have to worry about my dog deciding to sniff it.

I will definitely be looking for this . Thanks!!
  • Francl27
    Options
    Ok I'm caught up.

Confession - I've figured out how to stop double posts... just close the window as soon as I hit 'post reply' even if the page doesn't load.
    Second confession - all that talk of rib festival reminded me that there's another food truck festival here on the 20th... and I kinda want to go, but last time ended up badly (4000 calories badly) so I might have to skip that one.
    Third confession - I should have gone to the gym or do a workout after lunch but instead I spent 1.5 hour catching up on the forums. I was due for a rest day anyway.
  • kelly_c_77
    kelly_c_77 Posts: 5,658 Member
    Options
    I confess I might get a little too excited about my breakfast every morning...and it's the same thing every day. It is just so good that I can't bring myself to have anything else.
    I also confess that I don't mind listening to my son's DJ Shuffle Volume One cd when driving in the car. I actually really enjoy it and sing along to all the songs. I get sad when he wants to switch to a different cd.

454g (2 cups) of Fage 0% plain greek yogurt, 140g frozen strawberries(defrosted for about 30 seconds..so still slightly frozen, but soft), 10g(2 tbsp.) of Hersheys Special Dark Unsweetened Cocoa, and a generous amount of sweetener(I use Stevia) to taste. Mix it all up...A LOT of food, very filling, and only 330 calories.
    Sometimes if I'm out of strawberries, I'll use chopped raw apple(about 100g), OR 122g(1/2 cup) of canned pumpkin, and cinnamon in place of the cocoa. Also delicious for the same amount of calories.

I do a 90-minute work out every morning and it's all I think about...like my reward for getting up at 4:00am and busting my butt. It's like a chocolate pudding with strawberries...and so much of it! :) The other ones are good too..like apple pie and pumpkin pie flavored yogurt. Mmmm... now I'm excited for tomorrow morning.

I was on one of those kicks several years ago. But I was doing 90 min. straight cardio sessions on either the treadmill or the elliptical. It was a great stress reliever and I was so physically tired by the end of the day that I slept great! But, for me, I was concerned I was risking an over use injury and was worried that I'd become reliant on that much cardio to maintain my size, so I cut back. Now I do 30 - 40 min. cardio sessions 3 - 4 days per week and lifting is my main source of exercise. I feel better and am really happy to have so much time back in my day, but I do get a little jealous when I see others doing that much.

I'm very shy and would never go to a gym or run outside where people can see me. I also have to work out early in the morning before my son gets up...because my husband is getting ready/going to work. Anyway so yeah, I have to work out at home and always did the treadmill. I never minded it and, as you said, it was a great stress reliever. However, I've now started doing 30 minutes of circuit training(video) and then the remaining time on the treadmill. We have an elliptical too but I almost never use it.
    As you mentioned, I do rely on it to maintain my size. I admit that I do cardio/treadmill so much because of all of the stress/emotional eating I've done over the past year and it's the only way I know I can keep myself from gaining a bunch of weight.
    Every day when I wake up, I have no clue if I'll end up giving in to a binge and killing my calorie goal by 2000-3000. I am jealous that you slept good though...that's something that I struggle with...which also doesn't help when trying to not gain or give into binges.
  • tulips_and_tea
    Options

Maybe that was his motivation; he yelled at different locations to keep him running. I use music, but maybe yelling helped him! I can just imagine him smiling once he got past your building! ;)

That's probably true. I would've liked to have yelled back, "You'll have to yell louder! The owner of the building doesn't live here!".
  • tulips_and_tea
    Options

I'm very shy and would never go to a gym or run outside where people can see me. I also have to work out early in the morning before my son gets up...because my husband is getting ready/going to work. Anyway so yeah, I have to work out at home and always did the treadmill. I never minded it and, as you said, it was a great stress reliever. However, I've now started doing 30 minutes of circuit training(video) and then the remaining time on the treadmill. We have an elliptical too but I almost never use it.
    As you mentioned, I do rely on it to maintain my size. I admit that I do cardio/treadmill so much because of all of the stress/emotional eating I've done over the past year and it's the only way I know I can keep myself from gaining a bunch of weight.
    Every day when I wake up, I have no clue if I'll end up giving in to a binge and killing my calorie goal by 2000-3000. I am jealous that you slept good though...that's something that I struggle with...which also doesn't help when trying to not gain or give into binges.

Good idea to add in circuit training. But from your picture you clearly have nothing to hide by going to a gym or being seen in public! I used to be that way, though, so I understand. Now? Don't care. I work out in the weight room along with all the young men (I go to the gym early to late afternoon and it seems to be all youngsters) and don't care at all. I just do my thing.
  • nonoelmo
    nonoelmo Posts: 3,941 Member
    Options
    Francl27 wrote: »
    levan11 wrote: »
    I'm a bit behind but had to chime in on the road rage thing. Apparently it's no joke these days. Last year there was an incident where a father and son were being tailgated by someone for quite awhile so they pulled into the parking lot of my gym (not necessarily for any type of confrontation I don't think, just to let the guy pass), but the guy followed them into the parking lot and SHOT them. The son actually died. Way too many crazies these days.

That is absolutely awful! I've gotten angry at other drivers on more than one occasion...but I can't imagine someone being so angry that they feel the need to shoot/kill someone!
    I mentioned before how much I love hot sauce... I bought a bottle of Frank's last week and already it's almost gone. Frank's hot sauce isn't very spicy at all (I could probaby drink the whole bottle and not get much of a burn) but it's DELICIOUS to me. It just tastes so good. I've been pouring it onto a spoon and eating it on its own :neutral:

I told my mom that I had bought some and she said ''Awww man, we brought you up two bottles!'' So now I have a lot of Frank's... it'll be gone soon enough :lol:

I love hot sauce too! I use apple cider vinegar, hot sauce, and Mrs. Dash Garlic and Herb spice as my salad dressing every day. And hot sauce goes on pretty much everything else too! I use a bottle of it every week...just for myself.
    I've been doing pretty much the same thing- yesterday I ate a big bowl of spinach and cucumbers with hot sauce, rice wine vinegar, and some spices that I randomly threw in. The good thing about that meal/snack is that it was virtually no calories at all, and I find it so delicious.

Yes, same! I pair my salad with that "dressing", an egg white/cheese pita sandwich, and raw veggies dipped in spicy mustard for my lunch every day and it's 190-220 calories (depending on which/how much veggies I have) and keeps me full!!! Love it.

I would probably get eaten for ever daring to promote a cauliflower substitution for ANYTHING in the main forums, but what's probably my most favorite meal on the planet right now is mixed fried cauliflower "rice". It's the only thing I've ever tasted in which cauliflower actually tastes like/has the texture of the real thing, and I can eat a bowl the size of my head for less than 400 calories. I'm seriously in love with it. It is SO GOOD. *drool*

Yeah... I made some. Ate the whole thing (seriously, a whole cauliflower plus all the toppings etc). I managed to make myself sick of it after one attempt. Go me.

Still love cauliflower but nope that way anymore LOL.

Trying to catch up... you all have been busy. I went to see Jurassic World instead of working out. Then got home, made myself a huge salad... and had 3 cookies and 2 squares of chocolate. Should still be within my calories though (there's a school party with food trucks tonight but I'm having dinner before going, I don't need a 1200 calories meal).

I have made a curry cauliflower dish for years but I have not made it for while. I'm going to have to fix that problem soon.
  • bkhamill
    bkhamill Posts: 1,289 Member
    Options
    @ythannah Have a great vacation!
  • kecmw25
    kecmw25 Posts: 2,743 Member
    Options
    @nonoelmo I love your new profile pic!! Is that you hugging your dog? So sweet