Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• m1xm0d3
    m1xm0d3 Posts: 1,576 Member
    Options
    And dang it, someone PM me the disturbing confession. I MUST know so I can be bothered by it as well.
  • TheBigFb
    TheBigFb Posts: 649 Member
    Options
    I have never had a POP TART.
  • festerw
    festerw Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    BZAH10 wrote: »
    festerw wrote: »
    We're going on year 3 without satellite. Netflix works well if you aren't dead set on needing to see the latest seasons of network shows. We're also too far out to get broadband so we're limited in what is feasible running through our phones. Luckily we're grandfathered on Verizon's unlimited data or we'd be in trouble since we average about 100GB per month.

But what about sports? My problem with getting rid of cable is losing live college football, NFL, NASCAR, NBA, etc. Is there a way to watch live games other than cable?

I watch college football with an antenna and that's only a few times a year since we don't follow any other sports.
  • CountessKitteh
    CountessKitteh Posts: 1,505 Member
    Options
    m1xm0d3 wrote: »
    And dang it, someone PM me the disturbing confession. I MUST know so I can be bothered by it as well.

Sent. :)
  • riderfangal
    riderfangal Posts: 1,965 Member
    Options
    xMrBunglex wrote: »
    All these TV confessions are making me fess up: My wife & I love Big Brother.

We love to hate the hateable ones, root for the underdogs, love the cheesy challenges & also love it when they are clueless that they are broadcast 24/7 and just spout the most ignorant crap. Young fools thinking they know everything & getting a harsh dose of reality once they leave the house. So crunchy.

We call it our "Vapid Summer Fluff" ... ha ha

Me too! I've only admitted it to two friends and never talk about it at work. It's like my dirty little secret! I've been watching for years.

Edited because quotes are hard.

Count me in on this. Love Big Brother, Haven't missed a season!
  • FluffySandwich
    FluffySandwich Posts: 1,293 Member
    Options
    bkhamill wrote: »
    I'm compiling a list of what to bring to my two-week Dominican Republic trip. I'm thinking a few dresses, shorts, tank tops (or t-shirts), bug spray, sunscreen, aloe vera, pepto bismol, band-aids, flip flops, hats, hand sanitizer, and dressier sandals for resort restaurants.

Does anyone have any tips or recommend something I might have missed? I have zero experience with resorts.

EDIT: Oh, and probably at least three bathing suits.

Most resorts are pretty casual, I usually do sundresses for dinner and short most of the other time. I think you are totally on the right track. (sorry, I am 20 pages behind, you probably already got this advice)
    Thanks! One thing I'm worrying about is being turned away at the a la carte restaurants for wearing open-toed shoes (some nice sandals), but my boyfriend tells me they actually don't care and he's never seen anyone get turned away. It would really suck, though, if it happened... I do think the sandals will be ok:)
  • riderfangal
    riderfangal Posts: 1,965 Member
    Options

Me too, me too!!
  • kellienw335
    kellienw335 Posts: 1,745 Member
    Options
    Caitwn wrote: »
    MoHousdon wrote: »
    peleroja wrote: »
    I found the confession and it is actually worse than I expected, which is...quite something for these boards. Haha.

I confess I almost flagged it, but then I remembered no judgment. I'm judging anyway though because it was all kinds of disturbing. It made me uncomfortable to read it. As a matter of fact, I had to re-read because I didn't believe I read it right the first time.

I flagged it. My 'no-judgment' zone does not include that kind of thing in any way. If you guys feel I violated the spirit of this thread by flagging, then I'll step away from this thread in future, and will do so without any drama or hostility, I promise. I do understand and appreciate the environment that's been created here. But for me, 'no judgment' doesn't mean 'absolutely anything is fine'.

No one wants you to step away! It made me uncomfortable, but in an effort to not start arguments I usually just ignore weird or creepy posts and keep scrolling. And how can we judge you for judging the poster since this is no judgment...judge, judges, judgment?
  • MoHousdon
    MoHousdon Posts: 8,721 Member
    Options
    I found the confession and it is actually worse than I expected, which is...quite something for these boards. Haha.

I confess I almost flagged it, but then I remembered no judgment. I'm judging anyway though because it was all kinds of disturbing. It made me uncomfortable to read it. As a matter of fact, I had to re-read because I didn't believe I read it right the first time.

I flagged it. My 'no-judgment' zone does not include that kind of thing in any way. If you guys feel I violated the spirit of this thread by flagging, then I'll step away from this thread in future, and will do so without any drama or hostility, I promise. I do understand and appreciate the environment that's been created here. But for me, 'no judgment' doesn't mean 'absolutely anything is fine'.

I agree with you!

• KylerJaye
    KylerJaye Posts: 861 Member
    Options
    KylerJaye wrote: »
    Guys, I think I'm in trouble. I just made these:
    e67j0kb2qyoi.jpg
    ...And I think they're going to be lunch.

Also, for anyone who wants to see my giant <400 calorie cauliflower rice, here's a picture of one serving next to a jumbo-sized sandwich, for comparison purposes:
    8ws55a2iirls.jpg

Editing to add.. Maybe excuse the messy table in the background. Please? Thank you. ;)

can you PLEASE share your cookie recipe? every time i try to make them, they end up paper thin with the chips just sticking up. it's depressing...

The secret behind fat cookies is the creaming part. Most people (including me, until I learned better) cream the heck out of the butter and sugars with a stand mixer or whisk, incorporating so much air that the cookies end up collapsing on themselves. I no longer use a whisk--I basically smash the butter and sugars together using a spoon, and ALWAYS err on the side of less beating when you can. You'll get awesome cookies every time. Here's my recipe, though:

155g all purpose flour
    2.5g (0.5 tsp) baking soda
    Sprinkle of salt (around 2g)
    100g butter, softened to room temperature (I always use slightly salted, even in recipes that contain salt. I love the flavor depth that the salt brings out.)
    82g brown sugar (I use the dark one, again for extra flavor)
    5mL (1 tsp) vanilla flavoring
    25g granulated white sugar
    1 large egg (~55g)
    150g semi sweet or milk chocolate chips (I tend to use a mix of both)

1) Combine flour, baking soda, and salt in a bowl. Mix together and set aside.
    2) Smash the butter into the sugars with a metal spoon. Mix only until combined.
    3) Add the vanilla and the egg. If needed, use a whisk to mix in the egg, but mix as little as needed to combine--be very careful at this point to not overmix and incorporate much air into the dough.
    4) Dump in the flour mixture and the chocolate chips, all at once. Stir slowly with a spoon until everything comes together. The dough will be dense and thick.
    5) Drop in round balls (around 32g each) onto a cookie sheet covered in baking paper/parchment paper. Chill the cookie sheet in the fridge for 20-30 minutes, then place in a 350 degree (Fahrenheit) oven for 11-12 minutes.

This recipe makes 16 generously sized cookies at 160ish calories each. :)

Gosh, I actually just typed all that out on my phone. How exhausting. If MFP eats this post, I'm going to just die!

sorry, i'm 30 pages behind, but thank you!! :)
  • CountessKitteh
    CountessKitteh Posts: 1,505 Member
    Options

No one wants you to step away! It made me uncomfortable, but in an effort to not start arguments I usually just ignore weird or creepy posts and keep scrolling. And how can we judge you for judging the poster since this is no judgment...judge, judges, judgment?

You win all the things.

@caitwn - Don't go anywhere. Creeper posts come and go, but real confessors stick around!
  • Susieq_1994
    Susieq_1994 Posts: 5,361 Member
    Options
    Francl27 wrote: »
    TigerNY128 wrote: »
    Did anyone else find one of the recent confessions super creepy? Not quoting it because no judgement, but I confess I am totally judging that!

I think I know which one you're talking about....agreed.

I must be clueless because I have NO IDEA which one it is lol

I have no idea either but I don't really want to know. Just hoping it wasn't one of mine, lol.

Nope, it was one of those random posters who post something creepy and never come back... Super-obvious hint, it was about doing... stuff... to his wife when she was sleeping.
  • Susieq_1994
    Options
    nonoelmo wrote: »
    Tubbs216 wrote: »
    LBuehrle8 wrote: »
    pofoster21 wrote: »
    I can't handle glasses 24/7. I primarily wear contacts and then pop them out the minute I get home from work! B) I've been wearing contacts for 19 years so I can take them out put them in no problem.

This is me. I have worn contacts since I was like 14 or 16. They are the first thing that comes out when I get home. They don't bother me during the day, but the second I get home they MUST come out!

Haha I'm exactly that way too! During the day I don't even think about them but once home I'm not completely comfortable until I've taken my rinse off shower, put on my sweats, and taken out my contacts!
    Nobody's mentioned the need to remove their bra the minute they walk through the door, so I guess that's just me then..?

I remove everything and relax on my bed in a dark room for 15 minutes or so. Then I put on a comfy cute little dress and go about my evening. Some people think I'm dressed up, nahhh just very comfortable. My daughter asked me the other day if I always wear a dress grocery shopping (just now noticing?!?) I explained my reasoning. Last night she got home and changed into a little dress and said "Oh, I get it now!" Comfy without giving up style. Win-win.

Edit: I do put on bra/panties before putting on the dress. I love beautiful undergarments.

Same here. My wardrobe is also similar in that it is both stylish and comfortable. I cannot be sloppy and undone, even at home in the evenings and weekends. Just a "me" thing. I don't do it for anyone other than myself although I'm pretty sure my husband appreciates that I don't wear baggy sweats and t-shirts. Everything I own is fitted. I cannot do baggy.

I am exactly the opposite. I cannot do clingy. I hate things that cling to my skin! Even my undershirts are loose and made of non-clinging cotton. Everything I wear is pretty much a bag... ;)
  • MoHousdon
    MoHousdon Posts: 8,721 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    e67j0kb2qyoi.jpg

Also, for anyone who wants to see my giant <400 calorie cauliflower rice, here's a picture of one serving next to a jumbo-sized sandwich, for comparison purposes:
    8ws55a2iirls.jpg

Editing to add.. Maybe excuse the messy table in the background. Please? Thank you. ;)

can you PLEASE share your cookie recipe? every time i try to make them, they end up paper thin with the chips just sticking up. it's depressing...

The secret behind fat cookies is the creaming part. Most people (including me, until I learned better) cream the heck out of the butter and sugars with a stand mixer or whisk, incorporating so much air that the cookies end up collapsing on themselves. I no longer use a whisk--I basically smash the butter and sugars together using a spoon, and ALWAYS err on the side of less beating when you can. You'll get awesome cookies every time. Here's my recipe, though:

155g all purpose flour
    100g butter, softened to room temperature (I always use slightly salted, even in recipes that contain salt. I love the flavor depth that the salt brings out.)
    1 large egg (~55g)

2) Smash the butter into the sugars with a metal spoon. Mix only until combined.
    3) Add the vanilla and the egg. If needed, use a whisk to mix in the egg, but mix as little as needed to combine--be very careful at this point to not overmix and incorporate much air into the dough.
    4) Dump in the flour mixture and the chocolate chips, all at once. Stir slowly with a spoon until everything comes together. The dough will be dense and thick.
    5) Drop in round balls (around 32g each) onto a cookie sheet covered in baking paper/parchment paper. Chill the cookie sheet in the fridge for 20-30 minutes, then place in a 350 degree (Fahrenheit) oven for 11-12 minutes.

Gosh, I actually just typed all that out on my phone. How exhausting. If MFP eats this post, I'm going to just die!

I have to admit, I don't like fluffy cookies (unless they're Lofthouse), sorry @Susieq_1994 . I prefer my cookies to be somewhat flat and crispy on the edges, but still gooey in the middle and my husband makes them JUST RIGHT!!! They look almost identical to this one. And now, I'm craving his homemade chocolate chip cookies. :(

o0lbdg1adc4r.jpg

Or Whole Foods where I can not only get cookies, but look for Halo Top ice cream too. :neutral:

• LBuehrle8
    LBuehrle8 Posts: 4,044 Member
    Options
    pofoster21 wrote: »
    I can't handle glasses 24/7. I primarily wear contacts and then pop them out the minute I get home from work! B) I've been wearing contacts for 19 years so I can take them out put them in no problem.

This is me. I have worn contacts since I was like 14 or 16. They are the first thing that comes out when I get home. They don't bother me during the day, but the second I get home they MUST come out!

Haha I'm exactly that way too! During the day I don't even think about them but once home I'm not completely comfortable until I've taken my rinse off shower, put on my sweats, and taken out my contacts!
    Nobody's mentioned the need to remove their bra the minute they walk through the door, so I guess that's just me then..?

Nope. Definitely not just you!

If I didn't wear a DD, I would. As it is, if I go braless I risk a black eye when I go up the stairs.

BAHAHAHA sorry not laughing AT you but the mental image is hilarious. I do not have this problem.
  • Susieq_1994
    edited June 2015
    Options
    festerw wrote: »
    We're going on year 3 without satellite. Netflix works well if you aren't dead set on needing to see the latest seasons of network shows. We're also too far out to get broadband so we're limited in what is feasible running through our phones. Luckily we're grandfathered on Verizon's unlimited data or we'd be in trouble since we average about 100GB per month.

But what about sports? My problem with getting rid of cable is losing live college football, NFL, NASCAR, NBA, etc. Is there a way to watch live games other than cable?

*whispers* Online streaming. I do believe it's illegal, though. Most of the sites that have it tend to get the links shut down every so often, then they post new ones, and so on.

I don't actually use it, I just know someone who does. o:) I'm not much of a sports fan.
  • girldownsouth
    girldownsouth Posts: 920 Member
    Options
    bkhamill wrote: »
    On Friday, my 13-year-old daughter told me that she's been depressed for over a year and wanted to go see a therapist. This was after a major meltdown over what should have been a minor incident. We'd noticed she's been withdrawn and has been spending a lot of time in her room, but thought it was just typical teenage moodiness. I'll be calling the dr. first thing tomorrow, but have also been doing some research and trying to find things to do on our end. This isn't something I've ever dealt with before. One of the things that was recommended was getting her out of her isolation, as well as exercise. I brought her with me to work today (I work at a university library). She's currently out collecting books (she loves to read) and hitting the Cyber Cafe. She seems very happy today. I also spoke to her about joining a gym together, at least for the summer, and she was very receptive to the idea. So, we'll be going to the YMCA tomorrow to check it out. I'm a little scared to join a gym, as I don't like working out in front of people. But, I'm willing to do it for her. She's excited that they might have a pool. I told her there's no way I'm wearing a bathing suit in public, but she's welcome to swim without me. Anyway, this isn't really a confession, but I needed to get this off my chest. Thanks for listening.
    Oh, sending positive vibes your way - it's so hard to see a child so young struggling with mental health issues. Sorry you're both dealing with this, but I commend you for doing practical real things that can help. Maybe also look at some vitamin supplements?

My daughter just finished her second year of university and is now taking a year off due to depression and anxiety. This has been a very hard year for her, and stressful and worrying for us. Now that she's home, our family doctor believe her problems may be in a big part due to anemia caused by very heavy periods, so she's tackling the anemia before looking at anti-depressants etc. Maybe it might be a good idea to ask for a blood test to rule out any physical causes also?

Still way behind, but I had extreme anemia issues due to heavy periods and I got the Mirena (IUD) and it stopped the bleeding and cured my anemia problems. Worth looking into for sure.
    This is actually what my daughter asked the doctor about at first but dr wasn't keen because she's only 19 and there are some risks attached. So she's trying the pill first. Hopefully it will help.
    (I'm very pro-Mirena myself - had three over the years and loved it.)

I had a period that lasted 2 months about 8 years ago. Went on the mini pill, because I have problems with the normal one, took a couple of months to get sorted, but not had any at all since. I did have issues a year ago when they switched it to generic,went to see the nurse, she gave me 3 months prescription of my normal brand to try but, I think accidentally, put it on repeat prescription for a year, so I've not been back, but will need to in the next month. She said it would make no difference, but I was getting spotting, headaches and all sorts of the problems I used to get, (both on different pills and without any) for the 6 weeks I tried the generic which all cleared up within a few weeks back on my normal.

Anyway, tldr; pill can be effective for these problems.
  • Susieq_1994
    Options

Check out the ever-so-obvious helpful hint I provided. You're welcome.
  • Dnarules
    Dnarules Posts: 2,081 Member
    Options
    e67j0kb2qyoi.jpg

8ws55a2iirls.jpg

155g all purpose flour
    1 large egg (~55g)

I have to admit, I don't like fluffy cookies (unless they're Lofthouse), sorry @Susieq_1994 . I prefer my cookies to be somewhat flat and crispy on the edges, but still gooey in the middle and my husband makes them JUST RIGHT!!! They look almost identical to this one. And now, I'm craving his homemade chocolate chip cookies. :(

o0lbdg1adc4r.jpg

Or Whole Foods where I can not only get cookies, but look for Halo Top ice cream too. :neutral:

Whole Foods has awesome chocolate chip cookies. Unfortunately, they aren't really that close to me, so I rarely go.