Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• kellienw335
    kellienw335 Posts: 1,745 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    xMrBunglex wrote: »
    All these TV confessions are making me fess up: My wife & I love Big Brother.

We love to hate the hateable ones, root for the underdogs, love the cheesy challenges & also love it when they are clueless that they are broadcast 24/7 and just spout the most ignorant crap. Young fools thinking they know everything & getting a harsh dose of reality once they leave the house. So crunchy.

We call it our "Vapid Summer Fluff" ... ha ha

Me too! I've only admitted it to two friends and never talk about it at work. It's like my dirty little secret! I've been watching for years.

Edited because quotes are hard.
  • MoHousdon
    MoHousdon Posts: 8,719 Member
    Options
    Francl27 wrote: »
    MoHousdon wrote: »
    m1xm0d3 wrote: »
    I ate a little bit of Half Baked last night but gave the rest to my daughter so I could justify buying another pint the next time I'm at the grocery store.

I wish some of my MFP's lived closer so I'd have workout buddies. Or I wish my husband would want to go with me, but by the time he gets home from being on his feet for 9+ hours, working out is the last thing he wants to do. I asked him if he wanted to work out with me while we're on vacation, he said he DOES plan on working out. Wink, wink, nudge, nudge.

Hey I've been skipping the catch-up but was curious how the step-daughter talk went? or IF it went?

I appreciate you asking. No talk yet. As a matter of fact, haven't seen or heard from her since last Monday. My husband texted her last Friday but she's not responded yet. Her cat is tearing up my carpet in the guestroom and she's starting pooping outside her litter box. Enough is enough already. I want to let him handle this and not step on his toes or anything, but honestly, I'm pretty fed up and I texted him earlier that if he doesn't message her today, I will.

Edited to add. it's hard to talk to someone who won't return messages or never comes around.

Well I'd give her an ultimatum about the cat, honestly. One week to find another place for it or to the shelter it goes. And I love cats, but yeah, there are limits.

That's how I feel, but my husband is so scared of driving her away that he doesn't want to give her an ultimatum.

• BZAH10
    BZAH10 Posts: 5,709 Member
    Options
    festerw wrote: »
    We're going on year 3 without satellite. Netflix works well if you aren't dead set on needing to see the latest seasons of network shows. We're also too far out to get broadband so we're limited in what is feasible running through our phones. Luckily we're grandfathered on Verizon's unlimited data or we'd be in trouble since we average about 100GB per month.

But what about sports? My problem with getting rid of cable is losing live college football, NFL, NASCAR, NBA, etc. Is there a way to watch live games other than cable?
  • crosbylee
    crosbylee Posts: 3,450 Member
    Options
    I ate a little bit of Half Baked last night but gave the rest to my daughter so I could justify buying another pint the next time I'm at the grocery store.

I wish some of my MFP's lived closer so I'd have workout buddies. Or I wish my husband would want to go with me, but by the time he gets home from being on his feet for 9+ hours, working out is the last thing he wants to do. I asked him if he wanted to work out with me while we're on vacation, he said he DOES plan on working out. Wink, wink, nudge, nudge.

Hey I've been skipping the catch-up but was curious how the step-daughter talk went? or IF it went?

I appreciate you asking. No talk yet. As a matter of fact, haven't seen or heard from her since last Monday. My husband texted her last Friday but she's not responded yet. Her cat is tearing up my carpet in the guestroom and she's starting pooping outside her litter box. Enough is enough already. I want to let him handle this and not step on his toes or anything, but honestly, I'm pretty fed up and I texted him earlier that if he doesn't message her today, I will.

Edited to add. it's hard to talk to someone who won't return messages or never comes around.

I think I would have to let my husband know the cat has to go if she won't keep up with it. No sense in it tearing up your house.
  • kellienw335
    kellienw335 Posts: 1,745 Member
    Options
    Hey guys,
    So I posted yesterday about only have 700+ Cal's left for the entire day And didn't know.how I was gonna make it...WELL I DIDNT! I totally binges last night before bed (handful of mini oreos, spiral BBQ chips and a cupcake ). I can pinpoint the reason why I was having cravings. ..(stress related ). And though I am regretting it this morning, on the other hand I am happy those cravings were giving such a short time for me to give into them (before bed) as opposed to allllll day today.
    Anyways, fresh start..I only beat myself a LITTLE.... gotta keep pushing.
    Oh and I didn't enter my cheats in my diary. *whoops*
    -mic drop-

Triple post! Epic!

Today is a new day. You got this!
  • BZAH10
    Options
    Confession: I didn't take the time to catch up on the thread. I'm too far behind.

Second Confession: I am thinking about going back to school and I am doubting as to whether or not I will actually finish a degree this time.

Not really a confession: Things are going well with my boss and I, so far.

Great! And I'm glad you're back. I haven't been able to keep up, either.
  • peleroja
    peleroja Posts: 3,979 Member
    Options
    I found the confession and it is actually worse than I expected, which is...quite something for these boards. Haha.
  • MoHousdon
    Options
    crosbylee wrote: »

I think I would have to let my husband know the cat has to go if she won't keep up with it. No sense in it tearing up your house.

Yep! I am going to make that clear to him tonight. I can't believe she goes a week+ without even checking on her. I can't imagine doing that to my Owen (who still hasn't shown up).
  • crosbylee
    Options

Yep! I am going to make that clear to him tonight. I can't believe she goes a week+ without even checking on her. I can't imagine doing that to my Owen (who still hasn't shown up).

I am sorry you are missing your guy and the only replacement is hell cat.
  • MoHousdon
    Options
    peleroja wrote: »
    I found the confession and it is actually worse than I expected, which is...quite something for these boards. Haha.

I confess I almost flagged it, but then I remembered no judgment. I'm judging anyway though because it was all kinds of disturbing. It made me uncomfortable to read it. As a matter of fact, I had to re-read because I didn't believe I read it right the first time.

• MoHousdon
    Options

I am sorry you are missing your guy and the only replacement is hell cat.

Yeah, she's definitely no Owen. She's been called a b!tch on more than one occasion. She's psycho.

• Sweet_Heresy
    Sweet_Heresy Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    CONFESSION: I have pretty much only worn wifebeaters outside of work since the weather has warmed up. I say its because its been getting hot, but really its more because my upper body is starting to look awesome after 4 months of lifting.
  • crosbylee
    Options
    Caitwn wrote: »
    TV-related confession: I don't even own one. And don't plan to. I also don't use Netflix/Hulu/other stuff. I'm a television-hating freak. o:)

Wow, it is nice to hear that a couple of others don't watch TV. I sometimes feel a little weird about it because people really get into 'their' shows.

About ten years ago I got so disgusted with how stupid TV was that I disconnected the thing and included it in my regular donations to the local battered women's shelter. Haven't regretted it for a second. I am a fairly serious politics junkie, but TV is useless to support that interest anyway. I do occasionally watch one of the HBO series or a special via stream or DVD, but that's very rare.

Now and then, friends try to convince me that some series is really different and wonderful, so I'll go over to their house to watch...and so far it's all been just inane junk (though I don't put it that strongly to my well-meaning friends). As a result, no cable bill for me, and no regrets.

I could truly do without TV if I had to. There are some shows that I have gotten into and had to binge watch. Luckily most of those are on Netflix or Hulu.
  • m1xm0d3
    m1xm0d3 Posts: 1,576 Member
    Options

Oh wow... I am sorry to hear that. I really was hoping some progress had been made on that front. Now I feel bad for asking lol.
  • ShibaEars
    ShibaEars Posts: 3,928 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    Kalici wrote: »
    ShibaEars wrote: »
    kelly_c_77 wrote: »
    nonoelmo wrote: »
    My friend is supposed to be bringing her kids over today (5 & 2) and while I like seeing them, I'm also kind of dreading it. Her kids get super excited about seeing my dog but have no idea how to properly behave around them.
    They shriek and cry and run around and try to sneak up behind her to pet her. My dog is 2, I've had her for 6 months. She was never exposed to kids with her previous owners and only once or twice since she's been with me.
    My friend won't do anything about the way they act either. She shrugs and says "Oh well, they have to learn" and I HATE IT! Yes, they need to learn, but not by being bitten! And she obviously doesn't understand how upset I
    would be, and that it would be me and my dog who would get the blame.
    Your house your rules. Kids can see the dog when the are sitting quietly. Bring dog out. Talk to kids and explain then put dog in a quiet room away from kids. Calm but firm. You know that Any dog has the potential to harm and you are not willing to put the kids, the dog, or yourself in a potentially bad situation. If friend doesn't like it a firm calm restating of your boundaries. I love you and your kids. I love dog. I'm not willing to have the kids at risk by the dog reacting to their attempts to play. Dog is not a toy and is not used to kids. Kids are inadvertently acting in a manner that dog can see as a threat. End of discussion. Don't be bullied into a situation that you are not comfortable being in.

I agree with all of this ...but I wouldn't want to have to put my dog in another room. We had a very grumpy Dachshund with a lot of medical problems. Our guests were always told what they were allowed/not allowed to do around him. It was his house too..he shouldn't have to be put away. Your friend needs to respect your house and your rules...your dog shouldn't have to suffer and be shut away(IMO).
    And now I'm sad talking about him because today actually marks the one year anniversary of his death. He was 15.5 years old. RIP <3
    <3
    Has anyone watched that new show The Briefcase?

I watched an episode the other night

May I ask what you think of it?

It was interesting. I think it could lead to some hurt feelings though. I don't know if there's more than one episode, I saw the one with an older couple from Texas, and a same-sex couple from Boston. I thought it was funny how the Texas couple was so proud of themselves and talked themselves up to give $25,000 (which is generous), and then the other couple gave them almost the full $100,000.

It came on after something I was watching & I didn't change the channel. I didn't hate it, but I won't be seeking out other episodes.

what did you think?

There has been three episodes so far. The first episode both couples actually chose to give away all the money to each other.

After three episodes, I am feeling a bit disgruntled that the families they are helping are in a higher income bracket than I thought they would be. Do not get me wrong, yes, they have debt issues and such, but the one couple had no children and their income was $71,000 annual. They were talking about how nice it was to have that first thousand dollars they get to spend to take to the grocery store and could actually buy meat and produce.....um, what?

There are families with children that live on less than a third of that.....

Is it because I am in Canada? Like I am pretty sure minimum wage is lower in the states than here.....so how can you not live on 70K a year? If you worked a minimum wage job wouldn't your income be more like 15K?

It would depend on the area they're in. That amount could make it really hard to afford things in certain areas in this country. However, you're not wrong that there are a lot of people who take home less than 15k and some have kids.

I agree, it would depend on what area they're in. $71,000 is okay for here, but I imagine in a bigger city it might not go as far, especially if they have a lot of debt.

I'm not really sure what the show is hoping to accomplish though? Just see if people in general are generous?

ETA: Actually, I was just thinking, $71,000 wouldn't go very far here. I make less than that (but way over minimum wage) but I can't afford an "average" mortgage on my own (well I could, but there'd be hardly any money left for gas/food/bills/ or whatever emergencies crop up). And I don't have a car payment. That's living in a small town - two people in the city, with a mortgage, car payment(s) and whatever else, $71,000 would be tight.
  • MoHousdon
    Options

Oh wow... I am sorry to hear that. I really was hoping some progress had been made on that front. Now I feel bad for asking lol.

Don't feel bad, you didn't know and you were just being nice. I wish we could make some sort of progress too, but it's hard when she's never around.

• ShibaEars
    ShibaEars Posts: 3,928 Member
    Options
    peleroja wrote: »

I confess I almost flagged it, but then I remembered no judgment. I'm judging anyway though because it was all kinds of disturbing. It made me uncomfortable to read it. As a matter of fact, I had to re-read because I didn't believe I read it right the first time.

I just read it, made a face and scrolled on by. I like that people here will just ignore things like that, rather than start a fight.
  • BZAH10
    Options
    LBuehrle8 wrote: »
    Tubbs216 wrote: »
    I confess...

It's 10 PM and I had a ton of calories left, even after dinner, because I didn't have much of an appetite today. I decided to have something desserty, but we only had vanilla ice cream in the freezer. Plain vanilla isn't really worth the calories to me, although it's nice... So then I had an idea: I got 10 grams of peanut butter, and spread it in a thin layer over the walls of a tiny ice cream bowl, then served the ice cream on top of it. Then, with each bite, I scraped a little peanut butter off the wall of the bowl. Mmmmm, so good.

And then, I STILL had a ton of calories left, so I made a mock peanut butter milkshake. That was so good too.

...I really love peanut butter. :sweat_smile:
    I'm the weirdo whose favourite flavour of ice cream is vanilla.

I love vanilla too. Although, now that I've discovered Ben & Jerry's Half Baked, I would say that's my new fave.

If you like peanut butter they also have a Peanut Butter Half Baked that is good.

I saw that one and something with peanut butter cookies. Or is that the same thing?! I'm new to the whole array of gourmet ice cream flavors.

I had B&J's Salted Caramel Core last night, the one with blondies in it. Not impressed. I'm not a fan of blondies anyway. (Who wants a blondie when you could have a brownie?) I am going to be stalking the stores looking for more The Tonight Dough. In case you can't read the description, "Caramel & Chocolate Ice Cream with Chocolate Cookie Swirls & Gobs of Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough & Peanut Butter Cookie Dough." Drooly, drool, drool!

rn7cgo5i9ypf.png

1) Salted Caramel is my lifeblood.

2) I don't have the option to eat chocolate, so that may have something to do with it.

I bought the vanilla and lemon cake Halo Top! The pints are SUPER lightweight. It's kind of weird. They're also $$$. :/

They were $4.99 at Wegmans, which isn't too bad.. I mean expensive enough that it's not going to be an every day thing obviously, but at least it's not $6.99 like some other ones I've seen. Haven't checked Whole Foods yet.
    april10472 wrote: »
    Sometimes when I'm really hungry and I'm with other people I stop listening to them talk and fantasize about my next meal

I've had to rewind some TV shows I was watching at night because I kept thinking about my breakfast the next morning and wasn't paying attention at all...

That's definitely cheaper than the Jeni's at $12.00 a pint.

I wish stores around me carried Gelato Fiacso.

Did you hear about Jeni's ice cream in Columbus, Ohio? I think it's only affected the ice cream here but I'm not 100% sure!

According to their website they just did another recall from Listeria. I had ordered four pints off their website before the first recall & ended up throwing The Brambleberry Crisp away after hearing about the recall. Well I won't lie, I mostly threw that one out cause I didn't care for the flavor.

I had ordered Savannah Buttermint (Easter exclusive)=really good, Goat Cheese & Red Cherries=pretty good, Brown Butter Almond Brittle=I devoured that pint in no time.

The other brand Blue Bell that suffered with the Listeria issue I have never seen in PA stores. We have Blue Bunny (crappy ice cream), Turkey Hill (most of the flavors are good), Breyers, Edy's, Ben & Jerry's, & Talenti.

Blue Bell will be back soon!!! I will be in line with all the other folks that can get this wonderful stuff to buy it.

You can't find Blue Bell in the North unfortunately! We have Yuengling ice cream though... it's pretty good!

They import Blue Bell here, but by the time it arrives in the stores, it's nasty. It always somehow melts on the way here (faulty refrigeration? Dunno) and forms ice crystals and tastes all weird. Also, it's almost completely solid since it melted and refroze... ;)

Wow, that's dangerous! That could make people sick.