Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• TigerNY128
    TigerNY128 Posts: 763 Member
    Options
    MoHousdon wrote: »
    My student loan payment just bumped up almost $200. Crap! I wasn't ready for that... :s

Why the increase?

I put it on a "graduated plan" where you pay less in the beginning and then it bumps up every two years. And I forgot it's been two years... :'(

Mine are this way too, but holy crap, I didn't think it would be that much of an increase!
  • arkaycee
    arkaycee Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    arditarose wrote: »
    sigh...When I found that I couldn't eat peanut butter in moderation, and had to get it out of my apartment ASAP, I not only threw it away-I drowned the jar in water first so I wouldn't be tempted...

I can't believe I shared that.

I would've had to put dish soap in the water; I'd probably get desperate and eat/drink watery peanut butter or whatever I was trying to get rid of otherwise.
  • bkhamill
    bkhamill Posts: 1,289 Member
    Options
    Francl27 wrote: »
    Tubbs216 wrote: »
    Francl27 wrote: »
    So I'm annoyed at myself because I got hungry today so I ended my 5 days streak at a deficit. I'm sad.
    What I read from this: You had four days at deficit!! Go you!

I had 5, lol. I know, not the end of the world, my weight is fine, but still. I'm still not happy with my look and I'm going in vacations in 3 weeks and wanted to see a scale drop before (as I know I'll probably end up gaining when eating out all the time for 10 days).

Please enjoy your vacation, I decided to do just that, and gained a few pounds (some had to be water) anyway, one week back and I am back where I was before I left so it is certainly not the end of the world to throw caution to the wind and enjoy yourself for a week. I seriously ate and drank all I wanted (we were at an all inclusive resort) and the damage was very minimal.
  • CountessKitteh
    CountessKitteh Posts: 1,505 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    TigerNY128 wrote: »
    Did anyone else find one of the recent confessions super creepy? Not quoting it because no judgement, but I confess I am totally judging that!

I think I know which one you're talking about....agreed.

I must be clueless because I have NO IDEA which one it is lol

I briefly thought maybe he'd just missed a word after "her" (like, Gameboy). Then I stalked his friends list and it's sexy selfie central, so...

ETA: I type too fast.
  • girldownsouth
    girldownsouth Posts: 920 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    spamarie wrote: »
    I don't much like the British system of student loans, but it makes me thankful it's not as bad as the American one! Our loans are linked to our income, so if you earn below a certain amount, you don't pay anything back. One less thing to worry about if you suddenly become unemployed. It only goes up as your income goes up, so is generally pretty affordable. Finally it is wiped when you retire (at 68) so you'll never lose your home over your student loans. Also, our fees are capped. It's still pretty expensive to go to university, but currently you won't pay more than 9000 pounds a year in fees, even at Oxford or Cambridge. It's still a bitter pill to swallow though, as the fee increases are quite recent. I went to university 10 years ago, and I only paid 1150 pounds in fees a year. Sucks to be ten years younger than me!

Yep, I paid about £1k a year too, graduated 10 years ago. I kind of feel sorry for the kids now but at the same time I know there were plenty of people at my uni who really shouldn't have been there and didn't take it seriously. Hopefully it's reducing that. I'm all for fees, but I think companies should offer more sponsorship with jobs as the end for needed degrees, and I think the rise in apprenticeships is a good thing, because I genuinely don't think university is the right choice for everyone.

Edited because apparently my phone feels empty without something already in the new comment box...
  • xMrBunglex
    xMrBunglex Posts: 1,121 Member
    Options
    All these TV confessions are making me fess up: My wife & I love Big Brother.

We love to hate the hateable ones, root for the underdogs, love the cheesy challenges & also love it when they are clueless that they are broadcast 24/7 and just spout the most ignorant crap. Young fools thinking they know everything & getting a harsh dose of reality once they leave the house. So crunchy.

We call it our "Vapid Summer Fluff" ... ha ha
  • maryelgin1988
    maryelgin1988 Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    Hey guys,
    So I posted yesterday about only have 700 Cal's left for the entire day And didn't know.how I was gonna make it...WELL I DIDNT! I totally binges last night before bed (handful of mini oreos, spiral BBQ chips and a cupcake ). I can pinpoint the reason why I was having cravings. ..(stress related ). And though I am regretting it this morning, on the other hand I am happy those cravings were giving such a short time for me to give into them (before bed) as opposed to allllll day today.
    Anyways, fresh start..I only beat myself a LITTLE.... gotta keep pushing.
    Oh and I didn't enter my cheats in my diary. *whoops*
    -mic drop-
  • maryelgin1988
    Options
    Hey guys,
    So I posted yesterday about only have 700 Cal's left for the entire day And didn't know.how I was gonna make it...WELL I DIDNT! I totally binges last night before bed (handful of mini oreos, spiral BBQ chips and a cupcake ). I can pinpoint the reason why I was having cravings. ..(stress related ). And though I am regretting it this morning, on the other hand I am happy those cravings were giving such a short time for me to give into them (before bed) as opposed to allllll day today.
    -mic drop-
  • MoHousdon
    MoHousdon Posts: 8,719 Member
    Options
    amyford25 wrote: »
    In case anyone wanted an update, I did muster up some courage and did my first round of stronglifts! Two girls were lifting today and I ran to them and they were so helpful. Thanks everyone for your encouragement!

Yay, congratulations! I have found that most people (especially the bodybuilder types) are more than helpful. I'm a part of a fitness group on facebook (SHOUT OUT LOCKER ROOM II) and almost everyone is more than willing to help or encourage everyone else. It's a really awesome thing to see. It reminds me of this thread, only it's almost 100% health/fitness related.

That reminds me, I need to try my supplements Sam sent me and post my reviews... forgot about that.

What did he send you? I have some protein pudding that I keep forgetting to try, but I REALLY want to, I just keep forgetting. :(

• maryelgin1988
    Options
    Hey guys,
    So I posted yesterday about only have 700+ Cal's left for the entire day And didn't know.how I was gonna make it...WELL I DIDNT! I totally binges last night before bed (handful of mini oreos, spiral BBQ chips and a cupcake ). I can pinpoint the reason why I was having cravings. ..(stress related ). And though I am regretting it this morning, on the other hand I am happy those cravings were giving such a short time for me to give into them (before bed) as opposed to allllll day today.
    -mic drop-
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    TigerNY128 wrote: »
    My student loan payment just bumped up almost $200. Crap! I wasn't ready for that... :s

Why the increase?

I put it on a "graduated plan" where you pay less in the beginning and then it bumps up every two years. And I forgot it's been two years... :'(

Mine are this way too, but holy crap, I didn't think it would be that much of an increase!

My loans are pretty crazy. Undergraduate and graduate school. Hopefully yours aren't as much :#
  • BZAH10
    BZAH10 Posts: 5,710 Member
    Options
    xMrBunglex wrote: »
    BZAH10 wrote: »
    Back in the office after that mind-numbing continuing ed seminar. Ugh. Think I passed the test though; we'll see in about 3-4 weeks. (Really? It's 2015, and we're still waiting WEEKS for test results? Whatevs.)

My confession is my wife dragged me to the store for a wardrobe upgrade on Saturday...and I enjoyed every minute of it! (4+ hours.)

After years of bargain XL shirts and 38" dockers, there is something awfully gratifying about trying on M slim-fit work shirts, and 32 x 32 work slacks - and having them fit great. Also picked up some new shorts, T-shirts, running shoes (sweet Nike Free 4.0 Flyknits - so comfortable!)

Then going through my closet & getting rid of some thrashed work pants, L T-shirts that billow on me....I now understand where the term Retail Therapy comes from, lol

HATE the continuing ed stuff. But, it must be done. That long for test results is crazy! We get an immediate pass/fail result on the screen as soon as the test is completed. I still tend to hold my breath for that brief moment in fear of seeing "FAIL"! Thankfully, 17 years in the same industry, and so far so good.

Congrats on the new clothes and enjoying the experience!

Truth.

Good thing is it was step 3 of 5 towards an important designation, AND covered 20 of the 24 hr CE requirement. (Well, "good thing" kind of hinges on whether or not I passed, lol)

Thanks for the congrats. I still view work clothes as a "uniform" - I'm a T shirt, jeans & flip flops guy outside of the office. I have one suit that I joke is my "Wedding/Funeral/Court Appearance uniform."

I light rail / bike to work every day - at 3:45 I go upstairs & change into a tank & shorts for the ride home.

Basically, my mission is to stay in grownup clothes for as short of a time as possible!

Hahaha! Hopefully you don't have to use it often for that! I'm the same way. I dress up for work, but very few people see me. I change before I leave here into my workout clothes and that's all I pretty much wear in the evenings and on the weekends. Sometimes I feel compelled to tell people that I have REAL clothes, too.

Hope you passed you exam and good luck on getting the designation!
  • JPW1990
    JPW1990 Posts: 2,424 Member
    Options
    All these TV confessions are making me fess up: My wife & I love Big Brother.

We love to hate the hateable ones, root for the underdogs, love the cheesy challenges & also love it when they are clueless that they are broadcast 24/7 and just spout the most ignorant crap. Young fools thinking they know everything & getting a harsh dose of reality once they leave the house. So crunchy.

We call it our "Vapid Summer Fluff" ... ha ha

I'm addicted to the UK and Aus versions, though Aus is canceled again, I think. I got turned off from the US one when they started rigging the "twists" (Evel Dick and Daniele shared a limo to the studio at the beginning of their season, yet acted all surprised to see each other in the house-they got caught talking about it on live feed the last week).

I have been slammed since Saturday with graduation/birthday/etc parties and work. I have 4 days of posts to read back, but I probably won't have time until tonight. Leaving this as a placemarker to see how many new ones I'll get to add to the list by then.
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    amyford25 wrote: »
    In case anyone wanted an update, I did muster up some courage and did my first round of stronglifts! Two girls were lifting today and I ran to them and they were so helpful. Thanks everyone for your encouragement!

Yay, congratulations! I have found that most people (especially the bodybuilder types) are more than helpful. I'm a part of a fitness group on facebook (SHOUT OUT LOCKER ROOM II) and almost everyone is more than willing to help or encourage everyone else. It's a really awesome thing to see. It reminds me of this thread, only it's almost 100% health/fitness related.

That reminds me, I need to try my supplements Sam sent me and post my reviews... forgot about that.

What did he send you? I have some protein pudding that I keep forgetting to try, but I REALLY want to, I just keep forgetting. :(

All kinds of pre-workout samples...
  • maryelgin1988
    Options
    Ahh, why did that post so many times? ! Makes me look obnoxious! haha
  • bkhamill
    bkhamill Posts: 1,289 Member
    Options
    Glinda1971 wrote: »
    I lost my purse and it's my own damned fault. :| I didn't secure it well on the back of my bike and I didn't notice when if fell off. When I retraced my route, I couldn't find it.

My whole life is in that purse, plus it was a pricey purse. And my phone - which is not attached to wifi so I can't erase it..

And my license and credit cards and medicare card and you name it plus my bank card and it's the weekend, so I'm cashless. And my id for work plus my bike and home key (which at least I have a duplicate)

I'm sorry that you lost your purse.

Hopefully someone will return it.

And you should get your home lock changed just in case since whoever found it has your address and key.

Someone broke into my hubbys truck a couple years ago, stole my purse. In the end, cost us over $2500. Had to replace the broken window on the truck, rekey the house, get all my cards replaced (license, cc's, etc.) Put a credit freeze on my id, replace my car keys - this alone was over $700 (darn cadillac key fob - pricey!) I also had over $500 cash in my purse due to my son paying me back that day for some money we had loaned him. It is not fun at all to lose or have your purse stolen!
  • spamarie
    spamarie Posts: 2,825 Member
    Options

Don't worry about it, happens all the time!
  • peleroja
    peleroja Posts: 3,979 Member
    Options
    TV: We have a big cable package with a bunch of extra crap (HBO etc) because my husband and our roommate neeeeeeeed the premium sports channels and they love haggling, so they have weaseled a bunch of add-ons out of the cable company because of what we already pay.

I only watch the Food Network and Animal Planet, pretty much, so I could live with no cable, but the guys need to be able to watch every hockey game being played worldwide all the time, with no freezing/buffering/etc., so cable it is.

I missed the creepy confession so I'm off to re-read.

Ice cream: I like it well enough but I rarely buy it because practically all the brands you can buy in stores here "may contain traces of peanuts" and I don't want to murder my husband by anaphylaxis. So I'm
  • maryelgin1988
    Options
    spamarie wrote: »

Don't worry about it, happens all the time!

thx. :)
  • BZAH10
    BZAH10 Posts: 5,710 Member
    Options

Per MONTH?! Ouch. Do you still have a large balance? Any option of a loan-forgiveness program?