Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    Options
    lelizmason wrote: »
    I feel terrible if my calories go into the red - even if I know that I've busted my booty exercising for the day. I will literally go outside my apt and run stairs for 15 mins to get it back in the green. Also, it really upsets me that you get NO calories "earned" from strength training!

I always thought you got some from strength training, but the benefits happened throughout the day rather than instantly with cardio?

As long as you're not overexercising then you should be good. I used to do that too when I followed MFP's way of calories.
  • raelynnsmama52512
    raelynnsmama52512 Posts: 1,184 Member
    Options
    crosbylee wrote: »
    MoHousdon wrote: »
    BZAH10 wrote: »
    I really love this thread. You guys have helped me through a pretty hard time, and I have seen you help so many other people through hard times as well. People on the internet can be awful, but they can also be great. Best thread ever.

Same here. This thread has affected my life in many ways. All good ways, which is why I struggle so much to keep up. But I have to accept that I cannot. I have to balance it out with real life, but I'll be here for as long as this thread exists!

Same for me too. I feel like I've really gotten to know some of you really well, especially when we did the real name thing. Several hundred pages back. I've learned a lot and am very grateful for all of you. Thanks for being so accepting and friendly. Never go away, okay?!

Is it too late for me to get in on that and tell everyone my name? Because I was just a lurker back then... I was just wondering about that yesterday!

Go for it. I was just a lurker then too. My name is Jody :)

Ooh, yay! I'm Sawsan. :) It's an Arabic name, and sounds nothing like Suzanne, which is what every non-Arab seems to call me. -_- It sounds like So-Sen (With a sssss sound, like in snake) and it means lily flower.

Can you tell that I was totally looking forward to sharing all that? :o

That is a beautiful name! I've got what has to be the most popular 90s kid name ever lol. One of the many reasons my kid has a relatively uncommon (but not "out there") name lol.

I hated my name so much and how popular it was that I gave my kids "European sounding" names- Aleksandar and Leonid. (they go by Aleks and Leo, though, which is about as common as you can get, guess).

My daughter's name is Raelynn, it's a mix of part of a childhood nickname for me (Rae) and my MIL's middle name (Lynn). Apparently it's supposed to be spelled Raelyn but we added the extra "n" on for MIL (she's the first female grandchild). Her middle name (Grace) is ridiculously trendy right now and I'm really glad we didn't make that her first name like we had thought about doing. I tried to go for something that couldn't really be shortened, but I guess it could be just shortened to either Rae or Lynn. And, no her name didn't come from the country singer RaeLynn. You would not believe how many people ask me that lol.

That's ok, you have no idea how many people ask me, "Like LeAnn Rimes?" Uhmmmm, just ....NO.

Lol, I actually like her music though!
  • MissKalhan
    MissKalhan Posts: 2,282 Member
    Options
    ShibaEars wrote: »
    Caught up, and I feel like I took over page 873 lol.

I watched this incredibly sad (& touching) video last night that has left me kind of an emotional wreck today. So there were a few more recent posts here that had me tearing up in a big way. It showed up on FB, but I think it says it's from vimeo.com It's called "Denali", if you're curious - BUT I wouldn't recommend watching it at work or anything, because if you're a dog lover/have a heart, you will most likely cry. I was ugly crying last night, and oh crap, I'm tearing up again.

Is that the short film about the dog?? I watched it yesterday and was a blubbering idiot in the office... >..>
  • BZAH10
    BZAH10 Posts: 5,709 Member
    Options
    Kalici wrote: »
    Confession: I'm a bad friend. My best friend is moving into a new house in a couple weeks. She created an event thing on Facebook asking people to come help them move. I have no desire to help them. I hate moving myself, why would I want to move someone else? I'm also not overly fond of her family, or her husband and his family (who will be there). What makes me feel worse about my laziness is that she's 8 months pregnant and isn't able to do any of the moving/lifting. In my defense she will have (at least) her husband, 2 brothers-in-law, 1 sister-in- law (and her boyfriend), and most likely both sets of parents moving them. So... with 7-9 people helping, do I really need to be there? I feel terrible, but I still don't want to do it.

Sometimes I feel like an alien from outer space. I see you all describe situations like this and I'm left blinking and wondering if it is normal to expect other people to help you move. I'd probably be suckered into it just because I wouldn't know whether or not I was supposed to do it. I don't think you should do it just because you feel terrible though.

I'm the same way. I don't get the "expectation". Then again I'm known as the meanie in real life because I drive a full size truck. It's often "assumed" I can / will help since I have a truck to help haul! NO. If I'm going out of town do I expect to drive your economy-sized car to save gas? Well alright then. Hire movers or figure it out. No one touches my truck. (sorry, rant, touchy subject for me)

My husband also has a truck (it's a lowered [read slammed] 63 long bed Chevrolet with VERY little ground clearance) and people are constantly asking him to help them move/haul things. He is a wonderful man so he rarely says no even when it could cause damage to his truck. He's just too nice sometimes. Well, most of the time.

Oh, he's MUCH nicer than me! There is no way I'd use a 63' Chevy to help people move. That would be a "show" car, not one used for hauling. I'm selfish, though.

I'm also the opposite: I prefer my trucks lifted. That way I can see everything in traffic that is happening around me and if anyone pulls out in front of me they get a grill in their rearview mirror.
  • ShibaEars
    ShibaEars Posts: 3,928 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    MissLaaber wrote: »

I watched this incredibly sad (& touching) video last night that has left me kind of an emotional wreck today. So there were a few more recent posts here that had me tearing up in a big way. It showed up on FB, but I think it says it's from vimeo.com It's called "Denali", if you're curious - BUT I wouldn't recommend watching it at work or anything, because if you're a dog lover/have a heart, you will most likely cry. I was ugly crying last night, and oh crap, I'm tearing up again.

Is that the short film about the dog?? I watched it yesterday and was a blubbering idiot in the office... >..>

Yes, I'm sure it's the same one. So sad. I lost my dog to cancer in October, she was my most favourite thing on the planet so the video hit me really hard.

ETA: To the person who said they can't use the word "died", I realize I can't use it when referring to my dog. I'll say I "lost" her, or she "passed" or even "euthanized", but I can't bring myself to say she "died".
  • berlynnwall
    berlynnwall Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    pofoster21 wrote: »
    LBuehrle8 wrote: »
    Just_Ceci wrote: »
    Jumping in on the name thing- I am Cecilia, named after my grandfather Cecil. One of my first bosses called me CC, which I morphed to Ceci. (My family calls me C-ya) My married name is of Greek origin and I love that I have a unique name!

I named my daughter Samantha (would have been Samuel if a boy), because I wanted a Sam. (She goes by Sami now.)

I love the name Cecilia! So pretty! I don't have kids or pets so I name my cars :) My first car in high school and college was named Goldie because she was gold, I know real original! My second car was named Grace because she was the color grey and my car now her name is Cecily! I call her Cess the sesspool haha even though I keep her very tidy! I named her Cecily because she's a Civic! My next car is going to be a Buick Encore and I've already decided to name her Bianca <3

PS. My dad said cars are always girls so I've always just named them girls names!

Fun fact: In Arabic we don't have a gender neutral word like "it" to call objects, so all objects have a gender and are either male or female, so we call them he or she depending on which gender the word falls under. Cars are, in fact, female. ;)

That is cool. Do you get to pick the gender? So can you decide a car is female and a table male? And someone else decide the reverse? Or is everyone aligned?

I'm guessing they are always the same. In Spanish, they have the same thing like "el sol" and "la cucaracha" if you see "el" in front of something, it's masculine, "la" for feminine.

But who made the decision?? Who got to pick?

I don't have any idea, and I'm actually trying to look it up because I'm interested too, but so far I'm having no luck. I've found a wikipedia article explaining the purpose of noun genders, but it doesn't have a "history of" section.

• rungirl1973
    rungirl1973 Posts: 2,559 Member
    Options
    TigerNY128 wrote: »
    festerw wrote: »
    The Smart Ones Chicken Strips and Fries I just had for lunch merely angered me, so I'm eating 2 Oreo Pop Tarts as well.

Sounds reasonable to me!

Same here... I wonder if they have Oreo pop tarts in the market upstairs? My tuna sandwich at lunch made me a little angry, too. Or I could walk next door to the Kroger or CVS. It's not even 1pm and I've already eaten my almonds that I usually save until right before I leave.
  • MissKalhan
    MissKalhan Posts: 2,282 Member
    Options
    MissLaaber wrote: »

Yes, I'm sure it's the same one. So sad. I lost my dog to cancer in October, she was my most favourite thing on the planet so the video hit me really hard.

I completely get it, we just put my dog down two weeks ago. It was a beautiful tribute

• ShibaEars
    ShibaEars Posts: 3,928 Member
    Options
    Confession: I'm a bad friend. My best friend is moving into a new house in a couple weeks. She created an event thing on Facebook asking people to come help them move. I have no desire to help them. I hate moving myself, why would I want to move someone else? I'm also not overly fond of her family, or her husband and his family (who will be there). What makes me feel worse about my laziness is that she's 8 months pregnant and isn't able to do any of the moving/lifting. In my defense she will have (at least) her husband, 2 brothers-in-law, 1 sister-in- law (and her boyfriend), and most likely both sets of parents moving them. So... with 7-9 people helping, do I really need to be there? I feel terrible, but I still don't want to do it.

Sometimes I feel like an alien from outer space. I see you all describe situations like this and I'm left blinking and wondering if it is normal to expect other people to help you move. I'd probably be suckered into it just because I wouldn't know whether or not I was supposed to do it. I don't think you should do it just because you feel terrible though.

I'm the same way. I don't get the "expectation". Then again I'm known as the meanie in real life because I drive a full size truck. It's often "assumed" I can / will help since I have a truck to help haul! NO. If I'm going out of town do I expect to drive your economy-sized car to save gas? Well alright then. Hire movers or figure it out. No one touches my truck. (sorry, rant, touchy subject for me)

My husband also has a truck (it's a lowered [read slammed] 63 long bed Chevrolet with VERY little ground clearance) and people are constantly asking him to help them move/haul things. He is a wonderful man so he rarely says no even when it could cause damage to his truck. He's just too nice sometimes. Well, most of the time.

Oh, he's MUCH nicer than me! There is no way I'd use a 63' Chevy to help people move. That would be a "show" car, not one used for hauling. I'm selfish, though.

I'm also the opposite: I prefer my trucks lifted. That way I can see everything in traffic that is happening around me and if anyone pulls out in front of me they get a grill in their rearview mirror.

You're the one blinding me with their headlights? :tongue:
  • rungirl1973
    Options
    nonoelmo wrote: »
    Confession: I'm not on facebook as I don't often (this thread exception) put much online. I felt that with my career I may at some point need a high security clearance and just felt as I have friends of all types I didn't want to be judged by their opinions (especially as I might not share their opinions) I have a LinkedIn and a twitter and they are strictly professional.

Background: I am very middle of the road politically. I took a quiz and am really not any particular party. I read up and vote on each thing individually and ignore the sound bites and hype and noise. I was on Facebook for a short time. Every time my aunt posted to my page trying to get dramatically far to one side politically I'd make a donation in her honor to the person she opposed.

Stealing this :) My family is divided between Republicans v Democrats and like most things in life it cracks me up! They all get so heated over it I just sit in the middle and feel like I'm watching a tennis match going back and forth- kind of like on the main forums!

Ooooooh! Brilliant idea! I think I'm going to start donating to the NAACP in my sister-in-law's name every time she posts something racist or hateful on Facebook. I may be broke by the end of the month.
  • JPW1990
    JPW1990 Posts: 2,424 Member
    Options
    Francl27 wrote: »
    Skipping 4 pages just to say that I found the Halo Top ice cream at Wegmans. They only had vanilla.

And I'm completely shocked because it's actually VERY good.

Confession: Part of me wishes you had said it was terrible. The other part of me is totally going to my Wegmans tomorrow.

Same here. I guess I'll find out when I do my Costco run next week, since it's not far from the stores that have it.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options
    festerw wrote: »
    The Smart Ones Chicken Strips and Fries I just had for lunch merely angered me, so I'm eating 2 Oreo Pop Tarts as well.

I laughed out loud at this.
    I have to confess that although I've been feeling this way for a while now (not sure why) I lost all interest in continuing to work at my current job yesterday while talking to the owner of my company. It's not even that I want a DIFFERENT job, I just don't want to work. at all. period. Honestly, if it weren't for the benefits I get (really inexpensive insurance, 2 weeks of vacation, 3 sick/personal days, free fitness center, and a pretty decent wage), I would quit and be a SAHM even though my daughter is 13.

You know, it's funny, so many people I know wish they could be a SAHM... but I wish I could work, lol! I'm not a people person but I still miss human interaction. Honestly, if it wasn't for Internet I'd feel very lonely, I think. I moved here 5 years ago and I really have no friends (except a couple other moms I talk to once a week after school while the kids play). Mostly it's the sense of accomplishment I'm missing... but I guess I never really felt it while I was working either. It is sad when the only things I accomplish in a day is catching up on laundry, doing groceries, and cooking dinner (and making laundry soap. Which I still haven't done).

I mean, I enjoy the free time obviously, but I'm afraid in 10 years I'll look back and will have accomplished absolutely nothing, and won't even be able to find a job.
    Francl27 wrote: »
    Skipping 4 pages just to say that I found the Halo Top ice cream at Wegmans. They only had vanilla.

And I'm completely shocked because it's actually VERY good.

Confession: Part of me wishes you had said it was terrible. The other part of me is totally going to my Wegmans tomorrow.

I want to go again now and buy the last 3 pints LOL. But I'm lazy. And I have too much ice cream in the freezer.

• Susieq_1994
    Susieq_1994 Posts: 5,361 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    Jumping in on the name thing- I am Cecilia, named after my grandfather Cecil. One of my first bosses called me CC, which I morphed to Ceci. (My family calls me C-ya) My married name is of Greek origin and I love that I have a unique name!

I named my daughter Samantha (would have been Samuel if a boy), because I wanted a Sam. (She goes by Sami now.)

I love the name Cecilia! So pretty! I don't have kids or pets so I name my cars :) My first car in high school and college was named Goldie because she was gold, I know real original! My second car was named Grace because she was the color grey and my car now her name is Cecily! I call her Cess the sesspool haha even though I keep her very tidy! I named her Cecily because she's a Civic! My next car is going to be a Buick Encore and I've already decided to name her Bianca <3

PS. My dad said cars are always girls so I've always just named them girls names!

Fun fact: In Arabic we don't have a gender neutral word like "it" to call objects, so all objects have a gender and are either male or female, so we call them he or she depending on which gender the word falls under. Cars are, in fact, female. ;)

That is cool. Do you get to pick the gender? So can you decide a car is female and a table male? And someone else decide the reverse? Or is everyone aligned?

I'm guessing they are always the same. In Spanish, they have the same thing like "el sol" and "la cucaracha" if you see "el" in front of something, it's masculine, "la" for feminine.

Some fusty old 2000 year old grammarians, obviously! ;)
  • rungirl1973
    Options

Do you need some money for a U-Haul? I believe that would be my standard response.
  • reesiecups09
    reesiecups09 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    After I have a good work out and take my shower (I usually work out at night) I put on skin firming lotion and wrap myself in saran wrap. haha It was on pinterest as a cheap substitute for the wraps. I wear it all night. It really does help with losing a little before my weigh ins & it's helped firm my skin back up, but it's super embarrassing walking around like last nights leftovers! haha
  • BZAH10
    Options
    MilicaX wrote: »
    I have a drug problem.

Seek help sooner rather than later! Trust me. 11 days in detox, 35 days in rehab and a move to a place I didn't know a soul and now 8 years clean!!

Congratulations! That is quite an accomplishment! I have four people in my life right now struggling with addictions. It's so very painful to watch them spiral down because there's nothing we can do. It's up to them to want to change. Two of them have been in rehab multiple times. The other two are in and out of jail. Two of these four people have babies under the age of one.

It's very encouraging to hear from someone like you who came out victorious!

I am sorry to hear about your friends. Hugs to you. I hope they find the help they need. I wish I could show those people just how wonderful life can be afterwards if they could just believe in themselves enough to know they deserve to be happy.

Thank you for that! I do hope they can all get through this sooner than later.
  • ythannah
    ythannah Posts: 4,365 Member
    Options

I once saw a bumper sticker on a truck that read, "YES it's my truck and NO I won't help you move". I wanted one of those, since I owned a full size truck at the time... never could find it. This obviously predated my Amazon addiction.

Now I have a mini truck. Short box. Nobody thinks of it as a moving truck.
  • BZAH10
    Options
    peleroja wrote: »

Fun fact: English used to have gendered articles too but its declensions have lessened as it has evolved. Unsurprising considering that both the germanic and latinate parent languages of English have them too, for the most part.

Declensions in general (that's grammatical gender, case, and number) have always been a feature of language but in my understanding, it's anyone's guess how that stuff really began. The theory behind it is fascinating though. I have a modern languages (Spanish/French major) degree so the historical stuff is not something I know a ton about, but it's definitely interesting.
    I took an Old English class in University and suffered. So many different cases to memorize. It was pretty difficult, but fascinating. And we got to read The Hobbit, which I adore! :smiley:

EDIT: Confession: I have been editing so many of my posts because I notice typos all over the place. I can't believe this and am so irritated at myself- I HATE BAD SPELLING/GRAMMAR! My keyboard is a little bit stuck, so at least I can pass some blame onto it ;) (Also, I just had a glass of champagne).

A sticky keyboard and drinking champagne?! You get a pass for any typos and bad grammar. Besides, you spelled "champagne" correctly while drinking it, so who cares about any other supposed typos? :)
  • KylerJaye
    KylerJaye Posts: 861 Member
    Options
    So, I don't know if anyone remembers my wedding drama from way back in April*, but the short story is that my "best friend" would rather never talk to me again that work out our issues. I feel like I've broken up with a spouse. She and I have been friends longer than I've known my husband. I don't even really understand how she got this mad, and she won't tell me. And that is why I'm taking the Boo Radley challenge (not really, but I'm very sad).

*Cliff notes: She was helping me plan, I decided to elope for many valid reasons, she couldn't make it, she felt I cut her out.

:(
    I remember that. It always stinks to lose a friendship. It was your day.

Also, never loan money to a friend. I have been without one of my best friends for years because I loaned her something like $600 in 2004 (which I never saw again, even though she took her kids to Cancun with her tax refund a few months after the loan). Honestly, I don't even care about that money. We've been trying to rebuild the friendship over the past couple of years, and it's been really tough - even harder because I don't live in the same town anymore.

i lost my best friend about 10 years ago over trivial crap. we went to high school together, college together, shared an apartment at one point and were basically joined at the hip.

i loaned her money so we could go see tori amos together and she paid me back, so all cool. she wanted to go to more shows and i was always in charge of getting the tickets. even though i was only making minimum wage at the time, i had the stupidity of youth on my side and a discover card in my pocket, so i could always come through. two shows popped up that were in the 2-3 hour away range and i bought the tickets for us. i'd also loaned her money for a concert t-shirt and a bunch of books she wanted. about a week before the concert she tells me she can't go, doesn't have the money. didn't really seem to care that the tickets were already paid for. got in a massive fight on the phone and i got really frustrated and hung up on her.

i tried calling her the next day but she wouldn't answer the phone. i left her messages saying that even though she didn't have the money, i still had the tickets, so we might as well go and have fun. no reply. also, prior to the fight, i had entered an essay contest to have our seats upgraded to the front row at the show, then found out after the fight that i had won. but me still being a total doormat wanted to surprise her with the upgrade, so i kept leaving her messages alluding to how totally awesome this show was going to be. i probably left her about a dozen messages, up to the morning of the show. no answer, no reply. i tried calling her from my phone at work, she answered (not knowing the number) i said hi, and she hung up.

i waited a few months and sent her a couple emails. nothing. then after a couple years i tried reaching out to her again...nothing. i never heard another word from her. i still miss her :/
  • berlynnwall
    berlynnwall Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    kelly_c_77 wrote: »
    KrisiAnnH wrote: »
    Ok so folks that remember the litany of cats in my life... Porch Kitty showed up today with...3 kittens. God help me.

Oh no! I went through a period where every animal I had was somehow pregnant. I rescued a cat whose owners just moved out of our apartment building and left her - she gave birth to three kittens about a month later.

Then, I adopted a hamster from the pet store. The next morning I heard a strange noise and low and behold she had given birth overnight, which was weird because they supposedly separate them by gender in the store. I guess I can't blame them though - because it's pretty hard to tell. After they were weaned I bought a separate cage for the boys, and one of the girls still somehow got pregnant again before I could find homes for all of them. I felt like a hamster mill.

Same with the hamster for me! My college boyfriend and I got one as a pet (my boyfriend picked it out..thought he was so cute because he was so happy and "dancing" along the side of the cage). Anyway, 2 weeks later, we woke up to find 9 babies in the cage with "him" (obviously not a him!). We called the pet store to see what we could do and they said "Sorry, we don't take animals from local breeders"...Umm, noooo...we didn't breed anything! You sold us a pregnant hamster. Apparently, hamsters are only pregnant for 2 weeks...so we laughed that the reason our hamster seemed so happy and dancing in the cage was because it had just mated with another!
    Anyway...we ended up with 10 hamsters! :(

This made me laugh, similar thing happened to my parents when I was about 6. They bought us our first family pets, 2 rats (hated the idea at the time but they were lovely little things). A few weeks after my parents heard me shrieking from downstairs because there were 'fat pink things' in the cage. My brother and I tried to convince my parents to keep the 7 babies but in the end they gave the 2 originals and some of the babies back and we kept 4 haha.

On an unrelated note, confession for today; I went out for lunch with some Uni friends to celebrate the end of term, only had mushroom soup and half a baguette, but guestimated towards the higher end calorie wise just to be safe. Had every intention of coming home to work out and burn it off as the guestimation was eating into my daily allowance, but I'm now at home with my stomach feeling rubbish :( hopefully I'll have perked up enough to do it later, but it's not looking good.

On the plus side, I got an essay back today and I got a pretty good grade, so at least something good has come from today haha

Haha! I think pet stores clearly need to do a better job separating the rodents! And nice job on the essay grade...think of your lunch as a nice treat for doing well..(if you don't end up working out)!
    Ok so folks that remember the litany of cats in my life... Porch Kitty showed up today with...3 kittens. God help me.

Oh no! I went through a period where every animal I had was somehow pregnant. I rescued a cat whose owners just moved out of our apartment building and left her - she gave birth to three kittens about a month later.

Then, I adopted a hamster from the pet store. The next morning I heard a strange noise and low and behold she had given birth overnight, which was weird because they supposedly separate them by gender in the store. I guess I can't blame them though - because it's pretty hard to tell. After they were weaned I bought a separate cage for the boys, and one of the girls still somehow got pregnant again before I could find homes for all of them. I felt like a hamster mill.

Same with the hamster for me! My college boyfriend and I got one as a pet (my boyfriend picked it out..thought he was so cute because he was so happy and "dancing" along the side of the cage). Anyway, 2 weeks later, we woke up to find 9 babies in the cage with "him" (obviously not a him!). We called the pet store to see what we could do and they said "Sorry, we don't take animals from local breeders"...Umm, noooo...we didn't breed anything! You sold us a pregnant hamster. Apparently, hamsters are only pregnant for 2 weeks...so we laughed that the reason our hamster seemed so happy and dancing in the cage was because it had just mated with another!
    Anyway...we ended up with 10 hamsters! :(

That is EXACTLY what happened with my hamster! She was the only one happy and moving around, all the other ones were asleep. I just thought she was lively :smiley:

So funny! I guess we all know now NOT to get the happy/excited ones unless we're looking for an entire family!

A cautionary tale :expressionless: