Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• raelynnsmama52512
    raelynnsmama52512 Posts: 1,184 Member
    Options
    So, I went online to check on some things for school and found that since I failed two classes this semester, I've lost my financial aid eligibility. Meaning, I'll have to sign up for 6 credit hours, pay out of pocket, and pass them with a C or better before I can get aid again. I'd had a feeling something like this would happen, but it's still a bit of a bummer.
  • kecmw25
    kecmw25 Posts: 2,743 Member
    Options
    Get your popcorns ready!!!

Yesterday I was in the breakroom it was 12:00pm. My employee Stinky Rick whom I've mentioned before was just finishing up his lunch and heading back to our warehouse. I receive a phone call from my boss on my cellphone at 12:02.

Boss: "Where you at"
    AOJ: "I'm in the breakroom"
    Boss: "Why doesn't Rick know you're on break?"
    AOJ: "Rick literally just left me in the breakroom, he knows exactly where I am"
    Boss: "Not according to him, I need to see you when you're done"
    AOJ: "I'll be right there."

I get into her office

Boss: "What's going on with you, you haven't responded to any of my emails"
    AOJ: "I've responded to all of your emails"
    Boss: "We talked about them on the phone, but you didn't reply to the email"
    AOJ: "We talked about them, the issues were resolved, there didn't need to be a reply."
    Boss: "I'd appreciate it if you replied to my email"

She reiterates that somethings off. I talk to her about a couple issues that were bothering me.

Useless Manager becoming a Director, how I'm a supervisor that has to enforce operating procedures to managers who question me at every turn and go over my head with everything which totally demeans my position.

And she responds with "If you're so unhappy, find something else."

And that's when I blurted out "I did."

Her retort "Where do you think you're going to get a job working 8-5 monday through friday with weekends and holidays."

I said "Actually, I'll be getting even more holidays like Columbus Day, MLK Day, 1/2 day on Dec 23rd, December 24th and 25th off, oh and I'll be off at 430 every day, and in the off chance I'm not I'll be getting over time"

Her eyes got huge.

She locked herself in her office for 2 hours after that.

YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! I knew it was gonna be good!!!

Yep, that was awesome! Bet it felt good

• Susieq_1994
    Susieq_1994 Posts: 5,361 Member
    Options
    I confess that I'm always surprised when someone replies to or acknowledges any of my posts here, because in "real life" I'm very invisible to other people (purposely, since I have anxiety) and tend to fade into the background of any and all social interactions that might take place. I'm generally noticed about as much as a doormat... ;)
  • Just_Ceci
    Just_Ceci Posts: 5,926 Member
    Options
    So, I went online to check on some things for school and found that since I failed two classes this semester, I've lost my financial aid eligibility. Meaning, I'll have to sign up for 6 credit hours, pay out of pocket, and pass them with a C or better before I can get aid again. I'd had a feeling something like this would happen, but it's still a bit of a bummer.

My daughter is going through the same thing because she drooped one of the two classes she was registered for this semester (because she was failing it) and she was already on probation. :neutral:
  • rungirl1973
    rungirl1973 Posts: 2,559 Member
    Options
    kecmw25 wrote: »
    Lefty1290 wrote: »
    m1xm0d3 wrote: »
    LBuehrle8 wrote: »
    I can't handle people on lots of these threads don't know the difference between "your" and "you're"...I apologize if I sound like a snob but it really grinds my gears. :s

What really gets ME is when I see someone use 'than' instead of 'then'. Poor grammar in general bothers me but I do admit I am a bit anal about it.

Oh, that one bugs me too!!!

The worst I've ever seen is "thoughs" instead of those. I'm just like ?????????? - Where does that come from?

I'm a huge spelling/grammar freak. lol The lack of spell check from people these days makes me so mad.

Confession: When I was six months into MFP, I did a 6 month progress post and I spelled it progess. Didn't even notice it at first.

When I first started my current job as a Food Buyer, I received a fax (dating myself I know) from one of my vendors Celebrating 99% "Accruacy" in orders filled complete. I still rib that dude about it every now and then.

I once reported to a director who constantly misused words and sent emails out with typos. One of his frequent ones was "seams" in place of "seems". Once, he was sending a note to the executive team (this was a huge, multi-billion dollar company). He sent it over to co-worker and I to make sure he got the details correct before sending it to the executives. Co-worker and I could not in good conscience send it back to him without correcting the typos and misspelled words. (We may have had a few giggles at his expense).

He sent it to the executives WITH the misspelled words anyway!!

I found out that after I left that company, he was the first one of our group that they let go during the latest downsizing effort.
  • Tubbs216
    Tubbs216 Posts: 6,597 Member
    Options
    I confess that I'm always surprised when someone replies to or acknowledges any of my posts here, because in "real life" I'm very invisible to other people (purposely, since I have anxiety) and tend to fade into the background of any and all social interactions that might take place. I'm generally noticed about as much as a doormat... ;)

HELLO!!!!! :)
  • BZAH10
    BZAH10 Posts: 5,709 Member
    Options
    MoHousdon wrote: »
    BZAH10 wrote: »
    BZAH10 wrote: »
    My daughter's stupid dog attacked a baby bunny in our backyard this morning. I'm SO over that little a-hole monster. If she didn't love him so much, he'd be gone. Mind you, he's a Chihuahua/minpin mix and he's far more vicious than my pit has EVER been.

Any chance of hiring a dog trainer? I did that as a gift to my son when he ended up with two untrained dogs within a short time frame and unexpectedly and was going crazy. It was pricey, but if you find the right trainer (which thankfully we did after some searching) they train the human to train the dog. That way you have the knowledge and skills not just for this dog but for any you may have in the future. It was well worth the price. Just a suggestion. (He and both the dogs are very happy now!)

That's the thing. We had a dog already when we got this little effer and she is an amazing companion animal. He was a product of my husband's parents dogs which are bonkers. Not only that, but he was with my SIL for a while and her youngest daughter did nothing but torture him (not actual torture, but close enough) constantly.

We were hoping that he'd follow our other dog's lead (she's incredible) and pick up good habits and obedience. That is not the case AT ALL. He basically refuses to poop outside unless someone stays out there with him, which we don't always have time to do, so he's been using my basement as a toilet.

He barks and growls and even nips at my husband constantly, he has terrible separation anxiety from my daughter. We even bought him one of those Thundershirts that are supposed to help with all kinds of stuff, they even have a 100% money back guarantee and he ate the side of it. He chews on anything, just completely destroys almost everything.

This sounds terrible, but I feel as though we've already spent enough money on this little demon even though we didn't pay for him, we spent A LOT at the vet and on supplies, not to mention all the things we've had to replace that he's destroyed, I don't know if I want to put anymore money in him. I never wanted a puppy in the first place.

That's a tough situation. I get it. Does it respond favorably to treats? One basic training technique is this small, hand-held clicker. Try googling some training techniques because all of your family members can do them. It's so frustrating to not have them listen to you at all, so I understand what you're saying.

No, he's a total a-hole. We've tried a lot of different things, and he just doesn't care.

Well, then, I'm out of ideas. Poor thing. Sounds like he was mistreated from the beginning and has long-term affects. It's so hard with animals because they can't tell you what would help them or what they need. Sorry for your troubles!
  • kellienw335
    kellienw335 Posts: 1,745 Member
    Options
    Confession #1: in the gym today I was feeling awesome (see my post about a pink coat) so doe the last 200 metres of my 5k I pushed the treadmill to 12kph and sprinted. I was running so fast my trousers slipped down my bum, but I didn't stop until I hit 5k.

Confession #2: thanks to this thread, I don't wear underwear in the gym anymore. Meaning I was flashing everyone.

I am choosing to take this as a sign my trousers are getting too big (or my hips are getting a wee bit smaller
    Total win!

That is awesome!
  • Susieq_1994
    Susieq_1994 Posts: 5,361 Member
    Options
    Tubbs216 wrote: »

HELLO!!!!! :)

Hello there! ;)
  • jesikalovesyou
    jesikalovesyou Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    Momakanga wrote: »
    Confession #1- I just read the last few pages and there is a post I want to judge- harshly.

Confession #2- I had two (to, too for those of you discussing grammar :smiley: out there) bite size cupcakes for breakfast.

@AgentOrangeJuice- Good for you!!!!!!!

If the post you're talking about is mine, I completely understand! I would be furious if I read it myself. I don't understand why I feel this way. People lead different lives and go through different struggles. Why should I judge anyone??
  • raelynnsmama52512
    raelynnsmama52512 Posts: 1,184 Member
    Options
    Just_Ceci wrote: »

My daughter is going through the same thing because she drooped one of the two classes she was registered for this semester (because she was failing it) and she was already on probation. :neutral:
    Yeah, I was on "warning" last semester because I withdrew from there a few years ago and didn't complete the semester. I got an email before this one started saying I had satisfied most of the requirements, but I guess I was still considered under the "warning" status. It'll be after taxes come back next year, but I'll go back and pay for it I guess lol. Hope everything works out for your daughter! :smile:
  • BZAH10
    Options

Oh no! That stinks. Well, I'm sure you'll pass them this time.
  • italiangurl1972
    italiangurl1972 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    i dont exercise as often as i shuld
  • FroggyBug
    FroggyBug Posts: 4,883 Member
    Options
    I totally know how you feel. I hate getting handed lab coats on site visits and knowing there's no way it'll do up and having to get get one that drowns me most places to do up over my hips. My favourite situation is when they apologise that they only have xxl or something and they're too big for everyone.

You can definitely climb that mountain though. Go out and get a coat you feel comfortable in and you can do it!

This made me think of doctor offices too. The gowns they give are usually too small. I've had to wear 2 before-one in front and one in back. I have big legs too so when I went to have my knee checked they gave me shorts to wear. They said xxl but were really tight.

But I agree. Go climb a mountain. It sounds awesome!

• BZAH10
    Options
    I am finally caught up...for now. I have several confessions to make so bare (just kidding) with me.

1. My step-daughter (the one that lost the baby) and her boyfriend broke up on Mother's Day, so she will be living with us for the time being. The being may be several years because she's wanting to go to college and can't afford to do so living on her own. I have all the emotions about this.
    2. My cat that I've had for over 10 years has been missing since last week. We live in kind of a wooded area with coyotes and hoot owls along with other creatures and I'm afraid he became dinner for something. The confession part; I'm not as torn up about his possible demise as I rightly should be. I feel terrible about that but I think it's because of all the other "stuff" I have going on right now.
    3. The flight is booked, resort reservations are made, and rental car is reserved for my husband and I's 15 year anniversary trip. We are going to Siesta Key, Florida for 7 days and I am super excited and terrified simultaneously. I have only flown once, when I was 5, have never been to the beach (live in Kansas), am extremely pale (see above) so I'll probably be horribly sunburned, and it will unfortunately be during my TOM, so that's going to be horribly uncomfortable.
    4. I have spent the last 3+ hours catching up on this thread as I was terribly behind because of having been so busy last week.

I'm sure there are a lot more, but I really should attempt to do some sort of work today. :*

How old is your step-daughter? Good for her for wanting to go to college, but I can clearly see how you'd have mixed feelings about that.

Sorry about your cat! Hope it either returns home safely or had a quick, painless demise.

Enjoy the anniversary trip! Depending on birth control, can't you take something to avoid TOM one time so that you don't have to worry about it? I had a medical procedure done as soon as I was done having kids (and had my tubes tied) because there was NO way I was going to deal with periods for the rest of my life.
  • kecmw25
    kecmw25 Posts: 2,743 Member
    Options
    I confess that I had a big stack of work on my desk this morning and I wished I would have saved some of it. I need something to pretend I'm doing when any of my coworkers come out of their office and I'm on the internet.
  • TigerNY128
    TigerNY128 Posts: 763 Member
    Options
    @AgentOrangeJuice

That is so great!!! Way to go out in a big way!!
  • TigerNY128
    TigerNY128 Posts: 763 Member
    Options
    ShibaEars wrote: »
    My dinner last night consisted of: a reheated hotdog (no bun), a huge ice cream cone (cookie dough) and 4 cookies. I haven't logged it yet...

Yum!!
  • JPW1990
    JPW1990 Posts: 2,424 Member
    Options
    Get your popcorns ready!!!

Yesterday I was in the breakroom it was 12:00pm. My employee Stinky Rick whom I've mentioned before was just finishing up his lunch and heading back to our warehouse. I receive a phone call from my boss on my cellphone at 12:02.

Boss: "Where you at"
    AOJ: "I'm in the breakroom"
    Boss: "Why doesn't Rick know you're on break?"
    AOJ: "Rick literally just left me in the breakroom, he knows exactly where I am"
    Boss: "Not according to him, I need to see you when you're done"
    AOJ: "I'll be right there."

I get into her office

Boss: "What's going on with you, you haven't responded to any of my emails"
    AOJ: "I've responded to all of your emails"
    Boss: "We talked about them on the phone, but you didn't reply to the email"
    AOJ: "We talked about them, the issues were resolved, there didn't need to be a reply."
    Boss: "I'd appreciate it if you replied to my email"

She reiterates that somethings off. I talk to her about a couple issues that were bothering me.

Useless Manager becoming a Director, how I'm a supervisor that has to enforce operating procedures to managers who question me at every turn and go over my head with everything which totally demeans my position.

And she responds with "If you're so unhappy, find something else."

And that's when I blurted out "I did."

Her retort "Where do you think you're going to get a job working 8-5 monday through friday with weekends and holidays."

I said "Actually, I'll be getting even more holidays like Columbus Day, MLK Day, 1/2 day on Dec 23rd, December 24th and 25th off, oh and I'll be off at 430 every day, and in the off chance I'm not I'll be getting over time"

Her eyes got huge.

She locked herself in her office for 2 hours after that.

How's the air in there today - is she in war mode or scared mode?
  • BZAH10
    Options
    Confession: I cannot stand slower than time pedestrians crossing the street. I'm saying this as a person who walks every day and rides in a car maybe once a week. If there is tons of traffic and a car had to stop to let you pass, hurry the heck up. Everyone wants to get where they are going, not just you.

I so agree with this! If a car stopped to let me cross the street, I always hurry across extra-quick. It's my way of thanking them for stopping just for me. ;)

And thank you for being considerate! I saw a meme one time about this that said, "If I slow my car down so you can cross the street I expect to see some pep in your step! Knees to chest, people. Knees to chest." (a bit extreme, but conveys the point)