Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• Glinda1971
    Glinda1971 Posts: 2,328 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options

My
    [="Francl27;32842296"]I confess that after hearing everyone butchering my name, I just decided to use very common and traditional names for my kids. And also considered changing my name when I got my US citizenship a year ago... just decided against it because I didn't want more paperwork.

Even though I had a popular name, I named my kids traditional names. I tried not to give them a top 10 name like mine, but I did choose regular names with regular spellings. I 100% don't judge what other parents do. I feel like I have to say that. Not judgmental!

Also, I don't plan to change my last name since being married. My oldest has my last name and I feel like it would be pretty crappy to leave him as the only one with that name. Also, I don't care about that particular tradition and my husband doesn't care either. We know we are married. [/quote]

My husband would love if I change mine, but I've had this last name for 43 years. The different last name is just not me.

If that makes sense.
  • festerw
    festerw Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    Ryudori wrote: »
    Confession: I'm terribly immature and I giggle every time I see someone post a topic like "Tips for eating out."

I had to sit through safety training a couple months ago and the instructor kept saying "the erection of scaffolding" or "erecting scaffolding" and I giggled every time.
  • Oberon21
    Oberon21 Posts: 13,235 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    LBuehrle8 wrote: »
    Just_Ceci wrote: »
    Jumping in on the name thing- I am Cecilia, named after my grandfather Cecil. One of my first bosses called me CC, which I morphed to Ceci. (My family calls me C-ya) My married name is of Greek origin and I love that I have a unique name!

I named my daughter Samantha (would have been Samuel if a boy), because I wanted a Sam. (She goes by Sami now.)

I love the name Cecilia! So pretty! I don't have kids or pets so I name my cars :) My first car in high school and college was named Goldie because she was gold, I know real original! My second car was named Grace because she was the color grey and my car now her name is Cecily! I call her Cess the sesspool haha even though I keep her very tidy! I named her Cecily because she's a Civic! My next car is going to be a Buick Encore and I've already decided to name her Bianca <3

PS. My dad said cars are always girls so I've always just named them girls names!

Fun fact: In Arabic we don't have a gender neutral word like "it" to call objects, so all objects have a gender and are either male or female, so we call them he or she depending on which gender the word falls under. Cars are, in fact, female. ;)

That is cool. Do you get to pick the gender? So can you decide a car is female and a table male? And someone else decide the reverse? Or is everyone aligned?
  • Lois_1989
    Lois_1989 Posts: 6,406 Member
    Options
    Lefty1290 wrote: »
    FroggyBug wrote: »
    kecmw25 wrote: »
    I confess that I am addicted to chapstick. I carry it with me everywhere. I mention this because I just had a 2nd one bite the dust on me this week and I'm so glad I have a spare in my desk at work. It doesn't have to be the Chapstick brand. I will try all kinds and probably have 10 tubes at home. I bought myself some for my Christmas stocking last year.

Same here. I love chapstick/lip gloss. I have a ton already but I always want more.

Confession: As a kid I used to eat chapstick. My favorites were mint and cherry. :)

I'm not addicted to chapstick, but I had bad chapped lips a couple of months ago and stopped in Books-A-Million at while at the mall and bought a tube of Burt's Bees Ultra Conditioning. Holy crap, what a godsend. It healed my lips in like 4-5 days. No balm has ever done that. I would just suffer and let it dry out/peel before. I will never buy anything else ever again.

I love Burt's Bees, I have the hand cream. It has lasted ages because you only need a tiny bit at a time.
  • Oberon21
    Options
    Confession: I'm rather disappointed that by the time @pofoster21 comes back online, my response to her about my book will be totally buried under the mountain of posts and she won't get to see it since she reads backwards. :(

(If you read this first, my response is somewhere between pages 657 and 659. I kind of gave a detailed backstory about the book and provided the link you requested.) :)

I am reading backwards but I'll get there! I always get back to my leaving point! You knowing I would do that totally made me laugh!
  • Oberon21
    Options
    Francl27 wrote: »
    Confession - I am low on protein today because I decided to have some frozen yogurt with my 200 leftover calories, instead of something with more protein, because I *gasp* wasn't hungry.

Confession #2 - I am amazed when people bump 2.5 yo threads. How do people even find them?

They may search for a certain topic. I have done that.
  • Glinda1971
    Options
    bkhamill wrote: »
    I have to go get a cervical biopsy in a few minutes. I'm not looking forward to this.

Hope everything went well!!

Me too!
  • LBuehrle8
    LBuehrle8 Posts: 4,044 Member
    Options
    It's taken me a couple weeks to work up the courage to post this. I didn't want anyone to think I'm just being stupid...

From senior year in high school on I was morbidly obese. My highest weight hit at 400 lbs. Now that I've lost over 170 lbs I'm trying to be more self conscious about the way I walk. Like walking with my back straight, improving my posture, etc. Including trying to walk 'sexy' and make sure my butt doesn't jiggle.

I obviously can't tell if I'm actually walking sexy or walking like I have a stick up my butt, but hey I know my butts not jiggling. :blush:

Wow! Congrats on losing so much that's amazing!!
  • Oberon21
    Options
    BZAH10 wrote: »
    pofoster21 wrote: »
    Ok, so what would you all think about your husband/boyfriend/SO sexting coworkers.

I'm stuggling with my feelings right now. :(

All of the NOPE! Not okay! It's cheating...

Thanks for the replies guys. This is why my heart is broken and I've been so (BEYOND) depressed lately. I haven't talked to him since last Sunday. I have cried every day.

I did the bad thing and checked on his phone because he's been so secretive (I was able to guess the password). I saw a lot of things that I never wanted to see.

I love him so I'm struggling with my feelings right now. I know most people can't change but maybe therapy? I don't know. I am in that strange place where I don't want to be without him but I don't want to be with him if he can't change. :'(

Sorry to complain. I feel like it's cheating too since it's a violation of trust and he is being inappropriate. We are going to meet up Friday to talk. This is the guy I've been with for almost 11 years.

I would be pissed, like I said in my last post, I would want to freak out.....

I have read a lot of the posts that say it is a deal breaker, and while some people feel that way, I do not always think it is that easy.

If it is some guy you have been with a few months or something, of course, get out right away. But if it is someone you have been with for many years and otherwise the relationship is good and this is not repeat behavior, IMO you really have to decide if it is something worth throwing the whole relationship out.

I know this might not be a popular opinion, but I do not believe the monogamy is natural for humans. Most animals are not monogamous. Even if you are doing your best to be monogamous, sometimes you become drawn to something you cannot control.

I am a firm believer that some people will always cheat, and some people may never, but given the right set of circumstances EVERYONE is capable of cheating. Ever see the movie Unfaithful? Perfect example.

I actually agree with you that people are not naturally monogamous. But unless both sides are aware and have a agreement to behave or think openly about that, sexting or carrying on a affair is cheating. You are breaking an agreement between 2 people to have a singular and committed relationship, and you are hiding this fact from the other person in the relationship. That is what I object to. If you need the rules of the relationship changed, you need a discussion with your partner and they either agree or don't agree. Sneaking around behind someone's back is always wrong.

I am not disagreeing, I consider it cheating as well. My point was that it is really hard for most people to be monogamous because it is unnatural, so if it is an otherwise great relationship and this is a one time occurrence after a decade, is it really worth losing that?

A lot of people struggle their whole lives to be monogamous because that is what society accepts, and sometimes, even though that is our intent, we fail.

Sorry, I was to edit this for spelling and also to add something but my phone was being stupid....so now I am on the laptop...

I wanted to add that I was only trying to show the other side of all the posts that say it is a deal breaker 100%, because IMO it is not always. You have to look at the big picture.

I think that is fair. Other posters said the same thing along the lines of if he is truly remorseful and you can forgive, then maybe you can move past it. Its possible. But I wouldn't want to stay in a relationship where trust was gone and could never be restored. But like most things in life, everything is individual so each person in the end has to make the decision that is right for them.

I agree. A few people said that if she stays she should insist on full rights to check his phone, internet, pockets etc. I feel like I need to say this, and it's not necessarily 100% related to your post so I apologize. I just want to caution people in this situation that that is no way to live. It is exhausting and if you think about it, what is the outcome? Either you drive yourself crazy looking for proof that they are lying and you get so focused on that that you lose the love you had for them, or you find the proof you wanted and you have lost all trust and intimacy and the love you had for them. If it's to a point where you feel like you have to search your partner for contraband, I'm sorry, but that relationship is over.

THANK YOU FOR SAYING THIS! Sorry to yell, but this is a very important point.

I think it's important too. Unfortunately, I think this is the type of thing that people have to experience on their own before they get that it's a waste of time. I've actually had women tell me that I'm naive and "asking to be cheated on" because I don't invade my husband's privacy constantly. Nope x1000000
    Ridiculous!!!

I know, right?! I always show my husband when I see a crazy woman on the internet saying something like that. Then I can say, "see, it could be worse! You are lucky!" He knows he's lucky though. I'm lucky too. I've seen some crazy men out there as well.

I have to say, I totally agree with you. If you don't have trust, what do you have exactly?! My husband and I know all of each other's passwords and we tend to flip through each other's phones when we're bored on the understanding that the other doesn't mind--but snooping purposefully due to being mistrustful would be a pretty sad way to live. I already have horrible self esteem issues, to add insecurity and mistrust to those would probably ruin my marriage.

On the flip side, I know a woman who doesn't trust her husband in the least and demands real-time pictures of him when he's with his friends to prove that they're males, and constantly buys new numbers and pretends to be a woman flirting with him to "test his loyalty". I'd personally be miserable if I felt that I had to demand proof and test my husband all the time--I think I'd rather be alone in that case. :-/

I would not want to be either person in that relationship. Sounds miserable!
  • LBuehrle8
    Options
    annette_15 wrote: »
    Whew, finally caught up... only took all day lol.

Some confessions

Theres a lot of posts, especially the very personal, heartbreaking, sad ones I wanna respond to, but I dont know what to say because I cant really relate to most of it. I havent had people close to me die, I dont have kids and I guess I've just had a pretty 'easy' life thus far. Im always scared I'll say something that comes off wrong, so I tend to ignore it. I read it all tho <3

Im going to EDC in two weeks time, and I ordered some pretty out of my comfort zone rave type clothing. I will probably be doing a lot of cardio leading up to it as my outfit will be WAY more revealing than I'm used to (nowhere near what other girls wear to these things tho lol) Here's the bra I got to go with my black high wasted skirt

kWvY9Xp.jpg

I'll post pictures of the whole outfit after we go :wink:

I had plans earlier today but I cancelled them cause I woke up this morning with a bug bite on my eyelid and it looks really funny cause I cant open my right eye all the way lol :unamused:

AHHH that top is STUNNING!! Can't wait to see the whole outfit!
  • LBuehrle8
    Options
    Lois_1989 wrote: »
    I am totally judging on a female that keeps posting threads with fitness model pictures and says she wants to look like them, but she has 140 pounds to lose! I want to go tell her that she is setting herself up for failure. Baby steps, honey, baby steps!

But I don't think that would be well received.

I know which one you're talking about and it is upsetting to read. I haven't dared to look at models or fashion pictures because I know for a fact it is not achievable. At least not for a very long time anyway!

Well it's not achievable because no woman looks the way they portray them to look! It's all make up, hair, lighting, airbrushing. We'd all look like super models if put in the right setting! That's why I love Chrissy Teigen, she's always posting pictures of her celulite and isn't ashamed to have it!
  • LBuehrle8
    Options
    kelly_c_77 wrote: »
    I eat powdered sugar by the spoonfuls

Try mixing it with peanut butter! It tastes exactly like the inside of a Reese's Peanut Butter Cup!!! I may or may not have done that by the (small) bowlful! :neutral:

Damnit why'd you have to tell me this!? Now of course I'm going to have to try it! :p
  • Oberon21
    Options
    Ok, so what would you all think about your husband/boyfriend/SO sexting coworkers.

I'm stuggling with my feelings right now. :(

All of the NOPE! Not okay! It's cheating...

Thanks for the replies guys. This is why my heart is broken and I've been so (BEYOND) depressed lately. I haven't talked to him since last Sunday. I have cried every day.

I did the bad thing and checked on his phone because he's been so secretive (I was able to guess the password). I saw a lot of things that I never wanted to see.

I love him so I'm struggling with my feelings right now. I know most people can't change but maybe therapy? I don't know. I am in that strange place where I don't want to be without him but I don't want to be with him if he can't change. :'(

Sorry to complain. I feel like it's cheating too since it's a violation of trust and he is being inappropriate. We are going to meet up Friday to talk. This is the guy I've been with for almost 11 years.

I would be pissed, like I said in my last post, I would want to freak out.....

I have read a lot of the posts that say it is a deal breaker, and while some people feel that way, I do not always think it is that easy.

If it is some guy you have been with a few months or something, of course, get out right away. But if it is someone you have been with for many years and otherwise the relationship is good and this is not repeat behavior, IMO you really have to decide if it is something worth throwing the whole relationship out.

I know this might not be a popular opinion, but I do not believe the monogamy is natural for humans. Most animals are not monogamous. Even if you are doing your best to be monogamous, sometimes you become drawn to something you cannot control.

I am a firm believer that some people will always cheat, and some people may never, but given the right set of circumstances EVERYONE is capable of cheating. Ever see the movie Unfaithful? Perfect example.

I actually agree with you that people are not naturally monogamous. But unless both sides are aware and have a agreement to behave or think openly about that, sexting or carrying on a affair is cheating. You are breaking an agreement between 2 people to have a singular and committed relationship, and you are hiding this fact from the other person in the relationship. That is what I object to. If you need the rules of the relationship changed, you need a discussion with your partner and they either agree or don't agree. Sneaking around behind someone's back is always wrong.

I am not disagreeing, I consider it cheating as well. My point was that it is really hard for most people to be monogamous because it is unnatural, so if it is an otherwise great relationship and this is a one time occurrence after a decade, is it really worth losing that?

A lot of people struggle their whole lives to be monogamous because that is what society accepts, and sometimes, even though that is our intent, we fail.

Sorry, I was to edit this for spelling and also to add something but my phone was being stupid....so now I am on the laptop...

I wanted to add that I was only trying to show the other side of all the posts that say it is a deal breaker 100%, because IMO it is not always. You have to look at the big picture.

I think that is fair. Other posters said the same thing along the lines of if he is truly remorseful and you can forgive, then maybe you can move past it. Its possible. But I wouldn't want to stay in a relationship where trust was gone and could never be restored. But like most things in life, everything is individual so each person in the end has to make the decision that is right for them.

I agree. A few people said that if she stays she should insist on full rights to check his phone, internet, pockets etc. I feel like I need to say this, and it's not necessarily 100% related to your post so I apologize. I just want to caution people in this situation that that is no way to live. It is exhausting and if you think about it, what is the outcome? Either you drive yourself crazy looking for proof that they are lying and you get so focused on that that you lose the love you had for them, or you find the proof you wanted and you have lost all trust and intimacy and the love you had for them. If it's to a point where you feel like you have to search your partner for contraband, I'm sorry, but that relationship is over.

THANK YOU FOR SAYING THIS! Sorry to yell, but this is a very important point.

I think it's important too. Unfortunately, I think this is the type of thing that people have to experience on their own before they get that it's a waste of time. I've actually had women tell me that I'm naive and "asking to be cheated on" because I don't invade my husband's privacy constantly. Nope x1000000
    Ridiculous!!!

I know, right?! I always show my husband when I see a crazy woman on the internet saying something like that. Then I can say, "see, it could be worse! You are lucky!" He knows he's lucky though. I'm lucky too. I've seen some crazy men out there as well.

I have to say, I totally agree with you. If you don't have trust, what do you have exactly?! My husband and I know all of each other's passwords and we tend to flip through each other's phones when we're bored on the understanding that the other doesn't mind--but snooping purposefully due to being mistrustful would be a pretty sad way to live. I already have horrible self esteem issues, to add insecurity and mistrust to those would probably ruin my marriage.

On the flip side, I know a woman who doesn't trust her husband in the least and demands real-time pictures of him when he's with his friends to prove that they're males, and constantly buys new numbers and pretends to be a woman flirting with him to "test his loyalty". I'd personally be miserable if I felt that I had to demand proof and test my husband all the time--I think I'd rather be alone in that case. :-/

I would not want to be either person in that relationship. Sounds miserable!
  • Oberon21
    Options
    Dnarules wrote: »
    Wow, today has been busy in here. I can't even begin to keep up :). But my name is Shirley. I hate it. Who the heck names their kid Shirley :).

My oldest daughter is Rachel, and although I can't admit this to my DH, she was named after the Friend's character. Both daughters have somewhat unusual middle names, Raven and Rain. No Shirleys, because I just couldn't do that to them :).

People call my daughter Raven all the time. I'm always saying "No, RaeLYNN, not Raven." She even corrects people, "No, it's Waewynn!" Sigh, I've doomed her to a name everyone will confuse with another lol.

Better than Amaryllis which is what I wanted to call our eldest. The only excuse I have is that I was only 21 and odd names was the thing bank then (and I really love the flower and that it means water goddess). Fortunately wiser heads prevailed and she ended up being called Gemma.

I knew an Amaryllis. I always thought it was a pretty name.
  • Oberon21
    Options
    Tubbs216 wrote: »
    Susie, another faith-based question for you, and as always I apologise if this is in any way offensive to ask:
    I was just out for my run and saw two little girls (maybe 4-5 years old) both wearing the hijab. This confuses me when I see it, because I always thought girls transitioned when they began their periods i.e. became a woman. Is that not right? Is it different denominations of Islam have different rules. Or is it not rules but guidelines?

We're required to cover when we reach puberty, and not before. Puberty is defined by beginning one of three things, whichever comes first: Reaching the age of fifteen, beginning menstruation (or having wet dreams, for boys), or growing pubic hair (TMI? Sorry... Just trying to be thorough!). However, a lot of little girls actually want to wear the scarf, just like some little girls want to wear make up, so they can be like their mother/role model/whatever.

Also, it's encouraged in Islam to try to foster a love for modesty and covering up in children who are younger than the age of puberty, because that way it doesn't become a difficult transition when they get older. :) As you know, teens tend to rebel, and it would be a bad time for a parent to very suddenly enforce the scarf at that age. ;)

So as you thought, younger girls aren't at all required to cover up, but they either wanted to do so or their parents encouraged them to do so from a young age. Usually the younger children don't wear it all the time, just when they feel like it, kind of like a little girl in dress-up clothes. :)

Also, I could have sworn I just told everyone to stop apologizing every time they ask me a question... I'm beginning to feel a little bit like a pariah!
    Ok, got it - thanks for explaining.
    Also, sorry for the sorry. ;)
    And since I'm feeling a bit gif-happy this afternoon:
    uaqv0uwbx3io.gif

That was funny!
  • WallynotWalrus
    WallynotWalrus Posts: 1 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    My confession..

Every couple of day's I slip up and eat something bad.

Instead of just accepting it and moving forward I give up the 'good diet' for a few days, excessively binge. In one day I'll consume 2-3 blocks of chocolate, tubs of icecream, whole packs of biscuits. I often hide in the house by myself on days like this.

Then I tell myself I've satisfied the craving and will start being good again on Monday.

I've put on another 7kgs in the last 15 months since realising I needed to lose weight..
  • Oberon21
    edited June 2015
    Options
    Susie, another faith-based question for you, and as always I apologise if this is in any way offensive to ask:
    I was just out for my run and saw two little girls (maybe 4-5 years old) both wearing the hijab. This confuses me when I see it, because I always thought girls transitioned when they began their periods i.e. became a woman. Is that not right? Is it different denominations of Islam have different rules. Or is it not rules but guidelines?

We're required to cover when we reach puberty, and not before. Puberty is defined by beginning one of three things, whichever comes first: Reaching the age of fifteen, beginning menstruation (or having wet dreams, for boys), or growing pubic hair (TMI? Sorry... Just trying to be thorough!). However, a lot of little girls actually want to wear the scarf, just like some little girls want to wear make up, so they can be like their mother/role model/whatever.

Also, it's encouraged in Islam to try to foster a love for modesty and covering up in children who are younger than the age of puberty, because that way it doesn't become a difficult transition when they get older. :) As you know, teens tend to rebel, and it would be a bad time for a parent to very suddenly enforce the scarf at that age. ;)

So as you thought, younger girls aren't at all required to cover up, but they either wanted to do so or their parents encouraged them to do so from a young age. Usually the younger children don't wear it all the time, just when they feel like it, kind of like a little girl in dress-up clothes. :)

Also, I could have sworn I just told everyone to stop apologizing every time they ask me a question... I'm beginning to feel a little bit like a pariah!

I don't believe I have ever apologized. ;)

Edited to add the winky guy as I realized that made me sound like I was being b**chy when I was trying to be funny. Dry humor does not come across well online...
  • Lois_1989
    Lois_1989 Posts: 6,406 Member
    Options
    I eat powdered sugar by the spoonfuls

Ok, so by my understanding that powdered sugar is icing sugar over here in England, how do you not choke? I cough just pouring it in a mixing bowl. :#
  • Glinda1971
    Options
    Finally caught up. Whew!

@Susieq_1994 I wrote down the page with your link and will read this weekend

@nonoelmo glad you had a good day!!

@pofoster21 nice picture of your jump!

Hugs to those who need one!!
  • Oberon21
    Options
    LBuehrle8 wrote: »
    My
    MoHousdon wrote: »
    I really love this thread. You guys have helped me through a pretty hard time, and I have seen you help so many other people through hard times as well. People on the internet can be awful, but they can also be great. Best thread ever.

Same here. This thread has affected my life in many ways. All good ways, which is why I struggle so much to keep up. But I have to accept that I cannot. I have to balance it out with real life, but I'll be here for as long as this thread exists!

Same for me too. I feel like I've really gotten to know some of you really well, especially when we did the real name thing. Several hundred pages back. I've learned a lot and am very grateful for all of you. Thanks for being so accepting and friendly. Never go away, okay?!

Is it too late for me to get in on that and tell everyone my name? Because I was just a lurker back then... I was just wondering about that yesterday!

Go for it. I was just a lurker then too. My name is Jody :)

Ooh, yay! I'm Sawsan. :) It's an Arabic name, and sounds nothing like Suzanne, which is what every non-Arab seems to call me. -_- It sounds like So-Sen (With a sssss sound, like in snake) and it means lily flower.

Can you tell that I was totally looking forward to sharing all that? :o

That is a beautiful name! I've got what has to be the most popular 90s kid name ever lol. One of the many reasons my kid has a relatively uncommon (but not "out there") name lol.

I hated my name so much and how popular it was that I gave my kids "European sounding" names- Aleksandar and Leonid. (they go by Aleks and Leo, though, which is about as common as you can get, guess).

My daughter's name is Raelynn, it's a mix of part of a childhood nickname for me (Rae) and my MIL's middle name (Lynn). Apparently it's supposed to be spelled Raelyn but we added the extra "n" on for MIL (she's the first female grandchild). Her middle name (Grace) is ridiculously trendy right now and I'm really glad we didn't make that her first name like we had thought about doing. I tried to go for something that couldn't really be shortened, but I guess it could be just shortened to either Rae or Lynn. And, no her name didn't come from the country singer RaeLynn. You would not believe how many people ask me that lol.

My son's name is Kypton and I am ashamed to admit I got it off The Bachelor

If we're going into kid's names....

My husband is a HUGE Dallas Cowboys (American football) fan. His favorite player of all time is Emmitt Smith. He jokingly insisted on naming any child we had, boy or girl, Emmitt. I eventually caved and told him if it was a boy, his middle name could be Emmitt. Then I figured, if he gets his football team in the name, I get mine, too! I'm a Chicago Bears fan. I couldn't see naming a kid Urlacher or Ditka, so Payton it was. Payton Emmitt. And, yes, he plays football, although he likes being a D lineman better than a running back.

If he was a girl, he was going to be Rhys (pronounced Reese) Emmalee (from the Emmitt thing my husband insisted on).

Emmitt Smith was my neighbor in Dallas :) Mind you I was only 5 to 7 so I didn't realize the importance of this until I was older. My sister and I are die hard Dallas fans!!

My husband would **** a brick! The only reason I ever root for the Cowgirls is because I don't want to deal with my p!ssy husband when they lose. But Dallas does have a bunch of Boise State players, so I root for them individually.

CowGIRLS? Tee hee