Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• Italian_Buju
    Italian_Buju Posts: 8,030 Member
    Options
    BZAH10 wrote: »
    pofoster21 wrote: »
    FroggyBug wrote: »
    Ok, so what would you all think about your husband/boyfriend/SO sexting coworkers.

I'm stuggling with my feelings right now. :(

All of the NOPE! Not okay! It's cheating...

Thanks for the replies guys. This is why my heart is broken and I've been so (BEYOND) depressed lately. I haven't talked to him since last Sunday. I have cried every day.

I did the bad thing and checked on his phone because he's been so secretive (I was able to guess the password). I saw a lot of things that I never wanted to see.

I love him so I'm struggling with my feelings right now. I know most people can't change but maybe therapy? I don't know. I am in that strange place where I don't want to be without him but I don't want to be with him if he can't change. :'(

Sorry to complain. I feel like it's cheating too since it's a violation of trust and he is being inappropriate. We are going to meet up Friday to talk. This is the guy I've been with for almost 11 years.

I would be pissed, like I said in my last post, I would want to freak out.....

I have read a lot of the posts that say it is a deal breaker, and while some people feel that way, I do not always think it is that easy.

If it is some guy you have been with a few months or something, of course, get out right away. But if it is someone you have been with for many years and otherwise the relationship is good and this is not repeat behavior, IMO you really have to decide if it is something worth throwing the whole relationship out.

I know this might not be a popular opinion, but I do not believe the monogamy is natural for humans. Most animals are not monogamous. Even if you are doing your best to be monogamous, sometimes you become drawn to something you cannot control.

I am a firm believer that some people will always cheat, and some people may never, but given the right set of circumstances EVERYONE is capable of cheating. Ever see the movie Unfaithful? Perfect example.

I actually agree with you that people are not naturally monogamous. But unless both sides are aware and have a agreement to behave or think openly about that, sexting or carrying on a affair is cheating. You are breaking an agreement between 2 people to have a singular and committed relationship, and you are hiding this fact from the other person in the relationship. That is what I object to. If you need the rules of the relationship changed, you need a discussion with your partner and they either agree or don't agree. Sneaking around behind someone's back is always wrong.

I am not disagreeing, I consider it cheating as well. My point was that it is really hard for most people to be monogamous because it is unnatural, so if it is an otherwise great relationship and this is a one time occurrence after a decade, is it really worth losing that?

A lot of people struggle their whole lives to be monogamous because that is what society accepts, and sometimes, even though that is our intent, we fail.

Sorry, I was to edit this for spelling and also to add something but my phone was being stupid....so now I am on the laptop...

I wanted to add that I was only trying to show the other side of all the posts that say it is a deal breaker 100%, because IMO it is not always. You have to look at the big picture.

I think that is fair. Other posters said the same thing along the lines of if he is truly remorseful and you can forgive, then maybe you can move past it. Its possible. But I wouldn't want to stay in a relationship where trust was gone and could never be restored. But like most things in life, everything is individual so each person in the end has to make the decision that is right for them.

I agree. A few people said that if she stays she should insist on full rights to check his phone, internet, pockets etc. I feel like I need to say this, and it's not necessarily 100% related to your post so I apologize. I just want to caution people in this situation that that is no way to live. It is exhausting and if you think about it, what is the outcome? Either you drive yourself crazy looking for proof that they are lying and you get so focused on that that you lose the love you had for them, or you find the proof you wanted and you have lost all trust and intimacy and the love you had for them. If it's to a point where you feel like you have to search your partner for contraband, I'm sorry, but that relationship is over.

THANK YOU FOR SAYING THIS! Sorry to yell, but this is a very important point.

I think it's important too. Unfortunately, I think this is the type of thing that people have to experience on their own before they get that it's a waste of time. I've actually had women tell me that I'm naive and "asking to be cheated on" because I don't invade my husband's privacy constantly. Nope x1000000
    Ridiculous!!!
  • FluffySandwich
    FluffySandwich Posts: 1,293 Member
    Options
    LBuehrle8 wrote: »
    Francl27 wrote: »
    This potty training fiasco is really testing my patience right now. I love my kid, and I know she has other issues, but holy hell this is an exhausting venture! :rage:

I waited until mine were way too old to do it. I admire people who have the courage to do it with 2yos... My kids were 4.

Believe it or not, many Arabs insist that their children have to be potty trained by the age of one. This is especially strict in the non-Gulf Arab countries like Palestine and Syria. An American Muslim lady married to a Palestinian man once confided in my mother that she felt like a parenting failure because of her in-laws' shock that her son wasn't potty trained when he was one.

Aw that's sad! She shouldn't feel that way, kids all learn at different paces!

This may be a silly question so I apologize, but, when you're speaking with your husband or friends and family do y'all speak Arabic then? Does everyone know English? Yours is better than mine I feel like! :)

My husband is fluent in English, and we use English exclusively at home (we have a rented apartment where we live alone). His family speaks very little English, so I use Arabic when I'm visiting their home.

My immediate family uses English exclusively at home as well (my mom is American and doesn't understand a lot of Arabic), but my father's family speaks next to no English and I speak Arabic there.

When I worked, I spoke Arabic with my colleagues, because most of them didn't speak much English either, but most of the population in Saudi Arabia and Oman (especially the younger generation) do have rudimentary knowledge of English, and many actually have excellent English language skills. It really depends on where you are. If you're in the capital, you'll find 99% of the people speak English and I'll usually use English with them because I'm completely fluent in English and only about 85% fluent in Arabic. If you're in the villages or interior regions of Oman, you won't find many English speakers at all. :)

Why does everyone keep apologizing for asking me questions? Am I that intimidating? Bombard me, people, I don't mind! ;) And for God's sake, everyone stop apologizing! :o

Haha sorry for apologizing and just doing it again there!! :) thanks for answering my question that is so neat you're Bilingual!

Can I pretend to be tri-lingual since I understand British English too? ;)
    I've started reading your story and am now on chapter 6 :) I think you're a terrific writer. I love to write, too, so maybe I'll start using Wattpad at some point ;)

• Italian_Buju
    Italian_Buju Posts: 8,030 Member
    Options
    OK guys, I have to leave for my meeting now...I am only ten pages behind....see you in a couple hours (if I do not kill someone during said stressful meeting....)

Try not to make me another 20 pages behind by the time I get back, lol......
  • flitterfoot
    flitterfoot Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Dnarules wrote: »
    Wow, today has been busy in here. I can't even begin to keep up :). But my name is Shirley. I hate it. Who the heck names their kid Shirley :).

My oldest daughter is Rachel, and although I can't admit this to my DH, she was named after the Friend's character. Both daughters have somewhat unusual middle names, Raven and Rain. No Shirleys, because I just couldn't do that to them :).

People call my daughter Raven all the time. I'm always saying "No, RaeLYNN, not Raven." She even corrects people, "No, it's Waewynn!" Sigh, I've doomed her to a name everyone will confuse with another lol.

Better than Amaryllis which is what I wanted to call our eldest. The only excuse I have is that I was only 21 and odd names was the thing bank then (and I really love the flower and that it means water goddess). Fortunately wiser heads prevailed and she ended up being called Gemma.
  • Tubbs216
    Tubbs216 Posts: 6,597 Member
    Options
    Wow, today has been busy in here. I can't even begin to keep up :). But my name is Shirley. I hate it. Who the heck names their kid Shirley :).

My oldest daughter is Rachel, and although I can't admit this to my DH, she was named after the Friend's character. Both daughters have somewhat unusual middle names, Raven and Rain. No Shirleys, because I just couldn't do that to them :).

People call my daughter Raven all the time. I'm always saying "No, RaeLYNN, not Raven." She even corrects people, "No, it's Waewynn!" Sigh, I've doomed her to a name everyone will confuse with another lol.

Better than Amaryllis which is what I wanted to call our eldest. The only excuse I have is that I was only 21 and odd names was the thing bank then (and I really love the flower and that it means water goddess). Fortunately wiser heads prevailed and she ended up being called Gemma.
    That's awesome!
    When I was young and planning what my children would be called, I was always going to call a daughter Persephone Scarlett, but when it came down to it we named her Eliza. I think it was a safer option. :)
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options
    I confess that after hearing everyone butchering my name, I just decided to use very common and traditional names for my kids. And also considered changing my name when I got my US citizenship a year ago... just decided against it because I didn't want more paperwork.
  • raelynnsmama52512
    raelynnsmama52512 Posts: 1,184 Member
    Options

Both those names are beautiful!
  • berlynnwall
    berlynnwall Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    Ok, so what would you all think about your husband/boyfriend/SO sexting coworkers.

Thanks for the replies guys. This is why my heart is broken and I've been so (BEYOND) depressed lately. I haven't talked to him since last Sunday. I have cried every day.

I did the bad thing and checked on his phone because he's been so secretive (I was able to guess the password). I saw a lot of things that I never wanted to see.

I love him so I'm struggling with my feelings right now. I know most people can't change but maybe therapy? I don't know. I am in that strange place where I don't want to be without him but I don't want to be with him if he can't change. :'(

Sorry to complain. I feel like it's cheating too since it's a violation of trust and he is being inappropriate. We are going to meet up Friday to talk. This is the guy I've been with for almost 11 years.

I have read a lot of the posts that say it is a deal breaker, and while some people feel that way, I do not always think it is that easy.

If it is some guy you have been with a few months or something, of course, get out right away. But if it is someone you have been with for many years and otherwise the relationship is good and this is not repeat behavior, IMO you really have to decide if it is something worth throwing the whole relationship out.

I know this might not be a popular opinion, but I do not believe the monogamy is natural for humans. Most animals are not monogamous. Even if you are doing your best to be monogamous, sometimes you become drawn to something you cannot control.

I am a firm believer that some people will always cheat, and some people may never, but given the right set of circumstances EVERYONE is capable of cheating. Ever see the movie Unfaithful? Perfect example.

I actually agree with you that people are not naturally monogamous. But unless both sides are aware and have a agreement to behave or think openly about that, sexting or carrying on a affair is cheating. You are breaking an agreement between 2 people to have a singular and committed relationship, and you are hiding this fact from the other person in the relationship. That is what I object to. If you need the rules of the relationship changed, you need a discussion with your partner and they either agree or don't agree. Sneaking around behind someone's back is always wrong.

I am not disagreeing, I consider it cheating as well. My point was that it is really hard for most people to be monogamous because it is unnatural, so if it is an otherwise great relationship and this is a one time occurrence after a decade, is it really worth losing that?

A lot of people struggle their whole lives to be monogamous because that is what society accepts, and sometimes, even though that is our intent, we fail.

Sorry, I was to edit this for spelling and also to add something but my phone was being stupid....so now I am on the laptop...

I wanted to add that I was only trying to show the other side of all the posts that say it is a deal breaker 100%, because IMO it is not always. You have to look at the big picture.

I think that is fair. Other posters said the same thing along the lines of if he is truly remorseful and you can forgive, then maybe you can move past it. Its possible. But I wouldn't want to stay in a relationship where trust was gone and could never be restored. But like most things in life, everything is individual so each person in the end has to make the decision that is right for them.

I agree. A few people said that if she stays she should insist on full rights to check his phone, internet, pockets etc. I feel like I need to say this, and it's not necessarily 100% related to your post so I apologize. I just want to caution people in this situation that that is no way to live. It is exhausting and if you think about it, what is the outcome? Either you drive yourself crazy looking for proof that they are lying and you get so focused on that that you lose the love you had for them, or you find the proof you wanted and you have lost all trust and intimacy and the love you had for them. If it's to a point where you feel like you have to search your partner for contraband, I'm sorry, but that relationship is over.

I think it's important too. Unfortunately, I think this is the type of thing that people have to experience on their own before they get that it's a waste of time. I've actually had women tell me that I'm naive and "asking to be cheated on" because I don't invade my husband's privacy constantly. Nope x1000000
    Ridiculous!!!

I know, right?! I always show my husband when I see a crazy woman on the internet saying something like that. Then I can say, "see, it could be worse! You are lucky!" He knows he's lucky though. I'm lucky too. I've seen some crazy men out there as well.
  • Susieq_1994
    Susieq_1994 Posts: 5,361 Member
    Options
    This potty training fiasco is really testing my patience right now. I love my kid, and I know she has other issues, but holy hell this is an exhausting venture! :rage:

I waited until mine were way too old to do it. I admire people who have the courage to do it with 2yos... My kids were 4.

Believe it or not, many Arabs insist that their children have to be potty trained by the age of one. This is especially strict in the non-Gulf Arab countries like Palestine and Syria. An American Muslim lady married to a Palestinian man once confided in my mother that she felt like a parenting failure because of her in-laws' shock that her son wasn't potty trained when he was one.

This may be a silly question so I apologize, but, when you're speaking with your husband or friends and family do y'all speak Arabic then? Does everyone know English? Yours is better than mine I feel like! :)

My husband is fluent in English, and we use English exclusively at home (we have a rented apartment where we live alone). His family speaks very little English, so I use Arabic when I'm visiting their home.

My immediate family uses English exclusively at home as well (my mom is American and doesn't understand a lot of Arabic), but my father's family speaks next to no English and I speak Arabic there.

When I worked, I spoke Arabic with my colleagues, because most of them didn't speak much English either, but most of the population in Saudi Arabia and Oman (especially the younger generation) do have rudimentary knowledge of English, and many actually have excellent English language skills. It really depends on where you are. If you're in the capital, you'll find 99% of the people speak English and I'll usually use English with them because I'm completely fluent in English and only about 85% fluent in Arabic. If you're in the villages or interior regions of Oman, you won't find many English speakers at all. :)

Why does everyone keep apologizing for asking me questions? Am I that intimidating? Bombard me, people, I don't mind! ;) And for God's sake, everyone stop apologizing! :o

Haha sorry for apologizing and just doing it again there!! :) thanks for answering my question that is so neat you're Bilingual!

I've started reading your story and am now on chapter 6 :) I think you're a terrific writer. I love to write, too, so maybe I'll start using Wattpad at some point ;)

Thank you so much! I'm glad you're enjoying it. :) Wattpad is a lot of fun to write on! I usually post my poetry there, that book is my first attempt at an actual book with an actual plot... :p
  • ShibaEars
    ShibaEars Posts: 3,928 Member
    Options
    Tubbs216 wrote: »
    (Kind-of) related to all the first-name-sharing: when I was like 13 I had a "girlfriend" on one of those sites like gaia online. But I was really paranoid so I made up a false name and mentioned all these details about my fake life so that she would never be able to find me in person. And then I was paranoid that she would anyway, so I faked my death. It was... weird.
    Ok, sorry, but I laughed.
    ETA: I laughed with you, not at you!

I wasn't sure if I was supposed to laugh, but I did!
  • berlynnwall
    Options
    I confess that after hearing everyone butchering my name, I just decided to use very common and traditional names for my kids. And also considered changing my name when I got my US citizenship a year ago... just decided against it because I didn't want more paperwork.

Even though I had a popular name, I named my kids traditional names. I tried not to give them a top 10 name like mine, but I did choose regular names with regular spellings. I 100% don't judge what other parents do. I feel like I have to say that. Not judgmental!

Also, I don't plan to change my last name since being married. My oldest has my last name and I feel like it would be pretty crappy to leave him as the only one with that name. Also, I don't care about that particular tradition and my husband doesn't care either. We know we are married.
  • Susieq_1994
    Options

Ridiculous!!!

I know, right?! I always show my husband when I see a crazy woman on the internet saying something like that. Then I can say, "see, it could be worse! You are lucky!" He knows he's lucky though. I'm lucky too. I've seen some crazy men out there as well.

I have to say, I totally agree with you. If you don't have trust, what do you have exactly?! My husband and I know all of each other's passwords and we tend to flip through each other's phones when we're bored on the understanding that the other doesn't mind--but snooping purposefully due to being mistrustful would be a pretty sad way to live. I already have horrible self esteem issues, to add insecurity and mistrust to those would probably ruin my marriage.

On the flip side, I know a woman who doesn't trust her husband in the least and demands real-time pictures of him when he's with his friends to prove that they're males, and constantly buys new numbers and pretends to be a woman flirting with him to "test his loyalty". I'd personally be miserable if I felt that I had to demand proof and test my husband all the time--I think I'd rather be alone in that case. :-/
  • flitterfoot
    flitterfoot Posts: 54 Member
    Options

I agree although I must admit that my mother ended up naming her, when I was pregnant both my hubby and I called her the brat or the pest (or worse depending on how bad a night I'd had) and my mother would always reply that each child was a gem no matter how badly behaved. When the baby was born and we found out we had and girl we decided to go with Gemma since she was and gem. We also decided to call any other girls after gems so we have a Jade as well now.
  • berlynnwall
    edited June 2015
    Options

Ridiculous!!!

I have to say, I totally agree with you. If you don't have trust, what do you have exactly?! My husband and I know all of each other's passwords and we tend to flip through each other's phones when we're bored on the understanding that the other doesn't mind--but snooping purposefully due to being mistrustful would be a pretty sad way to live. I already have horrible self esteem issues, to add insecurity and mistrust to those would probably ruin my marriage.

On the flip side, I know a woman who doesn't trust her husband in the least and demands real-time pictures of him when he's with his friends to prove that they're males, and constantly buys new numbers and pretends to be a woman flirting with him to "test his loyalty". I'd personally be miserable if I felt that I had to demand proof and test my husband all the time--I think I'd rather be alone in that case. :-/

Bolded: Yes, exactly how I feel. That is no way to live.

ETA: That is crazy. If my spouse demanded that level of surveillance I would want a divorce.
  • LBuehrle8
    LBuehrle8 Posts: 4,044 Member
    Options

I agree although I must admit that my mother ended up naming her, when I was pregnant both my hubby and I called her the brat or the pest (or worse depending on how bad a night I'd had) and my mother would always reply that each child was a gem no matter how badly behaved. When the baby was born and we found out we had and girl we decided to go with Gemma since she was and gem. We also decided to call any other girls after gems so we have a Jade as well now.

That's such a neat story! I have to say as much as I am fascinated with different cultures, religions and the such I am also super interested in people's names and how they received those names! I'm just a huge ball of curiosity :)
  • Just_Ceci
    Just_Ceci Posts: 5,926 Member
    Options
    Jumping in on the name thing- I am Cecilia, named after my grandfather Cecil. One of my first bosses called me CC, which I morphed to Ceci. (My family calls me C-ya) My married name is of Greek origin and I love that I have a unique name!

I named my daughter Samantha (would have been Samuel if a boy), because I wanted a Sam. (She goes by Sami now.)
  • TigerNY128
    TigerNY128 Posts: 763 Member
    Options
    Confession: I only ate part of my dinner so I could fit in 2 or 3 beers.

Because it's been a long day and...beer.

But they're mich ultras! So that's just like water right?!
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options
    Confession - I am low on protein today because I decided to have some frozen yogurt with my 200 leftover calories, instead of something with more protein, because I *gasp* wasn't hungry.

Confession #2 - I am amazed when people bump 2.5 yo threads. How do people even find them?
  • Susieq_1994
    Options
    Confession: I'm rather disappointed that by the time @pofoster21 comes back online, my response to her about my book will be totally buried under the mountain of posts and she won't get to see it since she reads backwards. :(

(If you read this first, my response is somewhere between pages 657 and 659. I kind of gave a detailed backstory about the book and provided the link you requested.) :)
  • FluffySandwich
    FluffySandwich Posts: 1,293 Member
    Options

Thank you so much! I'm glad you're enjoying it. :) Wattpad is a lot of fun to write on! I usually post my poetry there, that book is my first attempt at an actual book with an actual plot... :p
    It's very interesting! I'm now on chapter 11 and I am feeling the main character's dread. You're helping me to become more knowledgeable about Islam (I know virtually nothing about it :(), so thank you for that!

And about names- mine is Savannah. My mom was going to name me Isabella if I had dark hair, but I was born blonde.... so Savannah it was. It's a pretty popular name in the Southern United States, but in Montreal it has gotten butchered so many times. I haven't met a single person with my name up here! :tongue: