Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• ShibaEars
    ShibaEars Posts: 3,928 Member
    Options
    Get your popcorns ready!!!

Yesterday I was in the breakroom it was 12:00pm. My employee Stinky Rick whom I've mentioned before was just finishing up his lunch and heading back to our warehouse. I receive a phone call from my boss on my cellphone at 12:02.

Boss: "Where you at"
    AOJ: "I'm in the breakroom"
    Boss: "Why doesn't Rick know you're on break?"
    AOJ: "Rick literally just left me in the breakroom, he knows exactly where I am"
    Boss: "Not according to him, I need to see you when you're done"
    AOJ: "I'll be right there."

I get into her office

Boss: "What's going on with you, you haven't responded to any of my emails"
    AOJ: "I've responded to all of your emails"
    Boss: "We talked about them on the phone, but you didn't reply to the email"
    AOJ: "We talked about them, the issues were resolved, there didn't need to be a reply."
    Boss: "I'd appreciate it if you replied to my email"

She reiterates that somethings off. I talk to her about a couple issues that were bothering me.

Useless Manager becoming a Director, how I'm a supervisor that has to enforce operating procedures to managers who question me at every turn and go over my head with everything which totally demeans my position.

And she responds with "If you're so unhappy, find something else."

And that's when I blurted out "I did."

Her retort "Where do you think you're going to get a job working 8-5 monday through friday with weekends and holidays."

I said "Actually, I'll be getting even more holidays like Columbus Day, MLK Day, 1/2 day on Dec 23rd, December 24th and 25th off, oh and I'll be off at 430 every day, and in the off chance I'm not I'll be getting over time"

Her eyes got huge.

She locked herself in her office for 2 hours after that.

So awesome!
  • ShibaEars
    Options
    Confession #1: in the gym today I was feeling awesome (see my post about a pink coat) so doe the last 200 metres of my 5k I pushed the treadmill to 12kph and sprinted. I was running so fast my trousers slipped down my bum, but I didn't stop until I hit 5k.

Confession #2: thanks to this thread, I don't wear underwear in the gym anymore. Meaning I was flashing everyone.

I am choosing to take this as a sign my trousers are getting too big (or my hips are getting a wee bit smaller
    Total win!

First bold made me laugh

and second: Not a bad problem to have :smile:
  • BZAH10
    BZAH10 Posts: 5,709 Member
    Options
    BZAH10 wrote: »
    Ok, I'm caught up. Here's my confession of the day: I gave blood yesterday. I had the juice, a cookie, and raisins after. An hour later I went to a meeting with people I had never met before...and passed out. So embarrassing! I then decided I needed to "get my blood sugar up." So I ate chocolate, ice cream, and more chocolate. I logged it all and ended up 1007 calories over for the day. I am going to have to work hard through the week to mitigate that!

I can't give blood because I pass out. Sounds embarrassing, but you did a good thing. Hopefully you feel proud of that part.

I pass out when I have my own blood drawn for tests! Well, not all the time, but if they take 2 or more vials then I'm a goner. Good thing I go to the doctor very rarely. No need, thankfully.

I've worked in a medical lab for going on 8 years, and they used to have a different process for QC-ing a new batch of reagents in hematology. They'd offer to pay people to donate so they weren't using patient specimens. $45 for 6 tubes of blood was a nice random bonus every other month!

SIX??? ***collapses and falls to the floor*** The donations are necessary and a good thing to do, though.
  • berlynnwall
    berlynnwall Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    Back story: I married my husband and 6 months later, we both joined the Air Force together. At our first base I got pregnant, had a baby, got pregnant 9 months later, and had another baby. I've been in a total of 4 years now. We have PT (run, sit-ups, and push ups) tests every 6 months (1 year if you excel - I never do) and I've never failed a PT test. I have gained a lot of weight and lost it over the years as a result of those pregnancies and even before the military (I lost 100 lbs in college - not the healthy way).

Confession: I have NO sympathy for active duty (AD) military moms who fail PT tests. I also don't really respect moms who get out of the military and become stay-at-home-moms. I feel really bad, but when a woman tells me she "used to be AD and now stays home with the kids" or "takes care of the house", I think "no one cares". Military life is really hard, especially if both a husband and wife are active and I know not everyone is cut out for it, but don't tell me that you used to work hard for your money and defend the constitution and now you just sit on your butt all day and spend your husband's money.

It's something that I struggle with all the time. I know I should respect anyone who puts on the uniform and recites the oath, but sometimes it is hard.

Please don't hate on the military for my shortcomings!! I swear I am a very respectful person and I would not confess this feeling to any mom out there.

Here's my harsh military related post: I was raised in the military and it upsets me how little military families talk about the impact on the kids. You always hear about how the wives suffer during deployments, but if you bring up the kids everyone falls silent. The wives signed up for this - they knew it would happen. The kids were born into the situation. I feel bad for them, not the spouses.

I don't blame moms who get out - I can't imagine if I was deployed at the same time as my husband and had to find a family member to care for my kids (maybe permanently, lets be honest). My family is nuts. There is no way in hell I would leave my kids alone with any of them for a week let alone 6-9 months.
  • ShibaEars
    Options
    My dinner last night consisted of: a reheated hotdog (no bun), a huge ice cream cone (cookie dough) and 4 cookies. I haven't logged it yet...
  • Oberon21
    Oberon21 Posts: 13,235 Member
    Options
    Lefty1290 wrote: »
    m1xm0d3 wrote: »
    LBuehrle8 wrote: »
    I can't handle people on lots of these threads don't know the difference between "your" and "you're"...I apologize if I sound like a snob but it really grinds my gears. :s

What really gets ME is when I see someone use 'than' instead of 'then'. Poor grammar in general bothers me but I do admit I am a bit anal about it.

Oh, that one bugs me too!!!

The worst I've ever seen is "thoughs" instead of those. I'm just like ?????????? - Where does that come from?

I'm a huge spelling/grammar freak. lol The lack of spell check from people these days makes me so mad.

"Allowed" and "aloud" is one I'm seeing here more often. That one annoys me, too, but that is one of those that spell check won't change because it IS spelled correctly. Instead of spell check we need "proper grammar and sentence structure" check. Or, you know, just learn how to write the English language. (vent, sorry, not direct at anyone specific!)

So just a random question, but... that is a pretty big mistake between those two words. Maybe English isn't their first language? We do have people from all over the world on here. I can imagine if I was trying to participate in a forum in French or Spanish or Chinese or Arabic I would make some pretty basic mistakes.
  • clover157
    clover157 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    clover157 wrote: »
    Confession: This was the first thread I opened when I joined MFP, it was at 9.5K and I've been lurking for weeks!
    Got up to page 397 before giving up and skipping to the end. It's been most entertaining, though I feel like a bit of a stalker knowing all this stuff about people without contributing heh

Welcome!

How could you read so far and then give up lol

Confession #1: Lol I was ignoring my children too much trying to catch up whoops!!

Confession #2: Our cat passed two weeks ago and I've been riding the grief train to cake town. I'm not grieving anymore, I just like cake!

Confession #3: I've finally been reading other threads and its scary out there!!
  • berlynnwall
    berlynnwall Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    Confession: I cannot stand slower than time pedestrians crossing the street. I'm saying this as a person who walks every day and rides in a car maybe once a week. If there is tons of traffic and a car had to stop to let you pass, hurry the heck up. Everyone wants to get where they are going, not just you.
  • ShibaEars
    Options
    Sooo very tired this morning. I didn't want to cycle in to work but it's supposed to be mid-70's today and I knew if I didn't, I would regret it, so I did and I am glad but it's def going to be an early bedtime for me tonight.

Good for you for pushing yourself to do it! And enjoy your early bedtime.
  • ShibaEars
    Options
    Ok, I'm caught up. Here's my confession of the day: I gave blood yesterday. I had the juice, a cookie, and raisins after. An hour later I went to a meeting with people I had never met before...and passed out. So embarrassing! I then decided I needed to "get my blood sugar up." So I ate chocolate, ice cream, and more chocolate. I logged it all and ended up 1007 calories over for the day. I am going to have to work hard through the week to mitigate that!

Surely the good deed of donating blood & helping others cancels out those calories? :wink:
  • rungirl1973
    rungirl1973 Posts: 2,559 Member
    Options
    pofoster21 wrote: »
    I can't handle people on lots of these threads don't know the difference between "your" and "you're"...I apologize if I sound like a snob but it really grinds my gears. :s

What really gets ME is when I see someone use 'than' instead of 'then'. Poor grammar in general bothers me but I do admit I am a bit anal about it.

The worst I've ever seen is "thoughs" instead of those. I'm just like ?????????? - Where does that come from?

I'm a huge spelling/grammar freak. lol The lack of spell check from people these days makes me so mad.

"Allowed" and "aloud" is one I'm seeing here more often. That one annoys me, too, but that is one of those that spell check won't change because it IS spelled correctly. Instead of spell check we need "proper grammar and sentence structure" check. Or, you know, just learn how to write the English language. (vent, sorry, not direct at anyone specific!)

So just a random question, but... that is a pretty big mistake between those two words. Maybe English isn't their first language? We do have people from all over the world on here. I can imagine if I was trying to participate in a forum in French or Spanish or Chinese or Arabic I would make some pretty basic mistakes.

I've been seeing a lot of "here" in place of "hear" lately in one of my FB groups. Really?
  • Oberon21
    Options
    Get your popcorns ready!!!

Yesterday I was in the breakroom it was 12:00pm. My employee Stinky Rick whom I've mentioned before was just finishing up his lunch and heading back to our warehouse. I receive a phone call from my boss on my cellphone at 12:02.

Boss: "Where you at"
    AOJ: "I'm in the breakroom"
    Boss: "Why doesn't Rick know you're on break?"
    AOJ: "Rick literally just left me in the breakroom, he knows exactly where I am"
    Boss: "Not according to him, I need to see you when you're done"
    AOJ: "I'll be right there."

I get into her office

Boss: "What's going on with you, you haven't responded to any of my emails"
    AOJ: "I've responded to all of your emails"
    Boss: "We talked about them on the phone, but you didn't reply to the email"
    AOJ: "We talked about them, the issues were resolved, there didn't need to be a reply."
    Boss: "I'd appreciate it if you replied to my email"

She reiterates that somethings off. I talk to her about a couple issues that were bothering me.

Useless Manager becoming a Director, how I'm a supervisor that has to enforce operating procedures to managers who question me at every turn and go over my head with everything which totally demeans my position.

And she responds with "If you're so unhappy, find something else."

And that's when I blurted out "I did."

Her retort "Where do you think you're going to get a job working 8-5 monday through friday with weekends and holidays."

I said "Actually, I'll be getting even more holidays like Columbus Day, MLK Day, 1/2 day on Dec 23rd, December 24th and 25th off, oh and I'll be off at 430 every day, and in the off chance I'm not I'll be getting over time"

Her eyes got huge.

She locked herself in her office for 2 hours after that.

Congratulations! I am sure that felt fantastic. The reply to my emails after a discussion was just nuts. Definitely time to leave.
  • m1xm0d3
    m1xm0d3 Posts: 1,576 Member
    Options
    ShibaEars wrote: »
    Sooo very tired this morning. I didn't want to cycle in to work but it's supposed to be mid-70's today and I knew if I didn't, I would regret it, so I did and I am glad but it's def going to be an early bedtime for me tonight.

Good for you for pushing yourself to do it! And enjoy your early bedtime.

:) Thanks!

• Emily3907
    Emily3907 Posts: 1,461 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    Husband is out of town and we have no kids, so meals are pretty easy and quick this week. Well yesterday after I picked my dog up from the vet some really weird magnetic force pulled my car into taco bell. Then I proceeded to pound down 4 tacos and a 4 piece cinnabon bites. I got my punishment at approx. 2 AM this morning. Lesson learned. Back on track this morning.
  • BZAH10
    Options

Yes, I completely agree with you. And I do remind myself of that fact and that is why I learn so much from the other posters here. If someone mentions in their post that English is not their primary language or I look at their location in their profile and it is another country then I don't pay any attention to grammar and typos. It was more of an example about how you cannot rely on spell-check, but I have seen those words interchanged incorrectly.
  • ShibaEars
    Options
    I hate my "mommy body". And I don't think any moms should get a free pass to be unhealthy because there's a new trend supporting "loving your mommy body". There's a difference between curves and obese, ladies... :-/

.....I've never said that out loud.....

I agree with this 100%. I've been in better shape post-kids than before. Yes, the shape of your body may change, but there's no reason that a mother needs to stay overweight and be satisfied with that.

I have the same opinion of that stuff going around about how women are more attracted to the "Dad bod". Um, no, no I'm not.

I dated a guy a few years ago that kind of had a "dad bod". (in other words, he had a beer belly). Being 26/27 years old and having a beer gut isn't attractive (if anything, it signaled a problem).

Note: I don't expect every guy to be ripped or anything, and I'm attracted to all kinds of body types (just not beer guts...)
  • BZAH10
    Options
    I slacked off for two months, Maintained but now I have one month until a beach trip. I do this to myself too much. The drinks and food I enjoyed was kind of worth it! But now I am dedicated to losing this 10-15 pounds to put me in the overweight BMI range.
    I feel like I should do the jennamarbles food confessions youtube video.

I feel better now that I confessed.

Glad you feel better after confessing! Jenna Marbles is pretty funny.
  • Oberon21
    Options
    Confession: This was the first thread I opened when I joined MFP, it was at 9.5K and I've been lurking for weeks!
    Got up to page 397 before giving up and skipping to the end. It's been most entertaining, though I feel like a bit of a stalker knowing all this stuff about people without contributing heh

Welcome!

How could you read so far and then give up lol

Confession #1: Lol I was ignoring my children too much trying to catch up whoops!!

Confession #2: Our cat passed two weeks ago and I've been riding the grief train to cake town. I'm not grieving anymore, I just like cake!

Confession #3: I've finally been reading other threads and its scary out there!!

It is scary out there. Better to stay in the safe house and wait for someone to post something in here to check out, then you just look...if you have any questions, come back in here and ask. Asking out there could result in you being eaten alive.
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    ShibaEars wrote: »

Surely the good deed of donating blood & helping others cancels out those calories? :wink:

I hope so! :)
  • Tubbs216
    Tubbs216 Posts: 6,597 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options

No, I think it's just that a lot of people don't read much, so aren't used to seeing words written down. That sounds really harsh. Oops! I think it's quite obvious when someone is ESL, because of syntax issues. I would never judge those people harshly. I can barely order a coke in any other language.

I also notice that sometimes North Americans write things like 'Congradulations' because that's how they say it. I saw a long post on a forum where a woman kept talking about flower 'pedals'. I wondered how she could not know that was wrong.