FireRunners (closed C25K group) week of 5/23 :)

Options

Replies

• 123nikki123
    123nikki123 Posts: 527
    Options
    W3D1 complete! Wasn't as bad as I thought it would be :smile:
  • frida001
    frida001 Posts: 437 Member
    Options
    My back is a little better, but I think I'll still repeat Week 2 starting in a few more days. I'm cheering you guys on - you're posts are so motivating!!!
  • tatiana_13
    tatiana_13 Posts: 325
    Options
    W3D1 complete! Wasn't as bad as I thought it would be :smile:

I also did W3D1 this morning. I went onto week 3, against my better judgment, and I agree, it wasn't as bad as I thought! It wasn't so much that it was so much worse than week 2 (which I struggled through), it was just so different that I didn't think so much about whether it was harder or not.
  • NickyJones
    NickyJones Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Finished W2D3 tonight - and feeling good! Was wiped after work today but dragged myself to volleyball, then had a little energy so went out for a late run-and now feel like I could do W2D3 it all over again! But it's off to bed now~:yawn:
  • Margot18904
    Margot18904 Posts: 48
    Options
    W3 D3 done here, and it felt really good! I even managed an extra run at the end of it, as my route was longer than I needed, so I did an extra 6 minutes - I did really push myself but at least I know week 4 won't kill me :smile:

I'm so enjoying this, every time I think I won't be able to do the following week's runs I just remind myself how far I've already come and I keep going - I'm so determined to get to the end and do a 5k. Off on holiday on Friday but will be sticking with it!
  • x_sotonguetied
    Options
    W3D2 - mission complete! today was definitely better than my W3D1, so that was good. wasn't so hot out today as well which was nice!

really pumped that i've actually been sticking with this (and excited about it!). my commitment to these things always seems to fall short. glad i've finally made a change :)
  • Smurfette64
    Smurfette64 Posts: 64
    Options
    OK I have proven I CAN walk faster than I can run :flowerforyou:

Repeated W1D2 yesterday just to walk longer and faster than I attempted to do the running last week :laugh: So think I will stick with the walk/speed walk stints for a couple more weeks and until I drop a litle more weight to feel comfortable enough to attempt the run again :smooched:
  • allimax2002
    allimax2002 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    I finished W1D2 (again) tonight. Its getting soooo hot out! GEEEZ. But nonetheless, per one of the apps on my phone I'm still moving a itty bitty tiny bit faster each time I try. And I'm still alive so I'm gonna keep slowly pushing thru. Hope everyone else is doing well! Keep up the hard work!
  • mamato3inca
    mamato3inca Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    Well, I did W3D2 today. It was way easier today that Mondays run. I know it had a lot to do with eating well the last few days and getting enough sleep, made a HUGE difference. I did the C25K this morning and the 30 day shred tonight. I thought I hated to run, now I realize that I hate Jillian Michaels WAY more :grumble:
  • NickyJones
    NickyJones Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Nonono it's raining and is supposed to rain all weekend :(
    This means no running for me until it clears up...
    Really bummed. :grumble:
  • Leanz
    Leanz Posts: 2,025 Member
    Options
    W3 Day 2 done, and much easier than Day 1.

Thanks for being here to keep me on track!
  • pixietoes
    pixietoes Posts: 1,591 Member
    Options
    Finished Week 3 yesterday. Turning my face toward W4D1 with much humility and a little trepidation.
  • 123nikki123
    Options
    W3D2 Done! Yay me! I love the dripping sweat :bigsmile:
  • 123nikki123
    Options
    Well, I did W3D2 today. It was way easier today that Mondays run. I know it had a lot to do with eating well the last few days and getting enough sleep, made a HUGE difference. I did the C25K this morning and the 30 day shred tonight. I thought I hated to run, now I realize that I hate Jillian Michaels WAY more :grumble:

I hate her too! :) lol
  • CeejayGee
    CeejayGee Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    I finished Week 2 and was AMAZED that I could do it. I originally wasn't even going to try, but I did it.

However, two days ago tried Week 3, aftera 4 day hiatus due to weather. NOT pretty. I am nowhere nearly read for 3 minute runs. I made it 2 minutes and wanted to die. My legs just can't handle it - they are in so much pain.

Anyway, this made me freak out and I didnt even finish or go back to Week 2. And, I didn't go out yesterday and am dreading going out today. I need to join a gym b/c of the heat, but I feel disappointed, intimidated, fat, out of shape, etc. :(
  • CeejayGee
    CeejayGee Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    I finished Week 2 and was AMAZED that I could do it. I originally wasn't even going to try, but I did it.

However, two days ago tried Week 3, aftera 4 day hiatus due to weather. NOT pretty. I am nowhere nearly read for 3 minute runs. I made it 2 minutes and wanted to die. My legs just can't handle it - they are in so much pain.

Anyway, this made me freak out and I didnt even finish or go back to Week 2. And, I didn't go out yesterday and am dreading going out today. I need to join a gym b/c of the heat, but I feel disappointed, intimidated, fat, out of shape, etc. :(

Geesh, I apologize for the typos above. I'm doing 5 things at once LOL.
  • purple1butterfly
    purple1butterfly Posts: 576 Member
    Options
    I am feeling so tired, i will do my run 2morrow
  • soogie_lynch
    Options
    I missed my w3d1 run on Monday so I will be doing it tonight. It will be tough. My workout schedule is all screwy this week due to other commitments so I'll be running on a Bodypump day. Upped my squat and back weight today so my legs might be a little jiggly.
  • Yary
    Yary Posts: 28
    Options
    Started week 4 day 1 two days ago and it was pretty rough. Will probably repeat the week. Anyone doing any HIIT training once or twice a week in addition to c25k? Tried it today did 30 sec to 1 min of rest. I actually enjoyed it alot.
  • FierceFeline
    Options
    Started week 4 day 1 two days ago and it was pretty rough. Will probably repeat the week. Anyone doing any HIIT training once or twice a week in addition to c25k? Tried it today did 30 sec to 1 min of rest. I actually enjoyed it alot.

what HIIT training in particular you doing? TurboFire?
    I am really considering doing it to speed up my toning.