Females attempting to gain weight

Options

Replies

• KristinParris
    KristinParris Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    jhepstall wrote: »
    I was there myself, and I managed to gain 20 pounds! Love to help those in need!

Girl give up the secret! Lol

Yes give up the secret
  • ChandlerLaverty
    ChandlerLaverty Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Gotta gain about 15 lbs for the Air Force ✈️
  • VitaSh
    VitaSh Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    Currently struggling to adjust my mindset to this new goal. I want to gain a lot of muscle so now I'm bulking (started last month after competing), and it's a bit of a mind**** But I'm slowing adjusting. How many calories are you ladies eating? Currently slowly gaining at about 3000 calories with heavy lifting.
  • kstahlke
    kstahlke Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I started eating to build muscle 4 weeks ago. I started at 1700 calories but have consistently been bumping it up to try and gain. I'm up to 1900 calories per day but still maintaining a weight of 125lbs. I'll bump it again on Monday if I haven't gained an ounce. Which I haven't since I started. It's not easy to find maintenance. I used to run a ton (just came off marathon training) so I have no basis that doesn't include tons of miles and tons of meals. No cardio and focusing on weight lifting is totally new to me. But I'm loving it.
  • diannadabrowski
    diannadabrowski Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I hear you girls!
    Just downloaded this app today.
    I stand at 5'9 and 110lbs. To say I'm underweight is an understatement. I NEED TO GAIN ASAP!!!!!! My friend told me about These pills/syrup called Apetamin that increases your appetite. Going to start taking them in two weeks when I move back home ! I'll let you guys know if it worked!!!!
  • eomuno215in541
    eomuno215in541 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    Me. I'm also trying to gain and need support along the way :)

Eat lots of healthy fats. Like cashews. Fastest way to gain, for me lol

• natmfong
    natmfong Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm currently starting a new journey in life to gain weight. To most, that sounds ridiculous. But for me, it truly is a struggle. So, with that being said, I'm looking for a great support group. Any ladies interested?

I would like to join a group, I have been struggling in weight gaining and through my whole life I've been put down about my weight. I am 27 and I am currently underweight as well I am now a vegetarian so it will be a little harder for me to gain weight at this moment. I haven't had the greatest supportive people so I am looking for a support group who are as well joining me in this journey in weight gaining.
    :)
  • blessmyjoy
    blessmyjoy Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm definitely in.... anyone with positive help and ideas please share!!
  • priss831566
    priss831566 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Recovering from health issues and resulting anxiety. Thinner than I've ever been and not enjoying it. I'm 5'2", about 100 lbs, age 34. Still struggling with gastritis so diet is limited.
  • tiffanyaiv
    tiffanyaiv Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    D
    natmfong wrote: »
    I'm currently starting a new journey in life to gain weight. To most, that sounds ridiculous. But for me, it truly is a struggle. So, with that being said, I'm looking for a great support group. Any ladies interested?

I would like to join a group, I have been struggling in weight gaining and through my whole life I've been put down about my weight. I am 27 and I am currently underweight as well I am now a vegetarian so it will be a little harder for me to gain weight at this moment. I haven't had the greatest supportive people so I am looking for a support group who are as well joining me in this journey in weight gaining.
    :)

ditto!! :smile:
  • kiyapiya
    kiyapiya Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I hear you girls!
    Just downloaded this app today.
    I stand at 5'9 and 110lbs. To say I'm underweight is an understatement. I NEED TO GAIN ASAP!!!!!! My friend told me about These pills/syrup called Apetamin that increases your appetite. Going to start taking them in two weeks when I move back home ! I'll let you guys know if it worked!!!!

It also makes you ridiculously dead sleepy so watch out for that.
  • robbiedcaldwell
    robbiedcaldwell Posts: 1 Member
    Options

• naomimonks83
    naomimonks83 Posts: 12 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    I'm in too! At nearly 32, and a life time of this slim build I want to look and feel like a woman and a mum. So it's time to make gains.
    I've just bought an awesome book too that is amazing for this journey.
    Feel free to add me ladies
  • tiffanyaiv
    tiffanyaiv Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    I'm in too! At nearly 32, and a life time of this slim build I want to look and feel like a woman and a mum. So it's time to make gains.
    I've just bought an awesome book too that is amazing for this journey.
    Feel free to add me ladies
    What is the book? :smile:
  • hdkerr004
    hdkerr004 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Count me in. Iv'e always been underweight and small-framed but now, with my illness I was diagnosed with, weight gain is top priority (i'm 5'5, 86 pounds)
  • naomimonks83
    Options
    rew5on4pah81.jpg

This is the book Tiffany.
  • naomimonks83
    Options
    Me!! Im over 6st...not sure what that is in pounds or whatever!? Im new to this but im determined to look better.does anyone know any good protein supplements for this sort of weight gain? I don't want to be a body builder btw :smile:

You want carb/fat based as much as possible and reduce protein intake (not for life, just whilst actually gaining weight) as protein speeds up metabolism by 30%. (Knowledge from 'the book'
  • jazzy637
    jazzy637 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm also underweight and am trying to eat healthier and gain weight and would love to be supported and support others so please add me. I am new at this and could use all the help I can get. Thanks (:
  • KarinaMartinez14
    KarinaMartinez14 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm only 86 lbs (27 yrs old) and seriously need to gain some weight can't even wear shorts/skirts my legs are toothpicks
  • faithyang
    faithyang Posts: 297 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    kstahlke wrote: »
    I started eating to build muscle 4 weeks ago. I started at 1700 calories but have consistently been bumping it up to try and gain. I'm up to 1900 calories per day but still maintaining a weight of 125lbs. I'll bump it again on Monday if I haven't gained an ounce. Which I haven't since I started. It's not easy to find maintenance. I used to run a ton (just came off marathon training) so I have no basis that doesn't include tons of miles and tons of meals. No cardio and focusing on weight lifting is totally new to me. But I'm loving it.

@kstahlke, how do you get over the mental hump that you're eating "too many" calories?
    I've been on a weight loss journey for a while and recently reached my goal weight. My weight has slipped recently to below the healthy BMI due to a stressful few weeks.

I've been slowly increased my food intake but because I've just come out of a weight loss mentality and habit building I get this morbid fear that I am going to get fat if I eat too many calories. Then there's the fact that I simply do not really feel hungry or have an appetite to eat...which seems to be an almost cruel side effect of having lost weight with an aim to eat what I want now turned into a weight goal achieved but now not able to eat what I want. :neutral:

I want to move on to a tone up phase which obviously include getting myself back into a healthy BMI. I do run quite a fair bit too and that's been contributing to my weight loss since its cardio intensive, and I haven't done much or any strength.

Any tips would be highly appreciated! :smile: