Just for today --- daily commitment thread

Options

Replies

• jabrams1955
    jabrams1955 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    On vacation! JFT I will make good choices at restaurants; hike as long as I can in the mountains, the others in my group will tire out before I do so push them a little. Enjoy the hike I have been so looking forward to
    Drink more water today.
  • Rebamae
    Rebamae Posts: 744 Member
    Options
    Sun 6/21/15
    1. I will eat only my planned food - no late night snacking. accomplished :)
    2. Walk :s
    3. Enjoy our Grandson's BD party without eating any of the cake. accomplished :)

Mon 6/22/15
    1. I will eat only my planned food - no late night snacking.
    2.More steps today than yesterday
    3. I will plan my meal before eating at a restaurant today (this will be on each day this week as I have appointments all week.
  • MAnthonyEvans
    MAnthonyEvans Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Good for you Rebamae!!
  • MAnthonyEvans
    MAnthonyEvans Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    1. Get all my veggie servings
    2. Get back on treadmill for at least 15 mins
    3. Do an exercise with one of the YouTube exercise groups
    4. No junk
  • uwouldluvme2
    uwouldluvme2 Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    Mon 6/22
    1. No more than 35g of carbs
    2. Eat the meals I prepped yesterday
    3. 40 min cardio
    4. Train legs- incorporating at least 3 sets of lunges with 20lb plates
  • dianhend
    dianhend Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Mon 6/22
    1. log everything I eat
    2. eat no more that 1200 calories
    3. 10,000 steps
  • aerochic42
    aerochic42 Posts: 821 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    JFT Monday I really need to work on setting weekend goals
    1. cook chicken for salads (yes it is in the fridge this time)
    2. extra fluids to help prevent random allergic reaction on face
    3. on that note, keep hands off face.
    4. mow or exercise. This will largely be dependent on when I get home
  • vicky1947mfp
    vicky1947mfp Posts: 1,527 Member
    Options
    I guess today will be my rest day since my Fitbit battery is not charged. I will walk as much as possible but won't have a record.

Try to not give in to munchies here at the hospital with my dad. If here at lunch eat a salad.
  • esmesqualor
    esmesqualor Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    My weekend was bad! Too many family get-togethers, and though I did much of the cooking I was not careful with my portions and I did not entirely avoid the foods I planned to avoid. In general I am feeling that my cravings are hormonal (peri-menopause) and I am having much more trouble than ever before staying on track!! My new plan is to figure out my meals in advance and to pre-track them. Wishing myself luck!
  • vicky1947mfp
    Options
    My weekend was bad! Too many family get-togethers, and though I did much of the cooking I was not careful with my portions and I did not entirely avoid the foods I planned to avoid. In general I am feeling that my cravings are hormonal (peri-menopause) and I am having much more trouble than ever before staying on track!! My new plan is to figure out my meals in advance and to pre-track them. Wishing myself luck!

I am wishing you luck too. It can be very difficult when trying to avoid all those good food items at family gatherings.

But that is over and done with. Today is a new day and start. It took a while for the cravings to stop. I just had to realize that it is ok to feel hungry and crave things. I just had to bite the bullet and not give in to the cravings. Because I knew how much I wanted to be healthier and look better.

Every once in a while those cravings rear their ugly head but they are fewer and farther between. I just exercise for the calories I want when I have a treat.

Good luck. We are all cheering for you.
  • azulvioleta6
    azulvioleta6 Posts: 4,196 Member
    Options

Sunday:

Not feeling well, so it's hard to set goals today. I may need to take another rest day. OK, one goal:

1. 12,000 steps :( 10,963

Monday:

Still feeling a bit iffy. Entirely possible that I will not meet my goals today, but here it goes:
    1. 10,000 steps
    2. gardening
    3. lift weights
  • feistyjojo
    feistyjojo Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    Didn't get to
    feistyjojo wrote: »
    Weekend review: Planned to have one -bad' day over weekend. Had 3.

Not looking forward to weigh in tomorrow. My goal deadline is creeping closer so I need to recommit again and get going.

So Monday's goals:
    - double bootcamp if back will allow (pulled a muscle on Friday)
    - eat back max 25% of exercise calories

Happy Midsummer everyone!

Didn't get to Bootcamp at all (back and injury combo).
    AND I made some good food choices so have hit my calorie goal for the day nonetheless. :-)
  • feistyjojo
    Options
    feistyjojo wrote: »
    Weekend review: Planned to have one -bad' day over weekend. Had 3.

Not looking forward to weigh in tomorrow. My goal deadline is creeping closer so I need to recommit again and get going.

So Monday's goals:
    - double bootcamp if back will allow (pulled a muscle on Friday)
    - eat back max 25% of exercise calories

Happy Midsummer everyone!

Didn't get to Bootcamp at all (back and injury combo).
    AND I made some good food choices so have hit my calorie goal for the day nonetheless. :-)
  • feistyjojo
    Options
    Tuesday's goals
    - Make best possible choices I can during the all day conference I'm at.
    - Eat slowly and stop when I'm full
  • losingrae
    losingrae Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    Trying to get back into it. I am really struggling in all areas, not just diet/exercise:

Just for Today June 22nd
    1. log all food
    2. drink 8 glasses of water
    3. do exercises: push-ups/sit-ups/squats
  • Saragirl2
    Saragirl2 Posts: 630 Member
    Options
    Sorry folks-I'm flying by the seat of my pants today so just posting now!
    JFT
    Really struggled. Plan was off, no structure & lunch out on top of it all. Grateful to have lunch out but just threw me off.
    I did manage to get in Pilates & I'm about to mow the lawn which is some good exercise.
    Early to bed-can't wait!
    Tomorrow I will start fresh.

• ruby70
    ruby70 Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    JFT Tuesday
    stop feeling sorry for myself & realize this is as hard or easy as I want to make it.
    focus on all my qualities and not just the number on the scale. I weighed this morning & high 180.2 That is the highest number I have ever seen. I will be honest I have not been counting calories & I don't want to. I have been working out and being active. I don't know where I fit anymore. Why does it have to be so hard & why does the scale just keep moving up? Last June I was down to 163 a year ago. Maybe I have already given up:(

• seeingthelight
    seeingthelight Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    maybe you need to log your food even thought you don't want to LOL. I don't want to either----but, if I figure out what I am going to eat for the day and log it while I eat breakfast- I know when to stop eating-when all the logged food has been eaten! It's the only way for me-believe me I've tried it every other way!
  • ruby70
    ruby70 Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    maybe you need to log your food even thought you don't want to LOL. I scalewant to either----but, if I figure out what I am going to eat for the day and log it while I eat breakfast- I know when to stop eating-when all the logged food has been eaten! It's the only way for me-believe me I've tried it every other way!

Thanks for the support. I just wish it could be simple, workout, enjoy meal time and not keep seeing the scale go up. I mean is that what the rest of my life needs to be to log 1200 calories a day? I am not out pounding junk food or fast food but obviously it must be too much. Before the mid life I just did want I did and it all balanced. It was enjoyable & everything worked. it did not seem hard at all I enjoyed working out and wanted to do more because there were postive
    results. I will go through weeks of total commitment and do not see any loss.
  • vicky1947mfp
    Options
    ruby70 wrote: »
    JFT Tuesday
    stop feeling sorry for myself & realize this is as hard or easy as I want to make it.
    focus on all my qualities and not just the number on the scale. I weighed this morning & high 180.2 That is the highest number I have ever seen. I will be honest I have not been counting calories & I don't want to. I have been working out and being active. I don't know where I fit anymore. Why does it have to be so hard & why does the scale just keep moving up? Last June I was down to 163 a year ago. Maybe I have already given up:(

I finally realized that I needed to do it for my health and wellbeing. I do not want diabetes, heart trouble or just wasting my life being a couch potato.

Remember anything you really want is not always easy. But do you want to trade what you want at the moment for what you want for a healthy life?

Small victories add up to major accomplishments. You can do this. Slow and steady wins the race.

Please don't give up. You are so worth any effort you put forth. Imagine how you want to look in those skinny jeans which is just one benefit from living a healthy life.

I still sometimes have weak moments but they are short lived and I get right back to my healthy eating and exercise. I have finally realized that I will have to do this for life because I love how much better I feel and look. And I am so worth it.

You are too. Good luck.