Senior Golden Sneakers -May 2011

Options

Replies

• delraybuzz
    delraybuzz Posts: 2,779 Member
    Options
    BARBIE, your outlook is always so positive and uplifting! ...Perhaps when the weather stabilizes, prospective buyers will feel like coming out to look!

MARIE, it was my understanding you started this Golden Sneakers. And you contribute so much good cheer. Do you want to tell us why you arrived at this decision? Let's talk before you make a final decision, sis, OK? :wink:

Buzz
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,992 Member
    Options
    :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: Marie, how can you leave us?????? It won't be the same without you :cry: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad:
  • pinkperil
    pinkperil Posts: 5,072 Member
    Options
    I have been debating all day and have decided i am going to say good bye too. At least for now.

Marie ~ I kept typing and deleting a variety of messages that I felt may or may not be misconstrued so will just say I've loved your posts, photos and getting to know you and will miss you. Watch the diet and don't overdo that cream!!:bigsmile:

Jackie:heart:
  • gigi46
    gigi46 Posts: 196
    Options
    Happy Thursday everyone!

So sad to see Marie go:cry::cry: :cry: you're our foundation, our rock and must of all we look up to you:sad: :sad: :sad: words can't not explain how sad I'm about you leaving us, sometime there are reasons beyond our means, so my friend I will miss you very much.

Today wil be my last post until I get back, we're leaving from O'Hare tomorrow night to Milan Italy, 10 day Northern Italy with Venice & Tuscany, also included Montecatini, Florence and other places, Buzz you're right wonderful area and fantastic weather.
    Then we take a train to Rome, there we have rented an apartment for 8 days by the Vatican, we arrive on Sunday, Tuesday morning
    I need to pick up tickets for the wednesday mass with the Pope, I ordered them a few months ago, we're all so excited for this event. we're taking our time in Rome no tours, just seeing everything in own time. Then we flight to Sicily for 7 days after that we're
    going to Flight to Paris for five days, Mike & I have been in Paris twice but our friends this will be their first visit so we're let them
    make the plans for what ever they want to see, will be home on June 24. We can't wait Mike has been planning this trips for over a year. Well my friends have a wonderful and save June. Looking forward to tell all about this life time trip, This has been a dream
    Mike and I had for so long and now its real. I'll miss you all.

Gigi:heart::heart: :heart: :heart: :heart:
  • BirdieM
    BirdieM Posts: 791 Member
    Options
    Marie, I will miss you and I can't quite imagine what this thread will be without you!:cry: We're like family...:love: .and it's like our mom is going.:frown: You must do whatever is right for you,:flowerforyou: so I send my love and best wishes!:heart: Take care lovely lady!:love:
    BirdieM:heart:
  • BirdieM
    Options
    Happy Thursday everyone!

So sad to see Marie go:cry::cry: :cry: you're our foundation, our rock and must of all we look up to you:sad: :sad: :sad: words can't not explain how sad I'm about you leaving us, sometime there are reasons beyond our means, so my friend I will miss you very much.

Today wil be my last post until I get back, we're leaving from O'Hare tomorrow night to Milan Italy, 10 day Northern Italy with Venice & Tuscany, also included Montecatini, Florence and other places, Buzz you're right wonderful area and fantastic weather.
    Then we take a train to Rome, there we have rented an apartment for 8 days by the Vatican, we arrive on Sunday, Tuesday morning
    I need to pick up tickets for the wednesday mass with the Pope, I ordered them a few months ago, we're all so excited for this event. we're taking our time in Rome no tours, just seeing everything in own time. Then we flight to Sicily for 7 days after that we're
    going to Flight to Paris for five days, Mike & I have been in Paris twice but our friends this will be their first visit so we're let them
    make the plans for what ever they want to see, will be home on June 24. We can't wait Mike has been planning this trips for over a year. Well my friends have a wonderful and save June. Looking forward to tell all about this life time trip, This has been a dream
    Mike and I had for so long and now its real. I'll miss you all.

Gigi:heart::heart: :heart: :heart: :heart:
  • BirdieM
    Options
    Hello everyone,

We're finally home, the wedding was beautiful, on Friday morning my brother rented a Yachet for the day, we had a great time, our family, his family and the wedding party, the weather was fantastic sunny, they provided all the food and drinks, we were all over the bay, returned by 2:00PM to get ready for the rehearsel dinner, they all need to be at the church by 5:30, I went to decorate the tables at the restaurant, everything turn out very nice. The whole evening was full of happiness and love. Was great sharing this time together. Now the wedding was awesome, she was a beautiful bride and walked down with her Mom and Dad, they have been divorced for a long time. The ceremony was so pretty. Then to reception drinks and food was served by the pool, beautiful setting.
    After to the revolving restaurant for the rest of the time, the bride had taking care every details you can think of, from the setup to the most beautiful center piece, was almost a feeling that we were at a Ball Room. They are a beautiful couple and now they are on their Honey Moon. We all love to dance in our family, I got to dance with my brother like old times, we all had a great time.
    My Mother was there for pictures at the church, went to the reception and by the end of the night she was very tired.
    Well everyone now I'm getting ready for Italy, hope to post again before I go.
    Take care everyone, so sorry to see Phoebe gone, I'll miss her.:cry::cry: :cry:

Gigi

A dream trip indeed!:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: How I would love to go on such a trip!:happy: Be safe and enjoy! Tell the pope I said hi!:laugh:
    BirdieM:bigsmile:

PS I got posted on the previous post before I could say anything!!!:laugh:
  • fancyladyJeri
    fancyladyJeri Posts: 1,316 Member
    Options
    I just read a few back pages. I haven't had the opportunity to do so while I was away. What on earth happened. I can't believe the members that are leaving. So sad.
  • CALIECAT
    CALIECAT Posts: 12,530 Member
    Options
    I am just taking a few days of to get adjusted to my new diet plan. This is an entirely difference than any plan I have been on. But it is the first plan that keep me out of the cookie jar.So no more about my plan . Just heard from gayla and she is returning to the sneakers soon. Now if we can just get phoebe back.But anyway sneakers here I come. I go regular to my doctors and if they find a reason for me to change I will. But in the mean time I Am learning all I can about this plan.

Jerry is doing so much better. We still dont know the results yet Probable want till they do nother test. But the outside of hi neck is looking real good so the inside is bound to be better too. and he is not coughting and spitting up as much. thought I was going to have to go out nd buy him a spit can.

I love you all to much to stay away. This has been the reasons I get up every morning to talk to all of you. This thread is my life.And I love you all so much.
    Lets make this a loving thread again. Sandy has done a wonderful job of holding us together, So proud of her. and to the rest
    of you too

Be seeing you. Now I feel so much better.

Love Marie.
  • Sandydur
    Sandydur Posts: 9,126 Member
    Options
    pretty_flower_bouquet.gif

:heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: WE LOVE YOU MARIE!!:heart::heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart:
    You take all the time you need to get adjusted, but at least pop in and say hi to us each day. You are the sunshine on our lives. :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:

Today is a day for smiles and sunshine. :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: We need Maddie to send us a little dance and /or joke. :laugh:

Birdie, I bet it feels good to not be so busy for a change. :bigsmile:

Gigi, have a wonderful trip to Italy. How great is it that you got a Mass with the Pope?? My daughter and her DH are in Italy as I write, they took a cruise for their 25th. Bon Vogage!!

Barbie, you sure have been getting a lot of rain lately, I hope you dry out soon. :tongue:

De, Zack and I didn't go to the movie, he went with my DIL and granddaughter to a place called Pump it Up, which is inflatables that you jump on. I will save the movie for another day. I asked him if he missed his parents and he said no. :laugh:

Jeri, welcome back!! Sounds like a wonderful birthday for your dh Aunt Jean. 99? Can you imagine?? God Bless her!!

Shirley, loves your inspiration picture, it is so true.:heart:

I am finally going to go to my meeting today and boy do I need it. My patience is growing thin with my husband and of course step son always is on my nerves so it is time to get back to taking care of myself again. Have a wonderful day and don't sweat the small stuff.
  • barbiecat
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Gigi, your trip sounds fabulous. I know you will enjoy every minute of it and stay active so your health will continue to benefit.

:flowerforyou: Marie, I'm glad that you won't be leaving us. It wouldn't be the same without you. Your paleo diet sounds a lot like clean eating which is something I've read a lot about and one of the benefits is lower sodium which should make you and all your doctors very happy. That's good news that Gayla might be popping in sometime soon :bigsmile: It also sounds like good news about Jerry. All that waiting for medical test results is so frustrating and scary.

:flowerforyou: I sent Barb another message. I really miss her :sad:

:bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: Here are some more of my thoughts as I'm reading my new book "The Thin Commandments Diet"

A woman is in the social hall kitchen where preparations are being made for a party. There are plates of cookies, several attractive men, and a jar of $5.00 bills. Why is it that the woman can easily resist pocketing the money and hugging the attractive men but has no second thoughts about eating the cookies that she knows aren’t part of her food plan?

Thin Commandment #2 “Think Historically, Not Just Calorically”
    “Knowing your own history hands you the key to the most scientific approach you will ever find to losing weight. When you can predict in advance your responses to food based on your history and use strategy accordingly, you stop being a victim who marches blindly through the world of food, tripping over the same potholes again and again.”

This is why I stopped having certain foods in my house and generally stay away from potlucks and buffets. I decided to say no to birthday cake (and later to all desserts) because I’ve never eaten just a little. Giving these things up forever is a good strategy. In some cases I’ve tried having them again and discovered that I am still as unable to control my consumption so I return to abstinence again knowing that it works for me.

:cry: :cry: even so, I miss my peanut butter :cry: :cry: :cry: but I just don't know how to be moderate about it :cry: :cry: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • fancyladyJeri
    Options
    880aefe4.png
  • barbiecat
    Options
    :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: yippee :bigsmile: we have sunshine today so Jake could cut the grass. I'll take the frisky poodles to the dog park later but I think they like the rainy days better because they have the park to themselves and the little birds fly down close so they can chase them and bark at them :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • fancyladyJeri
    Options
    I am having trouble uploading photos using photo bucket and my iPad. They seem to upload as pngs rather than jogs. Has anyone else had this problem?
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    880aefe4.png
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    I did it for you. all you needed to do is make IMG at the beginning and at the end to lower case

Very lovely tulips. Such a pretty site.Thanks for sharing, Jeri
    You have time go back and change both places
    Love Marie
  • BirdieM
    Options
    I love you all to much to stay away. This has been the reasons I get up every morning to talk to all of you. This thread is my life.And I love you all so much.
    Lets make this a loving thread again. Sandy has done a wonderful job of holding us together, So proud of her. and to the rest
    of you too

Be seeing you. Now I feel so much better.

Love Marie.

Yay! We love you too Marie!:heart: Glad Jerry is doing well. We look forward to hearing from you!!:flowerforyou:

BirdieM:heart:
  • debzwill
    debzwill Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    Marie, so glad you have decided to stay. Any plan that keeps away the 'cookie jar' sounds good to me:bigsmile:
    So happy that Jerry is doing well and no spit can:wink:

Sandy, yes you must take some you time. It's so hard to take care of others and you have been doing a lot of that. You must feel shattered. Maybe with some rest, your sciatica will improve as your knees have. It is a good job that you are doing with Zack, if he does'nt miss his parents:laugh:

Jackie, hows that tooth today? When I got to work my colleague had done the same thing!! Her dentist agreed to see her as a emergency, but bless her she was starving by this afternoon. She had'nt eaten since dinner yesterday. Her dentist has temp packed it and she has to go back in a couple of weeks for the permanent.

Something is wrong with our flashplayer, so I can't look at the photos Jeri. It's good to have you back.

Sooo much rain today. Lots and lots lots! Fed up with it now:laugh: ( I know, we need it bad) Got used to the sun and the warm.

I have some time off work next week, so hope its sunny again.

Love to you allxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • debzwill
    debzwill Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    Lovely photo of the tulips Jeri. So pretty and colourful.
    Well done Marie for posting it. You both snuck in while I was posting lol.
  • LUV2CRUZ
    LUV2CRUZ Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    hmmmmm, Sandy wants a joke?????

"Old people shouldn't eat health foods. They need all the preservatives they can get."

annnnnnnd, Sandy wants a dance???? Here's one I shared with Deb:

Zumba.gif

Maddie :drinker: