Goal: Lose 29 pounds in 4 months

Options
13»

Replies

• oXGetFitBabeXo
    oXGetFitBabeXo Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    Well... from our discussion 2 months ago i've lost 10 pounds.. I have about 8 weeks to lose another 10 and then the last 10 will have to come off another time!.. Just checking in!
  • JustMe2691
    JustMe2691 Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    Congrats on the 1/2 way mark! Just keep in mind that the closer you get to your goal, the slower the weight loss will likely be. Just keep on going and you will reach your goal. It may not be in the time frame you set, but you will get to your goal. Again, Congrats!
  • terar21
    terar21 Posts: 523 Member
    Options
    I had similar stats (shorter so slightly less weight so the ratio works out to the same thing).

I lost at a rate between a half pound and pound (pound to begin and half pound the closer I got).

From my own persona experience, it's MUCH more sustainable losing that way. The last 15-20 pounds I had a 3-day a week strength training routine.

There are many reasons people are saying it's too aggressive. Example a) the deficit you'll need to create for a 2 pound a week loss is just too severe. It'll put you eating 1200 calories. Example b) the more aggressively you lose weight at your size, the more likely it is to be a good chunk of muscle...when you're really not that much overweight, it really is very crucial to ensure it's not muscle mass you're losing. The results can be very disappointing because the more muscle you drop, the less of a visual difference it's going to make in terms of where you'd like your body to be and you'll likely be sitting there at your goal weight feeling "softer" than you'd like to feel. Was it annoying seeing half a pound for many of the weeks I was losing? Yes. But the end results has been chipping away the fat to reveal muscle that slow loss and lifting helped me keep.