Men...

Options

Replies

• JenniferH81
    JenniferH81 Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    I dont like getting flowers, sure they're pretty and smell wonderful, but they last for a week then they're garbage. it's a waste of money.
  • koosdel
    koosdel Posts: 3,317 Member
    Options
    I don't have time to wait for my guy to figure stuff out. Whatever I want from my man I just tell him.

If only more were like you.
  • jad54
    jad54 Posts: 192
    Options
    women get way too susoicious, its a slippery slope

^^^^cheater
  • Breckgirl
    Breckgirl Posts: 606 Member
    Options
    My Ex had a standing order with the florist that every six weeks they were to deliver a flower arrangement to me at my job. My boss would always call her husband and tell him about it. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • SweetLe
    SweetLe Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    i put gas in my wife's car!!

what now?!?!:smokin:

As much as I agree and LOVE getting flowers....right now this is what I want :drinker:
  • ket_the_jet
    ket_the_jet Posts: 1,257 Member
    Options
    I normally buy a girl a dozen roses when I break up with her.

I like breakups to be as memorable as they are devastating.
    -wtk
  • DarkAngel864
    DarkAngel864 Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    I have never gotten flowers from a man (dad excluded) in my entire 28 years of life :sick:
  • RoadDog
    RoadDog Posts: 2,946 Member
    Options
    If your relationship is teetering and happiness is contingent on the delivery of a dozen roses, you just may need to re-evaluate and look at making some changes in some more important areas.
  • sbwood888
    sbwood888 Posts: 953 Member
    Options
    You know what I love? When my husband just up and does the dishes for no apparent reason. He'll say, "Honey. You relax. I'll take care of it". He doesn't do it very often, but when he does, my heart just swells! :smooched:
  • solpwr
    solpwr Posts: 1,039 Member
    Options
    This topic made me think about a) my failed marriage and b) my pondering a new relationship. Yeah no. Staying away from the girls. Too many complexities. I'm not good at it. Thanks for the reminder!
  • tammyquinnlmt
    tammyquinnlmt Posts: 680 Member
    Options
    For me, flowers are always a pleasent suprise. I've only gotten them like 5 times in 14 years of marriage. However, my fantasy is to come home from work and finding my hubby wearing nothing but an apron cleaning the kitchen. Now that, would make for both happy husband and happy wife!
  • tammyquinnlmt
    tammyquinnlmt Posts: 680 Member
    Options
    I don't have time to wait for my guy to figure stuff out. Whatever I want from my man I just tell him.

Sooo agree with this. If you tell a man what you want, most will comply. My husband is learning to do things like give me random compliments and fold laundry. It makes me happy!
  • Hannah_Banana
    Hannah_Banana Posts: 1,242 Member
    Options
    LOL!! Guys make you want to be a lesbian...but you wouldn't date someone as crazy and emotional as yourself =p.

Truer words were never spoken. I embrace my female insanity, I think it makes me interesting and unpredictable. :laugh:

Men get their mystery by not saying much at all, women get it by saying something different every time. :wink:
  • kelly6485
    kelly6485 Posts: 78
    Options
    Hmmmm......I don't recall getting a surprise gift of any kind anytime in the past few years....... I got flowers once as a suck up gift.......

Women love caring, thoughtful gifts, doesn't have to be flowers, or expensive, I personally like flowers, but not every girl does, I also like stupid thoughtful gifts like, lets say, my favorite chocolate during that TOM lol, but honestly, just a nice truthful compliment works just as well, and that's free! Women like feeling loved and appreciated , end of story!! =)
  • DESIREE1210
    DESIREE1210 Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    Great advice, wish my husband would do that for just no reason other than he loves me and is thinking of me.
  • angryguy77
    angryguy77 Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    Random flowers have never "made my night" nor has random jewelry or a letter. I still do it, but not nearly as often as I used too.
    Of course I didn't do these things for selfish reasons, but after awhile you kind of lose interest in doing it if it doesn't spark anyting from time to time.
    Advice to ladies, if your husband brings home flowers or a gift, don't hop into bed and go to straight to sleep each and every time, unless you desire to kill the romance. Throw him a bone every now and then and it will go a long way.

This is from a guy who used to try hard to be romantic and listen to what my wife wanted. Unfortunately, I gave up.
  • BigBeaver
    BigBeaver Posts: 858 Member
    Options
    smiley-laughing017.gifHA HA HA!! You are SOOO funny!!! The last time I bought flowers for my wife, she chewed me out for spending the money! smiley-rolleyes009.gif

I have women pretty much figured out. I call it Ted's Law in Dealing with the Opposite Sex.
    1. You (The male) can NOT win.
    2. You (The male) do have to play.
    3. The rules WILL change to suit the game.
    4. The reasons for this are still somewhat unclear, the most promising theory on causation of the order of relationship status is that the female has a microchip with mood altering programming embedded in her at some point in life. Conventional thought is that it coincides with adolescence, but this has not been definitively proven.
    5. When a precious metal; most commonly in conjunction with a precious stone, is applied to the 4th digit of the left hand, the microchip is then activated. Mood is from this point altered, often irrevocably.
    6. The female is free to behave in any manner she wishes, and exercises total control of access to the nuclear storehouse. smiley-rolleyes005.gif
    6a, All men are considered Third World Countries and women alone have coveted "Nuclear Technology"
    Any variances or questions regarding the application of this law will be referred to rule #1.

That's pretty much where my science has taken me....

Ted, you are a genius!
  • littttlelaurra
    littttlelaurra Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    :frown: I have never had a guy give me flowers ever .. pouts, and now I dont even have a guy lol.
  • NoWeighJose74
    NoWeighJose74 Posts: 581 Member
    Options
    :frown: I have never had a guy give me flowers ever .. pouts, and now I dont even have a guy lol.

:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • reepobob
    reepobob Posts: 1,172 Member
    Options

Someone is going to have to remedy that...