Alli

Options

Replies

• juggernaut1974
    juggernaut1974 Posts: 6,212 Member
    Options
    Clarewho wrote: »
    If a person took alli and reduced their fat intake, if those 'fat calories' were then replaced with calories from non fat sources then there would still be no weight loss. Would there?? I'm not trying to cause an argument it's a serious question :)

Assuming equivalent calories, correct.
  • Alyssa_Is_LosingIt
    Alyssa_Is_LosingIt Posts: 4,696 Member
    Options
    If a person took alli and reduced their fat intake, if those 'fat calories' were then replaced with calories from non fat sources then there would still be no weight loss. Would there?? I'm not trying to cause an argument it's a serious question :)

You are correct. You have to monitor your intake while on this pill anyway, which is why it is totally unnecessary. It's just that if you decide you want to fit a cheeseburger into your goals one day, you're going to have a bad time. With CICO alone, you can have a cheeseburger and not poop yourself.
  • juggernaut1974
    Options

You are correct. You have to monitor your intake while on this pill anyway, which is why it is totally unnecessary. It's just that if you decide you want to fit a cheeseburger into your goals one day, you're going to have a bad time. With CICO alone, you can have a cheeseburger and not poop yourself.

Awfully big assumption there...assuming one's goal is to not poop oneself. ;)
  • Alyssa_Is_LosingIt
    Options
    ceoverturf wrote: »

Awfully big assumption there...assuming one's goal is to not poop oneself. ;)

You're right, I really shouldn't generalize...it has gotten me into trouble on these boards before. :lol:
  • That1Chick_Brit
    That1Chick_Brit Posts: 2,541 Member
    Options

Doesn't look like I am going to try it. Figured no harm in asking. I'd rather not anyway.

What are your stats? Can you open your diary? We can help you, if you're open to advice.

Thanks for the video. It was very informative. I use measuring cups and spoons when when makings anything. I dont typically weigh my fruits and vegetable. Maybe that is where I am coming in wrong. Im on a 1300 calorie deficit. I am a mother of 3 and I also baby sit 2 more kids. I am very active so I dont think I am set too high. I thought I diary was open? I havent logged though in quite some time. I quit trying. :( I know that is all on me.
  • juggernaut1974
    Options
    Doesn't look like I am going to try it. Figured no harm in asking. I'd rather not anyway.

What are your stats? Can you open your diary? We can help you, if you're open to advice.

Thanks for the video. It was very informative. I use measuring cups and spoons when when makings anything. I dont typically weigh my fruits and vegetable. Maybe that is where I am coming in wrong. Im on a 1300 calorie deficit. I am a mother of 3 and I also baby sit 2 more kids. I am very active so I dont think I am set too high. I thought I diary was open? I havent logged though in quite some time. I quit trying. :( I know that is all on me.

1300 calorie deficit...or 1300 calorie daily goal?
  • That1Chick_Brit
    Options
    I am going to give it another shot and see where it takes me. I don't want to give up.
  • That1Chick_Brit
    Options

1300 calorie deficit...or 1300 calorie daily goal?[/

I meant goal sorry
  • Alyssa_Is_LosingIt
    edited June 2015
    Options
    I am going to give it another shot and see where it takes me. I don't want to give up.

Don't give up. Buy a food scale. It is a small investment ($10-15 on Amazon or at WalMart). It is a total game changer.

You won't regret it!
  • Serah87
    Serah87 Posts: 5,481 Member
    Options
    I would rather not take any pills. I hate taking and kind of pills for anything. I do measure everything. And I know I read time and time again that if your not losing that your're eating more than you think, but trust me, That is not the case.

Yes, but how are you measuring your intake?

https://youtu.be/vjKPIcI51lU

OP WATCH!!! ^^^^^
  • That1Chick_Brit
    Options
    I also tend to try and log things a little higher to leave some wiggle room
  • strong_curves
    strong_curves Posts: 2,229 Member
    Options

Get a food scale! This youtube video explains why.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=JVjWPclrWVY
  • Ninkyou
    Ninkyou Posts: 6,666 Member
    Options

Well there's your problem. You are eating more than you think because you're not tracking anything accurately at all.
  • That1Chick_Brit
    Options
    So if I eat 2 eggs for breakfast and log two whole eggs. or put 2 teaspoons of creamer in my coffee and log 2 teaspoons, that isn't logging anything correctly? Not being a smart a**, just really asking.
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    Ninkyou wrote: »

Well there's your problem. You are eating more than you think because you're not tracking anything accurately at all.

+1
  • Alyssa_Is_LosingIt
    Options
    So if I eat 2 eggs for breakfast and log two whole eggs. or put 2 teaspoons of creamer in my coffee and log 2 teaspoons, that isn't logging anything correctly? Not being a smart a**, just really asking.

Eggs can vary quite a bit by weight. What size eggs do you eat? There are small, medium, large, and extra large eggs. I've had Grade A large eggs weigh in at anywhere between 40-60 grams. The default for large eggs is 50 grams.

It may not seem like much, but little underestimations like that all day long can really add up.
  • sofaking6
    sofaking6 Posts: 4,589 Member
    Options
    bpal?
  • Ninkyou
    Ninkyou Posts: 6,666 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options

Eggs can vary in size and weight.

My (large) eggs typically weigh 46-52g. that's 66 vs 74 calories. Sure it's only 8 calories, but when you get to things that are higher in calories, it really begins to add up. Before you know it you're eating 300 extra calories.

So no, without actually weighing, it's not accurate.