Alli

13»

Replies

• That1Chick_Brit
    That1Chick_Brit Posts: 2,541 Member
    Doesn't look like I am going to try it. Figured no harm in asking. I'd rather not anyway.

What are your stats? Can you open your diary? We can help you, if you're open to advice.

Thanks for the video. It was very informative. I use measuring cups and spoons when when makings anything. I dont typically weigh my fruits and vegetable. Maybe that is where I am coming in wrong. Im on a 1300 calorie deficit. I am a mother of 3 and I also baby sit 2 more kids. I am very active so I dont think I am set too high. I thought I diary was open? I havent logged though in quite some time. I quit trying. :( I know that is all on me.

Get a food scale! This youtube video explains why.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=JVjWPclrWVY

Thank you for this
  • Packerjohn
    Packerjohn Posts: 4,855 Member
    I dont know how often if ever this has been asked but has anyone used something like Alli to aide in weight loss? Has it helped? Pros? Cons? I have been calorie counting for months and not seeing any change. I'll drop a few lbs only to gain it right back. Getting very frustrated and I have pretty much given up.

Better pick up some adult diapers on the same shopping trip
  • strong_curves
    strong_curves Posts: 2,229 Member
    Doesn't look like I am going to try it. Figured no harm in asking. I'd rather not anyway.

What are your stats? Can you open your diary? We can help you, if you're open to advice.

Thanks for the video. It was very informative. I use measuring cups and spoons when when makings anything. I dont typically weigh my fruits and vegetable. Maybe that is where I am coming in wrong. Im on a 1300 calorie deficit. I am a mother of 3 and I also baby sit 2 more kids. I am very active so I dont think I am set too high. I thought I diary was open? I havent logged though in quite some time. I quit trying. :( I know that is all on me.

Get a food scale! This youtube video explains why.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=JVjWPclrWVY

Thank you for this

You're welcome and good luck! :)

Using a food scale is seriously an eye opener.
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Clarewho wrote: »
    If a person took alli and reduced their fat intake, if those 'fat calories' were then replaced with calories from non fat sources then there would still be no weight loss. Would there?? I'm not trying to cause an argument it's a serious question :)

This^

Years ago there was a diet called the T-Factor diet. All you had to do was eat low fat, and whallah! weight loss. A co-worker did this diet. She didn't lose weight because there was no portion control. Most fruit is fat free but that doesn't mean you can eat all you want.
  • QueenKristine77
    QueenKristine77 Posts: 67 Member
    OMG are people actually still using this product? Save your money, buy a food scale and count everything you put in your mouth.
  • BoxerBrawler
    BoxerBrawler Posts: 2,032 Member
    I agree with the others, use a food scale and weigh everything. Measure all liquids. The thing about the eggs is a good example. Unless you use liquid egg whites, then you know that 3 Tbsp equals 25 calories. However, I also know a person or two who did use Alli and they used it correctly by reducing their fat intake. I am not going to discuss side effects because everything we put into our bodies has some side effect good or bad, but I can tell you that it worked wonders. Dramatic weight loss. Another person lost most of their weight before taking Alli and once on Alli got a second weight loss boost. The product works to "assist" with weight loss if taken correctly.
  • bpetrosky
    bpetrosky Posts: 3,911 Member
    vg9td1opzbbx.jpg
  • StaciMarie1974
    StaciMarie1974 Posts: 4,138 Member
    It blocks fats at the rate of 25%. Meaning if you eat 16 grams, you don't absorb 4 of them. 4 x 9 calories = 36 saved. You have to keep fats low per meal or you'll spend all afternoon in the bathroom and/or changing your undies. If you do the math it works out to something like 3000-3500 calories that you don't absorb in a month's time. So $50-60 for pills a month to lose an extra 1 pound.
    I dont know how often if ever this has been asked but has anyone used something like Alli to aide in weight loss? Has it helped? Pros? Cons? I have been calorie counting for months and not seeing any change. I'll drop a few lbs only to gain it right back. Getting very frustrated and I have pretty much given up.

• booksandchocolate12
    booksandchocolate12 Posts: 1,741 Member
    And I know I read time and time again that if your not losing that your're eating more than you think, but trust me, That is not the case.
    I havent logged though in quite some time. I quit trying. :( I know that is all on me.

So, I guess eating more than you think actually is the case.

Start weighing your food and logging everything.