Any geeks out there?

124»

Replies

• Nthiaan
    Nthiaan Posts: 19 Member
    Here another one! I love watching series, mostly scyfy, but also other ones, and with my boyfriend I watch anime. I also love gaming and reading. (I am 23 and still play pokemongames on my 3DS :smiley: ) Oh and I love minions, they are amazing <3
  • TheGoktor
    TheGoktor Posts: 1,138 Member
    lacroyx wrote: »

I've been on both of those for years... lurking mostly!

• BenniBlanc0
    BenniBlanc0 Posts: 1,117 Member
    Add me fellow geeks!!
  • cgilbert501
    cgilbert501 Posts: 5 Member
    Total geek here. 48 years old and still cosplaying. I am also the CO of the Lucasfilm-acknowledged costuming group The Jedi Assembly. I also love Dr Who, some animes (Attack on Titan, FullMetal Alchemist, etc.), Sherlock, and so much more. Star Wars basically is my life, though.
  • Clo747
    Clo747 Posts: 112 Member
    Total geek here. 48 years old and still cosplaying. I am also the CO of the Lucasfilm-acknowledged costuming group The Jedi Assembly. I also love Dr Who, some animes (Attack on Titan, FullMetal Alchemist, etc.), Sherlock, and so much more. Star Wars basically is my life, though.

I'm assuming your username is your actual name, here...but it really shocked me when I saw it because I thought it was me for a second! We've the same initials and I'm not smart enough to remember what my ACTUAL screen name is! :D

• dsneade
    dsneade Posts: 21 Member
    My number one goal for getting in shape is so I can look good in a Captain America costume... Does that count?
  • xkitxkatxkaix
    xkitxkatxkaix Posts: 368 Member
    Fellow geek here! I'm totally new here. Feel free to friend.

I grew up on Star Trek TNG. And, so, I think my highest geek cred is the fact that I watch at least one episode every night (it puts me to sleep). What are your favorite TNG episodes besides the obvious (Best of Both Worlds, Inner Light, etc.)? I also love BSG (hence the username), Doctor Who (although, I'm really having trouble with Capaldi... anyone else??).

I'm a nontraditional student getting a second degree in math. I used to teach high-school physics. My hobby these days is studying the history of science and and the history of intellectual thought. icck: I feel like we could totally geek out on ancient history together.

Aw love, you're going to be so disappointed in me. One of the few things I just couldn't get into was Star Wars and Star Trek. Most of my friends were never into it either so I never felt the need to get into it. I will say that lately I have had a little itch of curiosity that needs scratching. Maybe I'll give it a try this weekend or something since I have a couple days off.
    I loooooove history. Oddly though... the creepy side of history. I have two marvelous books on all of the Kings and Queens of the ages who were completely insane. All the stuff they never teach you in history class, now THAT stuff is intriguing! :D
  • xkitxkatxkaix
    Yes! Big Doctor Who, Star Trek original series, Star Wars, LOTR, Harry Potter fan, I love Supernatural and Firefly, DC comics enthusiast, Welcome to Night Vale, anything Douglas Adams has written I love, I like anime and manga but mostly sports ones like Free, I've got a pikachu stethoscope (med school)......so glad to meet others :#:)

I've heard of Night Vale a couple times now, maybe I need to look into that as well. My best friend and I are going to a Supernatural convention in October! SOOO excited!! xD
  • xkitxkatxkaix

Hey I better still be cosplaying by the time I'm hitting 90. If not? Check my vitals.
  • xkitxkatxkaix
    dsneade wrote: »
    My number one goal for getting in shape is so I can look good in a Captain America costume... Does that count?

Hell yes it does!!! If you even knew how badly I want to fit back into my old Mortal Instruments costume?? I was so badass for a day... it was amazeballs D: *weeps*
  • dsneade
    dsneade Posts: 21 Member
    Hell yes it does!!! If you even knew how badly I want to fit back into my old Mortal Instruments costume?? I was so badass for a day... it was amazeballs D: *weeps*[/quote]

Sweet... So we don't have to count the computer nerd part, my recently re-discovery of my Civ V addiction, my Lego's Darth Vader Desk Lamp, or the fact that I drink my water out of an Iron Man Collector's Edition Slurpee cup from 7-11...
  • nephilim_dreams
    nephilim_dreams Posts: 125 Member
    I'm a geek! Me me me!

Fantasy, videogames (basically if it's an RPG, by BioWare, Bethesda or I have to be a sneaky sneaksthief to get through the game I love it) but also pen and paper/table top/card games, SciFi, Comics, classic literature, movies, music, Harry Potter ('mon the badgers!) andddd so on and so forth.

There's another group of us on here, we're called FitGeeks :)
  • grlygrl123
    grlygrl123 Posts: 55 Member
    senecarr wrote: »
    grlygrl123 wrote: »
    I am a geek, too. Host D&D weekly, love RPGs, played too much WoW. I am also an IT manager by day :P Feel free to add me up, fellow nerds!

First mention of D&D that I can see. Natural 20 on geek cred check.

Hah awesome :P

vb8v7vo8crc4.jpg

• ekahnicole
    ekahnicole Posts: 216 Member
    edited June 2015
    Oh man I'm glad I found this thread. If you are into any of the following, please add me! :)

Anime & manga - Stuff like Gintama, JoJo's Bizarre Adventure, Bleach, Berserk, Durarara, Death Parade, Tokyo Ghoul, Shokugeki no Soma, and lots more. (I also run a blog that is strictly manga related)

Video Games - RPGs tend to be my favorites. Most recent games I've been playing are Sims 4, Life is Strange, Final Fantasy VIII, Deadly Premonition, and Vampire: The Masquerade – Bloodlines.

TV Shows - Star Trek: The Next Generation is one of my favorite shows of all time. Currently been into Game of Thrones, The IT Crowd, Adventure Time, Gravity Falls, Bob's Burgers, and American Horror Story. Other favorites are Parks & Recreation, Friends, Black Books, Ghost Adventures, House, Supernatural (though it's going downhill), and Law & Order: SVU

Books: The Harry Potter series gives me life. Currently reading A Dance with Dragons in the A Song of Ice and Fire series. I love mystery/fantasy/suspense fiction novels, as well as poetry and many classics such as Pride and Prejudice.

I neeeeed more nerdy friends here ^^
  • katherine_jenkins_
    katherine_jenkins_ Posts: 19 Member
    Hey guys :)

I'm definitely a film geek. Mainly sci-fi and fantasy but I'll watch pretty much anything.
  • Clo747
    Clo747 Posts: 112 Member
    ekahnicole wrote: »
    Oh man I'm glad I found this thread. If you are into any of the following, please add me! :)

Anime & manga - Stuff like Gintama, JoJo's Bizarre Adventure, Bleach, Berserk, Durarara, Death Parade, Tokyo Ghoul, Shokugeki no Soma, and lots more. (I also run a blog that is strictly manga related)

Video Games - RPGs tend to be my favorites. Most recent games I've been playing are Sims 4, Life is Strange, Final Fantasy VIII, Deadly Premonition, and Vampire: The Masquerade – Bloodlines.

TV Shows - Star Trek: The Next Generation is one of my favorite shows of all time. Currently been into Game of Thrones, The IT Crowd, Adventure Time, Gravity Falls, Bob's Burgers, and American Horror Story. Other favorites are Parks & Recreation, Friends, Black Books, Ghost Adventures, House, Supernatural (though it's going downhill), and Law & Order: SVU

Books: The Harry Potter series gives me life. Currently reading A Dance with Dragons in the A Song of Ice and Fire series. I love mystery/fantasy/suspense fiction novels, as well as poetry and many classics such as Pride and Prejudice.

I neeeeed more nerdy friends here ^^

Yay! You're the first person I've come across watching Gintama! So funny! It's my fave, atm. Still playing catchup with it, but I'm chipping away!

• KiwiMellow
    KiwiMellow Posts: 154 Member
    I'm definitely a geek I would say. I enjoy anime, manga, webcomics, and western comics thoroughly. My favorite animes are Chrono Crusade, Nichijou, and PSWG. I'm trying to lose weight for lolita coords from actual brand names and cosplay of course.

Also I apologize if I posted twice. My phone was acting screwy earlier.
  • Paganrosemama
    Paganrosemama Posts: 86 Member
    Yep, another Geek here!

Grew up with doctor who, star trek, star wars, quantum leap, etc...

I play Zelda games, Minecraft, Dragon age, Skyrim, table top D&D.

I love theatre, was a stage hand through high school.

Big history geek also! Dabbled with steam punk, and recency. I'm involved with the society for creative anachronism. Go to all kinds of midieval reenactment events. Have a whole bedroom in the house solely to house all of my fabric stash!

I've Read lovecraft, Harry potter, GoT, LOTR, Douglas Adams, the seeker, plus many more!

Married a geek, and raising up another!