Doing one hour workout daily but still not lossing weight

Hi i m doing one hour aerobics daily. In morning i loss around 500gm weight but till evening i gain back all..what should i do..i an not even eating high calorie food

Replies

• DeguelloTex
    DeguelloTex Posts: 6,658 Member
    How long have you not been losing weight?
  • rashmi9425
    rashmi9425 Posts: 16 Member
    edited June 2015
    2 weeks, before that i lost 3 kg weight.but now nothing is working...
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,345 Member
    weight loss happens in the kitchen - its all about calories out/calories in - are you accurately logging your foods? are you weighing your foods etc. MFP also has a habit of overestimating calories burned for activities so if you are eating them all back, try eating back 50-75% instead.
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,943 Member
    edited June 2015
    Weight naturally fluctuates, and you will almost always weight less in the morning than at night. Weigh yourself once a week in the am, after bathroom, and under the same conditions (pajamas/no pajamas, same scale, same place on bathroom floor). Even then, your weight will fluctuate.

You can exercise all you want, and eat all the low calorie food you want, but if you eat more calorie than you burn you will lose weight. If you don't already, weight your food, log it, and stay within your calorie goals.

That said, what are your stats? How much are you trying to lose?

ETA: your profile says you have lost 2 pounds with only 2 pounds left to lose. That amount of weight is just about the same as normal fluctuations. Also, weight loss is not linear and the less weight you have to lose, the slower it will come off. Be patient.

• DeguelloTex
    Two weeks isn't very long.

Have you entered your information into MFP and gotten a calorie goal? Are you meeting that goal? Are you weighing your food?
  • rashmi9425
    Currenty my weight is 62..
    Morning -oats, slim milk
    Lunch- dosa or one bowl brown rice
    Snacks- apple
    Dinner- 3 roti or brown rice or millet
    M i eating less???

• TimothyFish
    TimothyFish Posts: 4,925 Member
    The problem people often run into with exercise as a weight loss method is that they increase their calorie intake when they exercise. You can lose weight with exercise, but you have to control your calorie intake also.
  • Snow__White
    Snow__White Posts: 1,650 Member
    how many calories do u eat a day?
  • rashmi9425
    In MFP, sometime im not able to meet goal..bcoz my intake is less than 1200cal
  • smotheredincheese
    smotheredincheese Posts: 559 Member
    rashmi9425 wrote: »
    Morning -oats, slim milk
    Snacks- apple
    M i eating less???

We can't tell you if you're eating less, we don't know what you were eating before!
    Are you weighing and logging all your food?
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    generally you will weigh more in the evening than in the morning....
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,576 Member
    Your weight is going to fluctuate throughout the day and from day to day because of water, food, waste, etc.

Keep your calories under control, keep exercising and be patient.
  • Snow__White
    Snow__White Posts: 1,650 Member
    thats your problem,you need to eat more!
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Morning -oats, slim milk
    Snacks- apple
    M i eating less???

Did you log this?^ What did the numbers say? Do you weigh or measure your portions? Are you meeting MFP's given calories?

Cardio burns some calories and should "aid" in weight loss....but it won't cause weight loss if your calorie intake is not controlled.

Weight loss won't be linear. If comes in fits and starts.
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,576 Member

So eat a little more. Starving yourself is not the healthy way to lose weight.
  • tomofnj
    tomofnj Posts: 88 Member
    You have to build your profile and goals so you can see how many calories a day you should consume, then put the food into the database (use the barcode scanner when possible) and be as accurate as possible with your quantity. If you have a scale, use it.

Most importantly - CICO means calories in/calories out.

After all is said and done with popular diets/fads/new and improved hooha.. it's all math. If you are in a calorie deficit (by eating less or exercising more) the math will make your weight drop.

Good luck !
  • DeguelloTex
    thats your problem,you need to eat more!
    Eating more is unlikely to increase weight loss.

It sounds like a logging or medical issue because just about anyone other than, perhaps, older, sedentary, thin women will lose weight on 1200 calories a day.

• rashmi9425
    Thanks all..i will try to eat more..then see result..hoping for best..
  • Oi_Sunshine
    Oi_Sunshine Posts: 819 Member
    I think you need variety in your diet. Add protein (meat, dairy, eggs or other sources if vegan), fats (olive oil, coconut oil, avocados) and veggies, and fewer grains. Try aiming for 1400-1600 and alternate your workouts. Aim for progression. (Increase intensity, decrease time, etc.) Your body will not sustain your weight loss if you almost starve yourself. Once you start eating normally, you'll gain it back.

I also suggest staying off the scale for a month at a time. Not sure of your gender since there's no pic, so if you are female, weigh yourself a couple days after your next menstrual cycle, since your weight can fluctuate throughout the month.
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,895 Member
    Morning -oats, slim milk
    Snacks- apple
    M i eating less???

Sounds really low on protein. Are you a vegetarian? Do you eat eggs?