Easiest way to lose weight

Options
13»

Replies

• Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    Eat 3 cups raw plain spinach before you eat anything.I promise you will lose weight, quickly.

Just to clarify

I can't eat 2 or 4?
    I can't eat it with my food, just before?
    What about afterwards?

Cos seriously if we are making up rules you should be accurate

Can I mix it with watercress and rocket and dump a thai coconut curry and rice on top ...I do that a lot ...that might actually be the reason I succeeded actually
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    bpetrosky wrote: »
    3 cups of spinach at every meal would probably give me enough iron to make me very sick after a while. No thanks, lol.

What? ..it's around 0.8g per cup ..so that's 7.2g ...you're not gonna turn into Popeye :)
  • Annie_01
    Annie_01 Posts: 3,096 Member
    Options
    One cup has 4% of your DV of iron. So you would need to eat 25 cups to get enough for a 2000 calorie diet.

Too much spinach for me.
  • bpetrosky
    bpetrosky Posts: 3,911 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    rabbitjb wrote: »
    bpetrosky wrote: »
    3 cups of spinach at every meal would probably give me enough iron to make me very sick after a while. No thanks, lol.

What? ..it's around 0.8g per cup ..so that's 7.2g ...you're not gonna turn into Popeye :)

In my case, my body doesn't get rid of excess iron normally. Iron overload can be a pretty nasty condition, which sucks for me because I do need to limit red meat, etc. I found out after I had been eating two packs of plain instant oatmeal a day, thinking it healthy, but for some reason they're all fortified with 25% RDA iron. Thankfully my doc found it in my bloodwork before it caused permanent problems.
  • Emily3907
    Emily3907 Posts: 1,461 Member
    Options
    msf74 wrote: »
    Eat 3 cups raw plain spinach before you eat anything.I promise you will lose weight, quickly.

I'd also lose the will to live so...

You win the internet today. :D
  • ercarroll311
    ercarroll311 Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    I'm not saying I eat an insane amount of spinach before every meal, but it does help me to have a really big helping of veggies (cabbage, especially) with dinner to keep me from eating and eating. If I had a single serving, I'd wander over to the pantry too soon after finishing. If I'm hungry later, I grab a couple servings of green beans. So I think OP is just suggesting a more-filling, low cal way of eating dinner to keep your deficit going. I think.
  • Jayblonde96
    Jayblonde96 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Way too much spinach for me let alone I think it's nasty.
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    Options

I really like spinach but that is ridiculous.
    Just eat a variety of foods like a normal human being, watch your calorie intake and you will lose weight. You will be able to make sustainable changes.
  • NoIdea101NoIdea
    NoIdea101NoIdea Posts: 659 Member
    Options
    I am disappointed OP hasn't been back to explain this weight loss miracle....where for art thou, OP?!
  • gothchiq
    gothchiq Posts: 4,598 Member
    Options
    That's gonna get expensive, yo.
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,951 Member
    Options
    msf74 wrote: »
    jeffpettis wrote: »
    So is the spinach supposed to negate any calories I eat after eating the spinach?

I'm guessing:

1) The amount of volume you eat (3 cups of spinach is a lot by anyone's standards) means you end up eating less overall afterwards
    2) The spinach is very low calorie and coupled with 1 means less overall calories
    3) You get bored of eating by the time you get through eating the spinach and again coupled with 1 & 2 means less overall calories
    4) The idea of having to eat 3 cups of spinach at every meal means you end up avoiding eating altogether as much as possible

Along these lines, during USAF Basic Training, we were not allowed to leave the chow hall until we'd downed two glasses of water. This requirement, the short period of time in which we had to eat, and the terrible food did cause me to eat less. Combined with extra exercise, I lost 25# in 6 weeks.