WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR JUNE 2015

Options

Replies

• fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,116 Member
    Options
    Joyce- thanks! I'm trying to stay positive! It sounded like a beautiful way to honor a well loved family member. That is exactly what happened at my DFIL funeral. I also never witnessed one like that. You have a lot to look forward to next weekend and probably a lot to do.

Sylvia- I'm sorry you feel that way. You definitely make all of us happy with your jokes and sharing of your life. (((Hugs )))

JanetR- what beautiful girls!

Mary from Minnesota
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,549 Member
    Options
  • CynthiaT60
    CynthiaT60 Posts: 1,280 Member
    Options
    Good morning everyone,

Pip: you are the cutest.

Katie: the “Microsoft” guy had the wrong gal (again)!

Alison: do something for YOURSELF with that incentive! :)

JanetM: I hear you on the boobs. Is there a good store near you where they know how to fit bras?

Sylvia: hope you feel better today. Can you maybe get a foot massage somewhere? Or some other small thing just for you.

Joyce: love your description of your doctor, lol.

Last night I was up every hour on the hour to pee. Glad to get rid of water weight, but sheesh. Would have liked to have slept through.

It's going to be getting hot here this week (around 30 degrees C). I don't like heat at all.

Hope we all have a good day!

Cynthia :flowerforyou:

54053224.png
  • SharonK247
    SharonK247 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Good morning everyone, Im up bright and early to get ready for a long bike ride this morning. Im Sharon (from Wisconsin), age 64, and just started MFP one week ago. I am an active cyclist and follow a plant based diet. Over the past few months Ive been careless with what Ive been eating and managed to gain back 15 pounds of the 25 I lost a year ago. The good news is that I decided to get back on track before I gained back all 25. My goal is to follow my food plan and track my foods. That makes the biggest difference for me as Im very consistent with exercising because I like it and being retired I have time to enjoy cycling and walking. My first week I lost 1.5 lbs, so a good start.
  • peachstategal
    peachstategal Posts: 398 Member
    Options
    Sylvia ~ Sorry you are feeling anxious. You are so important to so many people including us online. Hugs!

Thanks to all who are sharing their pics.

Miriam ~ Where do you live? The mountains are majestic.

Getting ready to work in my mom's house again today. I didn't sleep well last night worrying about how to get the stuff out and feeling guilty at the same time.

Carol ~ Peach
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,212 Member
    Options
    Welcome Sharon! - yes, logging is the key!

Sylvia - sorry you are not getting enough laughs or tears. I love a good cry! My brain would be whirring too if I had had your accident. PTSD. :flowerforyou: Love the horse feeder! ! ! ! !

Was achy in the night so took a painkiller. All that walking does wear out my poor old hips. But I did over 3 hours. My feet, which have pronation, and therefore can get plantar fascitis at the drop of a hat, are fine because of my Pro 11 arch supports on elastic. I used to not be able to put my feet to the floor the next morning after a long walk. Agony! No more foot pain. I put them on first thing in the morning and wear them all day. They fit into almost any shoes. Cheap too!

Done my exercises and my writing. Going to have a restful day, apart from a bit of garden weeding. My friend, who is buying the apartment in York, is popping in on her way home this afternoon. Just for a quick catch up. She has recently been babysitting her granddaughter for a fortnight in Hong Kong.

Not enough prawns for a repeat of the orgasmic dinner, so we are having a lamb curry with the last of the butternut squash. I will use up the beans and put in some chard from the garden.

DH has decided to go up to London tomorrow to watch cricket at Lords. He will park at his friend's and they will go in by train. So nice for him to have a friend to go with. I will have a day to myself. NO BINGEING! ! ! ! ! :sad: He will have dinner at his friend's house so will be back late. I hope you ladies will get me through it! I will also have to do all my exercises on my own. :sad: DH has been the most enormous help to me in my exercising as we enjoy keeping each other company and commenting on whatever programme we are listening to. :love: Knowing all of you are at my back will get me through tomorrow. <3

Love Heather in Hampshire, where it is forecast to hit 34º C this week with heat coming up from Spain. Hate heat!
    27681614.png
  • runaroundsue51
    runaroundsue51 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Is there a way to join the group or do you just bookmark and follow the thread?
  • peachstategal
    peachstategal Posts: 398 Member
    Options
    Welcome! You just joined by posting.

Carol ~ Peach
  • lhannon062709
    lhannon062709 Posts: 1,140 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    Pip - you look so serene when you smile... Kirby's lucky to have you.

Hi, @runaroundsue51 - just bookmark and follow the thread, Barbie will start a new one for July, and put up a link to it, so we'll be starting over clean about the middle of next week. Everyone who wants to will post how they did on their goals for June and their new goals for July as we begin the next thread, and we're off to the races again. I'm working on my third month with this loving and supportive bunch of women, angelhug.gif and they've been amazing help for me. Please post what you'd like us to call you, and a little geography if you're willing... I'm Lisa from West Texas, which I always forget to put at the bottom of my posts, but it helps us get to know you. :)

The anniversary was amazing, thanks for all the lovely things said about the wedding pictures. One thing I wanted to share, just because I believe in irony as a constant presence in my life... If you happened to note in the pictures that you can see a few shiny things in my platinum hair? That would be my tiara. It was from Walmart, and it cost $12. I couldn't resist... But when my sis fixed my hair, I told her I wanted it to be subtle. Subtle. Walmart. Tiara. Made me so happy, I grinned every time I thought about it.

Revisiting my goals for June, now that we're nearly done!

chilli.gif Weigh less than I did at the end of May - Lost four pounds (so far - I still have hope for those last couple days!)

smiley-chores002.gif Run farther than I did at the end of May - was running 3.5 miles-now consistently up to 3.75 to 4+ miles, six days a week.

smiley-chores016.gif Move running to early mornings, now the heat's beginning in earnest - mostly

smiley-eatdrink023.gif Don't let travel bump me off the routine, keep the calories steady, exercise anyway. Did - only one day where I was over calorie goal

smiley-eatdrink020.gif Maintain calorie levels between 1200 and 1400 daily, protein at 64+ - Did 26 out of the 27 days past.

breakdance.gif Add flex/core/ free weight work five to six days a week every week in June - Didn't - I suck at these, no matter what motivation I try.

smiley-chores046.gif Reroute obsession with numbers on the scale into how many pages I can write in June - Got 4000 words done so far on the sequel to Pig, planning a big bump on daily word count in July...

Have a lovely Sunday...
    Lisa from West Texas

45970499.png
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,919 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    smiley-happy026.gifI'm headed off for a day trip with a friend....there will be a ferry ride coming and going and a potluck barbecue and lots of friends. Jake will stay home with the pets and DVD movies to watch.....but first I'll take each dog for her one hour walk and listen to my current audio book.

<3 Barbie
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,212 Member
    Options
    Just popping back to post a pic of DH and his twin sister at Covent Garden, London, yesterday. You can see the resemblance, mainly in the noses! :laugh: The granddaughter is an adopted child - lovely!

Heather UK

1e05ng74a9ya.png
  • GRITSandSLUTSandWINOS
    GRITSandSLUTSandWINOS Posts: 2,573 Member
    Options
    Is there a way to join the group or do you just bookmark and follow the thread?

I C.R.S - but I know when I come to the 'community' page there is a bell (with numbers beside it) and I will then click on the Ladies Over 50+ - June 2015 and it takes me to the page I want. I'm sure there is a way to 'bookmark' it - I just cannot remember how I did it. But, it also changes each month - so the end of June you'll get a notification that it is now - JULY 2015. I think the bell with the number shows how many posts have been made on those threads you have previously gone to; the more often you come to this site, the more often it shows up in the drop down list that shows up. Anybody can jump in and let "runaroundsue51" know exactly how to make surer she gets this thread to show up.
  • GRITSandSLUTSandWINOS
    Options
    Morning All! Hope you are having a wonderful day. Hope the sun comes out so I can exercise in it in the pool today. Last day of DGD's visit home. We took them all out to eat while their parents celebrated their anniversary with both getting a pedicure and then going out to eat - somewhere it would not cost a lot. Can't wait to hear my son tell us his experience of getting his 'first' pedicure. It's been almost a year since I got one and look forward to having another one. My 'new' DnL works in a salon; but her cousin works in another one and she is the nail tech there. Looking forward to taking out DGDs to the beach the end of July and then turning around and a few weeks later going to Louisiana to visit youngest son and his family.

OMG, they are having a 'clean your kitchen/utility session' on TV this AM and Louis stood in front of the TV watching it; and then said to me, 'you ought to listen to this'. I'm trying - when it comes to washing clothes in my washer he is always telling me not to fill it up too full. It is a large capacity drum - I can wash my clothes for a week in it. Thank goodness for "Color Catchers". I do wash my clothes that are dyed a dark color separately (at least for a couple of times). I've finally lost enough that I can fit into my pants without having to lay on the floor to get them buckled; and then some. I'm hoping to have lost enough by my next weigh-in (next Tuesday) so that I can (maybe) drop a size. We'll see. I'm still wearing the same outfit to get weighed in every time. I've even washed and dried some in hot water and drying them to try to shrink them some. LOL!
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,052 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    Miriam I agree with you about milk weed. I think it is going to take gardeners like us to help save the monarch. When I talked to another gardener friend. She said the problem with having it along a freeway route is the pollution plus all the butterflied that will be hit by cars. I'll take pictures today to show what I did.

Pip beautiful poem.

Sylvia love the picture. Hope you are recovering from the accident. Deep breaths help me when my mind gets ahead of my body.

Gritsandsluts I feel that way about some of the traumas of my life too. I find in talking about it it can add to the trauma. I am willing to talk about my traumas when I think a person is open to hear it and when I think it will help that person.

:heart: MNMargaret
  • janetr7476
    janetr7476 Posts: 4,001 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    We were woken by sirens in front of our south driveway at 4:00 am. A pickup truck rear ended a police car which flipped over and ended upside down in the ditch on the other side of the street. The truck rode the curb all the way to our neighbors and took their mailbox out. It's a good ways as there is a small old pecan orchard between our houses. The officer has only minor injuries, thank goodness. They finally got the debris cleaned up and street open around 8:30 am. Good because today is Jack's 65th birthday party is this afternoon and we will have a lot of vehicles here.

My goals for June were to lose 2# a week and get to water aerobics 3-4 times a week. I have lost 8# in the three weeks on MFP so just over 2.5 a week. I weigh 1# less than when at the bariatric surgeons office in January, have next appointment July 20th. I did well with the water until this passed week when the pool was closed for two days due to plumbing issues, then didn't go back the rest of the week.

Have a pleasant and restful Sunday, all.

Janetr OKC

• pipcd34
    Options
    SharonK247 wrote: »
    Good morning everyone, Im up bright and early to get ready for a long bike ride this morning. Im Sharon (from Wisconsin), age 64, and just started MFP one week ago. I am an active cyclist and follow a plant based diet. Over the past few months Ive been careless with what Ive been eating and managed to gain back 15 pounds of the 25 I lost a year ago. The good news is that I decided to get back on track before I gained back all 25. My goal is to follow my food plan and track my foods. That makes the biggest difference for me as Im very consistent with exercising because I like it and being retired I have time to enjoy cycling and walking. My first week I lost 1.5 lbs, so a good start.

welcome shrank - i'm a rider too!!
  • pipcd34
    Options
    morning peeps -

no hangover :0( oh well, i'll have another day to try lolololol

lhannon - i loved your pics of your wedding! that sure was a beautiful dress!
  • Eava57
    Eava57 Posts: 1,297 Member
    Options
    I would love to join this group. My name is Eava. I live in Northern California. I will be 58 years young in July. I have been gaining and losing the same 10 lbs. the last few years. I need to get passed this plateau! :)
  • GRITSandSLUTSandWINOS
    Options
    pipcd34 wrote: »
    SharonK247 wrote: »

welcome shrank - i'm a rider too!!

Gee, I can remember riding a bike (racing) but never in a race; would ride about 50 miles round trip to a town north of us a weekend; and 10 around the neighbor every afternoon if the weather permitted. Even with a padded seat and bicycle pants on I found that I got numb from riding. We'd stop and get into the creek on our way home and rest and cool off; seeing the creek meant we were a little less than 15 miles to home. When we moved into the country, on a dirt road, I sold one of my bikes and still have another. I also have an old fashioned bike that I flipped over the handlebars and had to take back because when put together with a power tool had stripped all the bolts on it. Marines apparently put together 200 bikes for underprivileged children for Christmas at Walmart. It took close to 2 weeks for them to get it back. By that time I sort of lost interest in trying to ride on a dirt road. Now I get my exercise by walking in the pool.
  • CalvaryWasForYou
    CalvaryWasForYou Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Good afternoon, everyone! My name is Dana, I live in central Indiana, close to Indianapolis, I'm 51, mother to 6 great kids (my baby will be 18 in September so all will be adults) and grandmother to 2 darlings! I've been on my weight loss journey since March of 2013 and lost 50 lbs the first year and another 15 by the end of November, 2014. But then I got lazy over the winter and gained 21 back (Blargh!)! I played around for a few months with the same 5-10 lbs before deciding to come back to MFP and get serious.

Last week I started seriously using MFP and logging everything as well as starting a personal journal that I carry everywhere with me. It has helped greatly and this morning I recorded a loss of almost 3 lbs.! I'm thrilled to no end! Now I just need to get my butt back into gear with going to the gym on a regular basis. That will be my July goal although I'm going to go ahead and start working on it now.

I'm so happy to see a group geared towards this age. I truly need the support and motivation but, more than that, I look forward to being supportive of others and their journeys. I would love to find a weight loss 'twin' on here too. I'm 5'3" with a goal weight of 124. I look forward in getting to know you all. Also, I may not post often (I work a minimum of 50 hours a week and most weeks more than that) but I will do my best to post and reply as often as possible. Have a beautiful and blessed Sunday, all! :)