What are your trigger foods?

Options

Replies

• Tigg_er
    Tigg_er Posts: 22,001 Member
    Options
    Ice cream,,,,oreos,,,or really any kind of cookie,,,summer sausage !
  • FreshStartForMyself
    FreshStartForMyself Posts: 196 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    Ice cream, anything I bake...basically anything sweet. Which is a bummer because baking is my number one hobby and I don't have anyone to give the food to.

You can give the food to me, I'd be ok with that :tongue:
  • BarbaraR5563
    BarbaraR5563 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    shell1005 wrote: »

The thing about learning to believe in your own strength is that it is a thing that reinforces itself. You don't have to start with your trigger food, though. Tell yourself that you'll accomplish something with your fitness pursuits... when you have done what you've set out to do, realize that you're as strong as you think you are and OWN it.

I should add that I'm not an overly confident person. I'm shy and deeply insecure about many things about myself. I'm just... stubborn. ;)

There is such truth in that. I once thought I would never be able to have control over my trigger foods or those that brought me often to binges. If I kept it that way....it takes away my power and control. In the beginning it was really hard, but the more I did it...the more it reinforced my internal strength and power of what I do or do not put in my mouth. It was like a mental muscle that each time I used and practiced...got stronger.

Great discipline! Hard work too, way to go. You're an inspiration too!
  • BarbaraR5563
    Options
    Tigg_er wrote: »
    Ice cream,,,,oreos,,,or really any kind of cookie,,,summer sausage !

Yummy to all the above! What do you do....stay away from those foods?
  • malavika413
    malavika413 Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    Ice cream, anything I bake...basically anything sweet. Which is a bummer because baking is my number one hobby and I don't have anyone to give the food to.

Can you bring your baked goods to neighbors or churches with poverty stricken people? You have a wonderful gift of being able to be an excellent baker. I would give my banana bread to the neighbors. Or could you find something healthy and yummy to bake? There are great recipes online! You're so kind!

I don't really have any neighbors and there aren't churches nearby. Sometimes I bring food to my coworkers but they're all dieting so they get kinda mad at me for it.

I'll see if I can find healthy things to bake. They usually taste pretty crummy though.
  • TheVirgoddess
    TheVirgoddess Posts: 4,535 Member
    Options
    I don't have any, anymore. I've spent the past two years working really on my health and a lot of that was honing my will power. Being able to eat good food, and stop eating when it's time is really empowering.
  • BarbaraR5563
    Options
    I've been fortunate enough to that since i have been hypnotised a lot of the foods i used to binge on have been removed from my mind and desire.

However, when i binged.. i binged on:

Chocolate
    chips
    cake
    pie
    donairs
    big macs
    subway subs
    pizza
    hot dogs
    bologna
    spaghetti
    bread
    ice cream sandwiches
    cookies
    chicken wings

It would be nothing for me to cook an entire package of pork chops, eat all 8 of them, plus 5-6 potatoes slathered in margarine and then cover those potatoes in a sauce made with hot sauce and brown sugar and vinegar eat all that and then eat a bag of chocolate and a big of chips and guzzle down a 2L bottle of soda and then later order take out or hit mcdonalds for 2 double big mac meals both with super sized fries and a large soda and large chocolate shake and eat that all in one day and still not be done eating.
    32 hotdogs + 32 buns + condiments -- done that in one day too.

Hypnosis has allowed me to gain a huge perspective on my eating.
    The only thing i eat from that list of things that used to consume my life and take me over is bread and i only eat 2 slices per day now, one at breakfast and one at lunch time. It has allowed me to get my diabetes finally under control. It has helped me feel like i am in control of my life again and hopefully with the help of a psychologist in a couple weeks i will finally figure out the reasons i spent years and years of my life out of control and consuming thousands and thousands of calories per day, even though the carbs and unhealthy amount of weight i put on was killing me slowly. To this day i am surprised i woke up everyday and wasn't in a diabetic coma.

Keeping things out of the house never worked for me.
    im a 5 min walk from all conveniences and if i had the money, i spent it.
    I guess this goes to show that sometimes it takes some unusual measures to help people gain some control on their lives when it comes to food.

Wow Krista! You have quite the story to share. I know Hypnosis can be very successful. It sure reflects that with you! For you, hypnosis definitely was the right choice for you. You're amazing. I have tried but never went under. Some people can and some people can't. I wish I was like you and had it worked!

Thanks for telling your story!
  • MommyL2015
    MommyL2015 Posts: 1,411 Member
    Options
    I love to bake from scratch and if I start, I go on a baking binge where I'll make snickerdoodles, cakes, brownies and whatever else I can come up with. I have to keep the ingredients out of my house or I'll get too tempted. I was going to make my friend a chocolate cake for her birthday but didn't have flour. It would have been a nice gesture but I would have ended up making one for my house, and I would have ended up eating most of it.
  • BarbaraR5563
    Options
    MommyL2015 wrote: »
    I love to bake from scratch and if I start, I go on a baking binge where I'll make snickerdoodles, cakes, brownies and whatever else I can come up with. I have to keep the ingredients out of my house or I'll get too tempted. I was going to make my friend a chocolate cake for her birthday but didn't have flour. It would have been a nice gesture but I would have ended up making one for my house, and I would have ended up eating most of it.

Good idea to keep baking ingredients out of the house! Why have temptation right under your nose. :)
  • kerricus
    kerricus Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    Carbs carbs and more carbs. Anything bready or cakey. Cereal. Chips. Ice cream. Pasta. Low cacao % chocolate.

If it comes in my house, I will eat it. I live alone, so I know that I will eat the whole thing either in one day or one week. I have to make sure that I do not buy it. I don't even walk down most aisles of the grocery store. Unfortunately, I still have slip ups--like big time this past weekend--but then I acknowledge that I cannot buy that product again OR I need to plan ahead for it (like I can eat a whole pizza over the course of a day and not go over my TDEE).

I love to bake and I love to cook. The problem is that I also love to eat. I have baked things for friends too many times and eaten it all myself!
  • BarbaraR5563
    Options
    Yes, some people cannot be hypnotised unfortunately.
    Mind you its not doing all the work, i work in a kitchen, sometimes i feel like i want to taste things but i find the process of saying no to it and throwing it out into the compost is a million times easier.
    Its been 50 days today since i was hypnotised and I am very proud of how far i've come in that time.
    being able to say no to a dessert or left over food from where i work like bacon and just stick to what i have planned for myself was not even an option 2 months ago.

Congratulations! I am confident your hard work and life changes will take you far!
  • Gska17
    Gska17 Posts: 752 Member
    Options
    Pizza and beer.
  • BarbaraR5563
    Options
    kerricus wrote: »
    Carbs carbs and more carbs. Anything bready or cakey. Cereal. Chips. Ice cream. Pasta. Low cacao % chocolate.

If it comes in my house, I will eat it. I live alone, so I know that I will eat the whole thing either in one day or one week. I have to make sure that I do not buy it. I don't even walk down most aisles of the grocery store. Unfortunately, I still have slip ups--like big time this past weekend--but then I acknowledge that I cannot buy that product again OR I need to plan ahead for it (like I can eat a whole pizza over the course of a day and not go over my TDEE).

I love to bake and I love to cook. The problem is that I also love to eat. I have baked things for friends too many times and eaten it all myself!

It's great your aware of your triggers and weaknesses. Key is working on discipline and cutting down your portions or not eating those foods that trigger you. That's what I had to do. After a couple years, I was able to keep some foods and get rid of some. For me, it was worth it because I chose that over being heavy.
  • brenn24179
    brenn24179 Posts: 2,144 Member
    Options
    I want to say you are an amazing person to have kept the weight off all these years. To be honest I usually keep my weight off 2 yrs and put it back on. I have kept 45 lbs off for 2 1/2 yrs so hopeing this time. My trigger foods are chocolate cake, chocolate pie, big bags of chips (I do fine with small bags). I buy one piece of cake at the grocery store or one piece of pie or one or two cookies. That is the only way I can handle this.
  • Kimegatron
    Kimegatron Posts: 772 Member
    Options
    ben and jerrys. I HAVE to eat the whole thing, so I just rarely buy it.beer isnt a food... but ummmm... its definitely a killer on my cals on the weekends!
  • BarbaraR5563
    Options
    brenn24179 wrote: »
    I want to say you are an amazing person to have kept the weight off all these years. To be honest I usually keep my weight off 2 yrs and put it back on. I have kept 45 lbs off for 2 1/2 yrs so hopeing this time. My trigger foods are chocolate cake, chocolate pie, big bags of chips (I do fine with small bags). I buy one piece of cake at the grocery store or one piece of pie or one or two cookies. That is the only way I can handle this.

Thank you! You can keep that 45 lbs off for life and take off more if that is your intention and not yoyo and go through this again. If you truly have a mindset change and a positive attitude and really put into action this is a lifestyle change, you will be at a healthy weight the rest of your life. You also have to incorporate exercise into your daily routine, whether that is walking, jogging, treadmill, etc. It is KEY to maintaining a healthy lifestyle. (ask your doctor if you've had health problems). Fuel for the mind and the energy you get from exercise will help you all around. I truly believe you are going to whip this! Keep up the great work!
  • Merkavar
    Merkavar Posts: 3,082 Member
    Options
    Does scotch count as a trigger food.

A few scotch and cokes and I order up a pizza, ribs, giant Caesar salad, chicken schnitzel or some combination of those.