Whats better for breakfast?

2»

Replies

• AngelJordan
    AngelJordan Posts: 46 Member
    Mmm bacon. Unfortunately bacon regularly doesn't fit into my $ budget, and Id have to share with OH and DD haha
    The smoothie keeps me fill to after midday and i generally have it at 8 830.
    Whereas oats leave me hungry after a few hours.
    Maybe i will try a few other of the options some of you have said. thanks everyone :D
  • DisneyDude85
    DisneyDude85 Posts: 428 Member
    I eat oats with berries, shredded coconut, and sliced almonds for breakfast almost every day. Some days it keeps me full, other days I eat a piece of fruit around 11 to hold me over til lunch. I agree what others say. Listen to your body. It will tell you.

I also like the suggestion to not pigeonhole yourself into having the same thing every morning. I do only because its delicious, and the fruit variety changes with the seasons :) but I always have other things on hand in case I want to mix it up!
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    The smoothie keeps me fill to after midday and i generally have it at 8 830.
    Whereas oats leave me hungry after a few hours.
    Maybe i will try a few other of the options some of you have said. thanks everyone :D

Then it seems like a great choice.

No harm in experimenting with other options too, if they sound good.
  • Chain_Ring
    Chain_Ring Posts: 753 Member
    cwolfman13 wrote: »
    better for what?

Ummmmmm her body, her health, her nutrition maybe? I don't know. Just a wild guess.........

• cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,865 Member
    edited June 2015
    Chain_Ring wrote: »
    cwolfman13 wrote: »
    better for what?

Ummmmmm her body, her health, her nutrition maybe? I don't know. Just a wild guess.........

Ummmmm it's all relative to certain goals their sparky...basically fishing for something a little less vague. Better for me is going to be different than better for you than better for the OP...

Like, if I'm going to go ride 50 miles, a breakfast of bagel and peanut butter is BETTER than eggs and bacon...someone who has diabetes or pre-diabetes is going to have a different better than someone who doesn't have those issues...see...context matters just a little bit...

Man there's just a big run of stupid around here lately...
  • Soggynode
    Soggynode Posts: 1,179 Member
    I have a smoothie very similar to yours every morning. I add a 1/2 cup of cold cooked oats to it to give it some body and get a bit of oats into my diet. I also add a scoop of unflavored protein powder to help get a little more protein. I make a pot of oatmeal on Sunday and use it throughout the week.
  • atypicalsmith
    atypicalsmith Posts: 2,742 Member
    My breakfast is usually a banana and/or V-8 juice and Dannon yogurt. Less than 200 calories. Leaves me more to play around with the rest of the day.
  • MamaBirdBoss
    MamaBirdBoss Posts: 1,516 Member
    Yugh.

I like my oatmeal and raisins!
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,420 MFP Moderator
    And btw my go to breakfast is a P28 bagel with peanut butter.
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,573 Member
    Weighing all that business on a food scale is better.
  • Merkavar
    Merkavar Posts: 3,082 Member
    Weetbix for the win.

Might go have some weetbix myself. Haven't had them in ages.