70 Days / 20 Pounds Challenge

Replies

• chrisssiex23x
    chrisssiex23x Posts: 431 Member
    Sorry guys if i havent posted in here in few days. My head isnt in right place.. we had to cancel our holiday and not even getting refunded half of it back . Im glad we canceled as both me and my friend are bit scared to go now after this horrible inccdent all over news such a sad time for alot of ppl just now heart goes out to them.

Just wanted to give you wee update incase ive not added in for the day

I did complete yesterday though kinda of blew over my intake lol
  • MamaBirdBoss
    MamaBirdBoss Posts: 1,516 Member
    Sorry to hear that. :( Yeah, North Africa is NOT the place to be right now! I really wanted my kids to see the pyramids, but I'm not sure now if it will ever happen.
  • palwithme
    palwithme Posts: 860 Member
    Day 16 Completed
  • MamaBirdBoss
    Day 12!

My scale hovered, HOVERED on 139.8...then jumped to 140.

LOL.
  • MamaBirdBoss
    Day 13!

139.2. Oh, yeah....
  • palwithme
    Day 13!

139.2. Oh, yeah....

You're doing great!
  • MamaBirdBoss
    edited July 2015
    palwithme wrote: »
    Day 13!

139.2. Oh, yeah....

You're doing great!

The bloat I've had for a week is falling off. Dunno why.

(Bloat's really obvious for me because the boobs get so much bigger! LOL!)

I'm still at 139.2, so tomorrow's weigh-in will be AWESOME. I'm pushing at the limits of what's reasonable, but I'm really sick of my fat. LOL. At 137lbs, I'll have to throttle down, but it's not like I can keep from losing some muscle at this weight no matter what I do. (There's a physiological lean mass vs. fat lass per pound loss curve, and as you lose, you approach the bottom of it.) So my actual rate of weight loss might not change all that much, regardless.

I lost 8lbs exactly in 3 weeks in June. I'm hoping for 8lbs in 4.4 weeks in July. Given where I am on the lean/fat loss curve, that's not entirely unreasonable even with fewer calorie cuts. We'll see.

I have five pairs of pants that I can't get into. Five pairs, all of which were loose when I bought them.
  • palwithme
    Day 17 Completed
  • MamaBirdBoss
    edited July 2015
    Day 14! I haven't done dinner yet, but it's in the BAG.

Weight jumped down to 137.6. I'm not going to see a lower number for days and days.
  • maximumcutie
    maximumcutie Posts: 33 Member
    Day 2 and 3 - had a few days add together and lots of walking for Canada day.
  • palwithme
    Well, so far this challenge seems to be working. According to the math, I should have lost 4.8 pounds. According to the scale I am down 4 pounds from where I started. On those days I don't hit the 1,000 calorie deficit I either maintain or have under a 1,000 calorie deficit.
  • MamaBirdBoss
    edited July 2015
    Day 15!

I'm still counting only 1000-calorie deficits because I can't be bothered to add up other days. My appetite is in the toilet from all the cardio. I need to eat another 300-400 cal tonight because what I've eaten so far is Not Okay. Once I sit for a while, I'll get hungry again.

I've lost 9.8lbs in 3.5 weeks, but some of that is "beginner loss" because I just started with the site.

As expected, no weight loss today, but the uptick was less than I'd expected. Also, upped the intensity of my Shred workout yesterday, and my muscles suddenly jumped in size from water retention, so it looks like I'm still loosing. I'm trying to do it with as much weight as I can handle to preserve fat-free mass, but it takes time for me to build strength.

Morbidity increases with weight loss according to some studies if you're less than obese. This is assumed to be from loss of too much FFM. Both FFM percentages AND absolute values of your FFM are important to health. Currently, my body fat percentage is expected to be around 29% for my weight, if I were a typical, non-weight-losing woman. It's actually right at about 27%. So my lean mass is still very good!
  • maximumcutie
    maximumcutie Posts: 33 Member
    Day 4 - volleyball day
  • MamaBirdBoss
    Day 16! My deficit is actually too high. Gotta decide what to spend it on, YAY!!!!
  • MamaBirdBoss
    edited July 2015
    Day 17! Did a little Pilates and jogged/walked 4.9 miles to get any kind of deficit. LOL.

Yesterday, I saw a big reduction in my waist. Scale's still up, though. My arms and legs are all swollen from exercise.
  • MamaBirdBoss
    palwithme wrote: »
    Well, so far this challenge seems to be working. According to the math, I should have lost 4.8 pounds. According to the scale I am down 4 pounds from where I started. On those days I don't hit the 1,000 calorie deficit I either maintain or have under a 1,000 calorie deficit.

That's awesome! I'm down way more because I was eating an maintenance before, so I had beginner water loss. Also, I haven't been recording any days in which I get less than 1,000 except the one where it was 900 plus 2 days of 500 before.
  • MamaBirdBoss
    edited July 2015
    Day 18! Whoop! Down to 13:20 miles, and my distance is actually farther than I thought--4.5miles on the dot.

Weight's still up. Knew it would be for a while.
  • palwithme
    Day 18 Completed
  • MamaBirdBoss
    Day 19!!! I "accidentally" burned 2500 calories today, so I need to find 400 calories worth of stuff to add to what I ate. (Not that it's HARD to eat more, but I want a really wonderful reward, LOL!)
  • MamaBirdBoss
    462 calories of Hershey's kisses, Cheezits, and homemade granola. Mmmmmmmmmmmm. I was actually more in the hole that I thought--even accounting for some of the exercise being off, I needed closer to 500 cal to not have a deficit too high.