What are your favorite "zero" calorie foods?

Options

Replies

• lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    shell1005 wrote: »
    corryigo wrote: »
    I will have to look it up, but I know there was a study based on the thermogenics of hot peppers and how they could be a negative calories, but again the problem is we have really no true way of detection throughout the entire process. Far to many variables. If you are nervous or relaxed will vary in calories burned on a macro level and would play into trying to determine the effects. That said If anyone finds a Zero Calorie Pizza that tastes exactly like a Pizza Hut Pan Pizza let me know.

One of my three Genie wishes is to have pizza not only have no calories, but instead each slice burn 400 calories.

I'm in favor of this plan.
  • DianaLovesCoffee
    DianaLovesCoffee Posts: 398 Member
    Options
    jenibethbu wrote: »
    Mmmm...vanilla diet Coke! Oh, and cherry Diet Dr Pepper!
    I found a seasoning mix in our local Amish community that combines sea salt, black & pink peppercorns and garlic! So good!

I live in an Amish community too and they call this "Happy Salt". :)
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    Pelamblue wrote: »
    Can't be bothered reading full thread bit in case anyone has already written this then apologies. Negative calorie food's are real... they are just food's that need more calories to break them down than they actually produce.. a lot of veg falls into this .

That's completely debunked. There are no negative calorie foods, that's a myth that has been dead for decades but keeps getting resurrected.

This^

Have you looked at the so-called negative calorie foods list? There are fruits on there.........um yeah, like fruit is going to be negative calorie (I wish).
  • Carnhot
    Carnhot Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    You can get vanilla diet coke? Where?
  • auddii
    auddii Posts: 15,357 Member
    Options
    How bout zero calorie whiskey? Anyone? A girl can dream, can't she?
    But would it taste good?! My current diet plan is subbing whisky for beer (usually around 200-300 calories each because I like IPAs and imperial stouts). Close enough to low calorie for me. :laugh:
  • mistikal13
    mistikal13 Posts: 1,457 Member
    Options
    Water
  • CJisinShape
    CJisinShape Posts: 1,404 Member
    Options

That's all she'd be doing - girls can't drink whiskey without sounding like an alchee, so.... Vodka and Diet Coke?
  • KateTii
    KateTii Posts: 886 Member
    Options
    Spices, fancy tea (without milk/sugar) and carbonated water infused with fruit (lemon, strawberries etc). I never consider anything "zero calories" but damn, they come pretty close!
  • auddii
    auddii Posts: 15,357 Member
    Options

That's all she'd be doing - girls can't drink whiskey without sounding like an alchee, so.... Vodka and Diet Coke?

F that. I'll take being classified as an alchee if it means I can keep the 7 whiskys (and 1 whiskey) I already have. Of course, when I head to Scotland next year, I'm stocking up. Nevermind the new distillery that opened a mile down the road.
  • RuNaRoUnDaFiEld
    RuNaRoUnDaFiEld Posts: 5,864 Member
    Options
    Celery sprinkled with salt and black pepper is one of my favourites
  • stevencloser
    stevencloser Posts: 8,911 Member
    Options
    shell1005 wrote: »
    corryigo wrote: »
    I will have to look it up, but I know there was a study based on the thermogenics of hot peppers and how they could be a negative calories, but again the problem is we have really no true way of detection throughout the entire process. Far to many variables. If you are nervous or relaxed will vary in calories burned on a macro level and would play into trying to determine the effects. That said If anyone finds a Zero Calorie Pizza that tastes exactly like a Pizza Hut Pan Pizza let me know.

One of my three Genie wishes is to have pizza not only have no calories, but instead each slice burn 400 calories. Go for a run....nah, I'll eat two slices of pizza and boom....800 calories burned. Sadly, I still have found no Genie in a bottle.

Please, no. I'd waste away.
  • 47Jacqueline
    47Jacqueline Posts: 6,993 Member
    Options
    Water
  • Pelamblue
    Pelamblue Posts: 177 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    ceoverturf wrote: »
    richln wrote: »
    psulemon wrote: »
    Can't be bothered reading full thread bit in case anyone has already written this then apologies. Negative calorie food's are real... they are just food's that need more calories to break them down than they actually produce.. a lot of veg falls into this .

That's completely debunked. There are no negative calorie foods, that's a myth that has been dead for decades but keeps getting resurrected.

Really !! I suggest you research this
    ndj1979 wrote: »

Really !! I suggest you research this and come back

please enlighten us as to how a food would contain negative calories..?

A food doesn't contain negative calories... a particular food may contain say 20 calories as an example ... the body has to break this down using energy... this may take 25 calories of energy to do so.... is that simple enough or perhaps a picture is needed...

You may want to do some more research, starting with the link that peachycarol posted.

How interesting..... What a broad selection of the population for coming to these obviously conclusive results.. A whole 15 females all with certain height and weight parameters. I mean this must be fact. ha ha ha. To come to any sort of conclusion in any study on the way we as humans burn calories then surely a large spectrum of people must be tested ?? Would you not agree ?? Do think that I that that I would burn of 100g of celery at the same rate as someone half my size ??? Clearly not. This 'study' is simply an observation on a select group. Do you seriously think this is undeniable and conclusive evidence ??

Not really worth funding a study for this. I am surprised that somebody actually paid for the one that peachycarol linked. Let's say you find some outlier subset of the population that has negative 1 calorie response to eating a pound of celery. How would that knowledge be beneficial at all?

It's just not not in depth enough to settle the argument. ..granted all food has calories. .that's a given.. the question is does it take more to burn than it provides .... as we are all different you just can't give a substantial enough answer.

Well so far the studies posted are 1 against; 0 for.
    Like I said previously this is more an observation than a study. Its just not broad enough.
  • MadSoupChef
    MadSoupChef Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Green Tea and I Can't Believe It's Not Butter Spray
  • PeachyCarol
    PeachyCarol Posts: 8,029 Member
    Options
    ceoverturf wrote: »
    richln wrote: »
    psulemon wrote: »

Really !! I suggest you research this
    ndj1979 wrote: »

Really !! I suggest you research this and come back

please enlighten us as to how a food would contain negative calories..?

A food doesn't contain negative calories... a particular food may contain say 20 calories as an example ... the body has to break this down using energy... this may take 25 calories of energy to do so.... is that simple enough or perhaps a picture is needed...

You may want to do some more research, starting with the link that peachycarol posted.

How interesting..... What a broad selection of the population for coming to these obviously conclusive results.. A whole 15 females all with certain height and weight parameters. I mean this must be fact. ha ha ha. To come to any sort of conclusion in any study on the way we as humans burn calories then surely a large spectrum of people must be tested ?? Would you not agree ?? Do think that I that that I would burn of 100g of celery at the same rate as someone half my size ??? Clearly not. This 'study' is simply an observation on a select group. Do you seriously think this is undeniable and conclusive evidence ??

Not really worth funding a study for this. I am surprised that somebody actually paid for the one that peachycarol linked. Let's say you find some outlier subset of the population that has negative 1 calorie response to eating a pound of celery. How would that knowledge be beneficial at all?

It's just not not in depth enough to settle the argument. ..granted all food has calories. .that's a given.. the question is does it take more to burn than it provides .... as we are all different you just can't give a substantial enough answer.

Well so far the studies posted are 1 against; 0 for.
    Like I said previously this is more an observation than a study. Its just not broad enough.

You are making an assertion, but you've posted no proof. Go to Google Scholar and try to find something to back up your claims. That's how this works.

• LunaKye
    LunaKye Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I'm in love with Mio. I love my water, but sometimes I crave flavor, so I just grab some strawberry and squirt it on in there. It taste just like Kool-Aid to me :p Also, Spark. It's like 45 calories a scoop, but the strawberry mango is soooo sweet, and actually keeps me focused.
  • emalethmoon
    emalethmoon Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    Coffee & vanilla coke zero are my go-to zero calorie items. For low calorie foods, I'm a little obsessed with PB2 and 50 calorie string cheese.
  • PneumaVision
    PneumaVision Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Water. Tulsi lemon grass tea. Black pepper.