July 2015 Running Challenge

Options

Replies

• vandinem
    vandinem Posts: 550 Member
    Options
    My first running challenge! Will try for 100 miles, which is ambitious for me!
    exercise.png
  • kristinegift
    kristinegift Posts: 2,406 Member
    Options
    7/1: 6.5 miles

Meant to do 7, but some unexpected construction made me stop and change my route, and then I was just running (haha, pun) short on time so I cut some corners on the way home. But in the grand scheme of things, what's half a mile, right?

6.5/175

exercise.png
  • toriraeh
    toriraeh Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    I'm doing c25k right now so I'm not very ambitious In terms of mileage but I'll try for 30 miles this time.

exercise.png

• Ms_Chai
    Ms_Chai Posts: 86 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    7/1

I did a mile on my first go! Honestly, that was a huge achievement for me right now. :smiley:

I also walked 1.5 miles, but I have decided to only track my actual jogging miles to see how I improve.

exercise.png
  • Ms_Chai
    Ms_Chai Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    And @skippygirlsmom, thank you for the encouragement!
  • skippygirlsmom
    skippygirlsmom Posts: 4,433 Member
    Options
    7/1 - 3.3 miles - usually my rest day, but keeping my streak alive (3 more days!)

3.3 of 100 miles

exercise.png

Good running everyone!
  • JoJoTheModern
    JoJoTheModern Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Never done this before! Doing it now to motivate myself to keep progressing, so I don't settle into a rut.

Interval running on the treadmill and fair amounts of walking should get me to the 140 mile mark (as according to my Fitbit, which actually tends to underestimate my mileage anyway). 7 miles a day, 5 days a week.
  • MrsKGrady
    MrsKGrady Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    I'm in with a goal of 35 miles this month.
  • JoJoTheModern
    JoJoTheModern Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Didn't think I would bother making a ticker but I did anyway. :blush:

exercise.png
  • 7lenny7
    7lenny7 Posts: 3,493 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    toriraeh wrote: »
    I'm doing c25k right now so I'm not very ambitious In terms of mileage but I'll try for 30 miles this time.

@toriraeh, Don't sell yourself short. In many ways, starting the C25K program is much more ambitious than continuing a running regimen that you've been doing for years, regardless of the miles. You know what they say, that first step is the hardest, and that's what you're doing, so kudos to you!!

I get as much inspiration from those who are just starting to run as I do from those who log 200 miles/month.

@MrsKGrady, that outfit in your profile picture...oh my! I would love to run a 5K with you, I can picture it being a blast!
    @Ms_Chai , I don't think I was able to go 100 yard on my first run, 1 mile is huge!!
  • skippygirlsmom
    skippygirlsmom Posts: 4,433 Member
    Options
  • btkennett
    btkennett Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    exercise.png
    [/url]
  • intruhvurt
    intruhvurt Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    My goal is 70 miles this month. Tonight I'm starting Hal Higdon's novice plan to train for my first marathon in November.
  • Hjones2889
    Hjones2889 Posts: 94 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    75!
  • Hjones2889
    Hjones2889 Posts: 94 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    exercise.png
  • karllundy
    karllundy Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options
    @Runningmischka - What a cutie! My daughter's name is Anna Elizabeth as well! Welcome back!
  • kellyship17
    kellyship17 Posts: 112 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    I'm in for 40!

July 1 - 4.47 miles
    exercise.png
  • bkelley32148
    bkelley32148 Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    This is my first month finding this group. I am aiming for 80 miles this month.
  • karllundy
    karllundy Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options
    7/1 - took the 0-fer today after taking my wife to the ER at midnight, I slept in :/
  • shanaber
    shanaber Posts: 6,391 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    @skippygirlsmom - the bear is the first thing I saw when I logged into the challenge! :laugh: so funny and exactly how I feel! Thanks!