Mean Private Messages

Options
124»

Replies

• asianfashionista86
    asianfashionista86 Posts: 5,039 Member
    Options
    No they specifically mentioned my profile pic. Oh well. I guess I'm being a little too thin skinned about it.

While I don't really care what anyone puts as their profile pic, putting up a pic like yours (on the more revealing side) definitely gets some attention, and it gives people ammo to harass if you if they want. I had a photo of me in a bikini and had to take it down because some creep sent me an absolutely disgusting message.

Yeah people always got something to say Even if you were clothed
  • MamaBirdBoss
    MamaBirdBoss Posts: 1,516 Member
    Options
    projectsix wrote: »
    You look more flirty in your profile photo, which could attract PUAs, AKA, scum of the earth:

http://attractionwiki.com/attraction-guides/pua-negs/

All PUAs are losers. Not all losers are PUAs.

I had to Urban Dictionary PUA .. i'm so embarrassed.

Good for you! lol. I'm like, what the heck are all these losers doing who would never even try to approach me before? And why are they all acting like they're competing in a *kitten* competition?

Then I learned.
  • GreenGoddess22
    GreenGoddess22 Posts: 3,818 Member
    Options
    Never mean although I have had some very odd/sexual messages. Just block or report the message if you can. It is hard to ignore, but try to move on. I can't imagine being rude to anyone, especially someone you don't even know.
  • GreenGoddess22
    GreenGoddess22 Posts: 3,818 Member
    Options
    techgal128 wrote: »
    I had a guy join, add me as a friend, make fun of me for having a "pig nose" (which I wasn't embarrassed about until now), and then make fun of me for being fat. Apparently he just joined to harass women. He would find women with physical flaws and after adding them as a friend, harassed them about it.

That is horrible! I am sorry that happened. What the hell is wrong with people?
  • Luke_I_am_your_spotter
    Luke_I_am_your_spotter Posts: 4,179 Member
    Options
    I had a guy join, add me as a friend, make fun of me for having a "pig nose" (which I wasn't embarrassed about until now), and then make fun of me for being fat. Apparently he just joined to harass women. He would find women with physical flaws and after adding them as a friend, harassed them about it.

Let me guess. He didn't have a profile pic of himself either.
  • techgal128
    techgal128 Posts: 719 Member
    Options

Nope. :smile:
  • Luke_I_am_your_spotter
    Luke_I_am_your_spotter Posts: 4,179 Member
    Options

big surprise.
  • techgal128
    Options

big surprise.

Yeah. Apparently I was also only a geek because it's "cool for girls to be geeks now." What's funny is I actually work in IT. When I told him that he's like, "Oh yeah? What programming languages do you know?" *facepalm*
  • bibimazoon
    bibimazoon Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Could it possibly be a someone you know in real life who's hiding behind a fake profile?
    I know, right? The ol conspiracy theory.....I watch too much TV :o
  • techgal128
    Options
    bibimazoon wrote: »
    Could it possibly be a someone you know in real life who's hiding behind a fake profile?

Nah, he targeted a lot of other women on the site. It wasn't just me. His whole point was to make as many women hate themselves as possible.

Really though, this is a rare case. I've been on here for years and this is the only time I've ever gotten PMs like this.
  • asianfashionista86
    asianfashionista86 Posts: 5,039 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    bibimazoon wrote: »

Nah, he targeted a lot of other women on the site. It wasn't just me. His whole point was to make as many women hate themselves as possible.

Really though, this is a rare case. I've been on here for years and this is the only time I've ever gotten PMs like this.

I think there are some men out there that get off on humiliating women it's kinda a sick fetish
  • blondx7
    blondx7 Posts: 1,683 Member
    Options
    No they specifically mentioned my profile pic. Oh well. I guess I'm being a little too thin skinned about it.

you're not being too thin skinned. you're a sweet and sensitive person, and the other person is an insane a&&hole.

you're beautiful. F that loser.
  • blondx7
    blondx7 Posts: 1,683 Member
    Options
    projectsix wrote: »
    You look more flirty in your profile photo, which could attract PUAs, AKA, scum of the earth:

http://attractionwiki.com/attraction-guides/pua-negs/

All PUAs are losers. Not all losers are PUAs.

I had to Urban Dictionary PUA .. i'm so embarrassed.

I was AFRAID to urban dictionary PUA...
  • Jorggeeeee90
    Jorggeeeee90 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Just block them, no need for negativity.