Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• MissKalhan
    MissKalhan Posts: 2,282 Member
    Options
    Glinda1971 wrote: »
    I'm here too - and pretty sure I'm working tomorrow as well which is not normal for me. But my desk is buried under paperwork and I haven't even started the 800 invoices that need to go out. Short week combined with the person who is supposed to answer the phones calling in sick on Monday plus month end equals really far behind.

OUCH! Now that blows :(
  • Italian_Buju
    Italian_Buju Posts: 8,030 Member
    Options
    kelly_c_77 wrote: »
    Well wishes for our little kitten Skye are welcomed today. She doesn't seem to be feeling well. Yesterday, she only ate a few bites of her dinner and definitely is wayyy more calm than her usual crazy self. This morning, she ate a teeny bit of food and then just slowly walked away...uninterested. I offered her some wet food and she ate a decent amount of it (at two separate points) a little later. She's just laying around though...so out of character. I'll watch her the rest of the day and make sure she continues eating (even if just a little) but will definitely make a vet appointment if she doesn't improve. It's so weird seeing her like this. :(

I really hope she's okay! It always scares me to hear these stories because one of our cats, Jameel, had those symptoms and we waited too long to take him to the vet--he died right there on the vet's table before they could do anything at all. :( Please do take her to the vet if she doesn't seem to improve right away!

I agree, I have heard horror stories from my vet about cats, esp kittens that have ingested something we do not know about and the human waits too long to bring them in and then there is nothing they can do. When I posted my first reply to your post, I actually was thinking to myself that I would already be freaking out and on my way to the vet.
  • kecmw25
    kecmw25 Posts: 2,743 Member
    Options
    peleroja wrote: »
    Thinking about me as a little kid inspired me to dig these out:

IMG_1451_zpslk7sf1lg.jpg

IMG_1453_zpsq4n7h2kk.jpg

Past the bald-blob stage but I don't have any of those on my phone unfortunately, haha.

Anyone have any of themselves?

What a cutie pie!! I might have some old pictures of me on Facebook. Maybe I can figure out how to get them on here...
  • MissKalhan
    MissKalhan Posts: 2,282 Member
    Options
    Weeeeeee! I just found out my brother is visiting Canada in August (His adoptive parents lives in the states and now he's married to an American), I get to see him once every year or so. I adore him and his wife so I am super super excited :D
  • peleroja
    peleroja Posts: 3,979 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    kecmw25 wrote: »

Past the bald-blob stage but I don't have any of those on my phone unfortunately, haha.

What a cutie pie!! I might have some old pictures of me on Facebook. Maybe I can figure out how to get them on here...

If you right-click them and save the image url, you can just paste it in here like this:

[ img ] www.yourcopyandpastedlink.com [/ img ]

but without any spaces.
  • Susieq_1994
    Susieq_1994 Posts: 5,361 Member
    Options
    So many cute kids!

My theory on the eyelash thing is that men have beautiful eyelashes because they don't torture them like lots of women do - no mascara, scrubbing off eye makeup, curlers, etc. I've always been jealous of people with nice ones because mine are blonde, straight, and stubby, but so are my husband's so we haven't a chance of having kids with long, dark, curly lashes. Marrying someone as blonde, pasty-white, and hairless as I am wasn't a great choice if I wanted cute kids, because I looked like a featureless bald blob as a baby. I wasn't remotely cute until I grew some hair (which...I didn't have to have a haircut until I was past 3, if that gives you an idea.) Maybe that's why I keep it long now ;)

lol!! I was born with a head of blond hair, but it quickly darkened to brown. Just for the heck of it, since I posted my sister and my brother, this was me:

581kiqfgycns.jpg
  • Susieq_1994
    edited July 2015
    Options

--

Aww, so cute!! I totally posted one of myself before even seeing this. :p

EDIT: *pictures removed so I won't get lynched by mixmode or anything*
  • peleroja
    Options
    So many cute kids!

My theory on the eyelash thing is that men have beautiful eyelashes because they don't torture them like lots of women do - no mascara, scrubbing off eye makeup, curlers, etc. I've always been jealous of people with nice ones because mine are blonde, straight, and stubby, but so are my husband's so we haven't a chance of having kids with long, dark, curly lashes. Marrying someone as blonde, pasty-white, and hairless as I am wasn't a great choice if I wanted cute kids, because I looked like a featureless bald blob as a baby. I wasn't remotely cute until I grew some hair (which...I didn't have to have a haircut until I was past 3, if that gives you an idea.) Maybe that's why I keep it long now ;)

lol!! I was born with a head of blond hair, but it quickly darkened to brown. Just for the heck of it, since I posted my sister and my brother, this was me:

Awww, look at your big dark eyes! Super cute.
  • WestCoastJo82
    WestCoastJo82 Posts: 2,304 Member
    Options
    nonoelmo wrote: »
    jthurman3 wrote: »
    So, I failed at the grocery store...I'm way over goal already and haven't had dinner yet. Oh well, whatever.
    But anyway, after I ordered our half pound of cheese at the deli, my son politely asked the woman working, "Can I get 3 pounds of kittens, please"??? OMG, everyone in line busted out laughing, including me! Where does he come up with this stuff?

HAHAHAHAHA!!! This is AWESOME. He's hilarious!

Thanks! :) And seriously I know that kids are funny...but I could never imagine that a 3 year old could be as sarcastic, creative, and hilarious as he is! Cracks me up all day, every day. He's my best little bud! I'm dreading this fall when he starts pre school...I'll be lost without my sidekick!
    Edited because HE'S starting pre school, not ME. Where's the coffee?
    My 3.5 yr old is like this too- only he's charming when he wants to be. He's totally got the "ginger hair and freckles with big cheesy smile" thing down pat so he KNOWS when he's cute.

This morning he tells me, "I love you mom because you're my best friend," does the CHEESIEST smile, then asked me for ice cream. I told him not for breakfast, he tells me, "You're fired, I don't want a mean best friend anymore".
    [
    jthurman3 wrote: »
    So, I failed at the grocery store...I'm way over goal already and haven't had dinner yet. Oh well, whatever.
    But anyway, after I ordered our half pound of cheese at the deli, my son politely asked the woman working, "Can I get 3 pounds of kittens, please"??? OMG, everyone in line busted out laughing, including me! Where does he come up with this stuff?

HAHAHAHAHA!!! This is AWESOME. He's hilarious!

Thanks! :) And seriously I know that kids are funny...but I could never imagine that a 3 year old could be as sarcastic, creative, and hilarious as he is! Cracks me up all day, every day. He's my best little bud! I'm dreading this fall when he starts pre school...I'll be lost without my sidekick!
    Edited because HE'S starting pre school, not ME. Where's the coffee?
    My 3.5 yr old is like this too- only he's charming when he wants to be. He's totally got the "ginger hair and freckles with big cheesy smile" thing down pat so he KNOWS when he's cute.

This morning he tells me, "I love you mom because you're my best friend," does the CHEESIEST smile, then asked me for ice cream. I told him not for breakfast, he tells me, "You're fired, I don't want a mean best friend anymore".

When my 4 year old gets mad at me his big comeback is : "You're not my best friend and you're not invited to my birthday party"

LOL!

My nephews always call me mean, because I won't let them eat like three or four granola bars or basically eat the whole house.

I'm a mean mom! Son to me when I told him no last year "You're mean!" (Mean = there are rules and they will be followed. The TV will be turned off now.)

After posting that I was really a mean aunt since I ripped the iPad out of my one nephews hand & told them both that they had to clean up all of the toys they threw everywhere.

All of this is making me laugh especially since my son is being a total monster tonight as I am trying to get everything ready for our camping trip.

I was a good aunt. Why didn't I just stay an aunt!

You are all such mean mommies ;)
  • WestCoastJo82
    WestCoastJo82 Posts: 2,304 Member
    Options
    @nonoelmo "all muscle" lol

91sVhdH.jpg

Awesome job! You're totally rocking your recomp.

This. Awesomeness

Holy cow that's awesome!
  • kecmw25
    edited July 2015
    Options

If you right-click them and save the image url, you can just paste it in here like this:

but without any spaces.

10613070_10203415220996122_8274225525690114739_n_zpsbt3d9ifa.jpg.html?&_suid=143593998689402962107820568675.com

Eta: Can't figure it out
  • FluffySandwich
    FluffySandwich Posts: 1,293 Member
    Options
    You guys are a bunch of cuties!! Sorry for the bad quality, but this one was me when I was really little. Can't find much else on Facebook. I apparently hated the dress I was in :lol: I was also born bald and didn't grow much hair for the first couple years of my life. I have never ever gotten a major haircut (just little trims).

4fdet0j31f9y.jpg
    95lue6f1u1hk.jpg

Second one is me... probably around 4?

• Susieq_1994
    Options
    I have been trying to do a long reply instead of quoting a million posts (unless I am too far behind, then I must do it that way).

@Susieq_1994 - I wish you were feeling better today again! Is it possible that all the fasting and eating all at once is causing you to feel sluggish instead of depression this time around? Maybe after this month is done you will be feeling better? (I hope).

Ok, I am gonna go back to quoting now, lol.

I agree with those who said your mom was a sociopath. Definitely. :-/ I'm so sorry you had to live through all that until she passed! It must have really done a number on you, and I agree that it's amazing that you don't suffer from depression after that kind of childhood!

I don't think it's the fasting, although that obviously will have an effect on my energy levels; but my energy level increases after I break my fast, and I avoid stuffing myself by eating more calorie dense foods instead of high-volume lower calorie foods. I just seem to be having a hard time sucking myself out of my depressive do-nothing mode on most days. It's kind of like... When I push it one day, it's twice as hard to push it the next because I've expended so much mental energy on the day before, so my days seem to be alternating good and bad lately.
  • peleroja
    edited July 2015
    Options

but without any spaces.

10613070_10203415220996122_8274225525690114739_n_zpsbt3d9ifa.jpg.html?&_suid=143593998689402962107820568675

You're close! I think I can fix it. Here's @kecmw25:

10613070_10203415220996122_8274225525690114739_n_zpsbt3d9ifa.jpg
  • kecmw25
    Options

but without any spaces.

10613070_10203415220996122_8274225525690114739_n_zpsbt3d9ifa.jpg.html?&_suid=143593998689402962107820568675

You're close! I think I can fix it. Here's @kecmw25:

10613070_10203415220996122_8274225525690114739_n_zpsbt3d9ifa.jpg

You did! How did you fix it? How old are those pictures huh?
  • ythannah
    ythannah Posts: 4,368 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    ShibaEars wrote: »
    MissKalhan wrote: »
    Happy 4th of July to all the Americans here! I'm secretly cussing myself out because I didn't think to take Thursday and Friday off (making a mini vacation with the weekend off) oh well!
    Now I'm wondering what I am going to do today during work, since yall are off and partying :(

Us Canadians should still be around!

ETA: Unless they were smart and booked off Thursday & Friday after our Wednesday holiday.

If I'd have been willing to burn two vacation days, I'd have used them on Monday and Tuesday... Friday is usually the best day to be here... lighter mood, happier coworkers. When it lands on a Tuesday or Thursday I'll book a day off to make a 4-day weekend.

eta: I have ancient (B&W anyone? lol) toddler pics of me at home, let's see if I can remember to post them later.

Some pics I can see (susieq's adorable dark-eyed pics) and some are blocked... so weird.
  • Susieq_1994
    Options
    @kecmw25 Awww, so cute! It seems I'm the only non-blond baby so far. :p
  • peleroja
    Options
    You guys are a bunch of cuties!! Sorry for the bad quality, but this one was me when I was really little. Can't find much else on Facebook. I apparently hated the dress I was in :lol: I was also born bald and didn't grow much hair for the first couple years of my life. I have never ever gotten a major haircut (just little trims).

Second one is me... probably around 4?

Your little polka dots are adorable!

I found a couple of me in full blob stage:

(nose pressed against the playpen...)
    FullSizeRender_zpsyzxv3teg.jpg

(in full wizard gear?)
    FullSizeRender%201_zpstxenyfxn.jpg
  • kecmw25
    Options
    So many cute kids!

Sooo cute!
  • Susieq_1994
    Options
    @peleroja LOL at the squished nose! You were a cute blob, if it makes it any better! ;)