Hot by holloween!

Options

Replies

• cammons
    cammons Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    I've been off this week too and I have not run at all since Monday when I woke up with a sore throat (rare for me) which has turned into a nasty cold. I did make it in to see my personal trainer on Mon and Wed but I've pretty much been planted on the couch all week trying to get healthy before next week when I go back to work (and the three weddings we are scheduled to attend this weekend). When things are "normal" I rarely sit down all day so this is going to be an interesting week results wise, at least Auntie Flo is on her way out today. :) .

Good luck getting your side checked out, I've got my fingers crossed for you!
  • dctyler
    dctyler Posts: 30
    Options
    No loss this week :(. I will also have to up my game, and cut some carbs out, I do so much better on a high protein diet. It helps me stay in control of what I eat. Knowing that.........I am mad at myself for not doing that this week. I WILL succeed in a loss for next weeks weigh in though. Lesson learned....again. Just been a tough week for me, and I tend to react with food as comfort. Deep breath.........new beginning. Focus!!!!!:ohwell:
  • callmefor911
    callmefor911 Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    is it too late to join.. I would love to lose 40 by halloween.. my first goal is 50 by 50 which is in August and so far I have lost 30 pounds... still after losing that I have 30 more pounds to lose to be at goal weight so this will be great to help push me..
  • Happyhappy352
    Happyhappy352 Posts: 153
    Options
    Hey everyone!! I had to get rid of my account "formaly known as happhappyjoy 72" and get a new one. Anyway can you friend me again please!!
  • faithgin
    faithgin Posts: 32
    Options
    Hi everyone,
    I hope you don't mind if I jump on board. I've been on MFP for. idk anymore. Close to two months, I think. My scale doesn't like to move, ever. If it does move it will jump back the next day so I am 165-169. I do know I have been losing a few inches though. Feel free to friend me. Tomorrow is a big day, we are going to Six Flags, I will be trying hard to resist and looking at the cost of all the food should help. I have packed food for lunch. Not the best, stuff for sandwiches, protein bars, juice, water, etc. It would be a lot easier if you could bring food in with you instead of having to eat in the parking lot, but oh well. I hope everyone has a great weekend. Once again, send me a request, I am always checking in.
    Faith
  • cammons
    Options
    I hopped on the scale yesterday morning (ish....I didn't get up until noon!) to find that I am down 2.7 pounds from last week! Of course when I first set up my account I took a guess at my weight and I have not been able to figure out how to reset the starting week but hey, whether it is 0.4 pounds or 2.7 pounds I'm just glad the the number is heading in the right direction!

We had three weddings this weekend and I am wiped out...it feels like there is not enough water in Lake Erie to satisfy me this morning.

@Happy---How is your side holding up?
  • Remi79
    Remi79 Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    I want to join too!

SW 171.6 - 5/30/11
    GW 131 - Halloween

(Before I gained my pregnancy weight, I was hovering between 130 and 140, so anywhere within that area I will be extremely happy!!)
  • megz4987
    megz4987 Posts: 1,008 Member
    Options
    I'm a little late, but I hope I can join yall!
    40lb is half way to my goal and I've got jillian michaels on my side :)

SW:237
    Goal:197
  • cammons
    Options
    Last night I made the first steps toward signing up with a small virtual training club that will begin in August and should take me through the home stretch of our Hot by Halloween plans. I have two more weeks left with my trainer at the gym (roughly) and all I have to do is keep the momentum between the two!

My plan for this afternoon is to take my measurements...I should have done that before I started with the trainer but it's such a pain that I always seem to put it off. I feel stronger for sure, just not much smaller although it's only been a few weeks.

How are you all doing?
  • Happyhappy352
    Options
    Well I have been doing ok, not great but ok. I got a treadmill so I can walk while I’m not aloud at the gym per my Dr. and I don’t trust myself to go just for the treadmill so I got one Just to walk on no bells and whistles. I go for an ultrasound tomorrow morning and go back to the DR. on Tues. Dr. thinks I might have ripped something :sad: . I'm not stepping on the scale till I can get back to the gym!!
  • Happyhappy352
    Options
    Went and had my ultrasound done and everything looks good. I go back to Dr. on Tues and I hope I get the ok to go back to the gym. I thought the test was to see if I ripped something but it was to see if maybe I had kidney problems or something. But while I was getting my test done my boss called me and left me a rude voice mail. I guess the order that I placed yesterday, all of it did not come in so he yelled at me thinking I forgot to call in the rest of the order. WTH...What a great way to start your work day!! Kind of made me think about calling out the rest of the day!
  • cammons
    Options
    Happy, I'm so glad to hear that your side won't sideline you too much longer (no pun intended).

I have two days left before my warrior dash (I'm doing the one in Logan, OH....you should totally google it!) and just this morning I stepped on a piece of glass....there was so much blood it looked like a horror movie in our basement! I pulled the glass out and washed it up the best I could without any peroxide or much in the way of first aid supplies (wondering why I don't have a first aid kit around the house) and went to meet with my personal trainer. Thankfully it was an arm day, but my head just wasn't in it, all I could think about was my race this weekend and my 5 miler scheduled for tomorrow.

I'm heading out in a few minutes to Walgreens to pick up some butterfly bandages, super glue, peroxide and some waterproof bandages...if I can't get this thing to stop oozing blood I'm going to have to go to the doctor who will NEVER let me run this weekend...let alone do the Warrior Dash with all that wallowing in mud.

Looks like I have an emergency self pity day today....let's hope I can get this resolved before my husband wakes up and sees the blood, his restrictions are likely to be worse than the doctor's!
  • Happyhappy352
    Options
    Happy, I'm so glad to hear that your side won't sideline you too much longer (no pun intended).

I have two days left before my warrior dash (I'm doing the one in Logan, OH....you should totally google it!) and just this morning I stepped on a piece of glass....there was so much blood it looked like a horror movie in our basement! I pulled the glass out and washed it up the best I could without any peroxide or much in the way of first aid supplies (wondering why I don't have a first aid kit around the house) and went to meet with my personal trainer. Thankfully it was an arm day, but my head just wasn't in it, all I could think about was my race this weekend and my 5 miler scheduled for tomorrow.

I'm heading out in a few minutes to Walgreens to pick up some butterfly bandages, super glue, peroxide and some waterproof bandages...if I can't get this thing to stop oozing blood I'm going to have to go to the doctor who will NEVER let me run this weekend...let alone do the Warrior Dash with all that wallowing in mud.

Looks like I have an emergency self pity day today....let's hope I can get this resolved before my husband wakes up and sees the blood, his restrictions are likely to be worse than the doctor's!
    OMG Girl!! Talk about bad luck! If I were your hubby or Dr. I would say stay out of the mud and rest that foot and do the run this weekend. Good luck!!
  • Emalyn
    Emalyn Posts: 60
    Options
    EEEK I promise I'm STILL doing this!! I had such an off couple of weeks. Bad break up of a 1 1/3 year relationship = junk food. I couldn't help it. I gained back 6 of the 8.5 pounds I had lost, so I'm back to 176ish. I'm at a loss for motivation - my family still is buying tons of ice cream, making cakes, going out for food and take-out...it leaves me with not so many options! But I'm doing well so far. I've been back on track since June 1st and I haven't cheated. :) Although I still need to get in more exercising.

Eeek Cammons, I hope your foot gets better really fast!

I hope everyone in this is doing well and has been sticking with it. WE CAN DO IT!!! :)
  • Spitfirex007
    Spitfirex007 Posts: 749 Member
    Options
    I need to drop about another 55lbs by then. And when I do, I don't care how cold it is, I am wearing something that shows of my sexy 6 pack and muscles come Halloween.
  • Emalyn
    Emalyn Posts: 60
    Options
    I need to drop about another 55lbs by then. And when I do, I don't care how cold it is, I am wearing something that shows of my sexy 6 pack and muscles come Halloween.

Dress up for Halloween as a famous pro wrestler or something! Or...superman, minus the fake 6 pack that usually comes with it. Lol!
  • Spitfirex007
    Spitfirex007 Posts: 749 Member
    Options

Dress up for Halloween as a famous pro wrestler or something! Or...superman, minus the fake 6 pack that usually comes with it. Lol!

lol maybe! I haven't decided yet though. But it will be something.
  • Happyhappy352
    Options
    I want to be a Belly dancer!!
  • cammons
    Options
    Okay, they're not kidding when they call the Warrior Dash the "Craziest Frickin Day of Your Life"! We were darn near ankle deep in mud running up (and sliding down) the steepest hills I've ever seen in between obstacles. I'm still in a little bit of shock that I actualluy did it; the asthma was in peak form so breathing was tough but I had a buddy with me that kept me going on those hills despite the wheezing and hurt foot.

I managed to keep the cut clean by closing it with a butterfly bandage and supergluing the bandage to my foot and the cut (please don't tell my husband, or my doctor!) before covering it with another waterproof bandage. It is still sensitive to pressure but I survived and that is all I really care about. (No signs of gangrene yet)

I didn't skip an entire obstacle, even the ones that really scared me the 30ft wall had been freaking me out for months but I climbed up that thing (pulled myself up with a rope) and got back down all the better for it. It turns out that my trainer was right, I really am stronger than I think I am...he really enjoyed hearing that he was right about something today and made me put it in writing so that he could show his girlfriend. :)

Not sure what I'll be for Halloween....I was kind of hoping to go as an ear of corn but you guys bring up a good point, why cover all that hotness with corn kernels?
  • amwo81
    amwo81 Posts: 5
    Options
    cammons--That is amazing! Nice job!!