Ladies who lift heavy!

Options

Replies

• slideaway1
    slideaway1 Posts: 1,006 Member
    Options
    It's really weird. But I have really noticed how I can now tell the difference between "ladies that lift" and either girls that don't or people that clearly just eat at a deficit and do cardio. And I have to say sisters, I'm liking what I'm seeing. If you promise to keep it up, I will keep it up. :D
  • Jennloella
    Jennloella Posts: 2,287 Member
    Options
    slideaway1 wrote: »
    It's really weird. But I have really noticed how I can now tell the difference between "ladies that lift" and either girls that don't or people that clearly just eat at a deficit and do cardio. And I have to say sisters, I'm liking what I'm seeing. If you promise to keep it up, I will keep it up. :D

well, now.....

• Karen_can_do_this
    Karen_can_do_this Posts: 1,150 Member
    Options
    I've been lifting for a few months (since Feb) I finally got nrolfw from the library yesterday. I'm starting that program once school goes back!! Very excited :D
  • SaffronSunrise
    SaffronSunrise Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    I don't know if I lift heavy enough to play in this group as I'm just a beginner trying to lose a lot of weight, but I'm slowly progressing. In fact, I just finished my pre-workout getting ready to hit the gym for some glutes and hammies.
  • majigurl
    majigurl Posts: 660 Member
    Options
    You can also add me.
    37 year old mom of 12 and 5 year olds.
    I just started lifting and LOVING it!

I'm thinking of buying the new rules of lifting, apparently it's a must?!? Thoughts?
  • majigurl
    majigurl Posts: 660 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    I am doing the NROLFW. My lifting start date was yesterday, second day tomorrow, and since invested in a power rack, bench, bars and plates. I would totally dig having other lady lifters as friends! So what do we do, just randomly add each other? Or?

What do you think of NROLFW? Looking at getting it today.

• kwoolstencroft1
    kwoolstencroft1 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hiii I have ordered some kettle bells and cannot wait for them to arrive :) I am 30 mum of two and I cannot wait to start seeing some muscle tone!! Xx
  • whatatime2befit
    whatatime2befit Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    majigurl wrote: »
    You can also add me.

I'm thinking of buying the new rules of lifting, apparently it's a must?!? Thoughts?

I don't follow their program, but the info in the book is very informative. It's worth a read to get a good understanding of lifting and eating right for lifting.
  • boogiewookie
    boogiewookie Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    feel free to add me too. I'm also just starting to work on my mommy body. My son is 11 months old now so I'm starting a bit late but I've been watching what I eat and working out for a month and a half and loving my results. I'm almost 2 weeks into sl 5x5 but since I'm in the beginning of the program and it's not challenging I add exercises at the end and work abs on off days
  • HollieWould1
    HollieWould1 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I am doing the NROLFW. My lifting start date was yesterday, second day tomorrow, and since invested in a power rack, bench, bars and plates. I would totally dig having other lady lifters as friends! So what do we do, just randomly add each other? Or?

What do you think of NROLFW? Looking at getting it today.
    I have nothing to compare it to, but I really like it. I did need help with the logging part of it, but a kind member here explained it to me, and went as far as drawing it out for me in order to understand it. I got the 375 page .pdf copy of the book so I could read it on my kindle fire or laptop.
  • fit_mama30
    fit_mama30 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    I'm 31, just had a my first baby and love to lift heavy! I'm currently doing Strong Curves and a few other things on the side. I'll add you :)
  • amr32r
    amr32r Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    I love lifting just starting out but love it!
  • harlanJEN
    harlanJEN Posts: 1,089 Member
    Options
    Age 51. Lift heavy; cardio is Muay Thai boxing and cardio intervals mixed in with my strength training. 3 x per week. DONE. Train Hard then Go Home. Resting heart rate 48. Body fat down, lean body mass up. Functional strength & independence to the grave is my mantra. I write my own programs now, but I dearly love Frank McGrath's back workouts and I did one this morning. Didn't start til I was 47 after a knee replacement surgery and weighing in at 236. So YA. Strength training pretty much rocks.
  • harlanJEN
    harlanJEN Posts: 1,089 Member
    Options
    Just read your profile ... "higher market value". ROFL! You may indeed be Sassy. I also read this and laughed equally as hard, but for a different reason: " ................ That's a lean mass of 115-119lbs. I know that's as much as many of you weigh total, but I carry a lot of muscle and consequently, a lot of weight! " I'm still laughing. Total body weight of 115-119? Who in heck? Not me! ; )
  • MarianneDarroch
    MarianneDarroch Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me, 33 years old, my son is one this month and have been lifting since 14 weeks post partum, loving how it's helped me lose my baby weight and has transformed my shape!
  • Karen_can_do_this
    Karen_can_do_this Posts: 1,150 Member
    Options
    You can also add me.

I borrowed it from the library. It was a super informative read. Maybe check your local library? Borrow it and see if its worth buying?
  • indyrunning
    indyrunning Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    I added you...I lift at least 3x a week (11 year old, 8 year old) and I run, too. :)
  • indyrunning
    indyrunning Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    kami3006 wrote: »
    This is my thought on the matter:

wta5xscdfcme.jpg

At the same time??? I am way, way impressed. :smiley:
  • kami3006
    kami3006 Posts: 4,978 Member
    Options
    kami3006 wrote: »
    This is my thought on the matter: