July 2015 Running Challenge

Replies

• skippygirlsmom
    skippygirlsmom Posts: 4,433 Member
    edited July 2015
    7/1 - 3.3 miles - usually my rest day, but keeping my streak alive (3 more days!)
    7/2 - 4.6 miles while eating lots of breakfast gnats yuck!
    7/3 - 2.3 miles - short run today - took a new running partner who hasn't run in a while. She did great! It was cooler and raining.

t6xvn9qlx1rj.jpg

10.2 of 100 miles

exercise.png

• Aine8046
    Aine8046 Posts: 2,122 Member
    edited July 2015
    Aine8046 wrote: »
    In for July for 60 miles! :)

July 1st - 3.2 miles
    July 2nd - 6.2 miles

Total - 9.4 miles

• LittlePinkShotgun
    LittlePinkShotgun Posts: 101 Member
    I'm aiming for 220 kms (132 miles) in July. Eek!

July 1 - rest (0)
    July 2 - 5 (5)
    July 3 - 10.5 (15.5)

• shanaber
    shanaber Posts: 6,388 Member
    @7lenny7 and @toadhunter911 - good luck on your 10k's!!
    @Aresende90 - you will be awesome in your 10k's even with the hills. You've been working on hills so just go and get them!! You've got this!
    @Elise4270 - sounds like that ride yesterday wasn't a good thing for your hips/shinsplints? Hope you can work them out soon so you can get back to running!
    @skippygirlsmom - Macy looks so happy! Says thanks for taking me for a run, mom!!

I procrastinated and went out late today. Not sure why I have had such a hard time getting up and out the door the last couple of days. It was fine yesterday but got so hot today I ended up cutting my run short. I was worried about Hobbes so we kept to the dirt as much as possible and off the hot pavement on the way home. I will get up and out early tomorrow so I can get a good long run in!

Date.......Miles......Total
    07/01.....0.00.......0.00 - Rest
    07/02.....7.20.......7.20 - +Strength training
    07/03.....6.28.....13.48 - Easy

exercise.png
  • ddmom0811
    ddmom0811 Posts: 1,878 Member
    July 1 - rest
    July 2 - 3.75 run/walk combo
    July 3 - 5 miles - to, from and around Astoria Park, Queens(after getting lost even though I did it the day before). Hope the temps stay the same up here! It's great for running.

exercise.png

@Runningmischka - Glad to see you back! Baby is so cute! You are amazing running after 6 weeks! Wow!
    @skippygirlsmom - love the kissing dog picture!
    @elise4270 - sorry the cycling was not good. It's strange because most people say it is so much better for injuries than running yet I seem to get injured cycling more often than running.
  • Elise4270
    Elise4270 Posts: 8,375 Member
    edited July 2015
    Thanks @shanaber and @ddmom0811 I think I'm in a flare up of some sorts. So I'm near positive that no matter what I do its going to aggravate symptoms. Cycling didn't aggravate my shin but does seem to stress my SI joints. I think I'll lower my seat a bit. And it was fun getting out about my old cycling area. We've had flooding and it was closed, so I rode down any way, until I saw a park ranger and high tailed it outta there! *Bawk bawk*

I'm laying around all day willing myself better for a knockout evening run. ;)
  • Runningmischka
    Runningmischka Posts: 386 Member
    exercise.png

6/1 = 5 miles
    6/2 = 6 miles @ 6 weeks postpartum!
    6/3 = weight training in the morning, 4 miles stroller walk

@Elise4270 My husband and I are both off the whole summer, so that definitely helps. My running is really for his safety :D
    @ddmom0811 Thank you for the kind words! Please, don't mention that to my doctor hahaha. I was pretty much told to sit on the couch for the first 6 weeks. Yeah ok, I knew that was not gonna happen.

Good running everyone! Hope everybody has nice plans for the weekend!
  • busyPK
    busyPK Posts: 3,788 Member
    4 miles completed out of my 30 mile goal :)
  • mwyvr
    mwyvr Posts: 1,883 Member
    edited July 2015
    A nice change from yesterday's solo mountain slog, today was Date Run Friday with my wife Sue. She sets the place and pace and we are off, this time for a cruise around Vancouver's Stanley Park seawall. Nice off shore breeze cooled things down 5 degrees C from where we live in the city so it was a great choice! Neither of us was feeling very perky this morning but she surprised herself by carrying a 6min/km pace while chatting the entire way. I figure she has a sub 50 (under her age) 10K in her yet but she figures she'll be happy with keeping it under 55.

Be well my American friends, here's to a happy Independence Day with cool gentle breezes in your faces wherever you run.

exercise.png
    +-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
    Month to date:		031.76 km 
    Goal:			200.00 km / 124 miles (15% completed)
    Stretch Goal:		242.00 km / 150 miles (13% completed)
    Fri Jul 03 09.84 km Date Run Fridays
    Thu Jul 02 11.93 km Mountain run
    Wed Jul 01 09.99 km 

Laughing Men art installation, English Bay, Vancouver BC
    IMG_20150703_125602.jpg

• skippygirlsmom
    skippygirlsmom Posts: 4,433 Member
    mwyvr wrote: »

Be well my American friends, here's to a happy Independence Day with cool gentle breezes in your faces wherever you run.

IMG_20150703_125602.jpg

Thank you @mwyvr this is so cool ^^
  • kimlight2
    kimlight2 Posts: 483 Member
    7/1 - 1.75mi Today was going to be a rest day because my quads are tight and sore but I did it. It was slow and I went on a sandy path instead of pavement to see if it helped and I do feel a little better.
    7/3 - 3.1mi Did my usual hilly path thru the park. Waited until evening to go but it was nice. Completed the first of 2 virtual 5k's. Now I have the rest of the month to improve my time LOL.

4.85 done and 25.15 to go.

• Ms_Chai
    Ms_Chai Posts: 86 Member
    7/3 - ran 1 mile (walked 2)

exercise.png
  • Aine8046
    Aine8046 wrote: »
    In for July for 60 miles! :)

July 1st - 3.2 miles
    July 2nd - 6.2 miles
    July 3rd - 6.1 miles

Total - 15.5 miles

• Aine8046

IMG_20150703_125602.jpg

Wow, this is creepy! :)
  • Elise4270
    Elise4270 Posts: 8,375 Member
    A nice change from yesterday's solo mountain slog, today was Date Run Friday with my wife Sue. She sets the place and pace and we are off, this time for a cruise around Vancouver's Stanley Park seawall. Nice off shore breeze cooled things down 5 degrees C from where we live in the city so it was a great choice! Neither of us was feeling very perky this morning but she surprised herself by carrying a 6min/km pace while chatting the entire way. I figure she has a sub 50 (under her age) 10K in her yet but she figures she'll be happy with keeping it under 55.

exercise.png
    Month to date:		031.76 km 
    Goal:			200.00 km / 124 miles (15% completed)
    Stretch Goal:		242.00 km / 150 miles (13% completed)
    Fri Jul 03 09.84 km Date Run Fridays
    Thu Jul 02 11.93 km Mountain run
    Wed Jul 01 09.99 km 

IMG_20150703_125602.jpg

That's really neat! Thanks for sharing!
    1- rest
    2-lunch swim, 12.15 bike
    3-0.5 GI upset. Decided to lay on couch and eat popsicles instead.

I might have had time to get in a respectable run, but, my guts had conflicting plans. Tomorrow is another day.

• ereck44
    ereck44 Posts: 1,170 Member
    Put me down for 64 miles. I have been running outside since May 2. Training for a half marathon in November.
  • bbandme
    bbandme Posts: 90 Member
    1.5 miles done this morning, I went early and already its getting pretty warm out there :smile:

exercise.png[img][/img]
  • LittlePinkShotgun
    LittlePinkShotgun Posts: 101 Member
    exercise.png
  • Stoshew71
    Stoshew71 Posts: 6,553 Member
    Date Miles today. Miles for July
    7/1 REST DAY
    7/2 7.5 miles - 7.5
    7/3 REST DAY
    7/4 13.2 miles - 20.7

exercise.png

HAPPY 4TH OF JULY!!!!

• Knyvern
    Knyvern Posts: 183 Member
    Happy Independence Day. I hope all who have races today have done well.
    @mwyvr Those statues are really cool.
    @Elise4270 I hope you feel better soon.
    @skippygirlsmom Love the picture with your running partner.
    @Runningmischka Anya is adorable.

July 1 - Rest day (sort of - helped son & daughter-in-law move and clean old apt for 8 hours)
    July 2 - 2.2
    July 3 - rest
    July 4 - 2.1 c25k/w5d3

exercise.png