I can't do this anymore!

Options
go4me1
go4me1 Posts: 101 Member
I'm 196.8. Up from 189 from my lowest. Mom makes cookies and I eat like no tomorrow. I don't know what to do. I"m fat and ugly. ythgd1p7jq4m.jpg
Help??jejgvps6ovsg.jpg
krlvmmt3d1n5.jpg
xzrwst5k3du5.jpg
5vbqhe3xqz9s.jpg

Replies

• shadowfax_c11
    shadowfax_c11 Posts: 1,942 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    First off are you old enough to be on this site? I think you may need to find the sparkteens site with people your own age who have some of the same challenges IE mom is buying/cooking the foods you have to choose from.

Second. You are not ugly. Yes you are fat. So am I. I was fat as a kid too. My mom made cookies too. The problem is not what your mom does. The problem is what you do. Just because the food is there does not mean that you have to eat it.

You can make better choices and get healthier. This is totally up to you. :)

ETA: I see you are not a kid. Not knowing exactly what your situation is, you have control of what goes in your mouth. Even if you are not the one buying it. As an adult you need to step up and take responsibility for your choices. You CAN do it. But it requires effort. No one can do it for you.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,614 Member
    Options
    Unfortunately you just have to make the decision to really really want to do this, put a specific plan together then COMMIT to it. That's really it. People who are committed to a cause will do whatever it takes to reach their goals even if there are deterrences and obstacles.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
  • DeguelloTex
    DeguelloTex Posts: 6,652 Member
    Options
    Well, no one can do it for you. If it's going to get done, you'll be the one to do it. If not, then not.
  • skinnyinnotime
    skinnyinnotime Posts: 4,141 Member
    Options
    People all over the world make cookies and all sorts...doesn't mean you have to eat them.
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    Consistent logging would be a good place to start. You've got a bit here, and a bit there in your diary. Be accountable (at 32 years old) for what you put in your mouth. Log everything. Go out and take a walk. Move more. Eat less.

This is doable, if you really want it. But you have to be the one who's accountable for what you eat and what you do.

Good luck!
  • elise284
    elise284 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    You can do it and you will do it. Step away from the cookies, do something healthy and get back on it tomorrow. You got this :)
  • go4me1
    Options
    First off are you old enough to be on this site? I think you may need to find the sparkteens site with people your own age who have some of the same challenges IE mom is buying/cooking the foods you have to choose from.

Second. You are not ugly. Yes you are fat. So am I. I was fat as a kid too. My mom made cookies too. The problem is not what your mom does. The problem is what you do. Just because the food is there does not mean that you have to eat it.

You can make better choices and get healthier. This is totally up to you. :)

I'm 32 years old. I have learning disabilities
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    elise284 wrote: »
    You can do it and you will do it. Step away from the cookies, do something healthy and get back on it tomorrow. You got this :)

Not tomorrow. Today. :)
  • go4me1
    Options
    elise284 wrote: »

Not tomorrow. Today. :)

I'm on it
  • ExRelaySprinter
    ExRelaySprinter Posts: 874 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    Try to do some sort of exercise.....maybe Walking or Swimming.
    Cookies can easily bump up calories, so you definitly need to cut down on those! (I very rarely eat them now tbh, as i just don't think they're worth the calories).
    How many calories has MFP given you?
    By the way, you are not ugly.
  • Alluminati
    Alluminati Posts: 6,208 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    Put your stats into mfp. Log your food consistently and honestly. No need to go all out for exercise just yet, get a handle on the food part and move a bit more first. You just need a calorie deficit to lose. Good luck OP.
  • Zara11
    Zara11 Posts: 1,247 Member
    Options
    Is your mother willing to help you develop and successfully follow a healthy lifestyle? Otherwise, do your research, come up with a healthy plan, and stick to it. You need to want to be healthy more than you want to eat all the cookies possible. Your life, your choices, your responsibility. Don't be scared by that - embrace it, be proud of what you can do when you put your mind to it, and don't give up!
  • LessofPenny
    LessofPenny Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    These are great before pictures.... Get busy working on some "after" progress. No one can give you the determination on a discussion board, but if you need a person that stays with the program and will comment on your progress then friend me. Open your diary to public....that is the greatest accountability. Mine is open. You are young now and it really will get more difficult as you get older. You are not an ugly person physically by a long shot. Great legs, btw....But what we wear and how we wear it (with confidence) helps. Get comfortable in your own skin with each step of the way, but NEVER give up. We that are older have said before "I wish I was as fat as I was the first time that I thought I was fat"..... You don't want that to be your story. Let this be the biggest that you get. Determine that youth has it's benefits and go with it. you can do this!
  • go4me1
    Options
    Zara11 wrote: »
    Is your mother willing to help you develop and successfully follow a healthy lifestyle? Otherwise, do your research, come up with a healthy plan, and stick to it. You need to want to be healthy more than you want to eat all the cookies possible. Your life, your choices, your responsibility. Don't be scared by that - embrace it, be proud of what you can do when you put your mind to it, and don't give up!

My mother has been trying help me. I think I'm going to the nutritionist again soon.
  • go4me1
    Options
    These are great before pictures.... Get busy working on some "after" progress. No one can give you the determination on a discussion board, but if you need a person that stays with the program and will comment on your progress then friend me. Open your diary to public....that is the greatest accountability. Mine is open. You are young now and it really will get more difficult as you get older. You are not an ugly person physically by a long shot. Great legs, btw....But what we wear and how we wear it (with confidence) helps. Get comfortable in your own skin with each step of the way, but NEVER give up. We that are older have said before "I wish I was as fat as I was the first time that I thought I was fat"..... You don't want that to be your story. Let this be the biggest that you get. Determine that youth has it's benefits and go with it. you can do this!

Thank you so much!!!!
  • thehillkiller
    thehillkiller Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    it is hard , i eat rubbish like no tomorrow if its in the house so i have bought more fruit and asked my wife not to bring cookies etc in the house. if you live with your mum ask her not to make so many or so often you may find it easier then, if you explain what your wanting to do it might help.
    i started at 257lbs and it has taken me 7 months of trial and error to get to 238lbs its been hard work but this app is possibly the best choice i made. keep at it you will get there eventually.
  • Sweets1954
    Sweets1954 Posts: 506 Member
    Options
    What does learning disabilities have to do with managing your weight? You can still make better choices in what you eat and whether or not you exercise. It sounds like you are making excuses, only you can make the changes necessary to lose the weight.
  • bethheyyy
    bethheyyy Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Your beautiful! And the same self shaming talk is what probably led you here in the first place. :'( Eating is a form of survival.. Be it physical AND emotional. When I see an over weight person.. I see more than just a person with no self control. I see someone who is suffering from hormones imbalance, lacking the essential amino acids to regulate healthy dopamine and serotonin which dictate our happiness! I see blood sugar issues that cause an unsteady levels of insulin resistance and a lack of the hormone leptin which controls hunger! Your not just crazy. Modern food corporations create these foods in laboratories and experiment with your taste buds and feel good receptors in your brain that cause people to become addicted! They are legal drug dealers. Sugar is 8X as addicting as cocain. And it doesn't take but walking down the street to see so many people are clearly suffering from a crippling food addiction as the legal drug lords get away with murder for putting these things in our food. & marketing to children!! Anyways.. I have overcome binge eating and a serious case of bulimia. I have read countless books and realize now it's SO much more than will power.

So here's my advice to you.

Cut the grains
    Eat grass fed high quality protein at every meal
    Increase your leafy green vegetable 10x
    Salads don't have to be gross! Check out my diary! I have tons of recipes that are amazing! I just found my favorite foods and then created healthy versions of it!
    Drink water!

The bulk of your diet needs to be from protein and vegetables. Anything God created it ok to eat. If He didn't make it.. Don't eat it.

If you want further advice or help... Don't hesitate to message me.

You ARE worth it and you CAN do this.

Knowledge is everything. Learn about the way your body works... How things connect... What makes you hungry and what causes us to be full. Google these things!
  • go4me1
    Options
    Sweets1954 wrote: »
    What does learning disabilities have to do with managing your weight? You can still make better choices in what you eat and whether or not you exercise. It sounds like you are making excuses, only you can make the changes necessary to lose the weight.

I know. Today is a new day and week!!!