What's Your Most Recent NSV

Options

Replies

• ms_maruska
    ms_maruska Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    I have a few which I'm very happy about.

Several friends told me I've lost a lot of weight (even though I didn't lose a lot at all).
    I've been exercising for eight full weeks, which is amazing.
    My resting heart rate is down to 50ish. It always used to be around 80ish.
    Yesterday was two months without cigarettes.
    And the biggest one is that my brother told me he was proud of me, out of the blue, for exercising and losing weight. And he's not someone who usually says things like that.

• 2ledbetter
    2ledbetter Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    Last night I climbed on the roof with my daughter to watch all the fireworks going off around us. It's been years since I climbed in the roof.
  • alias1001
    alias1001 Posts: 634 Member
    Options
    After losing a party game last night at a BBQ, an ex-Marine/personal trainer jokingly commands me to "drop and give me 20." Not only did I kill it, but I also I got a round of applause. Thank you body weight strength training.
  • aprilcanrun
    aprilcanrun Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    I went holiday clothes shopping today and found I have gone from a UK 20-22 to a 16-18 in the last 4 months. Woohoo!
  • AngeBee18
    AngeBee18 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    After losing a party game last night at a BBQ, an ex-Marine/personal trainer jokingly commands me to "drop and give me 20." Not only did I kill it, but I also I got a round of applause. Thank you body weight strength training.

Haha, that's Awesome!
  • R1rainbows
    R1rainbows Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    SO pumped and SO proud... Tonight I ran with all my heart on "calorie level 3" on my elliptical and I kept pace AND did not have to stop for rest!!!! 35 whole minutes!!!! Next stop: "calorie 4"!!! *flex* B)
  • 47Jacqueline
    47Jacqueline Posts: 6,993 Member
    Options
    I started using 15lb free weights in about half of my workout today.
  • andympanda
    andympanda Posts: 763 Member
    Options
    I felt confident enough to buy a tank top. This way I can become a little less pasty.

kng91o4h9oal.jpg
  • MamaBirdBoss
    MamaBirdBoss Posts: 1,516 Member
    Options
    Dropped my time to 60 min for 4.5 miles!
  • ponybrown
    ponybrown Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    More efficiently sweating during my workouts. I find now that I'm losing weight and increasing my fitness significantly, I sweat a lot more while exercising and secretly (or perhaps, not so secretly now) really like it! I feel strong!
  • MamaBirdBoss
    MamaBirdBoss Posts: 1,516 Member
    Options
    Oh, my husband walked in the room and went, "Your neck! It's so slim!" :D
  • AngeBee18
    AngeBee18 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    Last night my husband wanted take aways for dinner. I was ok with that since I'd done a big run earlier in the day. But didn't want to go crazy. So we settled on fish from the fish & chip shop, but rldry roasted some potatoes and other veg instead of chips and had heaps of other veg on the side to fill us up. It was delicious, I didn't have regrets, and I didn't feel gross afterwards from too much greasy food. And best of all, our good choices meant I was still within my kj budget for the day. WIN!
  • aerochic42
    aerochic42 Posts: 820 Member
    Options
    While working on the house, my knee joints (the skin is tender, but that's a different non-weight related thing) didn't bother me while kneeling/crawling around on all fours when cleaning and weeding. I only had to reposition my knee once from pain.
  • linzi02
    linzi02 Posts: 74 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    Went to buy some more gym clothes yesterday and asked the shop assistant to get me a medium and a large in the top I wanted. She looked at me and said "is it for you?" when I said yes she said I would only need a small. I didn't think it would fit but when I tried it on it was perfect :) Made my day!
  • DuckReconMajor
    DuckReconMajor Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    For the first time ever, I did my 2 mile run with a pace of under 10 min/mi! :smiley:
  • ohgeeque
    ohgeeque Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    I can fit into the baby doll tees I bought 10 years ago without looking at extra rolls of fat. Yesterday, I wore one of my 7 year old's tees by mistake.
  • Sydmayn
    Sydmayn Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I injured myself last weekend and gave myself the idiotic opportunity to eat whatever I want for a week. I kept saying "last day today I promise, I might as well enjoy it". I was afraid I'd throw it all away like the first time I lost the 12kg. But today I woke up, weighed myself (didn't lose or gain), had a workout and ate within my calorie limit.

Yay
  • adolphsem
    adolphsem Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I entered and finished a 4-mile run on Saturday. My time was exactly 1 hour, and I was NOT LAST.jlg2gg346qn5.jpg
  • silverarcheress
    silverarcheress Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    I looked in my closet this morning and realized I love wearing almost everything my wardrobe. (and decided to get rid of the couple of things I don't)

Why on earth has this never occurred to me? I only want to keep the clothes I love to wear!

• kab789
    kab789 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    adolphsem wrote: »
    I entered and finished a 4-mile run on Saturday. My time was exactly 1 hour, and I was NOT LAST.jlg2gg346qn5.jpg

Great job way to go :)

I just finished week 5 day 2 of couch to 5k and I feel very good. I was not at home when the 5 minute cool down walk was done so I decided to just run back home and added an extra 4-5 minutes to the total run. Today as the first time I felt like could keep going and be able to finish the couch to 5k with no problem, in the past it always was I can't even finish out this week this day.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!