Lipo/B12 injections HORROR!

Options

Replies

• yopeeps025
    yopeeps025 Posts: 8,680 Member
    Options
    spicy618 wrote: »
    Are you in Miami?...

The plan you are on sounds like what I did years ago. It was a B12 shot with a Phen pill (37 mgs) and some vitamins. We would go to a "doctors" office every week, get weighed, get the shot in the butt. and out the door. Sometime, we would get a sort of a plasma(sp) that would "cleanse" you for more weight loss. He did take our blood pressure and told us not to exercise more than a 20 minute walk. A friend and I did it for about 5 months... I lost about 50 lbs. From 185 to 138 (lowest).

I stopped reading after the bold. Not to sure what kind of weight loss plan says only walk for 20 minutes? Sounds like something for what type of person???
  • CSARdiver
    CSARdiver Posts: 6,252 Member
    Options
    Whenever you think you need any of the latest fads, just send the money to me and I'll smile, compliment you, and wave. It's win/win and will have a nearly identical effect to engaging in the fad, only minimizing your chance of an adverse experience.
  • yopeeps025
    Options
    CSARdiver wrote: »
    Whenever you think you need any of the latest fads, just send the money to me and I'll smile, compliment you, and wave. It's win/win and will have a nearly identical effect to engaging in the fad, only minimizing your chance of an adverse experience.

I'm sure you would take five minutes to write up a cater plan to OP?
  • spicy618
    spicy618 Posts: 2,117 Member
    Options
    yopeeps025 wrote: »
    Are you in Miami?...

The plan you are on sounds like what I did years ago. It was a B12 shot with a Phen pill (37 mgs) and some vitamins. We would go to a "doctors" office every week, get weighed, get the shot in the butt. and out the door. Sometime, we would get a sort of a plasma(sp) that would "cleanse" you for more weight loss. He did take our blood pressure and told us not to exercise more than a 20 minute walk. A friend and I did it for about 5 months... I lost about 50 lbs. From 185 to 138 (lowest).

I stopped reading after the bold. Not to sure what kind of weight loss plan says only walk for 20 minutes? Sounds like something for what type of person???

Yes, it was a crap vlcd. I regret it now. But felt it was a miracle back then. I now know better. ;)

Oh one thing I forgot to mention.. It was all paid for my our PPO insurance. The people who didn't have a great insurance had to pay about $60 a week, back then. Hialeah Doctors.. lol!
  • shrinkingletters
    shrinkingletters Posts: 1,008 Member
    Options
    OP it looks like you're open to the idea of doing things the right way. I'm glad you're ready to ditch the snake oil. :)
  • yopeeps025
    Options
    Are you in Miami?...

Yes, it was a crap vlcd. I regret it now. But felt it was a miracle back then. I now know better. ;)

Oh one thing I forgot to mention.. It was all paid for my our PPO insurance. The people who didn't have a great insurance had to pay about $60 a week, back then. Hialeah Doctors.. lol!

We live and learn. I have done my share of unhealthy eating to lose weight or/and excessive exercising. I remember telling my friends 12 hours at the gym per week feels like a second job.
  • spicy618
    Options
    Are you in Miami?...

We live and learn. I have done my share of unhealthy eating to lose weight or/and excessive exercising. I remember telling my friends 12 hours at the gym per week feels like a second job.

Yes sir,

I've learned to ask myself, "Can i do this for the rest of my life"?

But I'm a lot older now too. lol!
  • tiffanyslimdown
    tiffanyslimdown Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Are you in Miami?...

In those months I had dry mouth, took my pill first thing in the morning or I couldn't sleep if I took it past 9 am. Also, got crazy dizzy spells when I stood up suddenly. My friend lost about 40 ( she needed less to lose). Felt her heart beat wasn't the same. Anyway, we got off it and very soon began to gain. When we gained about 15 lbs. we tried to do it again.... Didn't work. It was like we were immune to the appetite supressant.

Fast forward... I gained about 35 of the almost 50. It didn't happen instantly, because I had developed a habit of exercising 7 - 8 hours a week and counting calories. As soon as i stopped exercising intensely, I gained most of it back. When I tried to doing it with only diet and exercise it was really hard... I think because my metabolisim had slowed with the 50 lbs loss without exercise (which was probably a lot of muscle).

Now, after deciding on Sept 15, 2014, I've lost a total of 10 lbs. without stressing too much. Yes, It's taking a long time, but I believe it was because I lost those lbs in an unhealthy way.

If your plan is helping you succeed, I'm happy for you. However, just know that those pills don't work forever, you should use this time to get some better habits for yourself. I got my habit of drinking water from that dry mouth time.

Good luck to you!

This is exactly the routine and I'm in Alabama.
    I don't want to keep getting these shots in my butt, so as of today, I'm so done with that.
    He didn't limit the amount of exercise so I exercise fairly heavy & walk long distances.
    I told the doc I wasn't lazy or didn't have the energy just had an ongoing appetite, he assured me that I needed both. No more shots. I eat totally different on Phen, I don't even think about fast foods, chips, fried foods, candy, sodas none of that! I haven't had any at all! And it hasn't hurt my feelings. My water intake has increased greatly! I'll use this to learn through MFP how to get it together and keep it together. I'm 27 and has got to start living.
    Thanks. @spicy618
  • yopeeps025
    Options
    Are you in Miami?...

Yes sir,

I've learned to ask myself, "Can i do this for the rest of my life"?

But I'm a lot older now too. lol!

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10203650/cant-force-myself-to-1000-calories#latest

Sounds like you can copy and paste your response on side effects there.

BTW a 20 minute walk and thats it is a really big side effect to what I am doing.
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,912 Member
    Options
    Are you in Miami?...

Oh, there's no shortage of unscrupulous doctors in the rest of Dade County, and Broward as well :D

• sofaking6
    sofaking6 Posts: 4,589 Member
    Options
    Are you in Miami?...

That's an exercise plan for a person with a dangerously high heart rate from taking high doses of stimulants.
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,912 Member
    Options
    Does seems logical. I'm scheduled to get another injection today. I like the "instant" rush of energy I feel from the injections and I can work/exercise without getting tired as quick versus not getting it.

After working in a building with toxic mold in the late 90s, I was very ill and received vitamins intravenously for a short time. I did feel better afterwards. However, I just did this for a short time to get me over the hump until the lifestyle modifications kicked in and I got better on my own. Also, worker's comp paid for it.

As someone who has received a similar treatment as you, I recommend that if you don't already have a gym membership, I suggest your money would be better spent on that. Maybe a few sessions with a personal trainer as well.
  • spicy618
    Options
    Are you in Miami?...

In those months I had dry mouth, took my pill first thing in the morning or I couldn't sleep if I took it past 9 am. Also, got crazy dizzy spells when I stood up suddenly. My friend lost about 40 ( she needed less to lose). Felt her heart beat wasn't the same. Anyway, we got off it and very soon began to gain. When we gained about 15 lbs. we tried to do it again.... Didn't work. It was like we were immune to the appetite supressant.

Fast forward... I gained about 35 of the almost 50. It didn't happen instantly, because I had developed a habit of exercising 7 - 8 hours a week and counting calories. As soon as i stopped exercising intensely, I gained most of it back. When I tried to doing it with only diet and exercise it was really hard... I think because my metabolisim had slowed with the 50 lbs loss without exercise (which was probably a lot of muscle).

Now, after deciding on Sept 15, 2014, I've lost a total of 10 lbs. without stressing too much. Yes, It's taking a long time, but I believe it was because I lost those lbs in an unhealthy way.

If your plan is helping you succeed, I'm happy for you. However, just know that those pills don't work forever, you should use this time to get some better habits for yourself. I got my habit of drinking water from that dry mouth time.

Good luck to you!

This is exactly the routine and I'm in Alabama.
    I don't want to keep getting these shots in my butt, so as of today, I'm so done with that.
    He didn't limit the amount of exercise so I exercise fairly heavy & walk long distances.
    I told the doc I wasn't lazy or didn't have the energy just had an ongoing appetite, he assured me that I needed both. No more shots. I eat totally different on Phen, I don't even think about fast foods, chips, fried foods, candy, sodas none of that! I haven't had any at all! And it hasn't hurt my feelings. My water intake has increased greatly! I'll use this to learn through MFP how to get it together and keep it together. I'm 27 and has got to start living.
    Thanks. @spicy618

Good on you!

Being here will expose you to so many people who are succeeding without pills or gimmicks. The best part of taking your time is that it CAN be for the rest of your life. Unlike living on diet pills.

I can understand needing some help, especially when it's a lot to lose. Just don't let it be your only plan.

btw, I'm doing IF. Maybe you can check out that group. ;)
  • yopeeps025
    Options
    sofaking6 wrote: »
    Are you in Miami?...

That's an exercise plan for a person with a dangerously high heart rate from taking high doses of stimulants.

True but I was getting at another type of person?

• spicy618
    Options
    sofaking6 wrote: »
    Are you in Miami?...

So right! I was ignorant then.
  • spicy618
    Options
    kshama2001 wrote: »
    Are you in Miami?...

Oh, there's no shortage of unscrupulous doctors in the rest of Dade County, and Broward as well :D

lmao! True!
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    In for butt shots.
  • 40andFindingFitness
    40andFindingFitness Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    Sounds like pretty scary stuff. I remember in the 90's a friend was getting fen-phen shots (the latest weight loss craze). She developed a heart issues and was sick for quite a while. It was pretty bad. Now I get that this is not the same product but jumping on the "latest weight loss craze" bandwagon can be risky. Eat real food. Exercise. Stay within your allotted calories and you'll do fine. Move more, eat less. Make it a mantra. Good luck!
  • crazyjerseygirl
    crazyjerseygirl Posts: 1,252 Member
    Options
    So, I'm dubious how B12 helps you lose weight.

I'm confused as to why you can't just take B12 vitamin pills (I took them as a vegetarian)

If you insist on taking it there's a nasal spray gel up for prescription. My father takes it (pathology involved) and it works well for him.

http://www.nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus/druginfo/meds/a604029.html
  • brianpperkins
    brianpperkins Posts: 6,124 Member
    Options
    How many weight loss clinic shortcuts are you either taking or considering?