Replies

• skinnyme47
    skinnyme47 Posts: 805 Member
    Options
    You can do it.
  • JoJo1953
    JoJo1953 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    I'm 57 and yes It's takes work and determination but we can do it even at our age!:smile:
  • captmarko
    captmarko Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Hang in there....do you have MFP on your smart phone?
  • 2youngatheart
    2youngatheart Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    There have been several posts since I posted the first one....and I appreciate all the encouragement. We all need that daily! I do not have a smart phone...not sure I want one....I just log on my computer each day. I know it would be easier with a smart phone :).
    We are trying to support each other on here by posting our work outs on Fridays and cheering each other on. Any advice is appreciate about how you stay on track and foods that you "cheat" with .
  • healthysr
    healthysr Posts: 5
    Options
    Hi 2youngatheart: I don't have any of the modern-day gadgets either. I can barely keep-up with computer and cell phone. Gotta have a life outside of technology and socializing with universe:) Hope my posts can be of some support. My workouts have included walking, strength training, and yoga. My favorite snacks include: Kiebler 100 Calorie shortbread Cookies, Hotess 100 calorie Twinkies, Hotess Zingers, Cheese & crackers. When I cheat I tend to exercise more.
  • sue26
    sue26 Posts: 412
    Options
    Okay so its Fri again already sigh.....
    Sat wii fit and gardening
    Sun wii fit
    Mon gardening and walking
    Tues tai chi
    Weds tai chi
    Thurs gardening and walking
    Fri wii fit (cos its raining lol)
    Thats it for another week
    Three down:smile:
  • Bbread
    Bbread Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm 64 and would like to be looking and feeling better for 65 in November! Just found this site two days ago, but have been working for 3 weeks and lost 5 pounds. I really like the food diary...helps to sort out and stay "on track".
  • 2youngatheart
    Options
    Okay so its Fri again already sigh.....
    Sat wii fit and gardening
    Sun wii fit
    Mon gardening and walking
    Tues tai chi
    Weds tai chi
    Thurs gardening and walking
    Fri wii fit (cos its raining lol)
    Thats it for another week
    Three down:smile:
    So sorry Sue26, I truly meant to log on....was so busy..that I forgot to post to this site....but I remembered today. I had a couple of days I didn't really exercise...but I did work all day long...long days....threw a surprise birthday party for my daughter...so I had to cook for 40 people by myself...took awhile...that is my excuse for not posting...was getting everything set up for it. Will do better next week...thank you for being faithful to post! We will get through it. I don't know about you...but sometimes it helps me to see it in one space...the exercise and effort I have put in for the week.
    Bbread...welcome...You have done great ! 5#'s in 3 weeks is terriffic! Hope to see you back ...and lets all stay "on track" ...hope you all have a blesssed week! See you back on Friday?
  • Bringerofrain
    Bringerofrain Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    Hi there,
    I would love to join this group too! I just turned 50 but there aren't very many people in my age group that can relate! lol
  • 2youngatheart
    Options
    Hi there,
    I would love to join this group too! I just turned 50 but there aren't very many people in my age group that can relate! lol
    Hello ...and Welcome! We are trying to make sure we get in our weekly exercise and post on Fridays...but feel free to chat and ask questions...someone will have an answer :)
  • 2youngatheart
    Options
    Well, this is a week of little exercise...been sick....so far Monday was my only day! and it was very little because that is when I first showed symptoms....so light house work was it...not felt like doing it any other day! Oh well...back on course next week , I hope.
  • sue26
    sue26 Posts: 412
    Options
    I guess I missed yesterday:cry:
    Sat 6 hrs of tai chi
    Sun couldnt manage any after all that tai chi::laugh:
    Mon tai chi
    Tues tai chi
    Weds tai chi
    Thurs walking
    Fri gardening
    Hope you are better now, so sorry you were sick. guess you get a free pass for that this week:smile:
  • lydialyjg47
    Options
    I just joined today, not sure how to use all the tools, hope this post goes thru, 60 yrs, old and trying on my own to lose weight not working so far so looking for a little support from other people my age, who can offer suggestions, help!