How often does everyone get weighed?

Options
Was interested to get an idea on how often people are jumping on the scales. I have changed to just once a week now every Saturday morning as i used to find a lot of fluctuation getting on every day.
Does anyone else look forward to getting weighed or is it just me thats a bit sad lol

Replies

• RuNaRoUnDaFiEld
    RuNaRoUnDaFiEld Posts: 5,864 Member
    Options
    I weigh in twice a week on my exercise rest days. Normally a Saturday and a Tuesday.
  • DemoraFairy
    DemoraFairy Posts: 1,806 Member
    Options
    I weigh everyday, and log it in a spreadsheet. I choose daily rather than weekly precisely because of fluctuations.
  • Ioras88
    Ioras88 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    The battery of my body scale is dead and I didn't bother to replace it.
    Actually, the next time I get properly weighed will be in early August (I think the 5th?) because that's when I'm going to have a 'check up' at my fitness club where we'll talk about my weight and measurement changes and maybe adjust exercises. They have a pretty good scale with handles so my best guess is that the numbers on body fat percentage and muscle weight aren't extremely off.

Theoretically I could weigh myself with the balance board of my wii fit but I'm not sure how accurate that scale is.
  • ibnfaqir
    ibnfaqir Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    once a week.
  • mauigizmo
    mauigizmo Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Normally once a week but I haven't weighed myself in 3 weeks

• sln93
    sln93 Posts: 1 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    Every other day and logged into a spreadsheet for fluctuations.
    Official weigh ins where I log them on MFP are every fortnight as I use the scales at my gym which also calculate body fat %
  • greaseswabber
    greaseswabber Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    Every day. I prefer to see the fluctuations. I also log it in a weight tracking app to see the long term trend.
  • linzi02
    linzi02 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I weigh everyday and log it on a weight tracking app so that when there are fluctuations I can still see if there is a downward trend, makes me worry less about the ups and downs. I log my weight every weekend on MFP as well.
  • yoshi314
    yoshi314 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I do it daily at the same hour everyday, because more data points simply allows to catch trends in my weight changes faster.

Doing it more often than daily would just introduce noise, due to different body weight at different times of the day.
  • Soopatt
    Soopatt Posts: 563 Member
    Options
    Every day when it is warmer, once a week, now that it is colder (that bathroom is cold!)
  • DeguelloTex
    DeguelloTex Posts: 6,658 Member
    Options
    Every day.
  • pocok31
    pocok31 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Every day
  • misskarne
    misskarne Posts: 1,767 Member
    Options
    Every Sunday.
  • unrelentingminx
    unrelentingminx Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    Every morning and the results logged in a notebook. Even with slight daily fluctuations, I can still see a nice downward trend :smile:
  • IanRS
    IanRS Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I weigh every day but track the seven day moving average in a ss.
  • daz2270
    daz2270 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Once a week for me - tried daily but natural variations stressed me out.
  • luvbwfc
    luvbwfc Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    daily, to help understand fluctuations, but only log weekly
  • dizzieblondeuk
    dizzieblondeuk Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    Changed to a new digital scale at the weekend and my weight went up 3lb! I knew my old scale was rubbish, but horribly disappointing to see the number go up. So, I'm continuing with daily weighs, just so I can retrack my weight. Down 0.5lb since Sunday, so on target this week (at least now I can track 0.5lb losses!).
  • icck
    icck Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    Once a week (Wednesday) when I visit someone who has a digital scale ha. I keep saying I will buy myself one, but never get around to it.
    I think once I can weigh at home I'll start weighing daily for a while to monitor the fluctuations though, mostly just out of curiosity.
  • slaite1
    slaite1 Posts: 1,307 Member
    Options
    I weigh daily but only log weekly on Sunday morning (occasionally I'll add in another day). I like seeing the fluctuations. As my weight has consistently gone down, so have my fluctuations. My "higher" weight has trended down with my lower weight. It's cool to watch