Just for today --- daily commitment thread

Options

Replies

• aerochic42
    aerochic42 Posts: 822 Member
    Options
    aerochic42 wrote: »
    Back from long busy weekend of getting house ready for new tenants. Lots of cleaning everything, mowing, weeding, time in car at both ends. Very tired, so keeping today simple.

1. Laundry - :neutral: partially done, largely because everything was taking forever to dry because of the higher humidity.
    2. Put away stuff from trip - :neutral: hubby's stuff not so much, he's an adult he can put his own stuff away.
    4. No more than two cups of caffeine, so I can stay on normal sleep. :smile:

JFT Tuesday
    1. Finish laundry, including folding and putting away.
    2. Dishes
    3. Layoff the sugar
    4. collect paperwork for Indoc next week
    5. something active this evening even though it's warm and humid, walk around the block minimum
  • morning_joy
    morning_joy Posts: 1,063 Member
    Options
    JFT Tuesday
    1. Get up early and walk before work.
    2. Drink all of my protein shake
    3. Drink my water all day
    4. Make the time for one phone call to connect with someone.
    5. Clean my closet.
    6. Do 10 pushups, 10 sit ups and 10 squats 3 x today
    7. Don't leave dishes in the sink tonight
    8. Smile and breath!!
  • morning_joy
    morning_joy Posts: 1,063 Member
    Options
    Rebamae wrote: »
    Happy Tremendous Tuesday to each of you B)

I am convinced that my scale will not let me see 219. Since the first of July I have seen every combination possible for 220._ I just cannot get down those few tenths. Tomorrow might be my lucky day!!

I will keep you in my thoughts and send lots of positive energy your way. Drink that water...maybe add a little lemon and cayanne. I too am plagued by that stubborn scale. I need to stay on track so I can see real movement. I use to say "I will never let myself get above 200". Now I have been here for 2 years. I have had enough. This week is it. We can do this!!
  • GrandmaJackie
    GrandmaJackie Posts: 36,297 Member
    Options
    Just for today (Tuesday)

1 REMEMBER to come back
    2. NO late night snacking
    3. Tonight relax crochet
    4. Start cleaning the shed

This weekend we had a marvalous time celebrating my grandsons 5th b-day. My exercise and diet didn't go as planned but it was well worth it!! Now Ike Joan says, move on to the next day! So JUST FOR TODAY.......focus on MY healthy diet and workout!
  • kwfitgal
    kwfitgal Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    kwfitgal wrote: »
    Well, JFT 6th July:
    1. Stay within cals
    2. Lots of water/tea 3+ pints
    3. 30 + min exercise

Well, I think I didn't make a single goal yesterday. Got some really great OTHER things accomplished (a small sewing project, getting son ready for college, set up book swap at my house for this week, put away laundry, shop for daughter's bday...important, but not related to health!!!!!!!!!!!!!!). I just have to get over this hump (it has lasted almost 3 weeks...time is slipping away)--if I can just get rolling again, it is a "self-perpetuating cycle": I feel better ("thin" coz I'm not pigging out), I feel a little fit coz of some exercise, I get pumped up coz I see the scale decreasing....OK, Kate, get going!!!!!!!!! :) Sometimes I feel like it might require a "Just for this HOUR"!!!

JFT 7th July:
    1. Stay within cals
    2. Lots of water/tea 3+ pints
    3. 30 + min exercise

Hope all of you make progress in your days too!!!

• azulvioleta6
    azulvioleta6 Posts: 4,195 Member
    Options

Monday:
    1. 12,000 steps :) 15,216
    2. gym :neutral: gym closed due to a power outage--had to just walk instead
    3. under 100 G carbs :)

Tuesday:
    1. 15,000 steps
    2. lift heavy things
    3. under 100G carbs
  • emtjmac
    emtjmac Posts: 1,320 Member
    Options
    Just for today I will:

Burn 1,000 calories during my workout.
    Stay within my calories.

• half_moon
    half_moon Posts: 807 Member
    Options
    Today I will drink a lot of water and be sure to fit in some kind of workout tonight -- even though I am traveling on business today and will be tired once I turn in at the end of the day.
  • mytime6630
    mytime6630 Posts: 4,221 Member
    Options
    I will not let today be a repeat of yesterdays bad eating choices.
    Today is a new day
  • iammygirlsmom
    iammygirlsmom Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Exercise for an hour
    Log all my food
  • mom216
    mom216 Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    hmmmm....

yesterday I managed to get 2 out of 5 completed

Today:

1. paperwork - 1 hour
    2. laundry
    3. meeting
    4. clean 2nd bedroom
    5. research -1 hour

Have a wonderful happy healthy day! B)
  • Rebamae
    Rebamae Posts: 741 Member
    Options
    Hi Again!! B)

I am going to add one more goal to my list for today:

5. Start following Fly Lady again.

It looks as if I am not the only one trying to get "over a hump". Even though today is not hump day let's make this our tremendous Tuesday by giving that extra push!!

Good luck to each of us :p
  • kwfitgal
    kwfitgal Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    .....I just have to get over this hump (it has lasted almost 3 weeks...time is slipping away)--if I can just get rolling again, it is a "self-perpetuating cycle": I feel better ("thin" coz I'm not pigging out), I feel a little fit coz of some exercise, I get pumped up coz I see the scale decreasing....OK, Kate, get going!!!!!!!!! :) Sometimes I feel like it might require a "Just for this HOUR"!!!

JFT 7th July:
    1. Stay within cals---Still remains to be seen since it is only almost noon
    2. Lots of water/tea 3+ pints--I've got a pint in...soon to be pint & half within a few minutes
    3. 30 + min exercise--- :):) Done, done. This also leaves room for a little more later ?!?, but my arms, and probably most of me, are shaking right now!

I AM going to check-in at intervals thru the day, coz I just HAVE to get myself going again! So, here's my "late morning" check-in...partially to motivate myself with a little success. Sorry to take up the space (but I'm not really, lol :) )
  • Rebamae
    Rebamae Posts: 741 Member
    Options
    :'( No walking outside as my leg is hurting. So #3 is a no go.
  • PackerFanInGB
    PackerFanInGB Posts: 3,351 Member
    Options
    Been gone on vacation, and coming back refreshed. Hoping to start over and stick to it!!

Just for Today:
    1. Document every bite that goes in my mouth -- FAITHFULLY!
    2. Take some "me" time to read a chapter out of the new Danielle Steele book I bought
    3. 30 minutes of exercise either at the gym or in the basement with the Wii Fit.

Have a wonderful day everyone! :smile:
  • GrandmaJackie
    Options
    .....I just have to get over this hump (it has lasted almost 3 weeks...time is slipping away)--if I can just get rolling again, it is a "self-perpetuating cycle": I feel better ("thin" coz I'm not pigging out), I feel a little fit coz of some exercise, I get pumped up coz I see the scale decreasing....OK, Kate, get going!!!!!!!!! :) Sometimes I feel like it might require a "Just for this HOUR"!!!

JFT 7th July:
    1. Stay within cals---Still remains to be seen since it is only almost noon
    2. Lots of water/tea 3+ pints--I've got a pint in...soon to be pint & half within a few minutes
    3. 30 + min exercise--- :):) Done, done. This also leaves room for a little more later ?!?, but my arms, and probably most of me, are shaking right now!

I AM going to check-in at intervals thru the day, coz I just HAVE to get myself going again! So, here's my "late morning" check-in...partially to motivate myself with a little success. Sorry to take up the space (but I'm not really, lol :) )

If this is what it take for you to get going again!!!! Good for it!

• GrandmaJackie
    edited July 2015
    Options
    Just for today (Tuesday)

1 REMEMBER to come back :)
    2. NO late night snacking :)
    3. Tonight relax crochet (not yet) :/
    4. Start cleaning the shed :smile:

This weekend we had a marvalous time celebrating my grandsons 5th b-day. My exercise and diet didn't go as planned but it was well worth it!! Now Ike Joan says, move on to the next day! So JUST FOR TODAY.......focus on MY healthy diet and workout!

Just for today (Wednesday)
    1. Come back
    2. Body Works Plus
    3. Early early run
  • feistyjojo
    feistyjojo Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    Wednesday's goals
    - double bootcamp
    - hit or under calorie target

Connect with myself and others.
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,327 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    JFT 7/07
    1. Go to the hairdresser's for a trim
    2. 30 minutes of T'ai Chi
    3. 30 minutes Strength exercises - abdominals
    4. Pre-plan menus; stick to the plan
    5. Be mindful

:smiley: Managed all of the above and more. We had an impromptu dinner/theatre outing in Belfast City and I still managed to stay under goal. :smiley: [/quote]

JFT 8/07
    1. Pre- plan menus; stick to plan. This is really helping me. I can see what treats I can have and whether or not I need to do extra cardio if I have a social event.
    2. Attend conference this morning.
    3. Chores after lunch
    4. Work on strength/flexibility

Life just seems to fill up my free time lol. Lovely to see so much accomplishment of goals. Have a great day, everyone! :)

• TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,327 Member
    Options
    Saragirl2 wrote: »
    JFT

Today-I've decided to shake things up.
    After my daughter is picked up to go to summer school, I'm going to announce to my son that I'm taking him to the beach for a few hours. We need some fun around here since I seem to be so serious these days. I used to be a fun person....what happened??
    I can't surf on account of my knee but I will get in some walking.

Pretrack.
    Weighed in this am-couldn't wait any longer. I'm up.
    Make healthy choices today.
    Find inspiration & be grateful.

Have a great Tuesday!

Have a great day! You can't beat a walk along the beach. :)