Calorie calculator

Options

Replies

• Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    Um I would try www.myfitnesspal.com. You type that into the search engine and they will ask you questions, which will set up your account. They even have a forum section for people to ask questions!
  • sofaking6
    sofaking6 Posts: 4,589 Member
    Options
    No need to count calories, just eat clean and drink a lot of lemon water. If counting calories worked, I'm certain this app would have all of that fancy calculator/diary blah blah stuff.
  • juggernaut1974
    juggernaut1974 Posts: 6,212 Member
    Options
    Liftng4Lis wrote: »
    Um I would try www.myfitnesspal.com. You type that into the search engine and they will ask you questions, which will set up your account. They even have a forum section for people to ask questions!

I heard the forums are full of mean people though
  • Liftng4Lis
    Options
    sofaking6 wrote: »
    No need to count calories, just eat clean and drink a lot of lemon water. If counting calories worked, I'm certain this app would have all of that fancy calculator/diary blah blah stuff.

You forgot the cayenne pepper part :wink:
  • TheVirgoddess
    TheVirgoddess Posts: 4,535 Member
    Options
    ceoverturf wrote: »

I heard the forums are full of mean people though

True story.
  • sofaking6
    sofaking6 Posts: 4,589 Member
    Options
    sofaking6 wrote: »

You forgot the cayenne pepper part :wink:

If OP finds a good site I'm sure it will be right on the front page. Otherwise how do you even know if it's a good site?
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    Lolz.
  • senecarr
    senecarr Posts: 5,377 Member
    Options
    _dracarys_ wrote: »
    I can see how you'd be confused, as this is a dating site.
    That'd be true if this was posted in the ChitChat section.
  • Jod1eC
    Jod1eC Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Well thanks for the sarcasm really helpful not!!

I know this is an app that measures calories but when I can't find the food listed or at the right weight I struggle with what to record.
    Up until today I also hadn't realised you could create a whole recipe ( this would have been helpful advice)

Maybe you should all think back to the support you needed in The beginning and not be so quick to make unhelpful comments.
  • juggernaut1974
    juggernaut1974 Posts: 6,212 Member
    Options
    I tried to warn you about the mean people

*shrug*
  • jmule24
    jmule24 Posts: 1,404 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options

I know this is an app that measures calories but when I can't find the food listed or at the right weight I struggle with what to record.
    Up until today I also hadn't realised you could create a whole recipe ( this would have been helpful advice)

Maybe you should all think back to the support you needed in The beginning and not be so quick to make unhelpful comments.

Passive agressive....grrrrrr......

Your posts very vague and general. If you'd like to be more specific like your later post includes, then we the people of the forums are able to better help you.
  • ew_david
    ew_david Posts: 3,473 Member
    Options

You asked one, vague question and the public is supposed to know that you meant all that^^^?

Lulz.
  • Liftng4Lis
    Options
    jmule24 wrote: »

Passive agressive....grrrrrr......

Your posts very vague and general. If you'd like to be more specific like your later post includes, then we the people of the forums are able to better help you.

cosigned!
    OP you asked if anyone had any recommendations for a calorie calculator.
  • senecarr
    Options

People were pretty up front in the beginning that your question seemed vague and answered it to the best of the ability, given those vagueries.
  • parys1
    parys1 Posts: 2,064 Member
    Options

Just as a helpful FYI, laughter burns calories. 10-15 minutes of laughing burns between 10-40 calories.
  • TheVirgoddess
    TheVirgoddess Posts: 4,535 Member
    Options

You didn't ask for advice or tips on how to use MFP. You asked for calorie counter recommendations.

If you want specific advice, ask for it. None of us are mind readers.

Here's @ndj1979 's really helpful advice for new people.
    1. Enter stats into MFP and set for x amount of weight loss.
    2. Eat to the number that MFP gives you.
    3. get a food scale and weigh all solid foods, and as many liquids as possible.
    4. log everything
    5. make sure that you are using correct MFP database entries
    6. realize that there are no bad foods and that while the majority of foods should come from nutrient dense sources, there is nothing wrong with having pizza, ice cream, cookies, etc, as long as ones micro and macro needs are met.
    7. macro setting are typically .85 grams of protein per pound of body weight; .45 grams of fat per pound of body weight; fill in rest with carbs.
    8. find a form of exercise that you like and do it < not necessary for weight loss, but is for overall health and body comp.

couple stickies I would recommend:

Recomposition:
    http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/comment/33125652#Comment_33125652

Bulking:
    http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10049766/bulking-a-complete-guide-for-beginners

sidesteels guide:
    http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/1080242/a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-sexypants
  • senecarr
    Options
    Hey guys, did anyone mention her question was vague?