Night binging

Options
13»

Replies

• YolliB2014
    YolliB2014 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    I have the same problem. Since you have no trouble controlling what you are doing during the day, try utilizing that control and plan for the evening. If you know you're going to have a snack at night, eat a little less at your meal times or skip your snacks between meals and enjoy them later.
  • senecarr
    senecarr Posts: 5,377 Member
    Options
    dubird wrote: »
    1. Don't keep "junk" snack foods in the house.
    2. Don't keep foods near your computer or wherever you spend your evening.
    3. Find something to do with your hands.

mister_bean_if_you_know_wat_i_mean_by_eragon1354-d6h5x6l.jpg
  • justrollme
    justrollme Posts: 802 Member
    Options
    familygal wrote: »
    Brush your teeth. Works for me

^ Agreed, that simple thing can really help.

I'd also suggest trying to replace that craving with some other type of "reward." For example, one of my guilty pleasures is watching youtube beauty gurus testing out skin care and cosmetics, etc. (I don't even know why, I barely wear any makeup myself, except lip stuff, but I love watching those.)

Sometimes, when everyone has gone to bed and I'm left to my own peaceful devices for awhile, that craving shows up, because that was when I used to binge eat whatever junk was around or left-over. "Old habits die hard." Well, my old habits can die a very hard, stabby death. >:)

Now, when that happens, I distract myself with the youtube stuff. Sometimes, I'll read through the "Success Stories" section, instead. Or even just read. (It is a lot easier to read when not snacking at the same time.) In doing stuff like this, I have learned that the craving is not an actual hunger for food, just for something little that is all mine, to satisfy.

Try to find some other way to sate yourself. <3
  • demoiselle2014
    demoiselle2014 Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    by eating a huge bowl of air popped popcorn in the night. Which i fit in my calorie allowance

That is exactly what I was going to suggest.

• azulvioleta6
    azulvioleta6 Posts: 4,196 Member
    Options
    senecarr wrote: »
    dubird wrote: »
    1. Don't keep "junk" snack foods in the house.
    2. Don't keep foods near your computer or wherever you spend your evening.
    3. Find something to do with your hands.

mister_bean_if_you_know_wat_i_mean_by_eragon1354-d6h5x6l.jpg

Ha ha!

I think she meant knitting or something similar. :)
  • cheryl3660
    cheryl3660 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    I have the same problem. Since I do intermittent fasting, I time my eating window for later in the day/evening so that instead of being a bad habit I am feeling guilty over, it becomes part of my normal eating routine. I've actually managed to cut back my snacking by doing this. Just plan it into your specific dietary goals and make good snacking choices that fit in with those goals.