Foods to Avoid?

Options
124»

Replies

• yourradimradletshug
    yourradimradletshug Posts: 964 Member
    Options
    I can't think of anything I eliminated from my diet exept soda. Almost 2 years since I have had any! Food wise I still have what I like but in MUCH smaller portions. Yes once in a while I over indulge in something like breadsticks or cake but overall I still eat what I like. You just have to watch your intake.
  • nvmomketo
    nvmomketo Posts: 12,019 Member
    Options
    Sugar and staches, including most fruit, anything made with flour, and veggies grown under ground.

This is just me though. I'm on a ketogenic diet, and know this won't work for most people.
  • Therealobi1
    Therealobi1 Posts: 3,261 Member
    Options
    Coconut oil.

Good catch! That's another one for my "no way no how" list: coconut oil

Why coconut oil

mind you I use it for hair food not cooking
  • Mariachicat
    Mariachicat Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    I eat some unhealthy things sometimes, lately it's been like playing with fire. I should really stop buying BBQ chips because they're mostly empty calories, but the taste is so addictive. As long as I'm budgeting them into my calorie quotas, and eating healthy most of the rest of the time, I feel okay fulfilling the craving once in awhile.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    I eat a lot less of certain things...stuff like potato chips, cookies and candies and cakes, sodas, etc...I used to consume this things pretty regularly. I don't consume that stuff often, but I haven't eliminated it. Just this past weekend I went camping and I brought up some good salt and vinegar chips and a couple sodas...it was a great treat...I hadn't had chips though in a couple of months and I"m pretty sure that was my first soda in about 4 months or so.
  • MathematicalOwl
    MathematicalOwl Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I believe in moderation but there are definitely some things that I just don't like having at home because I literally cannot control myself
    -nutella
    -90 calorie granola bars (looking at you, special k and quaker oats)
    I can literally eat an entire container of those things and still be hungry, if not hungrier. If I want them, I'll purchase a single serving (so 1 granola bar or 1 of those little individual packs of nutella) and that's that.
  • Therealobi1
    Therealobi1 Posts: 3,261 Member
    Options
    Coconut oil.

Good catch! That's another one for my "no way no how" list: coconut oil

Why coconut oil

mind you I use it for hair food not cooking

It's kind of "fashionable" now and I like being counter-culture, that's all :)

BTW: your hair is beautiful, keep doing what you're doing !

Thank you.

Yes I have noticed it has become fashionable to use it
  • _incogNEATo_
    _incogNEATo_ Posts: 4,543 Member
    Options
    nvsmomketo wrote: »
    Sugar and staches, including most fruit, anything made with flour, and veggies grown under ground.

This is just me though. I'm on a ketogenic diet, and know this won't work for most people.

How could a well-formed stache possibly inhibit meeting your goals?

nice-stache.jpg
  • giantrobot_powerlifting
    giantrobot_powerlifting Posts: 2,598 Member
    Options
    I don't avoid foods, but if I am in a cut or a bulk I will cycle my snacks. For example, I will trade out almonds and other nuts for celery or carrots.
  • Heydi79
    Heydi79 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Large Stuffed crust meat pizza, dominos or pizza hut. That would blow my calories for 2 days. Owe how i miss you pizza.

Same here!
  • Leslierussell4134
    Leslierussell4134 Posts: 376 Member
    Options
    I stay away from fried foods. You don't need to fry something to make it flavorful, crunchy or moist. Fried goods may taste good, but all the added calories and oxidized oils is enough to ruin a whole day of counting.
    I tend to stay away from ice cream that isn't preportioned. It's easier to get a treat that's in a bar or sandwich form rather than a tub of any size bc I tend to eat more of it.
  • starryphoenix
    starryphoenix Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    I stay away from fried foods. You don't need to fry something to make it flavorful, crunchy or moist. Fried goods may taste good, but all the added calories and oxidized oils is enough to ruin a whole day of counting.
    I tend to stay away from ice cream that isn't preportioned. It's easier to get a treat that's in a bar or sandwich form rather than a tub of any size bc I tend to eat more of it.

Yeah, we never eat fried anything in my family.