bobby19666 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    mantium999 wrote: »
    bobby19666 wrote: »
    Hornsby wrote: »
    I should say I'm in UK. A lot of studies I have read now states sugar is the enemy. Tbh cutting out foods high ultimately lead me to eat less calories as I'm fuller and I have list 7 lb in 10 days so I'm 12 s 8 lb now.

Could you show any of these studies? The members of this forum have read hundreds upon hundreds of studies and I have never seen one that said "sugar is bad". Would just like to see where you are coming from.

http://authoritynutrition.com/10-disturbing-reasons-why-sugar-is-bad/

first search in google

That's not a study. Not even remotely close to one. If you have read several showing sugar is bad, honestly, you wouldn't be using Google. You would link a STUDY you read.

If i did you be paying a subscription it was mainly the times website whilst ay work. But I'm sure there are more studies

You're assuming we don't subscribe, or aren't willing to pay to read a scientific study that would be groundbreaking in its ability to debunk misconceptions regarding the impact of sugar on fat gains/loss as an independent variable within an equal caloric deficit. I will bluntly call your bluff. Provide this evidence and I will gladly eat my words.

It was on The Times website, if you want to pay £26 for a months membership to read it be my guest. There's lots of articles of people cutting sugar
  • Hornsby
    Hornsby Posts: 10,322 Member
    Options

We might need a lesson on "study" versus "article on the internet".

Here is one that says the Lochness Monster is real...
    http://www.ryot.org/6-pieces-proof-loch-ness-monster-real/929247

Must be true since it's on the internet.
  • Hornsby
    Options
    cwolfman13 wrote: »
    I should say I'm in UK. A lot of studies I have read now states sugar is the enemy. Tbh cutting out foods high ultimately lead me to eat less calories as I'm fuller and I have list 7 lb in 10 days so I'm 12 s 8 lb now.

eating cake and washing it down with a coca cola and then having some cookies...probably not the best idea.

having 2-3 servings of healthy, vitamin packed, fiber packed fruit...perfectly fine...and actually really good for you.

I usually have a couple of scrambled eggs and a serving of oats topped with a handful of blueberries and usually a low sodium V8...breakfast is rich in protein, fiber filled oats, and antioxidant awesomeness with the blueberries. Lots of extra vitamins and minerals and lycopene...good for the old ticker.

matters of nutrition are rarely as black and white as this is "bad" or the enemy and this is "good"

Agreed. However look at most processed foods including cereals etc. They're fortified with SUGAR even healthy snacks and low fat foods. Why, people were never this overweight before and they lived on tonnes of fried food. Now there is a obesity epidemic. And I believe regardless of types of foods it's the sugar content

But if you believe that sugar makes you fat, regardless of amount, how could a person be lean while consuming lots of sugar?

The could still have fat around vital organs. Typically most overweight people eat simple carbs such as white bread, crisps and pizzas and refined sugar such as chocolate. How can not one person get me on this issue lol.

Nope - DexaScan approved...no fat around the organs...what next?

And I eat all of those
    Would still like an answer to this one if you have one ^^
  • senecarr
    senecarr Posts: 5,377 Member
    Options

eating cake and washing it down with a coca cola and then having some cookies...probably not the best idea.

having 2-3 servings of healthy, vitamin packed, fiber packed fruit...perfectly fine...and actually really good for you.

I usually have a couple of scrambled eggs and a serving of oats topped with a handful of blueberries and usually a low sodium V8...breakfast is rich in protein, fiber filled oats, and antioxidant awesomeness with the blueberries. Lots of extra vitamins and minerals and lycopene...good for the old ticker.

matters of nutrition are rarely as black and white as this is "bad" or the enemy and this is "good"

Agreed. However look at most processed foods including cereals etc. They're fortified with SUGAR even healthy snacks and low fat foods. Why, people were never this overweight before and they lived on tonnes of fried food. Now there is a obesity epidemic. And I believe regardless of types of foods it's the sugar content

But if you believe that sugar makes you fat, regardless of amount, how could a person be lean while consuming lots of sugar?

Answer = obviously I'm fat because I eat lots of sugar.

It helped get me fat sugary foods = sugar simple carbs = sugar larger = sugar. And I didn't eat a lot still made sure I ate no more than my bmr 2300 calories. I cut BAD sugar and simple carbs, increased protein and fats dropped 7 lb in 10 days.

Enlighten me. What is bad sugar?
    I would think sugar that has bacteria growing on it and making a rancid smell.
  • Josalinn
    Josalinn Posts: 1,066 Member
    Options
    umayster wrote: »
    if you eat fats and proteins for breakfast it will minimize or eliminate the spike in blood sugar. Fats and proteins also keep you from feeling hungry much longer than a carb filled breakfast if you are prone to being hungry not long after eating carbs.

I eat 2-3 fried eggs for breakfast and don't even think about food again for 3-5 hours! It is very liberating and helps me stear clear of nutrient-sparse "fun" food that everyone else thinks is great to bring to work in the morning.

this is interesting - i will try this tomorrow - can i have two boiled eggs instead?? as i always get hungry an hour or 2 after breakfast

Boiled eggs are fine. Maybe have half an avacado too or bacon. Some form of fat.

My mom made for dinner the other day avacado split in half with an egg in each hollow where the pit sat. Sprinkle with some cheese and bacon and baked at 350 for 20 mins i think. Sounds good for breakfast too.
  • Hornsby
    Options
    senecarr wrote: »

It helped get me fat sugary foods = sugar simple carbs = sugar larger = sugar. And I didn't eat a lot still made sure I ate no more than my bmr 2300 calories. I cut BAD sugar and simple carbs, increased protein and fats dropped 7 lb in 10 days.

I would think sugar that has bacteria growing on it and making a rancid smell.

My aunt likes to give me sugars while she pinches my cheeks. Those are bad sugars. Denture breath...
  • Hornsby
    Options

Lol - article with a video my LOLstig? Really? Come on, dude.
  • mantium999
    mantium999 Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options

Could you show any of these studies? The members of this forum have read hundreds upon hundreds of studies and I have never seen one that said "sugar is bad". Would just like to see where you are coming from.

http://authoritynutrition.com/10-disturbing-reasons-why-sugar-is-bad/

first search in google

That's not a study. Not even remotely close to one. If you have read several showing sugar is bad, honestly, you wouldn't be using Google. You would link a STUDY you read.

If i did you be paying a subscription it was mainly the times website whilst ay work. But I'm sure there are more studies

You're assuming we don't subscribe, or aren't willing to pay to read a scientific study that would be groundbreaking in its ability to debunk misconceptions regarding the impact of sugar on fat gains/loss as an independent variable within an equal caloric deficit. I will bluntly call your bluff. Provide this evidence and I will gladly eat my words.

It was on The Times website, if you want to pay £26 for a months membership to read it be my guest. There's lots of articles of people cutting sugar

Based on your last 2 links, I will bet money that what you read on the Times website was also an article, that cherry picked data points to support a pre-determined hypothesis. Not a study. You don't know the difference do you? But, to give you the benefit of the doubt, it just so happens that my work also allows me access to the subscription realm of the Times. So link away.
  • Asher_Ethan
    Asher_Ethan Posts: 2,430 Member
    Options

The could still have fat around vital organs. Typically most overweight people eat simple carbs such as white bread, crisps and pizzas and refined sugar such as chocolate. How can not one person get me on this issue lol.

When I was considered, "over weight," I only ate a paleo clean diet, no simple carbs... Now I eat everything I want and I'm almost to my goal weight.

That aside... In the morning I usually eat 1 egg (1c 5f 6p) because I prefer to eat all my calories in the evening.
  • Hornsby
    Options

So I am seeing that we are NEVER going to get any science? Just opinions and articles?
  • bobby19666
    Options

Any that isn't glucose based such as high fructose corn syrup etc.
  • Mariachicat
    Mariachicat Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    I like a high protein breakfast, packed full of high density protein cereals, yogurts and/or smoothies. Gram for gram they keep me satiated and less likely to snack throughout a busy day.
  • senecarr
    senecarr Posts: 5,377 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
  • kgb6days
    kgb6days Posts: 880 Member
    Options
    I don't get hungry as quickly if I eat a high protein breakfast so have bacon/eggs, liver mush/eggs OR sausage/eggs every morning for breakfast. If I eat cereal I feel bloated and am starving within several hours
  • bobby19666
    Options
    Ok I will eat frosted cornflakes for breakfast, with a nice sugar donut, washed down with sugar ladened sunny d. For lunch sugar laden snacks... my point is a reduction to 50g a day is better than most calories coming from sugar which Is empty calories
  • juggernaut1974
    juggernaut1974 Posts: 6,212 Member
    Options
    sugar which Is empty calories

No matter how many times you say it, you're still wrong.