Booze Advice please

Options
13»

Replies

• Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    You said it's a once in a blue moon, so go, drink what you like and enjoy your time with your friends.
  • earlnabby
    earlnabby Posts: 8,171 Member
    Options
    zanie13 wrote: »
    As a Type II also, I drink in moderation. I don't have drink suggestions as I primarily consume wine but any carbs that come from alcohol are immediately deducted from my total carb count for that particular meal. I would definitely not overdo it and talk to your MD.

This is me. I am T2Dm and I mostly have wine or an occasional light beer. Stay away from fancy juice type drinks like margaritas, daiquiris, etc and go with lower carb options. Do some research ahead of time of calories/carbs included in the things you like to drink and plan ahead as to exactly what and how many you can have, then stick to the plan.
  • Kabijots
    Kabijots Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    I love gin (Hendricks if you can get it), tonic, cucumber and black pepper. Odd but it works!

Or gin and fizzy elderflower tonic. Am sure the diet tonics are just as good.

Enjoy your night. X
  • 7lenny7
    7lenny7 Posts: 3,493 Member
    Options
    Gin & diet tonic - 100 calories
  • 7lenny7
    7lenny7 Posts: 3,493 Member
    Options
    And have a great time!
  • azulvioleta6
    azulvioleta6 Posts: 4,195 Member
    Options
    earlnabby wrote: »
    zanie13 wrote: »
    As a Type II also, I drink in moderation. I don't have drink suggestions as I primarily consume wine but any carbs that come from alcohol are immediately deducted from my total carb count for that particular meal. I would definitely not overdo it and talk to your MD.

This is me. I am T2Dm and I mostly have wine or an occasional light beer. Stay away from fancy juice type drinks like margaritas, daiquiris, etc and go with lower carb options. Do some research ahead of time of calories/carbs included in the things you like to drink and plan ahead as to exactly what and how many you can have, then stick to the plan.

Real margaritas made with fresh lime juice aren't too bad.

Unfortunately a lot of places are lazy and go with nasty mixes full of fake junk and sugar.
  • faurotann
    faurotann Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    May I friend you too? The line about meth in moderation just killed me. You're a hoot!
  • snowflakesav
    snowflakesav Posts: 647 Member
    Options
    I think a nice bourbon with a diet coke back would serve the purpose. I drink a non alcoholic beer every now and then, I also like virgin Bloody Mary. Make sure you eat some protien. The hangover isn't worth over doing it.
  • Monarose
    Monarose Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I'm a big weekend drinker. I tend to derail my whole week in one night. I have been looking for better alternatives and this thread definitely helped me a bit also. I was thinking about going with vodka and diet coke from now on. Even when it's a bad night though, I always log the drinks. I think if it's accounted for and once in a while, you'll be good.
  • middlehaitch
    middlehaitch Posts: 8,487 Member
    Options
    Wow, lots if good ideas for the non diabetic here too!
    Malibu and lemon lime fizzy water is one of my new favs. Concocted it for my mumwho doesn't really like to drink and she loved it. She bought herself a bottle of Malibu at the duty free when she returned to Scotland last month.

Gin and tonic is one of my all time favourite, order it tall so you are being gentler on the alcohol.

Not a vodka girl, gives me a headache, but there are some wonderful flavoured rums out there that are great with club soda, again order it tall.

There is a wonderful drink called a St Germaine: 1.5 parts St Germaine elderflower liqueur, 2 parts sparkling wine, 2 parts sparkling water. Serve over a huge wine glass full of ice.
    This is one I would start a celebration with then rein back to tall g&t's then just the t ( all t being diet t). Just so I could have it.

Have a great night.
    Cheers, h.
  • karahm78
    karahm78 Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    Malibu and Diet Coke is my go-to, but it is also good in Diet Cherry Pepsi. Enjoy in moderation!
  • ValerieMartini2Olives
    ValerieMartini2Olives Posts: 3,024 Member
    Options
    My personal drink of choice is a gin and tonic with diet tonic. I never ever thought I'd like it with diet tonic but I do. And it's a lovely drink in the summer when it's so hot out. Those British folks over in India in the colonial days sure did know what they were doing. :)

Can't go wrong with a refreshing G&T
  • LeenaGee
    LeenaGee Posts: 749 Member
    Options
    fearnsey71 wrote: »
    Thanks everyone. This has been a blast. Got some very good ideas and I pinkie swear that on Monday I will be hitting the gym and continuing my C25K and back on the water and green tea.

I love this place. I know everyone means well and their hearts are in right place and I really do appreciate it.

Xx

I personally think you have got this one worked out so go and enjoy your night out.
  • fearnsey71
    fearnsey71 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    faurotann wrote: »
    May I friend you too? The line about meth in moderation just killed me. You're a hoot!

Of course.
  • fearnsey71
    fearnsey71 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Well, thought I would update those of you kind enough to take an interest.

Had a great weekend - I didn't log everything, but I stuck to 3 or 4 beers each night - then went on to either vodka and diet coke or Gin and Slimline. had a few but was happily merry rather than plastered. Plus I mixed in water and soft (diet) drinks in between.

Food was an issue but I kept away from as much bread as possible and no desserts, sweets, chocs or sauces.

Weighed myself this morning and i have gone up 2.8lb - hitting the gym tonight, sorting the garage out tomorrow, gym wednesday, taking part in a community day on thursday helping out at a national trust property (weeding, painting, fence building that sort of thing) and gym on friday so I'm confident I can take back a couple of those pounds this week.

I've got the binge out of my system now and I can re-focus. funnily enough I was itching to get the gym yesterday, but given that I hadn't seen my little one for 2 days I wanted to spend time with her. But imagine me, getting all antsy because I wouldn't have time to work out. (so I did some gardening with her for a couple of hours).