Someone that has/had cancer that would share a run with me?

Options
13»

Replies

• Chieflrg
    Chieflrg Posts: 9,097 Member
    Options
    9434b65c-9f16-4fde-ad02-086a2997f7ae_zps7f64eba2.jpg
    97062f3f-0009-46b7-8589-03dd01d39c91_zps45ddc1bc.jpg
    f6a12c18-a611-4ea5-b177-598e7160ff9f_zps20211587.jpg

Just completed the "still in the fight run" my second 1/2 marathon of this weekend. It went well, pretty wet and cold but good weather is around the corner.

Mom made it out for the finish once more, kind of hard for me to look her in her eyes when is crying but its beautiful to see her smiling face.

Almost got trampled by some deer early on as I spooked them around the corner early on when it was still dark.

I carried a list of 23 people that are battling. Some of those are going to start treatment this week, and my prayers and thoughts go out to them all as the feelings rush back of when I first started three years ago. My advice to you and your family is the same a very smart women who is still battling once gave to me. Stay away from google it only leads to more worry, let your mind rest as much as possible and take one day at a time. The days turn into years before you know it :).

I ask all of you all to look your love ones directly in the eyes today, hold them and tell them what they mean to you and how much you love them. There isn't ever a better time then the present.

To borrow a line from Dave Grohl...One of these days, your heart will stop and play its final beat..one of these days the clocks will stop and time won't mean a thing...

Enjoy your the rest of your weekend. Much love
  • Elizadolots
    Elizadolots Posts: 178
    Options
    I am sorry I was too late to add my Eirlys on your list, but she is at peace now.

You are absolutely amazing. If you don't mind, I am going to copy this idea from you for every run I am going to do in future. (Challenge from and with my best friend!)

You've touched a lot of people through this wonderfully kind act.

Praying for your grandma, mum and yourself.

Congratulations on a massive achievement.
  • Shes1CraftyMama
    Shes1CraftyMama Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    Can I just say Thank You! This entire thing brought tears to my eyes! You have an amazing heart, a wonderful drive, and a strong spirit. I pray that God blesses you this week as you recover from your runs and that He is with your family in every way! Again, thank you. Words can not express how touching this was!
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    Today I prayed for someone who had wronged me. I wished joy to someone who caused me darkness.

My soul is lighter today because of the love you have shown on this thread.

Yes, there is a purpose for each and every thing we do or say.
  • Chieflrg
    Options
    Today I prayed for someone who had wronged me. I wished joy to someone who caused me darkness.

Love this big time! I don't understand how it seems to work out, but I try my best to follow this blue print of thinking. For every bad thing that ever has happened to me, I can smile knowing that my soul will be better for it.
  • t8tersalad
    t8tersalad Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Just saw this thread! I missed out to send a request but it's so wonderful what you did :)
    I lost my dad to leukemia, he was almost 39 years old...I was only 7 weeks old at the time.
    I lost my brother to Hodgkins Lymphoma, he was 29.
  • brittanylock09
    brittanylock09 Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    How AWESOME!!! I'm a pediatric cancer survivor! I had Osteosarcoma when I was 11! That's awesome that you're running!

I have a few for Saturday... I'll just do first names... Laura, Faith, Sam, Samantha, and Tyler. I have a ton more but I can't remember them all for one and two that would be a ton to remember for you!

Sunday: Krystle, Chasity, Savannah

<3<3<3
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options

Love this big time! I don't understand how it seems to work out, but I try my best to follow this blue print of thinking. For every bad thing that ever has happened to me, I can smile knowing that my soul will be better for it.

Just keep following your heart. It is leading you in the right direction. I hope your feet feel ok today!
  • danasings
    danasings Posts: 8,218 Member
    Options
    Just stopping by to say once again how amazing you are. :heart:
  • mestacy010
    mestacy010 Posts: 577 Member
    Options
    What an amazing thread <3
  • Sovictorrious
    Sovictorrious Posts: 770 Member
    Options
    I love this thread. Thank you for this!
  • Chieflrg
    Options
    I love this thread. Thank you for this!

Sovi I'm doing another one this weekend. Here is the link...

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1105383-some1-that-has-had-cancer-would-like-share-a-run-with-me-2

Let me know if you want me to put that special name on the list... :*
  • odusgolp
    odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    You made me cry :'( You're a fabulous person.
  • zcb94
    zcb94 Posts: 3,679 Member
    Options
    Whenever you run again, please think of my neighbor Larry, who died of lung cancer earlier this year, and my mom, Jannit. She is a strong multiple-time survivor. Thank you so much for doing this!