219 calories left - anyone have any dinner ideas for me, please?

Options
bertiebeetle1980
bertiebeetle1980 Posts: 5 Member
I've been so hungry today and now here I am! Looking for inspiration.

Replies

• gmallan
    gmallan Posts: 2,099 Member
    Options
    Home made chicken and veggies soup or chicken breast with salad or vegetables
  • Faithful_Chosen
    Faithful_Chosen Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    http://countingcalscuisine.tumblr.com <— Some food ideas with calories for the displayed meal.
  • madeleadele
    madeleadele Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    This is too late but for future reference: mini turkey meatballs, frozen bananas or grapes, a protein packed smoothie, soup...
  • MaryCS62
    MaryCS62 Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    2 eggs, scrambled in pam (160 cal) w/ 1 slice reg toast or 2 slices light toast (80 cal)-- make a sandwich. Puts you slightly over, but gives protein/fat/carbs & fiber. If you have egg beaters, you can have 3/4 cup for 75 cal, & add a little cheese as well
  • blondeinnj
    blondeinnj Posts: 3,215 Member
    Options
    My fave- Egg whites with Feta Cheese and diced up tomatoes.
  • mccindy72
    mccindy72 Posts: 7,001 Member
    Options
    The giant salad is a great one for small amounts of calories left - tons of lettuce and chopped veggies, some chopped chicken, and lite balsamic vinaigrette dressing. Easily comes in under your 219 calorie limit.
  • pmm3437
    pmm3437 Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    Plan better
  • bertiebeetle1980
    bertiebeetle1980 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Thanks all!
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    Too late now, but an omelette with a big medley of vegies is my go to for a light dinner.
  • kittywrangler
    kittywrangler Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    4oz turkey kabob and broccoli steamed =)
  • chachie_74
    chachie_74 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Chicken spinach and feta sausages are only about 120 cals/link. Throw it on a Sara Lee Delightful bun for just another 80 calories!
  • vivmom2014
    vivmom2014 Posts: 1,647 Member
    Options
    A big pan of roasted mixed fresh vegetables, drizzled with soy sauce. But - wow - 219 calories for dinner would make me sad!
  • AngryViking1970
    AngryViking1970 Posts: 2,847 Member
    Options
    So, late to the party but my go-to low calorie meal is a Morningstar Farms spicy black bean burger topped with a slice of Velveeta and an over easy egg; 215 calories of deliciousness.
  • lporter229
    lporter229 Posts: 4,907 Member
    Options
    A piece of baked cod and a giant plate of steamed frozen vegetables, California blend, with a small pat of butter and seasoning.
  • softblondechick
    softblondechick Posts: 1,276 Member
    Options
    A big bowl of chicken broth, filled with veggies.
  • vivmom2014
    vivmom2014 Posts: 1,647 Member
    Options
    So, late to the party but my go-to low calorie meal is a Morningstar Farms spicy black bean burger topped with a slice of Velveeta and an over easy egg; 215 calories of deliciousness.

This sounds fabulous. (Writes Morningstar Farms spicy black bean burgers on grocery list.)

• lululapagaille
    lululapagaille Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    http://countingcalscuisine.tumblr.com <— Some food ideas with calories for the displayed meal.

This is amazing, thanks !
  • CandyMonster160
    CandyMonster160 Posts: 153 Member
    Options

This sounds delicious! Going to have to add that to the menu this week! Thanks for sharing! :smiley:
  • Faithful_Chosen
    Faithful_Chosen Posts: 401 Member
    Options

This is amazing, thanks !

Very welcome! ^_^ I figured if I'm cooking it, might as well save the recipe for later. This way doing groceries is easy and maybe it helps someone along the way.
  • devinnn0728
    devinnn0728 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    1 scrambled egg, 2 egg whites, 1/4 cup refried beans, spinach, tomatoes, and salsa mixed all together!