Who has tried Shakeology?

Options

Replies

• LLduds
    LLduds Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    BTW...loved it so much and wanted to get it cheaper, so I signed up as a coach. Costs about $90 a bag for about a 30 day supply that way.

I'm guessing that she is calling it "hate" because criticisms of the product are bad for business. Isn't the "coach's" job to shill this crap?
  • Timelordlady85
    Timelordlady85 Posts: 797 Member
    Options
    shell1005 wrote: »
    I have. It's a scam. There is no reason a bloating protein powder should cost $130 a bag. Spend your money elsewhere. I am sure your sister in law would love nothing more than to sell you the stuff because she is making money off it.

this!BUT if you insist on a protein powder try RAW brand on amazon it is just as healthy and only 40 for a month supply. its organic, plant based protein, gluten free, no preservatives added.etc.etc. Ive tried shakeology once and the cost wasn't worth it and I still only lost weight because I exercised and stayed within calories. I also had to add fruit and milk to mine to make it filling. not worth the cost in opinion.
  • Kalikel
    Kalikel Posts: 9,626 Member
    Options
    Personally, I love it. I tried it for a week and found that I lost weight quickly, my skin was clearer and my hormones got back in balance. I also switched a clean eating diet at the time, so I didn't trust it was the Shakeology. So after my trial packs ended, I just continued what I was doing with the clean eating. My skin turned sallow within 2 days, I started spotting after 4 and I became moodier, with less energy. When I was on it, I lost 4 lbs. It has been 2 weeks now and I barely lost 1 lb just from clean eating. It is very nutrient dense and has some ayurvedic herbs that help with balancing hormones, mood, energy levels, etc. I don't think it has a bad taste and I find it very versatile to use with fruity or chocolate and nuts. I just got my first bag today, so you can check in on me to see how it is doing for my continued weight loss and such because my diary is open to the public. BTW...loved it so much and wanted to get it cheaper, so I signed up as a coach. Costs about $90 a bag for about a 30 day supply that way.
    What hormones?

What hormone did you have tested that was re-tested seven days later and was better?
  • pollypocket1021
    pollypocket1021 Posts: 533 Member
    Options
    Kalikel wrote: »
    Personally, I love it. I tried it for a week and found that I lost weight quickly, my skin was clearer and my hormones got back in balance. I also switched a clean eating diet at the time, so I didn't trust it was the Shakeology. So after my trial packs ended, I just continued what I was doing with the clean eating. My skin turned sallow within 2 days, I started spotting after 4 and I became moodier, with less energy. When I was on it, I lost 4 lbs. It has been 2 weeks now and I barely lost 1 lb just from clean eating. It is very nutrient dense and has some ayurvedic herbs that help with balancing hormones, mood, energy levels, etc. I don't think it has a bad taste and I find it very versatile to use with fruity or chocolate and nuts. I just got my first bag today, so you can check in on me to see how it is doing for my continued weight loss and such because my diary is open to the public. BTW...loved it so much and wanted to get it cheaper, so I signed up as a coach. Costs about $90 a bag for about a 30 day supply that way.
    What hormones?

What hormone did you have tested that was re-tested seven days later and was better?

Yeah, that's amazingly fast for endogenous hormone correction (I guess that's how you'd characterize that).

I wait 30 days after initiation of HRT to retest serum hormone levels, but maybe @Uneeknitter knows something I don't.
  • allenpriest
    allenpriest Posts: 1,102 Member
    Options

It would be cheaper to find the ingredients that are helping with your moods and go to the health shop than this. It really sounds like overpriced multivitamins. All the multivitamins food and gym membership I could buy with 90 dollars

If you can find all the multivitamins and herbal supplements in Shakeology for cheaper, let me know. Trust me, I didn't buy it without doing all the research. I used to work in the vitamin department of a health food store. I know my stuff.

I slept at a Holiday Inn Express last week. That makes me about as qualified as working the vitamin isle of a health food store.
  • kk_inprogress
    kk_inprogress Posts: 3,077 Member
    Options

(1) It's only natural you would love something you're making money off of. (2) a 4lb weight loss per week isn't sustainable anyway - you probably lost water weight. (3) one week isn't enough to tell you anything so your week off Shakeology isn't useful information.
  • davert123
    davert123 Posts: 1,568 Member
    Options
    Hornsby wrote: »
    JYAVWj7.gif

class - this is about right
  • Tahlia68
    Tahlia68 Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    B)
  • ediewharton
    ediewharton Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I am so sick of hearing about shakeology and21 day fix. I wouldn't be surprised if part of the so called hate is due. The overexposure. These beach body coaches are like freaking leaches and I especially loathe my "friends" who have decided to use our FB friendship as a means to relentlessly plug their product.
    There is no reason that weight loss should cost that much money. I would feel like a fool wasting my money on any of that.
  • Timelordlady85
    Options
    I am so sick of hearing about shakeology and21 day fix. I wouldn't be surprised if part of the so called hate is due. The overexposure. These beach body coaches are like freaking leaches and I especially loathe my "friends" who have decided to use our FB friendship as a means to relentlessly plug their product.
    There is no reason that weight loss should cost that much money. I would feel like a fool wasting my money on any of that.

I agree! Or people who friend request me on here and then all they post on their wall is weight loss products, these so called fitness challenges that try to get you to buy the 21 day fix program or shakeology. If it works so well, you wouldn't need to push it onto customers.
  • Timelordlady85
    Options
    Hornsby wrote: »
    psulemon wrote: »
    It would be cheaper to find the ingredients that are helping with your moods and go to the health shop than this. It really sounds like overpriced multivitamins. All the multivitamins food and gym membership I could buy with 90 dollars

If you can find all the multivitamins and herbal supplements in Shakeology for cheaper, let me know. Trust me, I didn't buy it without doing all the research. I used to work in the vitamin department of a health food store. I know my stuff.

The nature made multivitamin blows shakeology out of the water in every category except vitamin A. And this was literally the first one I looked at. And the best part about the Naturemade prodcuts is they are verified by an outside organization (USP) that actually tests products to ensure the stated quantities are true. Shakeology isn't verified, let alone sold in a real market. And then you can add protein shake that you like, not one that taste that chalk and is inferior.

DDD5424639E7423C9C4DF1B21B880612.ashx

Shakeology_ChocolateBag_1.5_Back_Web2.jpg

Boom.

makes me feel good taking the nature made multi vitamins and mine were on sale at Walgreens buy one,get one free. double boom!
  • LiftAllThePizzas
    LiftAllThePizzas Posts: 17,857 Member
    Options
    I used to work in the vitamin department of a health food store. I know my stuff.
    Is this like having an advanced fairyology degree?
  • LiftAllThePizzas
    LiftAllThePizzas Posts: 17,857 Member
    Options
    Kalikel wrote: »
    What hormones?

Yeah, that's amazingly fast for endogenous hormone correction (I guess that's how you'd characterize that).

I wait 30 days after initiation of HRT to retest serum hormone levels, but maybe @Uneeknitter knows something I don't.
    Pfft! You probably never even worked in a health food store!
  • snowflakesav
    snowflakesav Posts: 647 Member
    Options
    I have tried it.. Reordered several times. It is very low in calories and kept me satisfied. I lose weight and it helps me stick to a diet. I have some issues with inflammation from exercise and it seems to help. Seems like I save money on massages because I have less inflammation and overuse injury. It does what it claims for me.

I see lots of posts where people are having trouble with knowing how many calories they are eating and I feel that premeasured items are a good way to start a plan and help get some momentum toward weight loss.

That said, it is stupid expensive and I am very skeptical about the quality of supplements like this. I am seeing if I get the same with GNC Lean shake burn...which with coupons and sales is about half the price and tastes better.
  • ariamythe
    ariamythe Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    $130 a bag? How long did the bag last?
    That bag assumes one shake a day -- so, yes, about $4 a shake. And the shakes range from 130-170 calories each, depending on flavor, so they really aren't a true meal replacement unless you're SEVERELY calorie restricting. It's primarily a whey protein, unless you get the vegan flavors, which are built out of a blend of oat, rice, chia, etc.

And I wouldn't call it a MLM. More like a continuity scheme. Either way, I wouldn't drink it again.
  • jeffpettis
    jeffpettis Posts: 865 Member
    Options

^^^AGREE^^^
    Especially the ones who 2 months ago had absolutely no interest in fitness or diet and are now all of a sudden coaches and experts.
    ... there's no reason weight loss should cost ANY extra money. In theory it should cost less because in a deficit you should be eating less which means you buy less food.

• ariamythe
    Options
    I used to work in the vitamin department of a health food store. I know my stuff.
    Is this like having an advanced fairyology degree?

You win the thread. :D
  • ariamythe
    Options
    If you can find all the multivitamins and herbal supplements in Shakeology for cheaper, let me know. Trust me, I didn't buy it without doing all the research.
    Most of the recipes on this site will do the same -- and more! -- than Shakeology for cheaper.

Heck, even non-DIY Soylent is only about $80 a month for a shake-a-day ... and Soylent's nutrition profile blows Shakeology out of the water.

• iammichele
    iammichele Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I have been using it myself for a few weeks now. The only flavor I like so far is chocolate. I also add a little bit of PB2 powder with it to add the peanut butter flavor with the chocolate and it's actually really pretty delicious that way. The strawberry flavor made me gag (very chalky) and the others were just ok. I have gone though my first bag of chocolate and have just ordered another as I did like it enough to give it another month long try. I refuse to sign up for the auto ship (free shipping) option as I have heard once they have your credit card number it is hard to put an end to the service. If I continue to buy the product, I will do so on my own free will and will pay for shipping and not be sucked into their automatic program. I will also say, that I have genuinely felt more energetic drinking the shake. I drink one every morning for breakfast and I believe it really has replaced nutrients in my body that I am unable to get on my own with just 1200 calorie a day allowance. I also feel as though I am getting my chocolate "fix" as sweets are a bit part of the reason I am in a position of needing to drop large amounts of weight! I do however feel hungry within a few hours afterwards so for me it has not been a good "replacement" meal.