Finally under 450lbs!

Options
suger723
suger723 Posts: 33 Member
I'm know I'm still HUGE. it this is my first success marker. At my heaviest I was over 500 pounds. I never knew exactly how much because the scale wouldn't weigh me. March of last year was a turning point in my life. I gave birth via C-section to my 3rd child. And finally I realized that I am a awful mother. I can't think of anything in the world more important to me than my kids. But I'm robbing them of a mom. I can't play with them at the park or go on bike rides. I can't chase them back and forth as they kick the soccer ball around. I have always Just sat on the sidelines. And that's not the kind of mom I want to be. As of may 2014 I stopped drink soda. That was my first baby step and it helped me loose enough weight so that in March of this year I was able to weight myself for the first time in years. I weighed in at 498lbs right before my sons first birthday. It was a huge progress for me. I am Now as of this morning down to 448! My first REAL 50 LBS only because I can now see the scale moving!

Replies

• Lasmartchika
    Lasmartchika Posts: 3,440 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    Congratulations!! That's wonderful, keep it up!! :)
  • queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options
    Nice!! You can do it!!
  • Emmy4444
    Emmy4444 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Amazing! Keep going!
  • abelcat1
    abelcat1 Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    That´s just wonderful for you. Best wishes for you and the kids. I bet they are happy to see you, feeling better than ever :D
  • bibimazoon
    bibimazoon Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! You got this! I have to keep telling myself Slow and steady FTW!
  • jnetk0828
    jnetk0828 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    That is fantastic!! You put me to shame. I can't even get 10 pounds off the 69 pounds I need to lose. I am going to keep an update on you and maybe use you as an incentive to get my butt in gear.
  • WithWhatsLeft
    WithWhatsLeft Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    That's awesome! Sounds like you are really on the way!
  • Patttience
    Patttience Posts: 975 Member
    Options
    Well done. Don't ever give up. Life is a lot more comfortable when you are smaller. You have so many reasons to do this and so much to gain. I hope you are following a good healthy sustainable plan and that you enjoy it.
  • fbcarlson
    fbcarlson Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    That is awesome! Keep up the great work!
  • bametels
    bametels Posts: 950 Member
    Options
    FANTASTIC! Small steps over time add up to long-term success. Good for you!!
  • suger723
    Options
    I have been eating mainly baked fish and shrimp along with fresh veggies and fruits no salts no dressing. Good thing I grew up with a huge garden and love almost every vegetable there is (no beats)
  • daisychain2468
    daisychain2468 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    well done !! inspiring :)
  • suger723
    Options
    I have had cheat days but even on those days If I want something bad enough I make sure to cut enough out so that I don't go over my calories. No mare sodas for me and as of today, I'm stopping drinks redbull. That's my one bad habit one a day. According to this app the highest amount of carbs I consumed last week was because of my Red Bull well that changes today!
  • Frayde
    Frayde Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    I am so impressed by you, your dedication and your life changes. The first changes I made were to stop drinking soda and to start parking the car in the FARTHEST spot from the entrance of a store instead of the closest. You need to stay dedicated so that you will be present not just to kick a ball around with your kids, but so you will see them graduate from high school, maybe college, and someday...see them have babies of their own. They need you to be there for them. And those are glorious things worth being there for. Keep up the awesome, incredible, brave work you've been doing!
  • besaro
    besaro Posts: 1,858 Member
    Options
    awesome work!! little changes/big results!!
  • StayFocus4Life
    StayFocus4Life Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Great job!
  • DuckReconMajor
    DuckReconMajor Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    Awesome! Keep it up!
    suger723 wrote: »
    I'm know I'm still HUGE.
    Don't think of it this way. Keep thinking about how great it will be to be able to say "I lost 100 lb", "I lost 200 lb!", and so on. These stories are always impressive.
  • TinaBaily
    TinaBaily Posts: 792 Member
    Options
    Congratulations, suger!! You have made a commitment to yourself and your children and are making huge progress, no pun intended. I am very impressed that by cutting soda alone you managed to drop a lot of weight. Now I see that you are logging your food and eating mindfully. What a great example you are setting for your growing children!

Have you begun anything for exercise? I realize that at your current weight it may not be much, but a walk up and down your street with your little one in a stroller 2 or 3 times a day? Progress from there to up the street, around the corner to the next one, then back, and so on and so forth. If you keep pushing yourself to do more, and continue eating as well as you mentioned, you will be able to chase after your kids the way you dream about doing, and it will happen sooner than you think, I bet. Keep watching your macros as you are, try getting in some exercise daily, and it will happen for you! Thank you for being brave enough to share with us.
  • soozquu
    soozquu Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! You've so got this!
  • DanniB423
    DanniB423 Posts: 776 Member
    Options
    A true inspiration! I would love to be your friend on here to support each other. I started at 272 and I am now 250 and really could use a friend with her head in the game like you!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!