the one thing you miss about being fat?

Options

Replies

• CarlydogsMom
    CarlydogsMom Posts: 645 Member
    Options
    As nice as it was to not be constantly mindful of what I'm putting in my mouth and to eat what I felt like eating at pretty much any time, I don't miss it. There's something that's so confidence-boosting when you actually control what you're eating--when your brain says "ya know, not going to have that second and third slice of pizza"--that doesn't happen with me when I didn't control my food. The rationalizations I made while shoving X and Y into my mouth started to just. get. me. down.

Even though that very first meal on the very first day of my losing-weight journey I didn't weigh an ounce less than I did the day before, when I tracked my food and said "no" to just a couple things--the confidence just started building and building--and hasn't stopped. The confidence was way more addicting than my desire to eat something massive, rationalize it, and feel guilty afterwards.

I'll take THAT any day over whatever 2nd or 3rd, or even 1st, thing I might have missed.

There were a few nice clothes I had when I was 75 pounds heavier that now I just had to give away....maybe that, but I can deal!
  • rainbow198
    rainbow198 Posts: 2,245 Member
    Options
    There were a few nice clothes I had when I was 75 pounds heavier that now I just had to give away....maybe that, but I can deal!

I understand!

Also I have a pair of really cute knee-high leather boots that are too big and made for wide calves. I lost 2 shoe sizes and tons of inches in my calves. I just can't give them away just yet, but I will one day...I hope!
  • belimawr
    belimawr Posts: 1,155 Member
    Options
    This may seem a little rough, but...

Walking down a Manhattan or Brooklyn street, and when someone is walking on the wrong side, rude, or just oblivious; or a group of six across rufusing to allow me to pass; having the bulk to send another person to the ground. Now it's I who's going to likely end up there.
  • TasnimEz
    TasnimEz Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    I can only think of one thing.. Not caring a bit about how I look. :blush:
    Now I'm starting to care again and I'm not used to it anymore. Haha.
  • VintageFeline
    VintageFeline Posts: 6,771 Member
    Options
    I still have a long way to go but I miss not being constantly harassed. It's always happened to me from my early teens, then I gained a lot of weight and it petered out to just the odd catcall but the more I lose the more it's ramping up again. Catcalled from cars, vans, on the street, at the supermarket and it's honestly tiresome.

That and constantly pigging out on my favourite foods! But I actually feel a lot better being in control of myself in that respect.
  • kbrit89352
    kbrit89352 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I don't miss anything about being fat. But it's definitely harder to stay thin.
  • SkinnyCat39
    SkinnyCat39 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    NOTHING
  • smantha32
    smantha32 Posts: 6,990 Member
    Options
    kbrit89352 wrote: »
    I don't miss anything about being fat. But it's definitely harder to stay thin.

Yeah, this.
  • runningagainstmyself
    runningagainstmyself Posts: 616 Member
    Options
    Not worry about the implications of what went into my body.
  • smantha32
    smantha32 Posts: 6,990 Member
    Options
    gundon wrote: »
    So just curious what's the one thing that you miss most about being unhealthy... Mine is zaxbys.. My god if I could have a chicken tender plate with hot honey mustard sauce calorie free I would punch a baby in the face

You can have it. Just allow calories for it.
  • runningagainstmyself
    runningagainstmyself Posts: 616 Member
    Options
    Not being cold. I used to be a snow bunny and now I hate winter because I can never manage to stay warm, even with layers upon layers on.
  • DuckReconMajor
    DuckReconMajor Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    As nice as it was to not be constantly mindful of what I'm putting in my mouth and to eat what I felt like eating at pretty much any time, I don't miss it. There's something that's so confidence-boosting when you actually control what you're eating--when your brain says "ya know, not going to have that second and third slice of pizza"--that doesn't happen with me when I didn't control my food. The rationalizations I made while shoving X and Y into my mouth started to just. get. me. down.

Even though that very first meal on the very first day of my losing-weight journey I didn't weigh an ounce less than I did the day before, when I tracked my food and said "no" to just a couple things--the confidence just started building and building--and hasn't stopped. The confidence was way more addicting than my desire to eat something massive, rationalize it, and feel guilty afterwards.

I'll take THAT any day over whatever 2nd or 3rd, or even 1st, thing I might have missed.
    Yeah, same here. When I was basically binging every meal

a) felt like absolute crap afterward
    b) felt like i only did this because i had no self control/was failing at life and wanted to feel better

It's like, I let my life get out of control and mindless eating was my childish grab at happiness.

If my life gets pulled in that direction again I am going to get help or find some other much healthier way to deal with these things.
  • Diana_GettingFit
    Diana_GettingFit Posts: 458 Member
    Options
    I don't miss a single thing.
  • TheVirgoddess
    TheVirgoddess Posts: 4,535 Member
    Options
    Absolutely nothing.
  • pariskathryn
    pariskathryn Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    I have OCD/impulse control issues and anxiety, so when I watch what I eat I have to be very careful and mindful of my thought process/behaviors or I can easily fall into disordered eating behaviors-- I am glad I'm healthier, but at times I experience severe depression and anxiety over food and exercise. I miss not having to worry about that, haha.
  • Jesslan_Rose
    Jesslan_Rose Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    Eating whatever I want and not caring about the consequences. I dearly miss pizza and wings and candy. :(
  • felblossom
    felblossom Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    I miss not knowing exaaaactly how many calories are in ice-cream/candy/chocolate/cookies/chips/all my favorite treats... Especially knowing how much of it I can (could?) eat in a single sitting :tongue:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!